Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 06:37:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl - Legal Press Release
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl - Legal Press Release  (Read 124448 times)
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #820 on: March 07, 2006, 04:42:36 AM »

What's done is done. I meant Slash should see to it that he responds quickly for his band's sake. You dind't think I meant GNR when i said "as a band that communicates to its fans", did you?(KV)  hihi

Oh never.  GnR is like that girl in school who thinks she is better than anyone in her class; usually she dates some college dude.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #821 on: March 07, 2006, 04:48:55 AM »

so... any press is good press??

this release is completely shocking, espescially now. according to the NYC club-owner, Axl said that CD will prove who was the real driving force in GNR. maybe that is more his intention than we ever realized. this release sure isn't shy.

also, it says slash didn't appear under the influence... well then why would he do that?!? i mean sure maybe your arguing with your bandmates and you get wasted and its 530am and your missing Axl and good old days, then suddenly its all "Duff is SPINELESS!!! I HATE MATT!! You are the stronger!!"
but not under the influence? why would anyone, nevermind Slash do that?
(which isn't to say i don't believe it... i just can't understand it)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 04:50:45 AM by Skunk » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #822 on: March 07, 2006, 04:54:46 AM »

There are two ways to look at it from Slash's point of view.

U either answer it, deny it.

or u ignore it and shed no light or give it any kind of fuel by acting like its totally ridiculous thus not even meriting a comment.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
SADIS
« Reply #823 on: March 07, 2006, 04:55:45 AM »

Man, this really leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I was looking forward to the new album, especially since bot Slash and Axl seemed to be sort of cool with each other. Now this crap starts all over again and leaves the fanbase (or what's left of it) divided.

This doesn't make me wanna have the album more, it kinda makes me feel stupid for admiring and adoring a band and its bandmates for so long (past and present). I always loved Axl and Slash. I even looked forward to what Robin and Richard would do and show us. Duff seems a great guy. The only one I've always disliked was Dizzy, and that will never change cause he's "spineless".

But the whole GnR saga seems to be turning out to be a nasty divorce. And we're the kids in between. You wanna love both but just won't let you. They make us choose.

Whose fault it is and who started it first don't matter anymore at this point. They are both guilty. And I guess I will just cherish the great memories there are cause this band (new and old) will never be much fun anymore. Always that nasty taste and the tension.
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #824 on: March 07, 2006, 04:56:33 AM »

and does anyone here understand the law well enough to say if or what the consequences would be for Axl if the Slash/05 thing is untrue or can't be proven?

i don't know/understand.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #825 on: March 07, 2006, 04:57:49 AM »

There are two ways to look at it from Slash's point of view.

U either answer it, deny it.

or u ignore it and shed no light or give it any kind of fuel by acting like its totally ridiculous thus not even meriting a comment.

I think it depends on whether he was at Uncle Axl's house or not.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #826 on: March 07, 2006, 04:58:40 AM »

It's 4:30 am here right now.

very likely but I thought you were asking why is it hard for all sides to move on, especially in consideration of the fans.

Not really. Grin

Well, to be fair I kinda said that too. But my main point is that we're all here for the music, not the legal fights, and that fans are more interested in music than all of this, especially now with the new songs and new tour dates, when we're waiting for something official about that from the band.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #827 on: March 07, 2006, 04:59:46 AM »

very likely but I thought you were asking why is it hard for all sides to move on, especially in consideration of the fans.

Not really. Grin

Well, to be fair I kinda said that too. But my main point is that we're all here for the music, not the legal fights, and that fans are more interested in music than all of this, especially now with the new songs and new tour dates, when we're waiting for something about that from the band.

I agree with you.

March 28 though is going to be a hell of a fight, if that is still the day of the jury trial. I hope it all ends there.

Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #828 on: March 07, 2006, 05:01:37 AM »

Not really. Grin

Well, to be fair I kinda said that too. But my main point is that we're all here for the music, not the legal fights, and that fans are more interested in music than all of this, especially now with the new songs and new tour dates, when we're waiting for something official about that from the band.

yes yes, but I think it's like having a little stone in your shoe. You need to get rid of it first before having a proper walk? Axl's motives?

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #829 on: March 07, 2006, 05:09:33 AM »

Something that has been kinda overlooked here is:

IF this really happened and for the moment im gonna pretend it did, what else did they talk about?

We all know Slash didnt come to his house, say those things about fellow VR members and then get up and leave.

so what else was talked about?

that is something I am very interested in contemplating.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #830 on: March 07, 2006, 05:16:47 AM »

Something that has been kinda overlooked here is:

IF this really happened and for the moment im gonna pretend it did, what else did they talk about?

We all know Slash didnt come to his house, say those things about fellow VR members and then get up and leave.

so what else was talked about?

that is something I am very interested in contemplating.

D, it's a bit weird to say or assume it didn't happen. Fact is, we just weren't there were we? This is Axl's official press release. Something along those lines must have happend, otherwise Axl wouldn't mention it. Who knows what they've talked about, we won't know anytime soon unless Slash starts brabbling to get back at Axl's. And Axl let's a bigger cat out of the bag.

Just take the statement for what it is. Stuff just happened, what you believe or I believe, doesn't really matter does it? But writing this of as bullshit is a bit in denial mode. I know, now you assume for a second it did happen in this post. Ok, what did they talked about? Don't know, useless to speculate about it. We weren't there, again. It would only lead to pointless arguments.  Undecided

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Stupid Head
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #831 on: March 07, 2006, 05:24:59 AM »

Its just so surreal knowing that Axl and Slash saw each other in the flesh after ten years. It must have been so strange.

Axl looks so great and healthy these days too. Im sure Slash probably thought he would rather be standing on stage next to Axl than that ugly/weird guy, Scott.  hihi j/k
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #832 on: March 07, 2006, 05:26:55 AM »

i'd be curious to know what they spoke about too..
"Axl was hopeful that Slash would live up to his pronouncements that he wanted to end the war and move on with life." ?based on that statement i'd think whatever they spoke about would have been positive, not a heated conversation. makes you wonder where it all comes from.

umm.. what/when was the last official press release before this?
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #833 on: March 07, 2006, 05:27:48 AM »

Wow. 41 pages for this? Sorry I didn't have time to read everything but I'm wondering something (probably others did too).

Why did Axl (or his lawyers or whoever had this press release idea) think these Slash and Duff stories were relevant now? It doesn't really make sense, in the middle of all these new songs leaks, these new tour dates, etc. And the fact that management asked Mysteron to post that here is kinda weird (I believe it, but I just don't think it was the right move). I mean, don't they know fans are expecting something official about the new album/ tour, not about the long feud between Axl and the former GN'R members?

A better question would be: How are we supposed to move on if they don't?

I bet a lot of fans feel like me. I think these stories only concern them, what we are interested in, as fans, is music (ie: discs and concerts). I am not taking any side, pro Axl, or pro Slash or whatever.

The only side I'm taking is pro music. I mean, music is what brought us all here, brought us to love the band. I don't think their fights interest a lot of fans (even though I'm surprised there are 41 pages of comments about this...)

Dude, I loved your post and agree with you 110%, this make me kind of sad, because this is grown up men we are talking about, talented like hell the both of them, and it's been 10 years, and after all the shit they did together it all comes down to this? I'm very disapointed, and I dont care who said what, they are both wrong in the behaviour towards eachothers... ?I used to love watching Axl and Slash together, I felt there was a very rare chemistry and bond between them, but now it tastes funny... ? Huh Undecided Cry

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #834 on: March 07, 2006, 05:40:08 AM »

Man, this really leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I was looking forward to the new album, especially since bot Slash and Axl seemed to be sort of cool with each other. Now this crap starts all over again and leaves the fanbase (or what's left of it) divided.

This doesn't make me wanna have the album more, it kinda makes me feel stupid for admiring and adoring a band and its bandmates for so long (past and present). I always loved Axl and Slash. I even looked forward to what Robin and Richard would do and show us. Duff seems a great guy. The only one I've always disliked was Dizzy, and that will never change cause he's "spineless".

But the whole GnR saga seems to be turning out to be a nasty divorce. And we're the kids in between. You wanna love both but just won't let you. They make us choose.

Whose fault it is and who started it first don't matter anymore at this point. They are both guilty. And I guess I will just cherish the great memories there are cause this band (new and old) will never be much fun anymore. Always that nasty taste and the tension.

That's why the fans should just say "so fucking what?" Let them talk shit about each other all day long. I am a huge fan of Axl and Slash, as artists. As people, however, I don't know them and I certainly have no insight to their personal drama. I could care less who said what and who did what to who. I will never know the truth, and do I really care? No. The music is what got me interested, the music is what will hold my interest, because all this drama is just plain boring. Wake me up when some music drops...
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #835 on: March 07, 2006, 05:44:40 AM »

That's why the fans should just say "so fucking what?" Let them talk shit about each other all day long. I am a huge fan of Axl and Slash, as artists. As people, however, I don't know them and I certainly have no insight to their personal drama. I could care less who said what and who did what to who. I will never know the truth, and do I really care? No. The music is what got me interested, the music is what will hold my interest, because all this drama is just plain boring. Wake me up when some music drops...

AMEN!  beer

Restraint is for suckers.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #836 on: March 07, 2006, 05:52:30 AM »

this whole story should have been forgotten and silenced.
this press release is lame, and i'm sad that GNR is still fighting in public like that. get a room !

talking about slash's cd revelations, and slash's alleged visits .... sounds like a BIG joke from VR, just to mess with AXL, not nice ... not nice at all ... but funny

anyway. i hope we dont get any more of these legal stuff.

god of thunder
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #837 on: March 07, 2006, 06:31:53 AM »

This is so BS:

I still do not get it, why are they doing this to the fans? Now we have a huge discussion going on between old and nu gnr, slash and axl fans and haters...This sucks big time.

Everything seemed so positive: News from CD, a tour, the leaks, good mooded Axl in da clubs, Slash saying nice things about Axl...
And now this fucked up BS! WHY? This is so unnecessary and childish....If they can`t agree then they can go to court and settle things in a professional way there, but why does this battle has to be fought on the back of the fans? This is so stupid...

And btw. I do not need some fuckin lawsuit to know that Axl is the driving force of GnR: Just release the damn album and then we`ll all know. Let the music do the talking....
SADIS
« Reply #838 on: March 07, 2006, 06:49:14 AM »

Well, at least no one can say that Axl will "let the music do the talking".

And saying that Slash and Duff only talk bad to gain attention, I find it very interesting that Mr. Rose has something to sell pretty soon. S n D's claims are out there for a while now. Why now? Why not earlier?
Yesterdaze
Opening Act

« Reply #839 on: March 07, 2006, 06:58:13 AM »

It's 5:30 Somewhere. Axl's house! hihi
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 07:01:53 AM by Yesterdaze » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: