Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 12:27:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl - Legal Press Release
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl - Legal Press Release  (Read 124835 times)
speed_stone
« Reply #760 on: March 07, 2006, 02:10:01 AM »

I don't blame Axl for being pissed about the law suit in question though....I think Slash/Duff acted like dicks and could have just picked up the phone and asked someone why their checks were smaller instead of saying Axl is manipulating the situation and what not.?

Slash and Duff have been throwing Axl under the bus for 10 years and Axl has said nothing.

What are you talking about?? When they have been asked a question they answered it as honestly as possible.? They dont slander Axl, they say he is an amazing singer and he is very talented.? They acknowledge that they could not get along and make the band work.? If you want to talk about slandering lets look at the "Where is Slash?? He is up my ass" comments by Axl in shows started with the first NYE show.? So dont go around saying that "Axl has said nothing" because he certainly has.?

I think the up my ass comment has been taken out of context....

rofl

This sentence cannot be taken out of context.

Did you ever stop to think that Axl was telling the truth? Maybe Slash was in fact up Axl's Ass. Maybe Axl cares so much for Slash, that he put him in his ass to make sure Slash would be alright. Maybe some shit was going down...like a fucking warzone. And Axl risked his life and put Slash in his ass to insure that Slash would be alright.

Are you implying that Slash was in the band in 2002 someway? ?rofl

lmfao rofl
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #761 on: March 07, 2006, 02:12:33 AM »

Dave

are they better than any orignal GNR songs though???

I dont think so either.

CB wasnt built to be a huge guitar soloing oriented record though, I disagree though, I think YGNR and FTP's solos are better to be honest. THey are constructed in a way where the solos have to be short and sweet though.

Slash's guitar took Estranged from an 8 to a 10, he took NR from an 8 to a ten, took SCOM from an 8 to a 10

see the pattern?

The guitar work on the GNR demos doesnt elevate the song that much and thats the problem, Axl is brilliant but the guitar playing doesnt elevate it to that next level of emotion.

Yes they are. The new songs are better than A LOT OF old gnr songs. I have listed just off AFD before, go back and look for it. Ill do just CITR and what songs its better than ok?

CITR is BETTER than
its so easy, night train, outto get me, my michelle, think about you, your crzy, anything goes and RQ and that is just on AFD.
Id say its better than everything on lies and everything on UYIs save civil war, nov rain, estranged and coma.

There ya go.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #762 on: March 07, 2006, 02:16:40 AM »

Personally I rank CITR below SilkWorms and it definitely isnt better than those songs u listed.
TWAT has the potential to be an alltime great GNR song but right now the guitar work is holding it back from being a true GNR classic.

Ill give u "The Blues" and Madagascar, they definitely rank as all time GNR greats.

thats do largely to Axl though cause so far we have

zero riffs
zero memorable guitar melodies cept maybe The Blues' solo
zero great guitar solos.

they are demos so hopefully this will be corrected.

Dave no offense but u are soooooooooooooo highly overrating Catcher in The Rye.

Better than everything off Uyi's cept those songs???

better than Patience? Better than RQ?

I respectfully disagree big time.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 02:19:36 AM by D? » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #763 on: March 07, 2006, 02:19:01 AM »

Personally I rank CITR below SilkWorms and it definitely isnt better than those songs u listed.
TWAT has the potential to be an alltime great GNR song but right now the guitar work is holding it back from being a true GNR classic.

Ill give u "The Blues" and Madagascar, they definitely rank as all time GNR greats.

thats do largely to Axl though cause so far we have

zero riffs
zero memorable guitar melodies cept maybe The Blues' solo
zero great guitar solos.

they are demos so hopefully this will be corrected.

The guitar work on CITR has Brain May and his solos are great. Oh is that not good enought for? you? And the guitar work on TWAT by both BH and robin is great. If slash had those solos in VR you would be drooling over them. I dont hear any classic gnr riffs or solos on anything VR did at all. The solos on the new gnr songs blow away what slash did  in VR.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 02:22:22 AM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #764 on: March 07, 2006, 02:21:21 AM »

Yes they are. The new songs are better than A LOT OF old gnr songs. I have listed just off AFD before, go back and look for it. Ill do just CITR and what songs its better than ok?

CITR is BETTER than
its so easy, night train, outto get me, my michelle, think about you, your crzy, anything goes and RQ and that is just on AFD.
Id say its better than everything on lies and everything on UYIs save civil war, nov rain, estranged and coma.

There ya go.

hihi rofl hihi rofl

keep em coming dave! each post is more hilarious than the last!

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #765 on: March 07, 2006, 02:23:24 AM »

CITR is BETTER than

There ya go.

hihi rofl hihi rofl

Yeah just like when UYI first came out and claimed that Nov rain and estranged were not better than anything on AFD. But now everyone ranks those two as two of the best gnr songs ever.? Roll Eyes

The sad thing with people like you and D. You think everyone should have the same taste in music as you , well guess what they dont. So get over yourself.  Fact is CITR lyrics blow away most of the stuff from old gnr. Id take those lyrics over the lyrics of old gnr about getting high, drunk, laid, and bitches.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 02:25:10 AM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #766 on: March 07, 2006, 02:25:11 AM »

Just cause its Brian May doesnt mean it is automatically great.

TWAT's solo is ok, not great, not bad but it isnt classic.

it cant hold a candle to NR,Estranged,SCOM,Dont Cry,Knockin On Heaven's Door, countless other solos.

TWAT solo is maybe on par with the "SO Fine" solo or something.

Slash's solos are songs within songs, they are as melodic and memorable as Axl's vocals and lyrics.

The solos on the demos sound like they are there to fill time. they dont elevate the song they arent memorable and arent any different than the countless solos from bands out today.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #767 on: March 07, 2006, 02:27:38 AM »

CITR is BETTER than

There ya go.

hihi rofl hihi rofl

Yeah just like when UYI first came out and claimed that Nov rain and estranged were not better than anything on AFD. But now everyone ranks those two as two of the best gnr songs ever.? Roll Eyes

The sad thing with people like you and D. You think everyone should have the same taste in music as you , well guess what they dont. So get over yourself.? Fact is CITR lyrics blow away most of the stuff from old gnr. Id take those lyrics over the lyrics of old gnr about getting high, drunk, laid, and bitches.

ONce again Dave u are making up shit that I didnt even say to slant the argument your way.

I havent once talked about the lyrics.

Ive said everytime lyrically,vocal melodies and vocals these Demos are amazing I am arguing about the guitar playing and solos.

facts are the solos dont come close to being on par with the classic slash solos and riffs of GNR past.

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #768 on: March 07, 2006, 02:28:08 AM »

it cant hold a candle to NR,Estranged,SCOM,Dont Cry,Knockin On Heaven's Door, countless other solos.

Slash's solos are songs within songs, they are as melodic and memorable as Axl's vocals and lyrics.

The solos on the demos sound like they are there to fill time. they dont elevate the song they arent memorable and arent any different than the countless solos from bands out today.

Go and enjoy your subpar VR CD and think its great. And ill enjoy these great demos until CD comes out. You just show time and time again it doesnt matter how good the new gnr songs are you are going to bash them because slash is not on them. The funny thing is, if slash wrote and played the same solos are the new gnr songs you would love them.

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #769 on: March 07, 2006, 02:29:36 AM »

I wonder if I can kick your ass?

Those be Fighting Words D

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #770 on: March 07, 2006, 02:30:48 AM »

Actually u are wrong.

I love the demos, Axl is amazing on them and shut all the critics up.

But when someone comes on here and overrates the guitar solos and the guitar playing simply cause it ISNT Slash and they want to do everything they can to prop up Axl and make him look smart for getting rid of Slash, I have to pull the fair and balanced act out and put a stop to the bullshit.

Axl's parts are incredible but the demos suffer from poor guitar playing and average bland solos.

So yeah If Slash were playing the solos and put his amazing flavor and emotion into these songs, I guarantee u they would be even better than they are now. His track record speaks for itself.

Take away his guitar playing on Estranged and NR and I guarantee we wouldnt be here talkin bout those songs today. same as SCOM.

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #771 on: March 07, 2006, 02:30:58 AM »

CITR is BETTER than

There ya go.

hihi rofl hihi rofl

The sad thing with people like you and D. You think everyone should have the same taste in music as you , well guess what they dont. So get over yourself.? Fact is CITR lyrics blow away most of the stuff from old gnr. Id take those lyrics over the lyrics of old gnr about getting high, drunk, laid, and bitches.

ONce again Dave u are making up shit that I didnt even say to slant the argument your way.

I havent once talked about the lyrics.

Ive said everytime lyrically,vocal melodies and vocals these Demos are amazing I am arguing about the guitar playing and solos.

facts are the solos dont come close to being on par with the classic slash solos and riffs of GNR past.

We are talking about SONGS here not just solos. And say what you want about the solos but slash in VR and solo slash has not written any classic solos since leaving gnr but i dont hear you bitching about that. VR have no classic gnr solos or riffs so what do you have to say about that?

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #772 on: March 07, 2006, 02:31:31 AM »

I wonder if I can kick your ass?

In Vegas u'd probably be a 100-1 underdog

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #773 on: March 07, 2006, 02:33:52 AM »

Actually u are wrong.

But when someone comes on here and overrates the guitar solos and the guitar playing simply cause it ISNT Slash and they want to do everything they can to prop up Axl and make him look smart for getting rid of Slash, I have to pull the fair and balanced act out and put a stop to the bullshit.

Axl's parts are incredible but the demos suffer from poor guitar playing and average bland solos.

So yeah If Slash were playing the solos and put his amazing flavor and emotion into these songs, I guarantee u they would be even better than they are now. His track record speaks for itself.

Take away his guitar playing on Estranged and NR and I guarantee we wouldnt be here talkin bout those songs today. same as SCOM.

Here is the difference between you and me. I listen to the whole song and the lyrics are more important than solos. The beatles never many great solos or riffs but they wrote some of the best songs of all time. As long as the melody is good which they are for these new songs and the solos are good which they are, its fine. like I said you keep saying these DEMOS have bland solos when the funny thing is the FINISHED VR songs have bland solos yet that is ok with you.

Like I said id take these new gnr solos over the crap slash has done for VR any day.

And D stop dodging my question. What do you think of the boring and bland solos slash did for VR? They dont even come close to classic gnr? And its SLASH who wrote them.

speed_stone
« Reply #774 on: March 07, 2006, 02:36:39 AM »

Actually u are wrong.

Here is the difference between you and me. I listen to the whole song and the lyrics are more important than solos. The beatles never many great solos or riffs but they wrote some of the best songs of all time. As long as the melody is good which they are for these new songs and the solos are good which they are, its fine. like I said you keep saying these DEMOS have bland solos when the funny thing is the FINISHED VR songs have bland solos yet that is ok with you.

Like I said id take these new gnr solos over the crap slash has done for VR any day.

And D stop dodging my question. What do you think of the boring and bland solos slash did for VR? They dont even come close to classic gnr? And its SLASH who wrote them.

i agree with dave, as always. smoking
there is no comparing them.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #775 on: March 07, 2006, 02:38:17 AM »

We arent talkin bout VR and Snakepit though Dave

We are talking about Guns N Roses.

So everything that has ever been done by Guns N Roses gets lumped here and compared.

what Slash has done outside GNR does not matter cause that has nothing to do with GNR.

U arent understanding where Im coming from here.

The songs as a whole are very very good songs, I love There was a time, I love IRS and I love Better, I still havent made the connection with Catcher but I probably will.

What I am breaking down is the new elements of the band. I never doubted Axl, I knew the lyrics, melodies and vocals would be strong and he delivers huge but u cant listen to the guitar playing on these demos and honestly tell me they are better than Slash/Izzy old GNR guitar playing.

I hate Popcorn Adler but u cant tell me the drumming is anywhere close to Popcorn's Appetite level.

TWAT is probably a 8.5/10 whats missing and what makes it unable to be a 10/10 is that classic amazing melodic Slash guitar solo that took GNR songs to a whole nother planet.

Take some of the classic GNR songs of all time.

take Slash's part off NR,Estranged,SCOM and those songs arent the all time classic tracks we speak of today.

Most bands when the guitar solo comes on, we bang our heads or sometimes even fast forward to the vocals start again.

When a Slash GNR solo comes on, we fucking sing a long to it as if its the vocals *which is why GNR fans flamed Finck when he'd fuck up"

Slash was a guitarist who complimented Axl's vocal style and Axl's vocal style complimented Slash's guitar style.

SCott Weiland doesnt have the pipes to compliment Slash properly and Finck,Bucket dont have the emotional,melodic guitar abilities to fully compliment Axl's vocal style.

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #776 on: March 07, 2006, 02:42:09 AM »

We arent talkin bout VR and Snakepit though Dave

We are talking about Guns N Roses.

So everything that has ever been done by Guns N Roses gets lumped here and compared.

what Slash has done outside GNR does not matter cause that has nothing to do with GNR.

U arent understanding where Im coming from here.

The songs as a whole are very very good songs, I love There was a time, I love IRS and I love Better, I still havent made the connection with Catcher but I probably will.

What I am breaking down is the new elements of the band. I never doubted Axl, I knew the lyrics, melodies and vocals would be strong and he delivers huge but u cant listen to the guitar playing on these demos and honestly tell me they are better than Slash/Izzy old GNR guitar playing.

I hate Popcorn Adler but u cant tell me the drumming is anywhere close to Popcorn's Appetite level.

TWAT is probably a 8.5/10 whats missing and what makes it unable to be a 10/10 is that classic amazing melodic Slash guitar solo that took GNR songs to a whole nother planet.

Take some of the classic GNR songs of all time.

take Slash's part off NR,Estranged,SCOM and those songs arent the all time classic tracks we speak of today.

Most bands when the guitar solo comes on, we bang our heads or sometimes even fast forward to the vocals start again.

When a Slash GNR solo comes on, we fucking sing a long to it as if its the vocals *which is why GNR fans flamed Finck when he'd fuck up"

Slash was a guitarist who complimented Axl's vocal style and Axl's vocal style complimented Slash's guitar style.

SCott Weiland doesnt have the pipes to compliment Slash properly and Finck,Bucket dont have the emotional,melodic guitar abilities to fully compliment Axl's vocal style.

Again dodge the question. You are comparing the new gnr to slashs work in gnr. So why cant we compare slashs subpar VR work with gnr. Because those are the kind of solos slash would be writing for the new gnr? Plus slash refused to touch axl new songs so he would just half ass the songs and they would not be anywhere near the love that BH and Robin put into the solos they did for gnr. That is HUGE. The fact is where slash is right now talent wise and how he did not want to write for? these songs the solos would not be any better than the crap he did for VR or that finck and BH have done which I think are great.

You keep claiming what if slash did not write the solos for Nov Rain or estranged, etc etc well if Axl had BH back then or robin you dont know if the solos would have been better now do you? Because they very well could have been. But that is something you dont see.

You need to move on . Slash QUIT the band because he did not want to write for these songs.
Im done with you and this tangent since you cannot even answere a simple question.
I will ask it one more time.

Why do you think slash could write any better solos for these demos when he has not written a better one in VR since his VR solos are very bland and not classic gnr like and they are songs he did not even want to work on the the first place and is the reason he quit the band

D that is called checkmate.
Good Fucking Night.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 02:47:54 AM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #777 on: March 07, 2006, 02:47:43 AM »

CITR is BETTER than

There ya go.
I find  nothing special in CITR.IRS too is very forgettable, imo.atleast for now. (Maybe they grow on me but i somehow don't believe it)
TWAT and Better, those i find pretty amazing.

I'm glad i don't have to even try to compare songs that i heard for the 1st time well over a decade ago, songs that provided soundtrack for me to grow up with, against demos that came out 2 weeks back though yes
And I'm sure that would apply even if i wasn't one of those people who can easily need like  6 months untill they can decide wether they like from a song or not.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 02:49:15 AM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
Miggy
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #778 on: March 07, 2006, 02:59:16 AM »

That Press Release is totally bullshit.  Come on, think!  smoking
speed_stone
« Reply #779 on: March 07, 2006, 03:14:08 AM »

That Press Release is totally bullshit.? Come on, think!? smoking

uh, take your own advice. confused