Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:30:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl - Legal Press Release
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl - Legal Press Release  (Read 137846 times)
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #420 on: March 06, 2006, 05:12:37 PM »

they're all acting like childish goofs. i can see Axl not wanting his music to be used in Reebok commercials, but i can also see Slash & Duff wanting to have some degree of say so as to how songs they helped create are used. These guys ALL need to grow the fuck up! ?They all deserve each other.
Bad_Apple
Rocker

Oh my distorted smile

« Reply #421 on: March 06, 2006, 05:15:39 PM »

I find it hard to believe anyone can go anywhere at 5:30am without being either drunk or stoned...

Knowing the hours that Axl keeps, I would imagine that this is when he would be most approachible.

True...Axl wakes up when we kids go to bed. ?But it is odd that they even mention that Slash appeared to be sober (which sort of indicates that normally one would assume he isn't sober). ?And in my opinion, he doesn't appear high/drunk in interviews/in person,...(although yeah, the guy still likes to drink and what not...but that's his personal choice)...

overall, I find this all very odd that they are really dragging out the dirt...seems a bit harsh....but at the same time I am intrigued and wanna know more about their internal issues (hehe....guilty pleasure)....it's too bad things turned out this way, but it's like a marriage...and then the divorce can really bring out the ugly side of ppl...and in the case of Axl and Slash, they were such creative forces w/ strong opinions that they obviously clashed....add on top of that drugs/$$/pressure.....c'est la vie Wink

"in a world he did not create, he will go through it as if it were his own making; half man, half beast, I don't know what it is, but its weird and its pissed off and it calls itself Slash"
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #422 on: March 06, 2006, 05:17:03 PM »

This will not delay the new album - quite the opposite - tying up these loose ends allows us to get on with it

Looks familiar:

"In the meantime rather than dwelling on the negative, Guns will be moving forward and surprisingly (without giving away any details) this unfortunate set of circumstances may have given us the opportunity to take our recording that one extra step further. Regardless we hope to announce a release date within the next few months."

Lets hope its not another 2 years.

LOL. True.

If the tour dates get canned, I would agree with you, but I think this is probably the run up to the release. Hence, the decision by Axl to release this statement.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #423 on: March 06, 2006, 05:17:21 PM »

They sued him for something that Axl's side says was a clerical error

But didnt they release a statement concerning this a year ago?

Last August.

This press release uses that lawsuit as an example....

As an example the Federal lawsuit Hudson and McKagan filed was based on a faulty premise from the start. What Hudson and McKagan attempted to portray as egregious misconduct by Axl was in fact -- as Slash and Duff have learned -- nothing more than a clerical error committed by ASCAP.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #424 on: March 06, 2006, 05:18:52 PM »

They sued him for something that Axl's side says was a clerical error

But didnt they release a statement concerning this a year ago?

Last August.

This press release uses that lawsuit as an example....

As an example the Federal lawsuit Hudson and McKagan filed was based on a faulty premise from the start. What Hudson and McKagan attempted to portray as egregious misconduct by Axl was in fact -- as Slash and Duff have learned -- nothing more than a clerical error committed by ASCAP.

/jarmo

Last August?  Where'd the time go? Tongue
axe
Rocker

« Reply #425 on: March 06, 2006, 05:19:47 PM »

But it is odd that they even mention that Slash appeared to be sober (which sort of indicates that normally one would assume he isn't sober). ?And in my opinion, he doesn't appear high/drunk in interviews/in person,...(although yeah, the guy still likes to drink and what not...but that's his personal choice)...

I think they're only trying to say that what Slash was saying at the time wasn't drunk talk.
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #426 on: March 06, 2006, 05:21:49 PM »

after so many leaks and new tour dates its sad that this is what we are discussing Sad
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #427 on: March 06, 2006, 05:23:11 PM »

W. Axl Rose, on Friday March 3, 2006 responded to one of Saul "Slash" Hudson's baseless lawsuits by filing a counterclaim asking the Federal Court to confirm his ownership of his own creative works.

So the purpose of the statement was to announce a counterclaim filed on Friday, March 3. This is not necessarily in itself a reaction to S&D's two suits.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #428 on: March 06, 2006, 05:23:33 PM »

But it is odd that they even mention that Slash appeared to be sober (which sort of indicates that normally one would assume he isn't sober).  And in my opinion, he doesn't appear high/drunk in interviews/in person,...(although yeah, the guy still likes to drink and what not...but that's his personal choice)...

I think they're only trying to say that what Slash was saying at the time wasn't drunk talk.

That's what I thought as well. Looking forward to Slash's (and the rest of VR's) comments on all this! Wink

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #429 on: March 06, 2006, 05:23:39 PM »

after so many leaks and new tour dates its sad that this is what we are discussing Sad

Yeah, but this is the only Axl's words since... well Grin

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #430 on: March 06, 2006, 05:25:34 PM »

Hey ?for all the bashing here about Slash all I can say is at least the guy has released music for his fans. And VR for that matter.

Fuck Axl, he hasn't done shit in 15 years. And let me tell you something, this album isn't coming out this fucking year!! The guy was right who posted "Do you think this is what Axl meant by 'The people will hear the music this year'" ?It ain't coming. He's not going to sellout Europe, fans won't recognize the new songs, and he'll throw a hissy fit & disappear until he's 50.

Axl, the new Syd Barrett. Ironic how someone asked what does Pink Floyd have to do with Guns N Roses.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 05:27:32 PM by pasnow » Logged
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #431 on: March 06, 2006, 05:26:42 PM »

This is bogus surely - its libelous from beginning to end, a child could sue successfully for the totally unsupportable things Axl says....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #432 on: March 06, 2006, 05:27:15 PM »

"A response from Merck

==========================================

To be clear this is a counter claim and a result of them suing Axl not just once but twice.

When information is not provided everyone complains yet when detailed information is offered up there are a large number of people who try to second guess it.

This will not delay the new album - quite the opposite - tying up these loose ends allows us to get on with it"

my problem with this isn't that we are getting info (which is cool) its just that this isn't the info we wanted!?!?!?!  I totally forgot about this law suit.  While I'm sure its a much bigger deal to Axl then it is to me, I don't think they should act like THIS is the news we have been waiting for.....I'm sure most of us forgot about this law suit and even more of us probably thought the hatchet had been buried with the recent comments from Slash AND Axl.....

That being said, its still really interesting to hear - especially as an offical statement.  I really question the timing of it all, but I can kinda understand Axl firing back....you can only get shit on so many times before you stick up for yourself.  But I don't know....I still can't see Slash communicating all those negative things about Duff and the "war".  Maybe the timing of it is just to get people fired up, for the old Axl, controversy magnet Axl to rear his head.  Lets admit it, those of us who love him, myself included, do love how the bad ass side of him.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #433 on: March 06, 2006, 05:27:28 PM »

he hasn't done shit in 15? what do you think he's been doing? sitting on his ass and smoking pot?
no, he produced a record, of which i think is going to be phenomenal. slash and the vr jerks are going to cry likle babies when they here it. so don't say axl hastnt done shit, because that's stupid

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #434 on: March 06, 2006, 05:29:29 PM »

he hasn't done shit in 15? what do you think he's been doing? sitting on his ass and smoking pot?
no, he produced a record, of which i think is going to be phenomenal. slash and the vr jerks are going to cry likle babies when they here it. so don't say axl hastnt done shit, because that's stupid

It's stupid how you respond to the other members who helped build GnR so Axl can have this chance for a return as "slash and the vr jerks".

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #435 on: March 06, 2006, 05:30:21 PM »

what do you think he's been doing? sitting on his ass and smoking pot?
no, he produced a record

Correction - he's producing a record.

"Produced" implies the album is complete.

It is not.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #436 on: March 06, 2006, 05:32:05 PM »

"it's all about the he-said she-said bull shit"

both sides are acting lame, IMO.

mysteron - thanks for the update!

and remember, in a public forum you are gonna have plenty of haters. so i wouldn't take the negative stuff seriously. people just like to stir the pot.

there's plenty of people who appreciate the updates and communication and are REALLY psyched about all that is going on, but don't feel the need to post. ?

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #437 on: March 06, 2006, 05:32:27 PM »

It's stupid how you respond to the other members who helped build GnR so Axl can have this chance for a return as "slash and the vr jerks".

dont get me wrong, i loved them for what they have done, but what happened after that was just pure disappointment, especially from matt,who has been hired and given the gift to be in the best band in the world...
i dont care about them anymore... i only care about GNR

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #438 on: March 06, 2006, 05:32:57 PM »

I don't know why some of you people even try to defend slash, duff or any of the ex gunners for that matter. It's completely useless 85% of this forum is made up of people who start to drool when they hear the name Axl, some of them are just like those little tweens you see at Britney spears concerts. I think it's funny how naive some of you axl worshppers are hihi
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 05:36:08 PM by Grouse » Logged
brownstone658
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #439 on: March 06, 2006, 05:34:31 PM »

they're all acting like childish goofs. i can see Axl not wanting his music to be used in Reebok commercials, but i can also see Slash & Duff wanting to have some degree of say so as to how songs they helped create are used. These guys ALL need to grow the fuck up! ?They all deserve each other.

Guns N' Roses GROW UP!!!!!?Huh??

THEY WOULDN'T BE GN'R ANYMORE!!!!

WHAT DID YOU ALL EXPECT FROM AXL?Huh THE MAN LOVES CONTROVERSY!!!

IT'S JUST LIKE OLD TIMES!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: