Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 08:06:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228115 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Propaganda
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Propaganda  (Read 12066 times)
Siliconmessiah
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2006, 04:10:20 PM »

No one's hiding shit. It's in the forum for all to see...

As far as being posted as "News"... it's Jarmo's site and his call... you don't like it... no one's stopping anybody from opening up a "freer" Guns N' Roses site...

I think this post stopped it all......... ok
kaddisonmoore
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2006, 04:14:11 PM »

My view on removing Weilands comments from HTGTH news section:
-- Biased.
-- Propaganda.
-- Lick arse site. Heads can be found up Axls/Sanctuary?s ass.

Ok. Thanks for your opinion.

I value it as much as Weiland's.? ok

/jarmo
lol

the hardest part this troubled heart has ever yet been through now...
http://www.invisionplus.net/forums/index.php?mforum=icecream&act=idx
Greatest Fucking Forum Ever Made By Myself and a friend
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2006, 04:52:20 PM »

My view on removing Weilands comments from HTGTH news section:
-- Biased.
-- Propaganda.
-- Lick arse site. Heads can be found up Axls/Sanctuary?s ass.

Ok. Thanks for your opinion.

I value it as much as Weiland's.  ok

/jarmo
lol

thank you for adding so much to the discussion!

You guys are right about one thing... it is Jarmo's site and he can do what he wants and no I am not going to create my own GNR site.  This is still the best one on the net, but I have a different opinion of him and how he runs this site after that omission. 
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2006, 05:11:49 PM »

It's a mention all right.

But is it worth mentioning?? Wink

/jarmo

Jarmo, you are right in that it is mudslinging and I hate that.  But when you have close to 50 pages discussing his comments, would you not consider that news worthy?  Its more news worthy then another Adler interview from Metal Sludge where he talks about blow jobs.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2006, 05:21:26 PM »

But this is a board (correct me if I'm wrong Jarmo) dedicated to Guns N' Roses (Axl, Dizzy, Robin, Richard, Tommy, Brain and Chris), and as such it is understandable if it has an interest in not providing a platform (in the way of a proper entry in the news section) for other notable rock stars' dated (nothing in Weiland's release is new or original) bitchings designed (at least partly) to humiliate Axl and intimidate him into not releasing CD. Plus, there's a ton of shit that's been said about Axl the last 10 years that never found their way into the HTGH news section... this ain't the first and probably won't be the last...

All things considered, I thinkk Jarmo is very fair and balanced... so much so that he provides a forum for VR, old GN'R and for all GN'R alumni projects and goings on. I think he goes above and beyond the call of duty frankly...

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2006, 05:23:07 PM »

Robin, Richard, Tommy, Brain and Chris

never heard of them
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2006, 05:26:26 PM »

never heard of them

And no one's going to come and edit your posts.... seems pretty "free" to me around here....

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2006, 05:27:49 PM »

never heard of them

And no one's going to come and edit your posts.... seems pretty "free" to me around here....

We need some humor around here for christs sake.. I'll tell you one thing if I was some older dude that just got a PC asnd wanted to check out gnr and I foudn this site I wouldn't have a clue who they were.. I didn't ever see these guys until rio 3 myself..
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2006, 07:48:19 PM »

This is a Guns N Roses site, and all the news on the frontpage should be about the current members of Guns or the previous members. Last I check Weiland was not or would ever be anything Guns N Roses. You want Scott Weiland news why not go to a VR site??

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
Funral
Opening Act

There Was A Time......

« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2006, 08:00:27 PM »

Hi,

Just wondering why the Weiland Statement was originally added to the HTGTH news section and then removed.
Why is Axl's statement still part of the news section and Scotts removed.

My view on Weiland is:
-- False rockstar attitude that made a show of VR at Live 8. They have become the joke of the event and Scott Weiland played a major part.
-- Dresses like an 80's AXL.
-- Pretends to be an intellect and rants about rockin roll rebellions in his live gigs. I was at the Dublin VR gig and Weiland was a pratt. His rants are like a 10 year old trying to be cool.

You're correct on that........ The guy is indeed a FRAUD, a Mick Jagger clone, a Axl Rose wannabee, sense the day he jumped on this Supergroup...........his 15 minutes of fame were over, ...........he was sucking dick for crack in every corner of LA.................he never was, and he will never be on pair with Axl Rose!
Bad_Apple
Rocker

Oh my distorted smile

« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2006, 08:21:14 PM »

Does anybody not think that to Guns N' Roses (You remember the band don't you - the one this site is about), Weiland's comments are totally irrelevant, and about as useful as a comment by any other random person that has nothing to do with Guns N' Roses.

If it's irrelevant to Guns N' Roses, why should it be news on a Guns N' Roses site?

@#$%Funker

Actually I think this statement by Scott is important in the context of "GNR news/history"...I mean what if Axl responds to his statement, then at least we have a better idea of what is goin on.  I mean, yeah I have time NOW to procrastinate and ck out the msg board but often I don't and only ck out the news section.  To me this is juicy news!  Come on....ppl just love gossip. (sure I think the whole thing is pathetic and sad, but I'm still curious).

"in a world he did not create, he will go through it as if it were his own making; half man, half beast, I don't know what it is, but its weird and its pissed off and it calls itself Slash"
GNRLived
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2006, 08:22:52 PM »

Ok. Its probs time to put this topic to rest. The news was removed. Mudslinging yes it was. I think Scotts a dipshit. I think Axl could have maybe not mentioned what Slash said about Duff, Scott and Matt. I recon slash did say it, but I recon Axl screwed it way out of the original context it was in.

Anyway Axl is my fav member ever to be in GNR so I guess I will continue to read the news section  Smiley

I think its important for us people to be very open minded and un-biased over the next few months. As I said before I think a lot of Magazines and other Media outlets already have their reviews for CD printed and ready to go before even hearing the album. Some of these Media Whores are simply clones of the one article. There are probably a lot of people out there on the other hand that have already decided that CD is the greatest GNR album of all time and that the next leak gets 10/10 before even hearing the song.  Just be prepared. I think there will be no album ever in the history of music that will have more divided camps, reviews and mudslinging. I just hope AXL comes out the more mature, less arrogant and less bothered.

I think its funny that VR have already stated that their album is Killer before writing it!!! It must be the Hollywood way of promotion -> "Say its great and it will be great". The regular music fan dont buy that shit though. Leave those killer statements for the washed ups or burnt outs.

Thanks for all the responses dudes. Its actually been a bit of crack posting for the first time.

Last Note: I dont think its the most intelligent thing in the world to tell someone to go to a Weiland forum just because they want to discuss what Weiland said about Axl (The lead singer in Guns N Roses). I didnt see people been told to go to Moby, Zakk Wylde and all the other peoples forums when they gave an Axl mention.  beer

AmyRose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2006, 09:48:52 PM »

Well said Jarmo!  Wink
W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2006, 10:28:33 PM »

Considering that Gilby Clarke & Steven Adler make the headline news section, I think it's more than a little strange that Weilands letter was taken down. Considering that this site also has a VR section, one would think this letter would be very worthy of remaining in the news section. It concerns both lead singers of the two bands featured on this site, so what gives? Maybe the truth hurts to much to keep it up? That's the way I interpret it.

So what's the deal? Did someone tell this site not to put up unflattering remarks on the frontpage? Thought control anyone?

I don't understand how The starfuckers, featuring Gilby Clarke, playing free shows in the midwest is more newsworthy on a GNR/VR site than Weiland writing a response letter to Botaxl? Please, somone explain it to me.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 11:07:05 PM by W. Botaxl Rose » Logged

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2006, 01:20:00 AM »

It's a mention all right.

But is it worth mentioning?? Wink

/jarmo

In my opinion, it has the same worth, if not more, than such "news" that is posted as "Axl Spotted at Club," "Gilby Mention," or "Axl Eats a Steak For Dinner."

I'm not trying to slam jarmo or whoever contributs to the News section, I just think Scott's comment's should at least be noted; even if he doesn't deserve the attention or whatever.

But hey, this is starting to become a stupid topic...so, i guess i really dont care.  Just thought i'd add my 2 cents.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2006, 06:44:15 AM »

Considering that this site also has a VR section, one would think this letter would be very worthy of remaining in the news section.

Yes, but only because three of the band members were in GN'R. Scott (or Dave) isn't one of them.

That's why you don't see news about Scott's solo album, book deal, breakfast or who he attacked in his online diary.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Rocket_queen125
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2006, 06:51:52 AM »

But he attacked axl the frontman of Guns N' Roses...  rofl i mean lets be real here.. thats news is it not
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2006, 06:55:17 AM »

But he attacked axl the frontman of Guns N' Roses...? rofl i mean lets be real here.. thats news is it not

Yeah, in a very special way....

I don't post everything that's posted on this board either, because I don't think it's interesting to post how Axl is "fat" in the news section.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2006, 07:00:47 AM »

Dont get me wrong Jarmo. I read this site all the time and think its great. Super infact. Been reading for years. Great job.

I dont rate Weilands statement either, however, I find it stupid to ignore it. I mean some banged up cockstar that even mentions Axl you post on the news section. Then Weiland responds you ignore.

Come on folks. We cant complain about Magazines and Journalists for being biased and then be biased ourselves. Democracy. Most magazines have already written their biased CD review before even hearing the album and that pisses me off. But that does not mean that we need to be biased aswell. I mean if I stick my head up Axls arse I expect shit to be on my head. Right??

Just because the site is hosted by sanctuary doesnt mean we have to act like sanctuary!!!

You are absolutely right.

Even the Steven bashing comments by Adler's Appetite's ex-members were headlines. Axl attacks VR and when Scott is responding, it's not mentioned. If Axl strikes back then what will you do? What the Nazis and Communist did? That they only mention the words of the 'enemy' once the 'good ones' denied it?

Grow up.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
estranged.1098
« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2006, 07:04:56 AM »

I think it's possible that Axl will mention this at some point and when he does the HTGTH reader will have no idea what he's talking about. Scott's reply, as childish as it is, is still a very interesting GNR-related event.

Perhaps what I don't understand is what qualifies to be posted as news on the site. A simple definition is "anything that a GNR fan might find interesting", and by that the post should definitely have stayed there (60 page thread and still going...). It's also worth noting that HTGTH used the full version of the counter-lawsuit press release, not the "press friendly" edited one.

Anyway, I still love the site but I don't feel like reading the forums everyday. I'll no longer use HTGTH as a source exclusively as I'm used to, but that's not a big deal I guess.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: