Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 07:47:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl - Legal Press Release
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl - Legal Press Release  (Read 124725 times)
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #600 on: March 06, 2006, 08:10:20 PM »

I think I once started a thread dedicated to the endless litany of lies and insults Slash has told concerning Axl...

There was about as many examples there as there were in this press release.

and what are the lies in the press release?

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #601 on: March 06, 2006, 08:10:25 PM »

"Can't Hardly Wait," by the Replacements is one of the most brilliant songs of the last twenty years.  Get your facts straight.

He meant the movie in which Paradise City was used.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #602 on: March 06, 2006, 08:10:57 PM »

Not appearing to be under the influence, Slash came to inform Axl that: ?Duff was spineless,? ?Scott was a fraud,? that he ?hates Matt Sorum? and that in this ongoing war, contest or whatever anyone wants to call it that Slash has waged against Axl for the better part of 20 years, that Axl has proven himself ?the stronger.?

I still can't see in this paragraph where it says Axl talked to Slash, as so many on this thread have been saying...

Is it not plausible that Axl was in bed (he is 44 anyway...) and that whoever answered the door took a message...? This is my 'two cents' as that is what I would presume from the phrasing "Slash came to inform Axl that" (i.e. he didn't actually inform Axl himself).

'he's 44!? what kinda dumb shit is that? he's also the lead singer of guns n fuckin roses! the most dangerous band in the world.
Just a thought.

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #603 on: March 06, 2006, 08:11:16 PM »

"Can't Hardly Wait," by the Replacements is one of the most brilliant songs of the last twenty years.  Get your facts straight.

it wasn't a great movie, but the Paradise City scene was great.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #604 on: March 06, 2006, 08:11:42 PM »

he's talking about the movie which had paradise city in it rofl
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #605 on: March 06, 2006, 08:12:22 PM »

it wasn't a great movie, but the Paradise City scene was great.

I agree. Great scene indeed.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #606 on: March 06, 2006, 08:12:31 PM »

I find it funny all the people that thought it was ok for Slash and Duff to bad mouth Axl, and bitch about Axl not making statements, and now that he does and gives his side you are bashing him for it.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #607 on: March 06, 2006, 08:12:52 PM »

Not appearing to be under the influence, Slash came to inform Axl that: ?Duff was spineless,? ?Scott was a fraud,? that he ?hates Matt Sorum? and that in this ongoing war, contest or whatever anyone wants to call it that Slash has waged against Axl for the better part of 20 years, that Axl has proven himself ?the stronger.?

I still can't see in this paragraph where it says Axl talked to Slash, as so many on this thread have been saying...

Is it not plausible that Axl was in bed (he is 44 anyway...) and that whoever answered the door took a message...? This is my 'two cents' as that is what I would presume from the phrasing "Slash came to inform Axl that" (i.e. he didn't actually inform Axl himself).

'he's 44!? what kinda dumb shit is that? he's also the lead singer of guns n fuckin roses! the most dangerous band in the world.
Just a thought.

he was the lead singer of the most dangerous band inthe world, he is now the lead singer of the band with the ?most years with no debut album hihi
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #608 on: March 06, 2006, 08:13:04 PM »

I have an idea. YOU go retrieve it. You know damn well you said it, and you said it at 3 different forums. If you dont believe it, read your own post history at these forums. I'm not taking the time to go through all your posts at different forums to prove you were lying when I knew it all along.

Oh, you didn't find anything...? What a surprise. ?hihi

I only post on one forum, here. The thread you are talking about appeared long after "Axl Rose Child" - me - was banned from MYGNR, meaning it would be literally impossible for me to post in that thread under that screen-name. ?ok

Keep trying, tool.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #609 on: March 06, 2006, 08:13:17 PM »

He was talking about the movie, released in 1998 and featuring "Paradise City."

Yeah, just sit in the corner and get sued quietly.  Roll Eyes

Forgetting that this is his second statement in less than a year...Thats the only option?

How about he just wins the case?  Or files his own case, without a vindictive public statement? 
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #610 on: March 06, 2006, 08:13:43 PM »

30 pages Huh?

I believe the whole thing.

Now, i hope everybody can move on.

Dudes, this might get to SIXTY pages..... I mean think about it, this is BIG news in a way.  Its an official statement from the band (albeit about something kinda unimportant relevant to CD and the euro tour) there is TONS of trash talking and of course, the gravy on the potatoes, Axl and Slash talking!!!!!  And Slash bowing down to Axl and putting down his bandmates.  I STILL don't know if I believe it 100% (I believe that the statement is real, but not the actual events...it just sounds so surreal).  I wish we had more details.  How long did they talk for?  Did Slash hear CD?  Did they hug afterwards?  Did they watch old Guns vids/shows on youTube all night? hahah.  Did they sign on to HTGTH and fuck around with people.  Did they prank Matt Sorum and tell him to Fuck Off???  ENQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW! haha

But seriously, I see pros and cons to this.  The con is its going to turn off people who were happy to kinda see the feud die down.  Its also a diff direction then we were hoping things would go.  Im' sure EVERYONE wants to hear a statement about CD and the tours, not about this really.  The pro is, this is classic Axl stirring up shit, I for one kinda dig it (but part of me also isn't a fan of the feud being over).  I think this will get the media and fans going on about who sells more records, who makes more money touring? who plays to more people.....its great stuff.  Rock hasn't had a fued this big since....since.....exactly.  Look what feuds do for rap, biggie/tupac, nas (or naz, i don't know - or care)/Jay Z, 50cent and the guy he called a Wangsta....and those are REALLY STUPID FEUDS.  this one is totally legit.

I don't think they'll be any major fall out from this statement.  I think those that are annoyed from it will get over it quick, will still buy CD, will still go to a show near them (or even far from them).  The only REALLY BAD thing I can see is A LOT more "where is slash?" comments at GNR shows....and we all know how Axl reacts to that!

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #611 on: March 06, 2006, 08:13:50 PM »

I find it funny all the people that thought it was ok for Slash and Duff to bad mouth Axl, and bitch about Axl not making statements, and now that he does and gives his side you are bashing him for it.

i thought axl was the guy who takes the high road, secondly you don't even know if it happened
badobsession81
Rocker

Forgive them that tear down your soul

« Reply #612 on: March 06, 2006, 08:14:45 PM »

Every interview Ive heard Slash and Duff have had praise for Axl and what a genius and stuff he is.

Only thing is, Axl and various posters on this board want to totally take away the credit that the old GNR members deserve.

I remember a poster on here even tryin to say that maybe Axl sung or hummed guitar parts for Slash to play.

I mean its ludicrous.

I like Axl, I still like Slash and Duff.

I like New GNR, i like VR and Im not a fan of either side bashin the other.

I came down just as hard on Scott Weiland when he made that cheap shot reference about Axl.

Its not needed and I won't choose sides.

Here here,

Just a shame that green rules in this world. Where's the respect for ones self?!

Back In Power
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #613 on: March 06, 2006, 08:16:15 PM »

I just read this again and some of it im sure is true but I dont buy a lot of it.

Slash comes to his house, bashes his bandmates and then tells Axl 'U were the stronger"

Then the lawsuit tries to paint Axl like he is this grand great guy who has been attacked and lied about to look bad.

I guess Slash and Duff came to Axl and said "Please Axl, sign these papers and take full control of GNR, We beg u, we are tired of makin decisions, so here its yours we dont want it!"

It was Slash and Duff who delayed his plane thus causing the riot in Vancouver, it was Slash and Duff who secretly paid the sound guy at the VMA's to make Axl's ear monitor not work.

Axl's crediblity takes a hit when he tries to act like Slash and Duff have "Rewrote history to make him look bad"

Axl, u are a great frontman and one of the most talented songwriters and vocalist ever but please dont try to act like u are some great guy who has done no wrong.

Slash and Duff arent angels but Axl definitely isnt some innocent victim that lawsuit makes him out to be.

The press release was to announce that Axl filed a counterclaim on March 3. there was a purpose to it.

It does not matter if he had the right, and has the upper hand in these arguments. ?The problem is the completely, irresponsible manner in which this came out. ?This, even if the album succeeds, is not a positve manner to carry oneself. ?Carrying vindicitive grudges is for high school kid's, and is a force of evil. ?This whole release, grammatical errors, spelling errors, run-on sentences and all, stinks! ?It stinks bad. ?The only ones who don't think it stinks, are the remaining die hards, who seem like they are holed up in the bunker below Berlin waiting for the Red Army to come blast their arses! ?Go to other messageboards, and read for yourself, if you think this is going over well with sane people.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #614 on: March 06, 2006, 08:17:06 PM »

this is the new gnr lies hihi
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #615 on: March 06, 2006, 08:17:21 PM »

I think I once started a thread dedicated to the endless litany of lies and insults Slash has told concerning Axl...

There was about as many examples there as there were in this press release.

Wow for the first time I am agreeing with Booker, where are the examples MR Rose??

Also that release sounds very "Unprofessional" doesnt look like a lawyer letter to me.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #616 on: March 06, 2006, 08:18:17 PM »

and what are the lies in the press release?

You misunderstood my post...

They complain about Slash attacking Axl in the press, telling lies, etc. and give no examples.  Its the same kind of thing Ive seen on this very forum for years now.  Die-hard Axl fans get so accustomed to calling Slash a liar that they believe its true and cant provide anything substantial when asked to do back the claim up.  Something that thread proved.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 08:20:02 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #617 on: March 06, 2006, 08:18:42 PM »

i thought axl was the guy who takes the high road, secondly you don't even know if it happened

How do you know it did not? Like I said if Axl really said this, why would he lying about something this big?

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #618 on: March 06, 2006, 08:18:58 PM »

You guys know what this means...

REUNION!

rofl im seriously surprised nobody has figured out some way to turn this around and be like "Axl loves Slash! Old GNR are rejoinin!"

hate to say it.. but..

I FUCKING TOLD YOU SO!

gnrevolution.com
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #619 on: March 06, 2006, 08:19:04 PM »

He was talking about the movie, released in 1998 and featuring "Paradise City."

Yeah, just sit in the corner and get sued quietly.  Roll Eyes

Forgetting that this is his second statement in less than a year...Thats the only option?

How about he just wins the case?  Or files his own case, without a vindictive public statement? 

The first line of the statement clearly says that Axl was announcing he filed a countersuit on March 3. This was not just another 'vindictive public statement.' In fact this is the first Axl Rose official statement.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: