Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:30:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl - Legal Press Release
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl - Legal Press Release  (Read 137845 times)
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #620 on: March 06, 2006, 08:20:08 PM »

I have an idea. YOU go retrieve it. You know damn well you said it, and you said it at 3 different forums. If you dont believe it, read your own post history at these forums. I'm not taking the time to go through all your posts at different forums to prove you were lying when I knew it all along.

Oh, you didn't find anything...? What a surprise. ?hihi

I only post on one forum, here. The thread you are talking about appeared long after "Axl Rose Child" - me - was banned from MYGNR, meaning it would be literally impossible for me to post in that thread under that screen-name. ?ok

Keep trying, tool.

10? ?Guns N' Roses / Guns N' Roses / Re: GN'R @ Download festival?? on: February 07, 2006, 01:37:41 PM?
Quote from: chineseblues on February 07, 2006, 09:17:05 AM
Im sure some of you will get a good kick out of this http://forum.readingfestivalonline.co.uk/showthread.php?t=15451 Especially the part where "axl rose child aka arc" is going around saying slash is back? ?

ok rofl

Axl Rose Child
Virgin Poster

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by six string enthusiast
Thats not true at all

Yep

Yes, it's true. Slash is back.

hihi rofl ok
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 08:22:19 PM by dolphin » Logged
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #621 on: March 06, 2006, 08:20:37 PM »

D brings up a super point. ?A big chunk of the release has big words and all sorts of legal mumbo-jumbo until "Axl" starts saying those things about Slash. ?But whose to say, I back up Axl 100% of the time.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #622 on: March 06, 2006, 08:20:40 PM »

I can just see the "rant before the storm" as Axl relates to this thread right before ripping into "Get In The Ring" and the middle part has a VERY new sound to it Wink

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #623 on: March 06, 2006, 08:21:26 PM »

I didn't look.
I only post on one forum, here. The thread you are talking about appeared long after "Axl Rose Child" - me - was banned from MYGNR, meaning it would be literally impossible for me to post in that thread under that screen-name. ?ok
I wasn't talking about mygnr, and you know it.
Keep trying, tool.
Funny how you keep insulting me, and I wasn't the first one to bring up your 'Slash is back' bullshit in this thread. I guess it's because I was the one that was so vocal about you and M88 being frauds back when you were spewing that shit. Oh well. Its ancient history. I was right, you were wrong, and thats all there is to it.
 Go back to analyzing press releases.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #624 on: March 06, 2006, 08:22:45 PM »

I find it funny all the people that thought it was ok for Slash and Duff to bad mouth Axl, and bitch about Axl not making statements, and now that he does and gives his side you are bashing him for it.

i thought axl was the guy who takes the high road, secondly you don't even know if it happened

How do you know it did not? Like I said if Axl really said this, why would he lying about something this big?

I still don't know if it ever happened.. Why would axl invite slash in long enough to talk about his friends.?? Maybe axl decided to start BSing being everyone elose are a bunch of liars ruining axl's life

I wonder if axl at least played CD for slash while he was there
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #625 on: March 06, 2006, 08:23:13 PM »

and what are the lies in the press release?

You misunderstood my post...

They complain about Slash attacking Axl in the press, telling lies, etc. and give no examples.  Its the same kind of thing Ive seen on this very forum for years now.  Die-hard Axl fans get so accustomed to calling Slash a liar that they believe its true and cant provide anything substantial when asked to do back the claim up.  Something that thread proved.

Slash and Duff are suing Axl for his livelihood; claiming that he defrauded them, essentially stole their rightfully owed royalties, and rescinded his partnership in the band that he helped create.

Why is it that some of you want him to fight for his financial and professional life with gloves on? Slash and Duff are the attackers; let the man defend himself. If he chooses to counter the chargers in public, like any person who was condemned in the media would respond, then let the man have his say and his day in court.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 08:25:28 PM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #626 on: March 06, 2006, 08:23:29 PM »

I didn't look.
I wasn't talking about mygnr, and you know it.
Keep trying, tool.
Funny how you keep insulting me, and I wasn't the first one to bring up your 'Slash is back' bullshit in this thread. I guess it's because I was the one that was so vocal about you and M88 being frauds back when you were spewing that shit. Oh well. Its ancient history. I was right, you were wrong, and thats all there is to it.
 Go back to analyzing press releases.

go up a few posts. ?I just owned Axl Rose Child rofl
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #627 on: March 06, 2006, 08:25:05 PM »

and what are the lies in the press release?

You misunderstood my post...

They complain about Slash attacking Axl in the press, telling lies, etc. and give no examples.? Its the same kind of thing Ive seen on this very forum for years now.? Die-hard Axl fans get so accustomed to calling Slash a liar that they believe its true and cant provide anything substantial when asked to do back the claim up.? Something that thread proved.

Slash and Duff are suing Axl for his livelihood; claiming that he defrauded them, essentially stole their rightfully owed royalties.

Why is it that some of you want him to fight for his financial and professional life with gloves on? Slash and Duff are the attackers; let the man defend himself. If he chooses to counter the chargers in public, like any person who was condemned in the media would respond, then let the man have his say and his day in court.

I agree just a few months ago people were bitching why hasnt axl given his side of the story yet and now they got their wish and he still is wrong. Its funny Axl keeps quiet and gets bashed for it, axl speaks about it and gets bashed. Some people need to grow up

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #628 on: March 06, 2006, 08:26:02 PM »

I find it funny all the people that thought it was ok for Slash and Duff to bad mouth Axl, and bitch about Axl not making statements, and now that he does and gives his side you are bashing him for it.

i thought axl was the guy who takes the high road, secondly you don't even know if it happened

How do you know it did not? Like I said if Axl really said this, why would he lying about something this big?

I still don't know if it ever happened.. Why would axl invite slash in long enough to talk about his friends.?? Maybe axl decided to start BSing being everyone elose are a bunch of liars ruining axl's life

I wonder if axl at least played CD for slash while he was there

Conspiracy theorists would say, Slash was back, until a few weeks ago, when he told Axl he could not go on without Duff or Matt back in the band, and then all hell broke loose again.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #629 on: March 06, 2006, 08:29:33 PM »

But when you think about it.....the lawsuit was extremely horseshit.? They didn't get their money......first thing they apparently do (I'm not saying I know the full story, but I do know the ASCAP fuckup was true)? is blame Axl saying he's not giving them their money.? Axl has nothing to do with paying them their money, the check comes from ASCAP.? Seriously all they would have had to do is check into it.? You think with Duff being a businessman and all.....he'd be all over that?? I dont' know.....as with everything else in the GNR world....confusion.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #630 on: March 06, 2006, 08:30:21 PM »

The first line of the statement clearly says that Axl was announcing he filed a countersuit on March 3. This was not just another 'vindictive public statement.' In fact this is the first Axl Rose official statement.

You keep repeating this...How was the August press release not an official Axl Rose statement?

W.Axl Rose Responds to Frivolous Copyright Suit by Former Guns N' Roses Members

Now explain what the big difference is between this and:

Axl Rose Responds To Lawsuit

Neither contains one quote from Axl himself.  Both are stated through his attorney.  Whats the difference?
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #631 on: March 06, 2006, 08:34:10 PM »

The first line of the statement clearly says that Axl was announcing he filed a countersuit on March 3. This was not just another 'vindictive public statement.' In fact this is the first Axl Rose official statement.

You keep repeating this...How was the August press release not an official Axl Rose statement?

Neither contains one quote from Axl himself.  Both are stated through his attorney.  Whats the difference?

I do keep repeating it because I can't believe there are people still questioning why this statement was released. The answer clearly is that
Axl has filed a countersuit and he did so on Friday.

This statement is from Axl about the countersuit and previous examples of this type of behavior from S&D. The previous statement was made by Weitzman in response to the charges of fraud and theft (yes the allegation is theft). Weitzman clearly explained what happened and , yes, did take  a punch or two at the dynamic duo.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #632 on: March 06, 2006, 08:39:43 PM »

Slash and Duff are suing Axl for his livelihood; claiming that he defrauded them, essentially stole their rightfully owed royalties, and rescinded his partnership in the band that he helped create.

Why is it that some of you want him to fight for his financial and professional life with gloves on? Slash and Duff are the attackers; let the man defend himself.

The man can defend himself anyway he sees fit.  Its too bad he thinks a public temper tantrum and transparent divide-and-conquer routine is the best way to do so.  I think actually prevailing in court would work as well.  Im not even criticizing his lawsuit, thats obviously fair game.  Ive stated any side was right in this legal fight.  Thats for the courts.  But as a public statement, this "Mr. Rose says" approach coupled with a completely irrelevant story told only to damage Velvet Revolver is pretty lame.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #633 on: March 06, 2006, 08:42:26 PM »

Why is it that some of you want him to fight for his financial and professional life with gloves on? Slash and Duff are the attackers; let the man defend himself.

The man can defend himself anyway he sees fit.  Its too bad he thinks a public temper tantrum and transparent divide-and-conquer routine is the best way to do so.  I think actually prevailing in court would work as well.  Im not even criticizing his lawsuit, thats obviously fair game.  Ive stated any side was right in this legal fight.  Thats for the courts.  But as a public statement, this "Mr. Rose says" approach coupled with a completely irrelevant story told only to damage Velvet Revolver is pretty lame.

The Slash anecdote is debatable. I really don't know what to believe about that. I tend to think that Axl patronized the RS reporter about Slash, not wanting to get into specifics.  I could have done without it, honestly.

Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #634 on: March 06, 2006, 08:42:53 PM »

Neither contains one quote from Axl himself.? Both are stated through his attorney.? Whats the difference?

I do keep repeating it because I can't believe there are people still questioning why this statement was released. The answer clearly is that

This statement is from Axl about the countersuit and previous examples of this type of behavior from S&D. The previous statement was made by Weitzman in response to the charges of fraud and theft (yes the allegation is theft). Weitzman clearly explained what happened and , yes, did take? a punch or two at the dynamic duo.

No kidding, and here is how a responsible client and lawyer should respond. ?Again, it's not the claim, it's the way this was handled--like a frickin two year old. ?Whoever is getting paid to help Axl must be a con-artist. ?It's sad, and it's very sad that the die hards here are about as out of touch with reality, as those loyalists inside Hitler's bunker during May, 1945.

Here you go smarty pants:

We are filing a countersuit, against false claims, that Axl Rose was not involved in the creation of the involved songs. ?We regret filing this motion, but had no choice in lieu of two illegitimate claims against our client. ?We, feel that the original lawsuit, was filed due to a clerical error, but after that was resolved, a second lawsuit was filed, which makes obvious the intent of these claims. ?Please refer all questions regarding this matter to this address. ? We hope to resolve this out of court, but if need be, will quickly prove our case legally in the court room. ?
crazyfool
Headliner

You dig what i'm saying?

« Reply #635 on: March 06, 2006, 08:46:41 PM »

This whole episode is like watching two of your friends go throught a divorce. ?

If any of this is true, yes

12/6/02
5/12/06
5/14/06
11/10/06
4/9/16
6/26/16
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #636 on: March 06, 2006, 08:48:48 PM »

This statement is from Axl about the countersuit and previous examples of this type of behavior from S&D. The previous statement was made by Weitzman in response to the charges of fraud and theft (yes the allegation is theft). Weitzman clearly explained what happened and , yes, did take  a punch or two at the dynamic duo.

So you do understand that its the second official Axl Rose statement.  He has responded once already to their legal action.  Now hes explaining (through his attorney, like last time) his own lawsuit.  But its certainly misleading to pretend Axl has been getting beaten up without response. 

Something tells me you surely wouldnt have been as accepting of a public press release accompanying Slash and Duffs lawsuit, considering you supported boycotting their album for what you assumed (with no evidence) was a lawsuit staged for publicity.  So Im certainly not surprised by your position.  And they (Slash and Duff) really didnt exploit the case - through press releases or even through interviews...proving that these things can be handled without resorting to public statements.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 08:54:01 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #637 on: March 06, 2006, 08:51:08 PM »

Im glad to see Axl take the offensive, for years the ex-gnr members been sour always talking shit on Axl. ?Axl always kept his cool, he may have his own issues he deals with, but he always took the higher road when it comes to dealing with ex members. ?Another thing is, Axl is doing his talking through lawyers, the mistake slash and duff are doing is commenting themselves and that doesnt look good for something thats going to go to court. ?

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #638 on: March 06, 2006, 08:52:52 PM »

No kidding, and here is how a responsible client and lawyer should respond.  Again, it's not the claim, it's the way this was handled--like a frickin two year old.  Whoever is getting paid to help Axl must be a con-artist.  It's sad, and it's very sad that the die hards here are about as out of touch with reality, as those loyalists inside Hitler's bunker during May, 1945.

Here you go smarty pants:

We are filing a countersuit, against false claims, that Axl Rose was not involved in the creation of the involved songs.  We regret filing this motion, but had no choice in lieu of two illegitimate claims against our client.  We, feel that the original lawsuit, was filed due to a clerical error, but after that was resolved, a second lawsuit was filed, which makes obvious the intent of these claims.  Please refer all questions regarding this matter to this address.   We hope to resolve this out of court, but if need be, will quickly prove our case legally in the court room. 

It was very sad to read the details of the second filing in which Axl was accused of fraud and, through a series of transactions, funnelling S&D's royalties to his own bank account.  I was floored by it.

Honestly, at this point, a statement like this doesn't surprise me. I guess we need some new exteneded lyrics to IRS

btw, this is an eerie coincidence:

W. Axl Rose, on Friday March 3, 2006 responded to one of Saul "Slash" Hudson's baseless lawsuits by filing a counterclaim asking the Federal Court to confirm his ownership of his own creative works.

and the lyric:

Gonna make this a federal case
Gonna wave it right down in your face
Read it daily with your morning news
With a cheap hangover, and the headlines true now

Does anyone now believe that IRS Is not about our dynamic, litigious friends?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 09:59:15 PM by killingvector » Logged

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #639 on: March 06, 2006, 08:56:06 PM »

and the lyric:

Gonna make this a federal case
Gonna wave it right down in your face
Read it daily with your morning news
With a cheap hangover, and the headlines true now

Does anyone now believe that IRS Is not about our dynamic, litigious friends?

A neat observation...but doesnt the song date back to 2000?  And it was leaked in 2003...The lawsuits came about in 2004.

I hope that some of the lyrics on the album do allude to the old band...makes it more interesting to me.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: