Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 08:39:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228115 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Propaganda
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Propaganda  (Read 12067 times)
blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2006, 12:45:41 PM »

weiland is a talentless hack and doesn't deserve an opinion...he thinks that just because he was in a mediocre grunge band, and because he is playing with former gnr members, he is just as great as axl...

he isn't even half the musician axl is, and everything is does or says should be ignored...as it is not worthy of anyone's attention
GNRLived
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2006, 12:54:21 PM »

Folks,

Sorry last couple of questions:

1: What qualifies as worthy?
2: What people & magazines do we not display articles on? Just for future reference.

Thanks.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2006, 12:57:23 PM »

Folks,

2: What people & magazines do we not display articles on? Just for future reference.

Thanks.

im with you on that man.
people will jump onthe smallest news ino about axl going shopping
and here is a big thing. scotts letter (at least HE wrote it) and it's  nbot NEWS.
jarmo's cool. but that's kinda wierd.

axl releases a phony lawyer legal letter and we give it so much publicity
scotts comes with a badaass rock n roll style fuckin message, and we diss it ?
something's wrong ?

b i a s e d.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2006, 12:59:19 PM »

it doesn't mattter if scott's comments are on the site.... Nobody gives a fuck about these old rockers pissing and moaning about some bullshit.. We care especailly sinc ethere is no music but that's just us.. Maybe sludge will have a good laugh and bash fest
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2006, 01:01:55 PM »

it doesn't mattter if scott's comments are on the site.... Nobody gives a fuck about these old rockers pissing and moaning about some bullshit.. We care especailly sinc ethere is no music but that's just us.. Maybe sludge will have a good laugh and bash fest

exactly.
the WHOLE is lame anyway.
but it's how people see it
axl = cool
scott = lame.
SIKE.

WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2006, 01:10:00 PM »

It's a mention all right.

But is it worth mentioning?  Wink

/jarmo

Honestly Jarmo, I do think just from your posts on here that you are a cool guy.  I would never classify you as an Axl fanatic, but you definitely have an Axl bias.  And, contrary to what you and probably tons of others believe here I am not a huge VR fan.  I do like them, I went to see them live mostly because I wanted to see 2 original members of GNR (and Matt) play live together.  That was a thrill for me.  But would I classify them as one of my top bands?  Nope. 

I do think Scott's response is worth mentioning.  Do I think it was an awful response?  OH YES.  Scott definitely lost some points in my book because of that.  The fact that its the lead vocalist for VR and he is speaking out about Axl should make this 'news page' material. 

Now, this is just my opinion, but I think you need to decide what kind of site this is going to be.... you can decide to make this ONLY about the music.  You can cut out all news on lawsuits, comments by former members about each other, members making appearances at special events, etc.  I definitely DO NOT want it this way.  I like reading the random things on the news page.  I liked seeing pictures of Axl with his ridiculously expensive cars. 

I do think you need to show the good, the bad, and the ugly.  I come to this site almost daily because I know if there is something going on the GNR world then this place will most likely be one of the first to know about it.  I appreciate that.  I came here this morning and saw the "Scott responds to Axl" headline and I went to the forum to see what was being said about it.  Then I went to the gym and the bank and when I got back I saw it was taken down.  I thought it was pretty shady.

Anyways, in the end its your site and you can do what you want, but I think you are doing both the fans and your site that you have worked so hard on a disservice if you choose to remove certain items. 
speed_stone
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2006, 01:10:54 PM »

weiland is a joke and an insult to music as a whole and it's embarrasing to see slash and duff sharing a stage with such a loser. he's utterly pathetic and deserves no attention whatsoever, therefor i agree wholeheartedly with his pathetic comments being removed from this site. it looked like a 9 year old dyslexic had typed it while having a tantrum for attention. fucking pathetic.
jmrgnr
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2006, 01:11:30 PM »

Just wondering why the Weiland Statement was originally added to the HTGTH news section and then removed.

First I wanted people to see how low somebody can go, then I realized, why give this guy the exposure he seems to crave?

He's got nothing to do with the court case between Axl and Duff and Slash.

Why is Axl's statement still part of the news section and Scotts removed.

Axl released a legal press release as a response to the lawsuit that's going on, Weiland released something else...

Its a fair question that Jarmo has not answered. Give an answer instead of a sarcastic reponse would have been a better approach.

Happy now?

/jarmo

Not whether i'm happy or not....its your site and you do things that make you happy. I just thought a more respectful response like the ones you gave now would have seemed more appropriate. I'm not into arguing......wouldn't want to look like some washed up rock star. Wink
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2006, 01:13:05 PM »

100% agree with you  ok

No man can be my equal
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2006, 01:28:08 PM »

Folks,

Thanks.

1. anything axl says is definitely worthy, so you won`t miss something important hihi
2. scott weiland.........................

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2006, 01:31:43 PM »

weiland is a joke and an insult to music as a whole and it's embarrasing to see slash and duff sharing a stage with such a loser. he's utterly pathetic and deserves no attention whatsoever, therefor i agree wholeheartedly with his pathetic comments being removed from this site. it looked like a 9 year old dyslexic had typed it while having a tantrum for attention. fucking pathetic.

how do get air inside axl's ass Cheesy

I mean how does one have such anger for someone because he said something about poor wittle axl waxl
kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2006, 01:41:07 PM »

jarmo is axl........... ?

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
Mr.Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2006, 01:42:43 PM »

Axl released a legal press release as a response to the lawsuit that's going on, Weiland released something else...

Axl did do that up to point. To be fair the whole paragraph about Slash visiting him was so uncalled for. It had absolutley nothing to do with the court case or anything. It was a real insult whther it was made up or not, and was unnessesary.
So in my view, just becuase Weiland's comments are a little more hardcore doesn't mean Axl wasn't acting like a little kid as well.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2006, 01:47:17 PM »

Well there are 32 pages and counting of people who care about what Axl/Scott are saying so its is def news worthy in that sense no???   ok

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2006, 01:48:56 PM »

Well there are 32 pages and counting of people who care about what Axl/Scott are saying so its is def news worthy in that sense no?Huh ?ok

it's news worthy in this small speck of the world, it's just not news worthy to most regular people...

if this was 1992 this would be huge... STP debut hit nine million copies sold, plush was huge, gnr had the illusions kicking ass on the chart... Now it's more die hards carring
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2006, 01:59:22 PM »

Well there are 32 pages and counting of people who care about what Axl/Scott are saying so its is def news worthy in that sense no???   ok

it's news worthy in this small speck of the world, it's just not news worthy to most regular people...

if this was 1992 this would be huge... STP debut hit nine million copies sold, plush was huge, gnr had the illusions kicking ass on the chart... Now it's more die hards carring

Agree 100% - in the big picture of real life important things, this is trivial beyond belief - But don't you think its newsworthy for this site/forum?  To your point, is it a news story that there is a New Axl pic with some cracked out 25 year old with huge boobs???  I think Scott's response is a tad bit bigger story Wink

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2006, 03:00:54 PM »

I've seen news posted on the homepage just because some unknown guy mentioned Axl in an interview.  Here someone who has significant links to ex-GnR members has made a press release about Axl, and it's not mentioned? There were 37 pages of responses on the board - of course its GnR-related news. Everyone whether pro-Axl, anti-Axl or unbiased, care about this news.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2006, 03:05:49 PM »

Obviously during slow periods in the GN'R world even a small mention might get posted....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2006, 03:12:27 PM »

To be fair the whole paragraph about Slash visiting him was so uncalled for. It had absolutley nothing to do with the court case or anything. It was a real insult whther it was made up or not, and was unnessesary.
So in my view, just becuase Weiland's comments are a little more hardcore doesn't mean Axl wasn't acting like a little kid as well.

I guess you have to be "the stronger" to see why it was relevant. hihi
« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 03:16:27 PM by the dirt » Logged

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2006, 03:46:26 PM »

No one's hiding shit. It's in the forum for all to see...

As far as being posted as "News"... it's Jarmo's site and his call... you don't like it... no one's stopping anybody from opening up a "freer" Guns N' Roses site...

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: