Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 04:57:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  We won't see the CD till September
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: We won't see the CD till September  (Read 6590 times)
Pig Vomit
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: March 10, 2006, 07:22:12 PM »

This is only speculation on my part but here are the reasons why.

1-Nothing has been announced of yet, if they hope to get the album out by early June they have to announce it by atleast mid-April and it doesn't seem likely right now. And they definetly won't release the album during late June, July, or August because all big albums are released in either spring or fall.

2-They will be touring Europe from May to the end of the summer. They can't release a album and then just leave the US with out promoting it or touring.

3-It isn't clear if the CD is even complete.
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 07:26:44 PM »

Speculation?
The only thing we know is that a tour is locked and loaded for early summer and that Axl has been "showing up" in public and playing his "CD" for people.
There's no guarantee when it's coming, but suggesting that it won't be out before September for your reasons doesn't make much sense.  What doesn't make sense is touring Europe WITHOUT a CD in stores, or at least a new single on radio.
Logic says they don't make the same mistake and tour without new product. European promoters have hinted that they've heard the new Cd is coming in May/June, and I assume they were told that to assure a strong buzz for the GnR performance.
Pig Vomit
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 07:28:47 PM »

Speculation?
The only thing we know is that a tour is locked and loaded for early summer and that Axl has been "showing up" in public and playing his "CD" for people.
There's no guarantee when it's coming, but suggesting that it won't be out before September for your reasons doesn't make much sense.? What doesn't make sense is touring Europe WITHOUT a CD in stores, or at least a new single on radio.
Logic says they don't make the same mistake and tour without new product. European promoters have hinted that they've heard the new Cd is coming in May/June, and I assume they were told that to assure a strong buzz for the GnR performance.

It doesn't make sense to release the album and then just leave the US for a tour in Europe. They have to promote it.
HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 07:29:33 PM »

Speculation?
There's no guarantee when it's coming, but suggesting that it won't be out before September for your reasons doesn't make much sense.  What doesn't make sense is touring Europe WITHOUT a CD in stores, or at least a new single on radio.

Yes, touring without CD out would be stupid.... Especially if they're going to release it AFTER the tour. It would make sense to release it before the tour or a couple weeks into it, then tour the U.S. just alittle after the Euro tour.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2006, 07:30:14 PM »

Well Metallica released their last album in summer too, why shouldn't GNR do it aswell? I believe that a June release is very likely... mark my words Wink

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Siliconmessiah
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2006, 07:31:54 PM »

Touring without CD, will cause much trouble. Even me and my friends are very sceptic if we don?t se any results.........
I hope management never lets gnr tour without an album at hand. Or else I?ll get quite angry.

And we know what happened last time............. Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed rant
Pig Vomit
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2006, 07:35:19 PM »

But how can they release a album in the US while touring Europe? It don't make sense.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2006, 07:37:09 PM »

Why doesn't it make sense? They won't just release in the US but also in the whole world, you know..

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2006, 07:37:34 PM »

Touring without CD, will cause much trouble. Even me and my friends are very sceptic if we don?t se any results.........
I hope management never lets gnr tour without an album at hand. Or else I?ll get quite angry.

And we know what happened last time............. Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed rant

being a group doesn't carry a festival actually axl doesn't need an album to do those perticular shows, but he needs one to do an actuall tour with just himself and some opening act
HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2006, 07:37:50 PM »

But how can they release a album in the US while touring Europe? It don't make sense.

Do they have to do a universal release? They can release it in Europe first, then the U.S. when they tour here...
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2006, 07:40:13 PM »

If they give one country/continent the release early, you don't think that will cause problems with people elsewhere downloading it and then not buying it?

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Pig Vomit
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2006, 07:41:09 PM »

Why doesn't it make sense? They won't just release in the US but also in the whole world, you know..

But the bulk of their sales will come from the US.
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2006, 07:41:30 PM »

They're gonna have to tour somewhere first when the album's released, why does it matter where?
HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2006, 07:42:11 PM »

If they give one country/continent the release early, you don't think that will cause problems with people elsewhere downloading it and then not buying it?

That's true, but Guns N' Neurosis made a good point also. Smiley
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2006, 07:42:50 PM »

Speculation?

Yes, touring without CD out would be stupid.... Especially if they're going to release it AFTER the tour. It would make sense to release it before the tour or a couple weeks into it, then tour the U.S. just alittle after the Euro tour.

However I can see Guns not releasing Chinese until after they shows over seas. You see they have no problem at all selling out the shows. Look at Sweden didnt it sell out in under 10 mintues? But before Axl even thinks of touring the US again he must have Chinese on the shelfs to even sell out shows. I could see a Summer release for Chinese, Tour over seas (us fans can hopefully see some boots of the shows), release Chinese Democracy to the world, then tour the US. Depending on the results of Chinese and the US leg of the tour relase the 2nd album near Christmas or the first of 07.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 07:45:21 PM by mega_music » Logged

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2006, 07:42:58 PM »

But the bulk of their sales will come from the US.

nah i doubt that, europe and asia will have more sales i guess. people in the us are too sceptical

Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2006, 07:45:42 PM »

Why doesn't it make sense? They don't need to be in the US when it is released. All they need to do is get a good single/video out there and do some press before they head to Europe.
Pig Vomit
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2006, 07:50:41 PM »

No, it will sell more copies in the US.
HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2006, 07:52:07 PM »

No, it will sell more copies in the US.

Maybe so, but wouldn't promoting it in Europe first be better then? To gain more sales there, then come to tour in the U.S. after? If they toured in the U.S. first they'd be missing out in Europe.... Goes both ways.
Pig Vomit
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2006, 07:54:24 PM »

Why doesn't it make sense? They don't need to be in the US when it is released. All they need to do is get a good single/video out there and do some press before they head to Europe.

Now that you mention it, you could be right. If they can release a couple of singles, music videos, and maybe do some interviews from Europe it could work. A few successful shows in Europe would show the promoters in the US that GNR can be trusted to do a American tour. Plus only shitty albums are released in the middle of summer, GNR wont have any competition.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: