Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:50:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl - Legal Press Release
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl - Legal Press Release  (Read 137918 times)
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #260 on: March 06, 2006, 03:22:28 PM »

So are you implying that Slash and Duff intentionally "made available" the brief or not? 

I didn't say one way or another. The brief was picked up by the mainstream media. Make your own conclusions.

Selective memory I guess?

Keep it clean, my friend. No need for this type of response.

"Slash and Duff have an unfortunate pattern over the past few years of filing sensational but baseless lawsuits for the purpose of generating anti-Axl propaganda. It is clear that Slash and Duff are looking for another opportunity to spread untruths about Axl in an effort to hurt his reputation and to alienate his fans while at the same time creating a profile for themselves.

There is a substantial difference between what S&D's lawyer accused Axl  and what Weitzman accused S&D. But point taken.

Like I said, if you could point me to this attorney reading Id appreciate it because Im having a hard time finding it.

The MTV article is proof enough. The allegation was that Axl committed fraud and redirected monies into his own account. Fraud and theft. 

Is it your position that Axl should not have released this statement? I don't see a redundancy here.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #261 on: March 06, 2006, 03:25:55 PM »

this is the only one i can find with any comment by slash or duff's lawyers aside from their legal brief:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1437

"When the ASCAP check didn't come, we called and they looked into it," McKagan's lawyer, Glen Miskel, said. "We didn't know all the facts at first."

where does it say "theif" and "defrauder"

"Rose's actions were malicious, fraudulent and oppressive, and undertaken in conscious disregard of [Slash and Duff's] property rights," the lawsuit reads. They're seeking damages for fraud, copyright infringement and breach of fiduciary duty, among other things.

He accused Axl of committing fraud, which is a felony. As Eva pointed out, there is now grounds for a countersuit since Axl was publicly accused of committing a crime that he was never charged.

I don't see 'thief' either; I stand corrected on that point but it was very obvious from the full statement that S&D were accusing Axl of re-directing their royalties into his bank account.

sorry if i'm nitpicking, but you originally stated that "Their lawyer made a statement after the ASCAP lawsuit was filed. He called Axl a thief and defrauder. "

This isn't true. the lawsuit itself alleged that axl was essentially a thief and a defrauder, but there was no statement made by any lawyer after the fact saying this.

(edit: i just want to emphasize that you pointed out a quote FROM THE LAWSUIT. Not from a statement by a lawyer to the press after the lawsuit.)

in fact, they issued no press releases themselves, and did very little to actually bring attention to this case.

i think axl's claims in this latest press release are ridiculous. Let's look at what it says:

"Besides the lawsuits filed against Axl Rose, claiming, among other things, that Axl does not own the copyright in the songs that Axl co-authored with his former Guns N' Roses band mates, Slash has continually made negative and malicious statements about Axl in order to garner publicity for himself."

OK, so axl is saying that BESIDES the lawsuit, slash has continually made negative remarks about axl. Can anyone point these out!?!?!!!

But wait, there's more, axl's lawyer actually POINTS OUT ONE OF THESE NEGATIVE REMARKS!!:

"As an example the Federal lawsuit Hudson and McKagan filed was based on a faulty premise from the start."

Um, wait a minute. As an example of how slash has made negative remarks about axl aside from the lawsuit, they point out.... what slash said in the lawsuit?!!!

That makes no sense. This press release is horribly written and does not portray axl in a positive light- it makes him seem paranoid.

This was not a smart move unfortunately.

Of course, it happens just as soon as i was getting my hopes up for CD!!! ARG....
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 03:29:47 PM by AxlGunner » Logged

now you know me better
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #262 on: March 06, 2006, 03:26:27 PM »

Like I said, if you could point me to this attorney reading Id appreciate it because Im having a hard time finding it.
I'm not sure but this one might help.

About the second of the two suits Slash and Duff filed against Axl.
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?PHPSESSID=d704fafbef5ec6bb1ac0ebaf558f74fc&topic=22306.0
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #263 on: March 06, 2006, 03:27:59 PM »

In October of 2005 Slash made an unannounced 5:30 AM visit to Axl Rose?s house. Not appearing to be under the influence, Slash came to inform Axl that: ?Duff was spineless,? ?Scott was a fraud,? that he ?hates Matt Sorum? and that in this ongoing war, contest or whatever anyone wants to call it that Slash has waged against Axl for the better part of 20 years, that Axl has proven himself ?the stronger.? Based on his conduct in showing up at Rose's home, Axl was hopeful that Slash would live up to his pronouncements that he wanted to end the war and move on with life. Unfortunately that did not prove to be the case.

Somebody is lying some where. 
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #264 on: March 06, 2006, 03:28:19 PM »

Axl regrets having to spend time and energy on these distractions but he has a responsibility to protect the Guns N? Roses legacy

I wish Axl was as interested in protecting Guns Legacy by releasing outstanding albums as he is litigating it. I guess when you have no desire to release an album though it is easier to dive into this stuff so at least you have an excuse when the questions fly about why we still have no music to listen to.

haha, your funny, axl obviously has two albums worth of material. Some demo's leaked remember? He just chooses to work on it longer so that when he releases it (one day..........far faaaaar away) we can enjoy it the way he meaned. Not because we desperately want to listen to it.

Exactly, as is explained in the press release:

He has fought to avoid the release of material that does not live up to the highest of standards demanded by the band?s history and it?s followers.

^ That's referring to us, and he is making sure we don't get an album where everyone's reponse is "Axl's been working on THIS?"

bingo

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
DaNutz
Headliner

Seriously fuck off

« Reply #265 on: March 06, 2006, 03:28:25 PM »

Its clear what happened.....

Slash went to Axls house in secrecy to not upset his bandmates.

Then Slash claims he heard CD was great thru a mutual friend, etc..When the reality is, he heard it himself.

Evidently Slash claimed he'd drop the lawsuits, which never happened.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #266 on: March 06, 2006, 03:28:54 PM »

The following press release, which was sent earlier, is the official response from W. Axl Rose in regards to the lawsuits filed by Saul "Slash" Hudson and Michael "Duff" McKagan. A version of this release was also sent out over the Business Wire through the Entertainment Wire National with Trades, but was edited and did not contain all of the information intended. The attached release is the version that should be used in all reporting of Mr. Rose's reply to the lawsuits and all inquiries about this discrepancy should be directed to Mr. Howard Weitzman, Esq.

---

W. Axl Rose, on Friday March 3, 2006 responded to one of Saul "Slash" Hudson's baseless lawsuits by filing a counterclaim asking the Federal Court to confirm his ownership of his own creative works. Slash and Michael ?Duff? McKagan had previously filed cases both in Federal Court and in the Los Angeles Superior Court making numerous false allegations about Axl. Mr. Rose believes that once apprised of the true facts the Judge or Jury deciding these lawsuits will rule in Axl?s favor on every issue before them.

More surprising to Axl are recent media reports that Slash (Saul Hudson) is claiming that he has always been supportive of Axl Rose and the new Guns N' Roses. Slash's actions in recent years have in fact been anything but supportive. Besides the lawsuits filed against Axl Rose, claiming, among other things, that Axl does not own the copyright in the songs that Axl co-authored with his former Guns N' Roses band mates, Slash has continually made negative and malicious statements about Axl in order to garner publicity for himself.

As an example the Federal lawsuit Hudson and McKagan filed was based on a faulty premise from the start. What Hudson and McKagan attempted to portray as egregious misconduct by Axl was in fact -- as Slash and Duff have learned -- nothing more than a clerical error committed by ASCAP. Had Slash and Duff or their representatives bothered to pick up the phone the clerical error could have been easily sorted out without the need for filing an utterly baseless lawsuit which one can only assume had been filed for the purposes of self-publicity at Axl?s expense.

The lawsuit also attacks Axl?s integrity as Slash and Duff, in a vindictive attempt to aggrandize their own stature, re-write history through false statements, which have been repeated by the media. Their attacks on Axl stand in sharp contrast to Rose?s conduct. Axl has at all times worked diligently to maintain the artistic integrity of the band by choosing with great care which properties to license Guns N? Roses songs to and refusing to participate in what he believed were potentially embarrassing projects. He has fought to avoid the release of material that does not live up to the highest of standards demanded by the band?s history and it?s followers. Axl chose not to respond through the media while taking the high road in the face of Slash and Duff?s attacks. Hudson and McKagan, by contrast, have told ever changing - and false - stories regarding the formation of the band and it?s history and believe that the band?s catalogue should be exploited without careful consideration - for the Guns N? Roses brand and their loyal audience - or Axl?s input as if it were fast food by anyone willing to pay for it.

For over 10 years Slash, a consummate press, photo and media opportunist and manipulator, has attacked Axl Rose on a number of levels. Slash?s actions whether in or out of Gun's N' Roses have been a complete betrayal across the board of his alleged friendship and business relationship with Axl and the so called brotherhood and band loyalties that are supposed to have existed. Instead Slash has publicly attempted, by soliciting public and media support, to take credit for something that was not his or anyone else's to take, notwithstanding that Slash played a major part in the success of the band as Axl has continually acknowledged.

In October of 2005 Slash made an unannounced 5:30 AM visit to Axl Rose?s house. Not appearing to be under the influence, Slash came to inform Axl that: ?Duff was spineless,? ?Scott was a fraud,? that he ?hates Matt Sorum? and that in this ongoing war, contest or whatever anyone wants to call it that Slash has waged against Axl for the better part of 20 years, that Axl has proven himself ?the stronger.? Based on his conduct in showing up at Rose's home, Axl was hopeful that Slash would live up to his pronouncements that he wanted to end the war and move on with life. Unfortunately that did not prove to be the case.

Mr. Rose's attorney Howard Weitzman commented, "Axl regrets having to spend time and energy on these distractions but he has a responsibility to protect the Guns N? Roses legacy and expose the truth. Axl believes he has been left with no alternative but to respond to these lawsuits. It would have been Axl?s preference to resolve disputes with Slash and Duff in private. The courthouse is not his choice of forum. However, Axl could no longer sit quietly and allow the continuing dissemination of falsehoods and half-truths by his former band-mates.?

If there are further queries regarding this statement, please contact:

Mr. Howard Weitzman, Esq

(310) 201-7450 Direct

Pay attention to the following: "the official response from W. Axl Rose in regards to the lawsuits filed by Saul "Slash" Hudson and Michael "Duff" McKagan."

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #267 on: March 06, 2006, 03:29:06 PM »

I'm not sure but this one might help.

About the second of the two suits Slash and Duff filed against Axl.
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?PHPSESSID=d704fafbef5ec6bb1ac0ebaf558f74fc&topic=22306.0

Thanks I was looking for that.

This isn't true. the lawsuit itself alleged that axl was essentially a thief and a defrauder, but there was no statement made by any lawyer after the fact saying this.

I do see what you are saying. Let me check over the previous thread and make sure that I am not confusing the two.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
McDuff
« Reply #268 on: March 06, 2006, 03:29:29 PM »

I think this is all bullshit,I'm not saying that it isn't true,I'm just saying it's bullshit because there was no need to say those things about Slash.I don't really give a shit about this so called press release,if Axl is taking the"high road"this is a funny way of showing it yes
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #269 on: March 06, 2006, 03:31:07 PM »

Somebody is lying somewhere.  Either this is bullshit which I hope it is or Axl lied when he said that he hasn't talked to Slash in ten years. 
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #270 on: March 06, 2006, 03:31:33 PM »

The following press release, which was sent earlier, is the official response from W. Axl Rose in regards to the lawsuits filed by Saul "Slash" Hudson and Michael "Duff" McKagan. A version of this release was also sent out over the Business Wire through the Entertainment Wire National with Trades, but was edited and did not contain all of the information intended. The attached release is the version that should be used in all reporting of Mr. Rose's reply to the lawsuits and all inquiries about this discrepancy should be directed to Mr. Howard Weitzman, Esq.

Pay attention to the following: "the official response from W. Axl Rose in regards to the lawsuits filed by Saul "Slash" Hudson and Michael "Duff" McKagan."

/jarmo

so axl is refering to every lawsuit over the last.........10 years Slash and Duff filed against axl?

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #271 on: March 06, 2006, 03:33:25 PM »

leaked, made available....what's the difference? Yes, the smokinggun brief is exactly to what I am referring. Every major news organization picked up the story.

So are you implying that Slash and Duff intentionally "made available" the brief or not??

Weitzman made a statement which explained what occurred; there was an error at ASCAP and all S&D had to do was check it out themselves. As far as I remember, he didn't characterize S&D? at all.

Selective memory I guess?

From the statement:

"Slash and Duff have an unfortunate pattern over the past few years of filing sensational but baseless lawsuits for the purpose of generating anti-Axl propaganda. It is clear that Slash and Duff are looking for another opportunity to spread untruths about Axl in an effort to hurt his reputation and to alienate his fans while at the same time creating a profile for themselves.

"Contrary to allegations in the lawsuit, Axl has never denied that others made substantial contributions towards the success of Guns N' Roses, but there is little doubt as to who was the creative catalyst behind the group's success."

S&D's attorney read a statement which followed the second filing that characterized Axl. Today was Axl's response through Weitzman to both the original lawsuit and his characterization by S&D that he was a thief.

The statement you quoted was from a press release on August 29, 2005 from Howard Weitzman, basically, commenting on the same issue he is commenting on with this press release. ?I remember reading the same statement by Howard in which I emailed him the following rant:

As an FYI, Axl is doing an excellent job all by his lonesome self of hurting his reputation and alienating fans by his constant delays of the forthcoming "Chinese Democracy" album that has been promised to fans since last century. ?Don't go blaming Duff
and Slash for making poor Axl look bad. ?He's done that well enough on his own. ?Sorry to lash out at you Howard, but your response is almost as week as Merck's statement that "2005 will be the year of GnR"

And his response:

Read your note. ?Appreciate your comments. ?I did not take your note as lashing out at me. ?Everyone has a right to their opinion and as I get more involved in the G n' R world I'm sure I'll receive commentary from a number of sources with differing
points of view. ?Thanks,
Howard

Howard Weitzman, Esq.
Greenberg Glusker Fields Claman Machingter &
Kinsella
1900 Avenue of the Stars
21st Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90067

DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #272 on: March 06, 2006, 03:34:23 PM »

This is just Axl trying to fuck with Velvet Revolver.

Slash has continually made negative and malicious statements about Axl in order to garner publicity for himself.

Where are these magical statements they speak of?

That's right - they don't exist.
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #273 on: March 06, 2006, 03:34:36 PM »

Certainly not the press release I was hoping for. GNR have recieved the best free publicity they could have ever dreamed of in the last month but yet they still appear to fail to capitalize on this. Not only does this statement kill a lot of hype surrounding the band but to me it seems like commercial suicide. GNR will be playing to a lot of non Axl fans this summer at some of these festivals where a lot of the people there are unsure of the new GNR, Axl, and feel (rightly or wrongly) that it is not GNR without Slash. These leaks have created a buzz in the music world and people who may have previously disliked Axl may have changed there minds after hearing the leaks. No chance now! What a great way to lose this fragile interest, by bashing the 1 guy these people were siding with anyway. Apart from us the general belief from music fans is Axl is an ass, he destroyed GNR by forcing Slash out and he can't write an album without Slash. Axl had a great opportunity to try and alter this opinion in the next 6 months but I don't think that's gonna happen now sadly.

Nobody's mentioned this on the official VR forum yet, wonder what the reaction will be like on there....hmmm hihi ?

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
GunsLova
Rocker

VR? LMAO

« Reply #274 on: March 06, 2006, 03:35:29 PM »

How come nobody has mentioned VR dressing up as Nu-GNR for Halloween. IF thats not making a Mockery of Axl then what is?  confused
Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #275 on: March 06, 2006, 03:35:55 PM »

Where does it say they spoke? ?It only states that Slash turned up to say some things, not that they met, or spoke. ?he could have said these things through an intermediatory at Axl's home, through an intercom to Axl's housekeeper or anything. ?This statement DOES NOT contradict with Axl saying he hasn't spoken to Slash for 10 years. ?Axl says that he thought Slash wanted to "end the war" - "based on this conduct" not what he said face to face.
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #276 on: March 06, 2006, 03:37:34 PM »

How come nobody has mentioned VR dressing up as Nu-GNR for Halloween. IF thats not making a Mockery of Axl then what is?? confused

Slash and Scott did, nobody else did.

And when your guitarist wears a KFC bucket on his head and speaks through sock puppets, that's just begging to be made fun of.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #277 on: March 06, 2006, 03:38:49 PM »

And when your guitarist wears a KFC bucket on his head and speaks through sock puppets, that's just begging to be made fun of.
And when that same guy with a Bucket and puppets is playing in the band you used to be in....well lol

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #278 on: March 06, 2006, 03:38:54 PM »

I didn't say one way or another. The brief was picked up by the mainstream media. Make your own conclusions.

No, you didnt..."imply" is the operative word here.  If youre implying that they intentionally made it available (which is the conclusion Ive made) then Im curious to know what your basis is.

The MTV article is proof enough. The allegation was that Axl committed fraud and redirected monies into his own account. Fraud and theft. 

Correct me if Im wrong, but the MTV article quotes the actual lawsuit.  I still havent had any success in finding a press release or reports of an "attorney reading."

Is it your position that Axl should not have released this statement?

I dont see why it was necessary.  We know that such lawsuits and their contents are leaked anyway, a press release seems redundant in itself.  The Slash paragraph seems completely irrelevant and may serve the same purpose Weizman himself complained about in statement #1: "It is clear that Slash and Duff are looking for another opportunity to spread untruths about Axl in an effort to hurt his reputation and to alienate his fans while at the same time creating a profile for themselves." 

Ill say it again: Axl can state his case in court, and if the law is on his side he will prevail.  This statement reads like a bitter public temper tantrum, especially for a guy so determined to take the high road.
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #279 on: March 06, 2006, 03:39:21 PM »

I'm wondering if Axl and Slash were in the process of talking since the October meeting. ?Given what is stated in the press release, it sounds like Slash has done or said something in the last week or so to destroy the new trust that Axl had placed with him.

I really don't think we've heard the whole story. ?Probably never will. ?I only hope that we will hear something in regards to CD and the European dates. ?Knowing the GNR world as I do, I'm afraid this is gonna be the last we hear for months Sad ?nervous

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: