Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 03:07:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  I.R.S. lnstrumental discussion (NO LINKS, REQUESTS
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I.R.S. lnstrumental discussion (NO LINKS, REQUESTS  (Read 24547 times)
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2006, 12:59:01 AM »

looks like the source for these songs is almost definetly the trunk cd.but didnt they say there was only 3 songs and 3 instrumentals.but we have 4 songs leaked so where did the fourth song come from

He said 3 songs in addition to IRS, and that he couldn't remember exactly what the other songs were. He also didn't know the names of the other songs.

meaning possibly TWAT, CITR, Better....plus instrumentals

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2006, 01:00:03 AM »

Better was from a diff source and so was citr. Better is much further along than IRS and TWAT and CITR is from cassette not cd.

We don't know who compiled the leaks or how. You're making some assumptions. Someone could have compiled the CD in various ways - some guy in the studio gets a few tracks here, a few tracks there, THEN puts them together.

Just because they have different quality doesn't mean there's a diff. source.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #82 on: March 11, 2006, 01:00:06 AM »

Better was from a diff source and so was citr. Better is much further along than IRS and TWAT and CITR is from cassette not cd.

if it was a burned CD, then they don't have to be from the same sessions.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #83 on: March 11, 2006, 01:00:48 AM »

looks like the source for these songs is almost definetly the trunk cd.but didnt they say there was only 3 songs and 3 instrumentals.but we have 4 songs leaked so where did the fourth song come from

He said 3 songs in addition to IRS, and that he couldn't remember exactly what the other songs were. He also didn't know the names of the other songs.

meaning possibly TWAT, CITR, Better....plus instrumentals

Possibly. A new track with vocals would mean there's two sources. As it stands now, it could be one or two (or theoretically more, but that's unlikely).
highend88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #84 on: March 11, 2006, 01:01:25 AM »

Bullshit. He knows it but probably GNR management threatened him with legal action if he does speaks or reveals other songs

I get up around seven
Get outta bed around nine
And I don't worry about nothin' no
'Cause worrin's a waste of my fuckin time
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #85 on: March 11, 2006, 01:01:51 AM »

Prostitute is not better. Buckmaster said prostitute was like fire and ice and had a lot of orcharstion on it.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
saint seiya
Rocker

« Reply #86 on: March 11, 2006, 01:02:06 AM »

i wanna kill a rumour thats been going around, management and axl had nothing to do with the leaks. These songs are pretty old and someone had them and decided to share them.
Throatrake
Rocker

Well, looks like we've got ourselves a reader

« Reply #87 on: March 11, 2006, 01:03:16 AM »

C'mon guys.? Promotion wheels are a spinnin away.? CITR was placed into a board member's hands by none other than Sanctuary.

Do you really believe that German girl story??

We'll get TWAT instrumental next...........then when we think the leaks have finished...........

BAM!!!!!? Another new song is eh-hmm...........leaked?!?

Who says that Sanctuary gave CITR to a board member? ?How do you know this is true? ?I'm off topic, and I'm a mod... Embarrassed
but I'm curious. ?

On topic...haven't heard any of the instrumentals. ? Undecided

I don't know if you are against listening to the instrumentals, but if you wanna get a good feel to how cool this band really sounds, check out Better.
As awesome as Axl sounds, IMO the band sounds just as good.

What did moths bump into before light bulbs were invented? Are there moths right now on their way to the sun saying "It's gonna be worth it!".
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #88 on: March 11, 2006, 01:03:27 AM »

i wanna kill a rumour thats been going around, management and axl had nothing to do with the leaks. These songs are pretty old and someone had them and decided to share them.

Hopefully no one subscribes to that theory anymore. I did hear a rumor about an unauthorized internal leak which is a bit different from axl and management.

oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #89 on: March 11, 2006, 01:03:43 AM »

Prostitute is not better. Buckmaster said prostitute was like fire and ice and had a lot of orcharstion on it.

Thanks for reminding me of that..slays my little theory ok
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2006, 01:09:41 AM »

We don't know who compiled the leaks or how. You're making some assumptions. Someone could have compiled the CD in various ways - some guy in the studio gets a few tracks here, a few tracks there, THEN puts them together.

Like I said the songs are from different sources, you just agreed with me

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2006, 01:11:24 AM »

I think she means the initial source got the material from different people at different times, but there is only one leaker allegedly, not multiple ones with the same source disc.

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #92 on: March 11, 2006, 01:12:51 AM »

I think she means the initial source got the material from different sources at different time, but there is only one leaker allegedly, not multiple ones with the same source disc.

Im not talking about the leaker, I am talking about the songs came from different people but maybe only one got them all and is now leaking them. My point is, all these leaks didnt come from the trunk cd, they prob came from three different sources and this one person got them all together.

My theory is someone had IRS, and TWAT back in 2004 and sat on them, then got Better and CITR, then leaked them all at the same time

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #93 on: March 11, 2006, 01:22:10 AM »

I think she means the initial source got the material from different sources at different time, but there is only one leaker allegedly, not multiple ones with the same source disc.

Im not talking about the leaker, I am talking about the songs came from different people but maybe only one got them all and is now leaking them. My point is, all these leaks didnt come from the trunk cd, they prob came from three different sources and this one person got them all together.

My theory is someone had IRS, and TWAT back in 2004 and sat on them, then got Better and CITR, then leaked them all at the same time

I dunno dave. There really isn't any hard evidence that suports that right now.  the fact that instrumental tracks are leaking implies to me that the Trunk CD is a very good possibility. If another finished track leaks, then Trunk is ruled out once and for all. Trunk's alleged dismissal of Better has not convinced me.  He could be mistaken

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #94 on: March 11, 2006, 01:23:05 AM »

I dunno dave. There really isn't any hard evidence that suports that right now.? the fact that instrumental tracks are leaking implies to me that the Trunk CD is a very good possibility. If another finished track leaks, then Trunk is ruled out once and for all. Trunk's alleged dismissal of Better has not convinced me.? He could be mistaken

I thought trunk only had 3 songs? Did he have 4?

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #95 on: March 11, 2006, 01:23:46 AM »

He said IRS plus 3 songs.

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #96 on: March 11, 2006, 01:24:05 AM »

Oh then maybe u are right

oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #97 on: March 11, 2006, 01:26:44 AM »

I would say at this point that it's pretty safe to assume that we got the cd 5 years later and that aside from maybe another instrumental the well has run dry.  All up to Axl now.
axlsalinger
Rocker

All I got, is precious time...

« Reply #98 on: March 11, 2006, 01:29:07 AM »

It is quite probable that whoever gave that cd to Mike Piazza (who then gave it to Trunk) gave a copy of it to others as well, including the current leaker. Maybe that person themself is the current leaker. The presence of 3 or 4 songs, including IRS and including instrumentals is too much of a coincidence to ignore.

However, it also seems probable that Catcher in the Rye (and probably Better) are from a different source.

A typical day in the world of GN'R. The case never gets solved, but with each new piece of information just gets more and more confusing!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 01:31:01 AM by axlsalinger » Logged

When all is said and done,
We're not the only ones,
Who look at life this way
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #99 on: March 11, 2006, 01:40:25 AM »

Oh then maybe u are right

There is a link in the Better instrumental thread in which he is quoted. I'll look it up.

I wish my AIM was working tonight. Sad

Ok here is what he said on 9/1/03; it does say 3 songs plus 3 instrumentals, so I stand corrected.

The rest of the CD was also cool. It sounded like a total of 3 songs, with instrumental versions of each of the 3, making a total of 6 tracks (I think).

I did read a quote where he said IRS plus three others. There is a bit of ambiguity here. So Dave your theory is still alive!!!

Also he said this about the songs on the disc

There were other tracks and music on the CD as well, but I only had a chance to listen to them on the ride home.

Doesn't sound like he had many listens.

My instinct was that CITR was from a different source, because of age, quality (finished drums), and the tape skip. My money would be on a second leaker  for this track. But unless someone can definatively prove that two tracks could not have come from the Trunk CD, it is still a possiblity in my mind.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 01:50:37 AM by killingvector » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: