Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 06:24:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl - Legal Press Release
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl - Legal Press Release  (Read 124442 times)
estranged.1098
« Reply #800 on: March 07, 2006, 04:18:53 AM »

So let's see, Axl

- DOESN'T let Slash into a Nu-GNR concert in 2001, and has security kick him out.

Axl did no such thing.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #801 on: March 07, 2006, 04:20:36 AM »

Can any1 honestly sit here and say that if Axl ditched the GNR name and called it somehting else you still wouldnt compare it to old gnr?

Axl and Slash will always be compared to their old material..case closed

Imo the CD demos blow CB away. I was expecting Slash to deliver on CB and he did not aside from YGNR and Slither...Nothing he does on that album comes close to what he did with GNR. Nor do the songs in general.

Grammy or not. The quality of music isnt there and up to par with old gnr.

D do you honestly think Axl cares about VR and what they did and are doing. The guy is a nutcase and could careless. Axl does his own thing.

Without Axls leadership and vision there would be no NR,,Scom,Estranged,Loco,Breakdown, etc
Slash def elevated those songs and made them what they are but if it were up to him we wouldnt even have ?a chance to hear the greatness....

And that is why Axl doesnt need Slash to make a great album. As long as the production of CD doesnt get fucked up, CD will be a great album. Slash has yet produced a great album. Axl is smart and talented enough to surround himself with people who can carry out his vision.And in that process he makes the peopel around him elevate their game. These new leaks are amaizng to me. For the most part they are GNR. GNR2006. And thats all I want from this band...

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Janabis
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #802 on: March 07, 2006, 04:20:57 AM »

janabis I think the shit is made up...

Maybe, but made up by who? If Axl made up these stories then he's crazier than any of us ever thought. If his legal team made it up they'll all be fired as soon as Axl finds out. If MTV made it up then we'll have to get a real statement from Axl denying the false allegations since this story is all over the press now. Seems like a huge mess no matter what.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #803 on: March 07, 2006, 04:21:11 AM »

Also telling Axl that he is "the stronger"

what the fuck is that? That makes no sense.

Only scenario I can see is, if it all got taken out of context like someone earlier mentioned and then got twisted around.

Slash could've been being sarcastic due to all the rumors and someone took what he was sayin literally.

For instance Axl couldve asked him what was up with the band and being sarcastic Slash said "well u know, Duff is spineless, Scott is a fraud and of course I hate Matt" just sarcastically u know what im sayin and someone heard that and ran with it and made a big deal out of nothing.

On their face value, we cannot judge the comments for their content. No one knows if the conversation took place and certainly none of us know what was said.

Slash's statement should be forthcoming. I expect a vehement denial.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #804 on: March 07, 2006, 04:23:13 AM »

Wow. 41 pages for this? Sorry I didn't have time to read everything but I'm wondering something (probably others did too).

Why did Axl (or his lawyers or whoever had this press release idea) think these Slash and Duff stories were relevant now? It doesn't really make sense, in the middle of all these new songs leaks, these new tour dates, etc. And the fact that management asked Mysteron to post that here is kinda weird (I believe it, but I just don't think it was the right move). I mean, don't they know fans are expecting something official about the new album/ tour, not about the long feud between Axl and the former GN'R members?

A better question would be: How are we supposed to move on if they don't?

I bet a lot of fans feel like me. I think these stories only concern them, what we are interested in, as fans, is music (ie: discs and concerts). I am not taking any side, pro Axl, or pro Slash or whatever.

The only side I'm taking is pro music. I mean, music is what brought us all here, brought us to love the band. I don't think their fights interest a lot of fans (even though I'm surprised there are 41 pages of comments about this...)

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #805 on: March 07, 2006, 04:24:42 AM »

But why didn't a statement come out yet? Why the "no comment" shtick? Why not something very short for starters?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #806 on: March 07, 2006, 04:25:25 AM »

Wow. 41 pages for this? Sorry I didn't have time to read everything but I'm wondering something (probably others did too).

Why did Axl (or his lawyers or whoever had this press release idea) think these Slash and Duff stories were relevant now? It doesn't really make sense, in the middle of all these new songs leaks, these new tour dates, etc. And the fact that management asked Mysteron to post that here is kinda weird (I believe it, but I just don't think it was the right move). I mean, don't they know fans are expecting something official about the new album/ tour, not about the long feud between Axl and the former GN'R members?

I bet a lot of fans feel like me. I think these stories only concern them, what we are interested in, as fans, is music (ie: discs and concerts). I am not taking any side, pro Axl, or pro Slash or whatever.

The only side I'm taking is pro music. I mean, music is what brought us all here, brought us to love the band. I don't think their fights interest a lot of fans (even though I'm surprised there are 41 pages of comments about this...)

Until these lawsuits are settled, neither side will move on. Those are facts. 

Trial date March 28. Will it be delayed due to the new filing?

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #807 on: March 07, 2006, 04:26:32 AM »

But why didn't a statement come out yet? Why the "no comment" shtick? Why not something very short for starters?

No idea. I"m sure Slash is talking to his attorney.  Slash is a weird bird though; he may be away working on some things and hasn't read the statement yet.

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #808 on: March 07, 2006, 04:28:39 AM »

I guess you kinda missed my point, but it doesn't really matter. Smiley

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #809 on: March 07, 2006, 04:29:29 AM »

Until these lawsuits are settled, neither side will move on. Those are facts.?

Move on? Musically you mean? I'm sure VR would and could move on if they wanted to.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Miggy
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #810 on: March 07, 2006, 04:30:13 AM »

Maybe because they have their own life now and don't feel like to participate to this stupid "game"?
badapple81
« Reply #811 on: March 07, 2006, 04:30:37 AM »

I just think that considering the legalities involved and the seriousness of a press release concerning a lawsuit.. he couldn't possibly make these kind of extraordinary claims (which Axl could be in serious legal trouble for if they were false) if they are indeed false. I'm not saying they are true, that keeping an open mind.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #812 on: March 07, 2006, 04:30:49 AM »

IF YOU'RE A REAL FAN OF GN'R DON'T TAKE SIDES ON THE SLASH VS. AXL THING. ?FIRST OF ALL, WE DON'T KNOW SHIT. ?THEY BOTH ROCK, DESPITE PERSONAL ISSUES BETWEEN THEM.

SECOND OF ALL, THOSE TWO TOGETHER MADE UP THE CORE OF THE GREATEST BAND EVER KNOWN TO MAN, NOW THAT'S SOMETHING WE CAN ALL AGREE ON.

YOU CAN'T TOUCH GN'R '87-'91
(sorry for the big text)

have't you realised there aren't gnr fans here for the most part, it's just people that picked sides or never knew the old gnr and just bicker and nit pick all day about shit... I also don't know anything that happened.. I read something pasted on the interent.. Big fucking deal.. ?When I read a story I try to say does it make sence, could it have happened, did it most likely happen?Huh Does it make sence? NO.. Could it have happened YES because anything is possible, Did it most likely happen NO..

I tend to not belive axl would just allow slash into his house or his security.. I also don't believe he would (axl) strictly say that slash was only there to knock sorum scott n duff.. Why was he there if he was, what else were they talking about, why confide in axl when he is basically somewhat of an enemy who would use info like that against slash??
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #813 on: March 07, 2006, 04:31:04 AM »

Move on? Musically you mean? I'm sure VR would and could move on if they wanted to.

Personally and professionally.

Remember, two lawsuits were filed by Slash and Duff.

Axl didnt' drag them into this fray.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #814 on: March 07, 2006, 04:32:26 AM »

I guess you kinda missed my point, but it doesn't really matter.

It's 4:30 am here right now.

very likely but I thought you were asking why is it hard for all sides to move on, especially in consideration of the fans.

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #815 on: March 07, 2006, 04:32:29 AM »

Maybe because they have their own life now and don't feel like to participate to this stupid "game"?

Wrong. As a band that communicates information to it's fans, these alleged comments by slash could be seen as very damaging to the future of VR. Clearing it up quickly would be good for them.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #816 on: March 07, 2006, 04:32:45 AM »

Great Post Will, it is very dumb for Axl,Merck or whoever to DIVIDE Old GNR and NEW GNR fans.

2 days ago everyone was on board, GNR fans, Old GNR fans, VR fans, EVERYONE.

Now we have this huge, great divide goin on and it has turned a very positive GNR buzz into this controversial negative thing that isnt good for either side.

I personally dont compare ?VR to old GNR and I wouldnt compare new GNR to old GNR if Slash bashers didnt come on here and act like the demos are so great that Slash could never play the mediocre solos on these songs.

I wont stand by and let people try and undermine the brilliant musician Slash is.

YG u can say what u want but without Slash there wouldve never been a SCOM or a WTTJ cause had he and Izzy not wrote the riffs, Axl never would've been inspired to do his thing.

So lets not shit on Slash to make New GNR greater.

The demos are excellent, the music is good not great but the difference to me so far is, whereas Slash elevating the songs from a 9 to a 10, the guitarist on these demos dont hurt the songs but they dont really do anything to elevate them to that next level either.

Also even Axl thanked Slash for the melodies on Estranged and since Estranged is my all time Fav GNR song I feel I am qualified to say that Slash's guitar work is a huge reason it is my all time favorite, u put TWAT level solos/fills on Estranged and I dont think it would be my favorite.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #817 on: March 07, 2006, 04:34:38 AM »

Wrong. As a band that communicates information to it's fans, these alleged comments by slash could be seen as very damaging to the future of VR. Clearing it up quickly would be good for them.

Axl is under no obligation to withhold these comments, real or fabricated. Even if VR is damaged by them, he is not legally liable for the damages.

Great Post Will, it is very dumb for Axl,Merck or whoever to DIVIDE Old GNR and NEW GNR fans.

in addition to Slash, Duff, Matt.....

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #818 on: March 07, 2006, 04:37:59 AM »

D I don't know why you continually try to make a point that has been clear 400 posts ago.. SOmetimes you have to just say you know what you mean and others do too.. You'll always have the few that willnot just understand and leave it a that.. You end up becoming some slash lover or axl hater instead of someone just giving an honest opinion..

Then on the other side you have people that say well I only like 2 or 3 songs off contraband, the guitar work stunk, scott stinks the lyrics sucks and so on, YET you say soemthing negative about the new ngr songs (even about one part of a song/s) you are again one with no clue of what you are talking about, or you are just pissed cause slash isn't there, or you have something against axl... This is a daily occurance

The people who dislike vr are not axl lovers , they are just giving honest opinions.. The people who like vr along with new gnr that dislike some of the demos or feel they are lacking in some ways are just bashing hating slash lovers hihi
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #819 on: March 07, 2006, 04:39:36 AM »

What's done is done. I meant Slash should see to it that he responds quickly for his band's sake. You dind't think I meant GNR when i said "as a band that communicates to its fans", did you?(KV) ?hihi

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: