Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:24:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl - Legal Press Release
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl - Legal Press Release  (Read 134991 times)
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #900 on: March 07, 2006, 12:42:43 PM »

Any of you actually thought Axl might be lying  hihi

He is one way or anthor, how can he say he hasn't spoke to Slash in 10 years and now he says this.

it`s not a given fact that they spoke together... axl doesn`t even reply to emails in most cases i guess (traci guns....)

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
shaun
« Reply #901 on: March 07, 2006, 01:26:51 PM »

where are VR now
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #902 on: March 07, 2006, 01:28:42 PM »

where is the fuckin real press release?HuhHuh

it`s getting lame.........

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #903 on: March 07, 2006, 01:34:30 PM »

Here's my badass theory:

Slash goes to Axl's house back in Oct...Agrees to drop lawsuit, etc..etc..
Both agreed to keep this meeting confidential for obvious reasons...Slash
even uses the "mutual friend heard CD" excuse..

Thus they both start saying good things about each other, etc..

Axl's waiting around for something to happen....Then walla, the leaks hit.
Was it Slash that had a copy of the demos and dropped the leaks?
Was it a test by Axl?

Within a week later, Axl seems to have lashed back out....

The latter part may be a stretch, but I am 99% certain they did meet
and want to keep it confidential.

This puzzles not that hard to figure out folks.

Yeah, I tend to think that something happened, or didn't happen, recently which spun Axl into action. This counterclaim could have been filed months ago.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #904 on: March 07, 2006, 01:44:50 PM »

Yea KV but maybe not until the last October

By the way, When Slash started to say CD to be out in march?
Steel_Angel
« Reply #905 on: March 07, 2006, 01:47:34 PM »

THIS IS LUDACRIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rant Shocked Shocked Shocked rant<<sarcasm
some of us care about the music damnit! not some shitty lawsuit
Siliconmessiah
« Reply #906 on: March 07, 2006, 01:50:44 PM »

THIS IS LUDACRIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rant Shocked Shocked Shocked rant
some of us care about the music damnit! not some shitty lawsuit

Yes. many of you agree.

But apparently it sheds some light on one thing. Guns n Roses will never reunite.

And that is good!!  ok
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #907 on: March 07, 2006, 01:56:29 PM »

I do agree with the dude a page back to a degree.

Axl could come out with a rap album and there would be people on here comparing it to 2pac and hailing it as greater than any rap out today.

The demos are great though, Hopefully some things I.E. guitar solos/drums will be tweaked for final mixes but even if they are just as they are Better,IRS and TWAT will be great,amazing songs.

Axl lives up to his end without a doubt, his vocals,lyrics and melodies are right there if not better than a big chunk of GNR's catalog.

The guitar playing and solos arent better than most of GNR's back catalog but the playing doesnt diminish the songs it just at times doesnt elevate it the way the guitar playing elevated Old GNR.

still great stuff that IM very happy with and if CD is the same quality as "The Blues",Madagascar, Better,IRS and TWAT ill be very happy and more than satisfied.

the guitar playing does not blow CB out of the water though for the record.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Siliconmessiah
« Reply #908 on: March 07, 2006, 02:02:18 PM »

Axl could come out with a rap album and there would be people on here comparing it to 2pac and hailing it as greater than any rap out today.

I disagree with you here D.

I can only speak for myself, but NO. For example, I am a big fan of Bruce Springsteen and the E-street band, and I also like Springsteen solo. But now he?s going on tour covering Pete Seeger. That sucks, and I know many people that won?t buy the album or go to his concerts.

This Axl-love-thing has gotten out of hand. He?s a great artist, creating good music, he deserves respect.

If he?d put out a rap-album, I know many who would back out (including me)

But on the other hand, he would get a lot of new fans too.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #909 on: March 07, 2006, 02:06:45 PM »

something people havent even looked at, Slash said CD was done and had a very reliable inside source, Hell that source was none other than Axl himself.

Axl told him CD was coming out in 06, Slash spills the beans *Which leads to the media whore label Axl placed on Slash in the lawsuit" Axl got pissed off and spilled the beans on what Slash said about his VR bandmates.

tell me this doesnt add up andmake sense??

Now this changes my perspective.

If Axl let Slash hear the record and confided in him and told him it was comin out in 06 and then Slash goes to the press and breaks the news therefore stealing axl's press and thunder, Id have to take back any negative thing I said about Axl in this thread cause if this is what happened, I wouldnt be able to blame Axl cause Slash would have betrayed first.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Siliconmessiah
« Reply #910 on: March 07, 2006, 02:10:04 PM »

You have a good point there D.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #911 on: March 07, 2006, 02:17:59 PM »

Are you talking about fans or the mainstream reaction? Even this week's Entertainment Weekly took a slap at the new GnR tracks, calling them weak.

I don't think that the mainstream has the same rose colored glasses as the fanbase here.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
ZRO
Rocker

Does this look infected?

« Reply #912 on: March 07, 2006, 02:18:57 PM »

Some of you guys in this LOOOONG 46 page discussion have forgotton one important thing.. Axl is fucking insane.

A musical genius, but he's got to be clinically nuts.

Just think about it.. what do you think Axl is doing RIGHT NOW? He's sure as hell not finishing Chinese Democracy. I bet he's sitting in front of the TV watching Maury Povich, with a big bowl of Fruity Pebbles, getting a pedicure. Who REALLY knows what he's doing? I don't think even Axl knows.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I&#039;ve got is precious time

« Reply #913 on: March 07, 2006, 02:19:13 PM »

Are you talking about fans or the mainstream reaction? Even this week's Entertainment Weekly took a slap at the new GnR tracks, calling them weak.

I don't think that the mainstream has the same rose colored glasses as the fanbase here.

Most of the media is going to bash the new album no matter how good it is. Most already have their reviews written.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Siliconmessiah
« Reply #914 on: March 07, 2006, 02:24:14 PM »

Some of you guys in this LOOOONG 46 page discussion have forgotton one important thing.. Axl is fucking insane.

A musical genius, but he's got to be clinically nuts.

Just think about it.. what do you think Axl is doing RIGHT NOW? He's sure as hell not finishing Chinese Democracy. I bet he's sitting in front of the TV watching Maury Povich, with a big bowl of Fruity Pebbles, getting a pedicure. Who REALLY knows what he's doing? I don't think even Axl knows.

Apparently, you know... Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 02:28:52 PM by Siliconmessiah » Logged
Deez Nuts
Rocker

Village Gorilla Neck

« Reply #915 on: March 07, 2006, 02:26:28 PM »

Let's ask Dan Abrams to cover the Axl/Duff/Slash case on his MSNBC show.

abramsreport@msnbc.com

Sorry bud, but the last thing I want right now is this mess getting any more publicity than it already has. ?They say any pub is good pub but not in this case. ?A bunch of 44 year old wankers squabbling over millions which we the fans gave them. ?People seem caught up in choosing sides here but nobody is going to win anyways. ?Cripes, some people are grandparents by the time they're 44, these guys need to grow up.

I hope both sides SUE THE FUCK out of each other so we don't have to hear about this battle anymore that should have been settled some 13 odd years ago. ?

Fargo  Nov 15, 2002
NY       May 15, 2006
NY       May 17, 2006
Ames   Dec 1,   2006
Mpls     Dec 2,   2006
Sturgis Aug 13, 2010
Fargo Aug 11, 2021
shaun
« Reply #916 on: March 07, 2006, 02:38:03 PM »

The demos are great though, Hopefully some things I.E. guitar solos/drums will be tweaked for final mixes but even if they are just as they are Better,IRS and TWAT will be great,amazing songs.

Axl lives up to his end without a doubt, his vocals,lyrics and melodies are right there if not better than a big chunk of GNR's catalog.

The guitar playing and solos arent better than most of GNR's back catalog but the playing doesnt diminish the songs it just at times doesnt elevate it the way the guitar playing elevated Old GNR.

still great stuff that IM very happy with and if CD is the same quality as "The Blues",Madagascar, Better,IRS and TWAT ill be very happy and more than satisfied.

the guitar playing does not blow CB out of the water though for the record.

People have said that the new GnR material sounds like various other bands. A fusion of sounds. The names Queen, The Beatles, Zed Zeppelin among others have cropped up. Maybe Axl has over years been locked away listening to all these bands and then taking what he hears Buckethead, Robin, Tommy produce (while they were jamming) and then assembling the tracks (on a computer) to produce the new sound. The new sound sounding not very original, but some new songs that simply sound very good.

People have said that the new GnR does not sound like the old GnR. That maybe true, but maybe the old GnR went though the same basic process as above. As people have said that the original GnR material sounds like various other bands. A fusion of  sounds. The names Rolling Stones, AC/DC among others have cropped up. Take the distinctive intro to Mr Brownstone, it?s supposed to sound just like another track from another band (name not known as I type). Wasn?t Don?t Cry 'the notes' copied from some unknown track from some artist who later sued. If you listen to one of the bootleg studio versions of November Rain it sounds just like a well known Rod Stewart song  Wink

So as good as GnR are (old or new) and as good as they perform live, maybe they were never that original.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 02:46:39 PM by D0badog » Logged
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #917 on: March 07, 2006, 02:44:07 PM »

still no one has said why would slash be there at 5 in the morning after ten years of silence between the two, axl said he was sober, it said he knocked his band mates, etc.. But this doesn't make any sence

1) why did he got there?? Wasn't jus to talk about duff scott or matt

2)why so early in the morning and why was he allowed to gain access so easily with all the bitterness over the years?

3) why does anyone believe this happened?? it's not like it was in axl's voice we heard this or some taping done by axl to bait slash into possibly saying something negative..

In the end I just want music, who really gives a fuck what these guys are saying.. Interviews are cool and all but when you have this many years of nothing let the music do some talking already..

He was there to talk about a reunion or an Axl/Slash reunion. It's that simple. If Slash was at Axl's house, it can be the only answer.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #918 on: March 07, 2006, 02:48:24 PM »

the funny thing is that slash and duff all of a sudden don't have the balls to comment on this in a press release or in an interview or something, nothing...

i mean, they have pretty much been giving interviews and comments every fucking day for the last three years... Roll Eyes

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #919 on: March 07, 2006, 02:49:27 PM »

He was there to talk about a reunion or an Axl/Slash reunion. It's that simple. If Slash was at Axl's house, it can be the only answer.

Wonder where Ross Halfin got his reunion "news" from....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: