Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 06:08:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  I.R.S. lnstrumental discussion (NO LINKS, REQUESTS
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I.R.S. lnstrumental discussion (NO LINKS, REQUESTS  (Read 24381 times)
peter
Opening Act

Like a lot, love GN'R

« Reply #120 on: March 11, 2006, 12:21:40 PM »

I think we should hire a detective.
Evolution
« Reply #121 on: March 11, 2006, 12:34:56 PM »

Sounds good. You can pay attention to the solo a bit more  ok
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #122 on: March 11, 2006, 01:17:31 PM »

I'm interested to hear from darknemus why he doesn't believe this is the Trunk CD.

B/c Trunk has already said Better was not on the CD he obtained...

already discussed. We weren't 100 percent convinced.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 03:25:14 PM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
imsorry
Rocker

d|0_o|b

« Reply #123 on: March 11, 2006, 01:34:52 PM »

I wasnt here when that trunk cd appears etc; but one thing i can tell better is from the same mixdown,record time or mp3 rip cuz it lacks exactly like twat ,irs in overheads department maybe im wrong but...  yes  yes  yes

20-23/01/1991
10-12/12/1992
15/01/2001
07-13-16/03/2010
11/20/2016
I believe!
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #124 on: March 11, 2006, 03:06:18 PM »

What was the date of the 1st IRS leak last year?  The rough :55 second clip?
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #125 on: March 11, 2006, 03:10:31 PM »

april 1st?

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #126 on: March 11, 2006, 03:21:52 PM »

april 1st?

Was it April 1 2005; can anyone confirm? 
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #127 on: March 11, 2006, 03:23:13 PM »

I remember that; i think it was April 1st.

There was a 50 page thread before we got confirmation.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
saint seiya
Rocker

« Reply #128 on: March 11, 2006, 03:25:26 PM »

do you guys really think figuring out all of this is gonna lead to something else?? haha
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #129 on: March 11, 2006, 03:27:58 PM »

do you guys really think figuring out all of this is gonna lead to something else?? haha

No, but it is fun to speculate. No harm there.

Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #130 on: March 11, 2006, 04:41:59 PM »

I'm gunna guess that the well has gone dry now regarding new leaks.

Havent heard this one yet. Kinda lonely , if anyone wants to chat with me send me a PM , umm yeah.  Wink

Megaguns
« Reply #131 on: March 11, 2006, 05:22:22 PM »

I'm interested to hear from darknemus why he doesn't believe this is the Trunk CD.

B/c Trunk has already said Better was not on the CD he obtained...

already discussed. We weren't 100 percent convinced.
Hey, Can you pm me the links to instrumentals irs & better, I had better but lost it. Cheers
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #132 on: March 11, 2006, 05:28:28 PM »

april 1st?

Was it April 1 2005; can anyone confirm??
Yeah it was april first because I thought it was an April fools joke. HTGTH was down at the time so I had to get it from Mygnr
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #133 on: March 11, 2006, 05:48:01 PM »

april 1st?

Was it April 1 2005; can anyone confirm??
Yeah it was april first because I thought it was an April fools joke. HTGTH was down at the time so I had to get it from Mygnr

Very interesting.  Who is this guy (in this thread) who claimed to leak the songs?  I noticed he joined last April ok
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #134 on: March 11, 2006, 06:53:37 PM »

He said IRS plus 3 songs.

No, he said 3 songs total.

And he said Better was not there.

So why believe one and not the other?

Oh, yeah, right...the whole fantasy thing.

Better is from a different source.  Trunk has said it wasn't on the CD.  Those that "aren't convinced" have absolutely no evidence to support their theory. 

'Nuff said.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
McDuff
« Reply #135 on: March 11, 2006, 07:17:15 PM »

wow it sounds exactly the same except it doesn't have vocals,big fuckin' deal
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #136 on: March 11, 2006, 07:24:22 PM »

Better is from a different source.  Trunk has said it wasn't on the CD.  Those that "aren't convinced" have absolutely no evidence to support their theory. 

'Nuff said.

Pilfrek, I really don't mean to ride on you, but I think you've looked at the Splat interview, where they asked a leading question (what did you think of the other two songs on the CD was basically what Splat asked).

But read Trunk's ORIGINAL statement from years ago, which is this:

"The rest of the CD was also cool. It sounded like a total of 3 songs, with instrumental versions of each of the 3, making a total of 6 tracks (I think)."

The REST of the CD. And, "I think." Even at the time, Trunk wasn't sure. The guy listened to it in his car.

"There were other tracks and music on the CD as well, but I only had a chance to listen to them on the ride home. "

"The last track, which I did not play, was the best. A great rocker, with tons of shredding guitar from Buckethead. I don't know what the title was..."

I'm not trusting Trunk's memory on this. So far, all the leaks have followed a pattern. And rumor is only instrumentals are left...
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #137 on: March 11, 2006, 07:48:19 PM »

'Nuff said.

I did emend my statement if you refer to my next post.

As far as Better, I can see your point and it is floating around my grey matter. But as a pragmatist, I keep the option open b/c as far as we know, this is the only confirmed leak that exists. The presence of instrumental tracks tends to support that this is Trunk. However, as you say, Trunk denied it and there is one too many full tracks to fit on a six song disc.  We'll see. If anyother full track pops up, I think we can bury Trunk.

Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #138 on: March 11, 2006, 08:08:21 PM »

*sigh* this woula been great last night while we were all taking turns doing kareoke versions of "better" .. damn it.

next friday i guess.  ok

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #139 on: March 11, 2006, 08:15:12 PM »

Pilfrek, I really don't mean to ride on you, but I think you've looked at the Splat interview, where they asked a leading question (what did you think of the other two songs on the CD was basically what Splat asked).

But read Trunk's ORIGINAL statement from years ago, which is this:

"The rest of the CD was also cool. It sounded like a total of 3 songs, with instrumental versions of each of the 3, making a total of 6 tracks (I think)."

The REST of the CD. And, "I think." Even at the time, Trunk wasn't sure. The guy listened to it in his car.

"There were other tracks and music on the CD as well, but I only had a chance to listen to them on the ride home. "

"The last track, which I did not play, was the best. A great rocker, with tons of shredding guitar from Buckethead. I don't know what the title was..."

I'm not trusting Trunk's memory on this. So far, all the leaks have followed a pattern. And rumor is only instrumentals are left...

1) He said there was a total of 6 tracks. ?Total means total. You're interpreting, instead of reading, to try to make it fit into your "theory". ?Not IRS + 3 +3. ?3 tracks and 3 insturmentals, TOTAL. ?Again, email him yourself to confirm (which, of course, you won't do).

2) I've read the splat interview. ?They asked for specifics. ?He basically said he was fuzzy on the details. ?You can be fuzzy on details and still remember "big picture" stuff. ?In addition, knowing he had Better in his possession when he was asked the question, I also would have to think it might've jogged his memory a bit. ?I don't know. ?Why don't you contact him and ask him (which, of course, you won't do).

2) You can fantasize and believe whatever you want. ?The fact is, one of only 2 people we know to have heard the CD said Better was not on it. ?Categorically, absoltuely said "No, it wasn't" ?That's evidence. ?Your evidence is a conspiracy theory/fantasy, with no supporting evidence. ? Again, you can believe what you want. ?But realize you can't make the claim you're right without a scrap of evidence, nor should, when people say it wasn't there, you tell them they're wrong. ?They have proof. ?You have nothing. ?Simple as that. ?

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: