Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 03:08:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl - Legal Press Release
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl - Legal Press Release  (Read 124264 times)
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #840 on: March 07, 2006, 07:05:02 AM »

Who does Axl think he is talking to? Sending this out on the business wire . . . ? Do you think the President of GE is talking about this in the boardroom. There is no public that cares . . . no body except us idiots cares.

Next time, Axl . . . post your message on HTGH and don't waste other peoples fax machine paper."

That is beautiful.... hihi...Slash and Duff may have not gotten their checks, but Axl needs to go the mailbox and then the bank so that reality check can clear hihi

It's sad really...sadly humorous Cry hihi
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #841 on: March 07, 2006, 07:10:14 AM »

D I don't know why you continually try to make a point that has been clear 400 posts ago.. SOmetimes you have to just say you know what you mean and others do too.. You'll always have the few that willnot just understand and leave it a that.. You end up becoming some slash lover or axl hater instead of someone just giving an honest opinion..

Then on the other side you have people that say well I only like 2 or 3 songs off contraband, the guitar work stunk, scott stinks the lyrics sucks and so on, YET you say soemthing negative about the new ngr songs (even about one part of a song/s) you are again one with no clue of what you are talking about, or you are just pissed cause slash isn't there, or you have something against axl... This is a daily occurance

The people who dislike vr are not axl lovers , they are just giving honest opinions.. The people who like vr along with new gnr that dislike some of the demos or feel they are lacking in some ways are just bashing hating slash lovers hihi

I really could not agree more beer
The Bedouin
Rocker

only god can judge me

« Reply #842 on: March 07, 2006, 07:57:34 AM »

after reading this whole thread, im going to watch the Philly 1991 show again....just to keep the memory of the good ol' days alive
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #843 on: March 07, 2006, 08:06:28 AM »

All that Axl told in this press release is exactly true! And Axl doesn't contradict himself, he hasn't spoken to Slash for 10 years rant

I know someone who lives in LA and met Beta who told her that Slash visited Axl's house sometime in October. He stopped at the gates and tried to get in. He phoned Axl: 'Hey man, I'm fuckin' Slash, you know, the guy who is a liar, that's what I am. Anyway, now I'm telling the truth. Scott is a fraud. Duff doesn't have a spine or pancreas, whatever. And I hate every albatros even if it plays drums. No, I'm not drunk, and I didn't have a fix... You're so strong I know you had some kickbox lessons...Man, that's great,.. Can I rejoin your band? Please.... I will wear a bucket if it's needed....'. Axl didn't respond. Slash wanted to be sure so he wrote down everything and put it to Axl's letter box. Two months later Perla sent their Christmas card, just like in every year, but motherfucker Slash didn't sign that. Axl got pissed off. He never liked animosity.

That's how it happened.

Trust me.? peace

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
vernset
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #844 on: March 07, 2006, 08:19:04 AM »

All that Axl told in this press release is exactly true! And Axl doesn't contradict himself, he hasn't spoken to Slash for 10 years rant

I know someone who lives in LA and met Beta who told her that Slash visited Axl's house sometime in October. He stopped at the gates and tried to get in. He phoned Axl: 'Hey man, I'm fuckin' Slash, you know, the guy who is a liar, that's what I am. Anyway, now I'm telling the truth. Scott is a fraud. Duff doesn't have a spine or pancreas, whatever. And I hate every albatros even if it plays drums. No, I'm not drunk, and I didn't have a fix... You're so strong I know you had some kickbox lessons...Man, that's great,.. Can I rejoin your band? Please.... I will wear a bucket if it's needed....'. Axl didn't respond. Slash wanted to be sure so he wrote down everything and put it to Axl's letter box. Two months later Perla sent their Christmas card, just like in every year, but motherfucker Slash didn't sign that. Axl got pissed off. He never liked animosity.

That's how it happened.

Trust me.? peace

Well, If we trust you then we have to think that Axl is retarded for taking those words seriously.  rofl hihi ok
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #845 on: March 07, 2006, 08:25:55 AM »

I wonder if this spells the end of seeing Axl in public again, it wouldn't surprise me if we don't see anything of him until RIR, if they show up that is.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Eternal Flaming Sword of Death...
Rocker

What happened?

« Reply #846 on: March 07, 2006, 08:31:19 AM »

as funny as it is, I have to side with Axl on this one. H e has not been a media whore, and has pretty much kept to him self. This should be handled privately, and I feel that in this one, Slash and Duff are allowing themselves to be puppets.

Rock on, or Rock off!!

Behold, the evil that men do...
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #847 on: March 07, 2006, 08:37:40 AM »

They should settle this legal matter on a PPV celebrity deathmatch survivor fight  hihi hihi
Velvet Forever
Headliner

GNR Here Today...I hope someday in Hell...

« Reply #848 on: March 07, 2006, 08:39:53 AM »

That's how it happened.

Trust me.  peace

If slash is actually like that , we were wrong for about 20 years , he isn't as cool as we can think he is. Mhhh I don't know , i can't believe in that , if it's true , I think i'm gonna kill myself!
VRslash
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #849 on: March 07, 2006, 08:43:19 AM »

wow is this thread still open. everyone should just wait for a official responce. there are two versions of the press release out. one with the 5am crap about slash. and one with out it. the whole thing sound stupid to me. axl can not go anywhere with this cause there is such thing as freedom of speech. slash can say anything he wants. thats why i think this is BS.

babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #850 on: March 07, 2006, 08:46:06 AM »

not happy to read that statement at all. ?for gods sake - this is just putting more stakes through old gnr / possibly new gnr/ vr etc. ?i know the legal stuff has to be resolved at some point and we still dont probably know the full story of the events. ?but the comments that slash apparently made - come on come on. stop being cvnts - all of you! ?YA HEAR! ?Just release the music and we wont be forced to hang onto every word of a law suit statement.

jabba2
VIP

« Reply #851 on: March 07, 2006, 09:15:49 AM »

Its possible that after kind words were spoken about one another Axl faxed Slash a document asking to cancel the lawsuits, then Slash declined, and Axl comes up with the scathing press release and counter lawsuit. The odds are probably at least 50-50 of this happening.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 09:18:01 AM by jabba2 » Logged
Z
« Reply #852 on: March 07, 2006, 09:25:36 AM »

A day later as the dust settles......
...........many of us know how talented and brilliant Axl is and often place him on a god-like pedastal.

We forget that he is human and that this rift with his old bandmates probably affects him more than we can recognize.

So perhaps Merck's explantion that this will allow Axl & co. to move forward means more than we thought.

This may be a chapter in Axl's life that needed to be closed for him to focus his energy on his comeback which seems to be right around the corner.

It also may have been bothering him that many were seeking a Slash/Axl reunion.? Axl's statement squashes that.

Hopefully, the gnr camp ignores any response from the other side and HOPEFULLY we will hear of the pending single and cd release date...........

SOON
[/color][/b]
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #853 on: March 07, 2006, 09:29:16 AM »

So perhaps Merck's explantion that this will allow Axl & co. to move forward means more than we thought.

This may be a chapter in Axl's life that needed to be closed for him to focus his energy on his comeback which seems to be right around the corner.

It also may have been bothering him that many were seeking a Slash/Axl reunion.? Axl's statement squashes that.

Hopefully, the gnr camp ignores any response from the other side and HOPEFULLY we will hear of the pending single and cd release date...........

SOON
[/color][/b]

I was thinking more the opposite that Axl wants VR gone when he comes back. Dragging Scott into this mess hints strongly at the theory. He is upset over the lawsuits to write that press release. Kind of a "knock em out in one swoop" press release .
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 09:32:52 AM by jabba2 » Logged
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #854 on: March 07, 2006, 09:33:22 AM »

All I can say is, theres no such thing as bad publicity.....

That press release is a load of bollocks. As for all the 'Slash came round my house slagging off Duff etc' rubbish, who on here believes that?!!

Anyhow, he should know that Axl would start crying and chasing him off with a shotgun. Just like he did to Izzy all those years ago.

Get a grip Axl, and act like a grown up.

Slash and Duff have just improved themselves 100% in my eyes - they just want what theyre owed. As for Axl claiming that theyd ruin the GNR legacy by sticking songs on soundtracks - wake up man, you destroyed that legacy long, long ago. Surely even he can see that.

Dont get me wrong, Ill be at the front at Download tho. But a big spliff and rose tinted spectacles wont detract from the fact that the band in front of me isnt Guns N Roses.....

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
waxlrose1987
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #855 on: March 07, 2006, 09:41:01 AM »

Didnt Axl tell Rolling Stone last month that he hasnt talked to Slash in 10 years and that he still loves him...these statements are heresey...There is no way Axl and Slash had any meeting in October....I will belive it when i see it come out of Axls mouth or read an official interview....More reason to get Loder to INTERVIEW AXL NOW!
eNgIeS
Rocker

OHHHH RIGGGHHHTT

« Reply #856 on: March 07, 2006, 09:47:17 AM »

It's 5:30 Somewhere. Axl's house! hihi

hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi

excellent joke mate, im suprized no one else proped u for it
shaun
« Reply #857 on: March 07, 2006, 10:00:42 AM »

In October of 2005 Slash made an unannounced 5:30 AM visit to Axl Rose?s house. Not appearing to be under the influence, Slash came to inform Axl that: ?Duff was spineless,? ?Scott was a fraud,? that he ?hates Matt Sorum? and that in this ongoing war, contest or whatever anyone wants to call it that Slash has waged against Axl for the better part of 20 years, that Axl has proven himself ?the stronger.?

It's good to see Axl use some ammo and throw some shit back. Guess he dished some out to serve as a warning, should the likes of Duff and Slash pull anymore legal stunts. Maybe Axl has a whole lot more ammo where that came from.  hihi
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 10:07:44 AM by D0badog » Logged
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #858 on: March 07, 2006, 10:05:49 AM »

these statements are heresey..

these statements came from Axl's camp. Are you saying Axl heard tell of this?  from who? slash? rofl

Again, if I had a pending suit and received a sudden visit from the opponent at 5 o'clock in the morning, I'd record the whole conversation. over intercom/cam or whatever.

A lawyer would strongly recommend their client to do so.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #859 on: March 07, 2006, 10:11:15 AM »

still no one has said why would slash be there at 5 in the morning after ten years of silence between the two, axl said he was sober, it said he knocked his band mates, etc.. But this doesn't make any sence

1) why did he got there?? Wasn't jus to talk about duff scott or matt

2)why so early in the morning and why was he allowed to gain access so easily with all the bitterness over the years?

3) why does anyone believe this happened?? it's not like it was in axl's voice we heard this or some taping done by axl to bait slash into possibly saying something negative..

In the end I just want music, who really gives a fuck what these guys are saying.. Interviews are cool and all but when you have this many years of nothing let the music do some talking already..
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: