Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 07:17:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl - Legal Press Release
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl - Legal Press Release  (Read 137958 times)
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #740 on: March 07, 2006, 01:15:42 AM »

my point was if I were Axl I'd tell him to fuck off. All this talk for years,and then he suddenly shows up saying things totally different.

All the talk of how he has love for Axl, and that he's a hell of a talent?

Then again Axl invited Izzy to his place and then screamed at him to get off his property when he arrived, so yeah, maybe that's what you'd do.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #741 on: March 07, 2006, 01:16:12 AM »

and what are the lies in the press release?

You misunderstood my post...

They complain about Slash attacking Axl in the press, telling lies, etc. and give no examples.? Its the same kind of thing Ive seen on this very forum for years now.? Die-hard Axl fans get so accustomed to calling Slash a liar that they believe its true and cant provide anything substantial when asked to do back the claim up.? Something that thread proved.

The only lie I can remember Slash saying was that Axl had only 2 or 3 songs finished for Chinese Democracy.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #742 on: March 07, 2006, 01:17:47 AM »

The only lie I can remember Slash saying was that Axl had only 2 or 3 songs finished for Chinese Democracy.

It's possible that it wasn't a lie.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #743 on: March 07, 2006, 01:19:07 AM »

The big question is: why Axl posted this now? My answer: Slash decided not no join his band and it pissed off Axl. Just a guess, but I can't see another reason for the timing.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #744 on: March 07, 2006, 01:21:32 AM »

why do people feel that if u love Axl u cant also support Slash?

I've heard the demos and Axl's vocals,lyrics and melodies are great but Slash's VR work is way better than the guitar work on the demos.

If Slash insults Axl, I will come down hard on Slash or whoever else. If Axl insults Slash or Duff, Ill come down on Axl.

matt is ok to insult cause I dont care for him but unprovoked attacks on Slash and Duff to me are unacceptable.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #745 on: March 07, 2006, 01:22:45 AM »

It's possible that it wasn't a lie.

It was a lie cause u got

CD
the blues
Maddy
Rhiad
Better
IRS
TWAT
Catcher

thats what?? 8 songs written there, SLash acted like he only had 2 or 3 songs.

I will say this though, When I heard "Better' or TWAT i just imagine Slash guitar fills and solos and its so amazing to think how great those songs would be with Slash.

Think about Estranged. Thats a great song but if u take away Slash's guitar melodies that song drops a couple points. think of NR, without Slash's guitar work that song drops a couple points.

I hear those GNR demos and all they are missing is Slash to be perfect.

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #746 on: March 07, 2006, 01:26:45 AM »

why do people feel that if u love Axl u cant also support Slash?

I've heard the demos and Axl's vocals,lyrics and melodies are great but Slash's VR work is way better than the guitar work on the demos.

If Slash insults Axl, I will come down hard on Slash or whoever else. If Axl insults Slash or Duff, Ill come down on Axl.

matt is ok to insult cause I dont care for him but unprovoked attacks on Slash and Duff to me are unacceptable.

The solos in maddy, the blues, twat and citr are all better than any solo in VR

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #747 on: March 07, 2006, 01:27:16 AM »

my point was if I were Axl I'd tell him to fuck off. All this talk for years,and then he suddenly shows up saying things totally different.

All the talk of how he has love for Axl, and that he's a hell of a talent?

Then again Axl invited Izzy to his place and then screamed at him to get off his property when he arrived, so yeah, maybe that's what you'd do.

When asked about Axl keeping the Guns name.
"It's been so long now,I could care less" (not the exact words ok)
Two fucking minutes later "It would have done everyone a favor if he just left the name.".
Contradiction? I think so.
Th guy's story changes like the weather here in Canada. One day it's nice,the next it's cold as a mother fucker.
Get it? Got it? Good

But when VR's next album "Contradiction" does hit stores I will buy it,as I dig the music,and that's what it's about.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #748 on: March 07, 2006, 01:30:18 AM »

I don't blame Axl for being pissed about the law suit in question though....I think Slash/Duff acted like dicks and could have just picked up the phone and asked someone why their checks were smaller instead of saying Axl is manipulating the situation and what not.?

Slash and Duff have been throwing Axl under the bus for 10 years and Axl has said nothing.

What are you talking about?? When they have been asked a question they answered it as honestly as possible.? They dont slander Axl, they say he is an amazing singer and he is very talented.? They acknowledge that they could not get along and make the band work.? If you want to talk about slandering lets look at the "Where is Slash?? He is up my ass" comments by Axl in shows started with the first NYE show.? So dont go around saying that "Axl has said nothing" because he certainly has.?

I think the up my ass comment has been taken out of context....

rofl

This sentence cannot be taken out of context.

Rollin' on the streets
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #749 on: March 07, 2006, 01:34:40 AM »

When asked about Axl keeping the Guns name.
"It's been so long now,I could care less" (not the exact words ok)
Two fucking minutes later "It would have done everyone a favor if he just left the name.".
Contradiction? I think so.

It was a life and career altering unfortunate breakup for him.Is it hard to understand the fact that some days Slash may not feel like talking about it wheras other days it bothers him a little more.

Slash lived and breathed GNR as well, not only Axl.

Th guy's story changes like the weather here in Canada. One day it's nice,the next it's cold as a mother fucker.
Get it? Got it? Good

When it comes to this, so what? People talk about it here everyday. He can't?
I know how the weather changes in Canada; I live there. It changes and I like it.

Mike McKagan
Rocker

I'm a small town white boy...

« Reply #750 on: March 07, 2006, 01:39:41 AM »

I don't blame Axl for being pissed about the law suit in question though....I think Slash/Duff acted like dicks and could have just picked up the phone and asked someone why their checks were smaller instead of saying Axl is manipulating the situation and what not.?

Slash and Duff have been throwing Axl under the bus for 10 years and Axl has said nothing.

What are you talking about?? When they have been asked a question they answered it as honestly as possible.? They dont slander Axl, they say he is an amazing singer and he is very talented.? They acknowledge that they could not get along and make the band work.? If you want to talk about slandering lets look at the "Where is Slash?? He is up my ass" comments by Axl in shows started with the first NYE show.? So dont go around saying that "Axl has said nothing" because he certainly has.?

rofl

I don't think it can be taken out of context per se, but I do think it can be manipulated to prove things it doesn't really prove.  There's a big difference between Axl saying that onstage during an attempt at a comeback without Slash in reaction to someone wearing a T-shirt or a holding up a sign, and saying the same thing in an interview.  Totally different emotionaly dynamic.  Not defending the comment, just saying that it looks worse in print without the context of the concert situation.

VR--Nashville, TN--10/16/04
GNR--Portland, OR--12/11/06
GNR--Rosemont, IL--11/15/11
GNR--Nashville, TN--07/09/16
GNR--Saint Louis, MO--09/09/23 (canceled)
SF--Terre Haute, IN--07/21/2024 (cancele
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #751 on: March 07, 2006, 01:40:51 AM »

Dave

are they better than any orignal GNR songs though???

I dont think so either.

CB wasnt built to be a huge guitar soloing oriented record though, I disagree though, I think YGNR and FTP's solos are better to be honest. THey are constructed in a way where the solos have to be short and sweet though.

Slash's guitar took Estranged from an 8 to a 10, he took NR from an 8 to a ten, took SCOM from an 8 to a 10

see the pattern?

The guitar work on the GNR demos doesnt elevate the song that much and thats the problem, Axl is brilliant but the guitar playing doesnt elevate it to that next level of emotion.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 01:43:20 AM by D? » Logged

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #752 on: March 07, 2006, 01:40:58 AM »

rofl

Did you ever stop to think that Axl was telling the truth? Maybe Slash was in fact up Axl's Ass. Maybe Axl cares so much for Slash, that he put him in his ass to make sure Slash would be alright. Maybe some shit was going down...like a fucking warzone. And Axl risked his life and put Slash in his ass to insure that Slash would be alright.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #753 on: March 07, 2006, 01:42:17 AM »

Did you ever stop to think that Axl was telling the truth? Maybe Slash was in fact up Axl's Ass. Maybe Axl cares so much for Slash, that he put him in his ass to make sure Slash would be alright. Maybe some shit was going down...like a fucking warzone. And Axl risked his life and put Slash in his ass to insure that Slash would be alright.

I for one am happy he put Slash in his ass.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #754 on: March 07, 2006, 01:46:19 AM »

Dave

I dont think so either.

CB wasnt built to be a huge guitar soloing oriented record though, I disagree though, I think YGNR and FTP's solos are better to be honest. THey are constructed in a way where the solos have to be short and sweet though.

Slash's guitar took Estranged from an 8 to a 10, he took NR from an 8 to a ten, took SCOM from an 8 to a 10

see the pattern?

The guitar work on the GNR demos doesnt elevate the song that much and thats the problem, Axl is brilliant but the guitar playing doesnt elevate it to that next level of emotion.

I would need to hear the final mix to determine whether the guitars are elevating the emotional impact of the song. Also I think there are other sounds which enhance the listening experience. I am very keen to hear the orchestration.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Stupid Head
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #755 on: March 07, 2006, 01:55:09 AM »

The big question is: why Axl posted this now? My answer: Slash decided not no join his band and it pissed off Axl. Just a guess, but I can't see another reason for the timing.

If anything it would be the other way round.
"Based on his conduct in showing up at Rose's home, Axl was hopeful that Slash would live up to his pronouncements that he wanted to end the war and move on with life. Unfortunately that did not prove to be the case."

By the looks of it, Axl thought Slash was ending this war with him but when Slash didnt drop the lawsuits, Axl got pissed off!
Slash probably wanted to rejoin GNR but obviously that didnt happen, so he didnt drop the lawsuits.
Elrothiel
« Reply #756 on: March 07, 2006, 01:56:24 AM »

OK, to Thorazine Shuffle. The "up my ass" comment is not slander, that was just a comment meaning "Slash means nothing to me anymore, now shut up and go home!" Slander is spreading potentially harmful lies about someone by word of mouth. If it is in text, then it is called Libel, but it is the same thing essentially.

If anyone should be accused of slander AND libel, it is Slash. The dude is like a geyser of "It was Axl" "and then Axl did this" "and then Axl did that!" "and that was the end of the band" "Axl fired me" "I always liked SCOM, it was AXL who hated it" "*insert more pathetic lies here*" "he was going to straighten my hair to change the image of the band" "*more lies*" "he stole my hat and threatened to throw it out the window" "he insulted my guitar playing" "he continually kicked me in the nuts" "he tore the ass out of my leather pants... now they're chaps" "he fucked my wife" "I told Savannah to say that" (actually that one's probably true!) "Axl wanted to do crazy dance music" "Axl wanted to make me wear a corset onstage to hide my beer belly"

and so on and so forth... Yes I made a lot of those up, but I got carried away... hihi I tried to find the most unlikely things that Slash would say just to demean Axl in the press... but will probably end up saying anyway. Roll Eyes

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #757 on: March 07, 2006, 01:57:06 AM »

Dave

I dont think so either.

see the pattern?

I would need to hear the final mix to determine whether the guitars are elevating the emotional impact of the song. Also I think there are other sounds which enhance the listening experience. I am very keen to hear the orchestration.

right now that isnt relevant cause there are people who say the demos guitar playing is on par with NR and Estranged.

I cant see how anyone can honestly say that with a straight face.

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #758 on: March 07, 2006, 01:57:31 AM »

rofl

Are you implying that Slash was in the band in 2002 someway? ?rofl

Rollin' on the streets
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #759 on: March 07, 2006, 02:00:42 AM »

Dave

I dont think so either.

see the pattern?

right now that isnt relevant cause there are people who say the demos guitar playing is on par with NR and Estranged.

I cant see how anyone can honestly say that with a straight face.

It is relevant to me.

To compare to finished tracks,  I need to hear a finished track.

No doubt though that these songs could be great.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: