Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 08:21:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl - Legal Press Release
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl - Legal Press Release  (Read 124748 times)
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #580 on: March 06, 2006, 07:55:00 PM »

wow 30 pages already

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #581 on: March 06, 2006, 07:55:58 PM »

i still don't think this was said by axl or that slash ever said these things.. Of course anything is possible but it makes zero sence to do it, and the idea axl would have talked to him long enough for him to get into his band mates is very strange,..Especially at the wee hours of the morning
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #582 on: March 06, 2006, 07:56:06 PM »

Damn, how quickly things change. ?I woke up to read about GN'R playing Sweden, I go to school, come back and THIS happens. ? no ?Just when things were looking up.
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #583 on: March 06, 2006, 07:57:06 PM »

I am a supporter of the new band. ?I also like the old band, and really appreciate the talents of the new and old musicians. ?This whole episode is like watching two of your friends go throught a divorce. ?You like both, and can see that the emotion is getting into the decision making. ?This last statement by Rose, imho, reeks with emotion.

In addition, I showed it to an attorney. ?He noted, the grammatical errors, spelling errors, and outlandish nature of this release. ?He said it reminded him of something a high school kid would write, while indicting a co-worker, or former lover. ?He said that, in his opinion, this was a really stupid press release, that could well backfire in the court room. ?Moreover, he said that from a PR perspective, this is the opposite of what a lawyer would want a client to release, and would have shortened it and cleaned it up. ?Overall, he said it was quite pathetic, and could not believe that Axl's attorney, who is well respected, endorsed this. ?He said, that the attorney may let him do this, knowing that this will GUARANTEE CONTINUED LITIGATION AND BILLING. ?Just his two cents, but kind of made sense to me.

I support the band, can't wait for the album, but this could really come back in spades at Axl; esp. if Slash came to visit him to make amends, and Axl turned that visit into this. ?That just does not seem very nice, or human. ?

I think all parties involved, would be better off resolving this themselves, without their lawyers or managers. ?It is really, a lawsuit over nothing. ?Split the earnings equally, and move on.
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #584 on: March 06, 2006, 07:57:37 PM »

"JamesLofton29"...

When Guns take to the stage in Lisbon, and Axl captivates 300,000 people with an amazing headline show...

How much of a douche are you going to feel...?
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #585 on: March 06, 2006, 07:58:45 PM »

Trust me, this is gonna do nothing but entertain the recent "BUZZ" Axl has been having. ?The media and the non-diehard fans love to eat shit like this up. ?It's gonna create nothing more than a rival that will be displayed all over magazines and shit for months to come. ?I don't see any problem in it regardless. ?But I think Axl could have went a little further with his embarrassing projects for songs to be used in because I thought "Can't Hardly Wait" nor "End of Days", weren't that great.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #586 on: March 06, 2006, 07:59:37 PM »

Axl just might NOT show up.  You never know with him
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #587 on: March 06, 2006, 08:00:07 PM »

"JamesLofton29"...

When Guns take to the stage in Lisbon, and Axl captivates 300,000 people with an amazing headline show...

we'll see.... if i was a betting man and all that

regardless, this press statement leaves a bad taste for me... ?i ?was the most hyped after the Korn interview where he commented on Slash etc. with a modicum of class and respect

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #588 on: March 06, 2006, 08:01:46 PM »

Every interview Ive heard Slash and Duff have had praise for Axl and what a genius and stuff he is.

Only thing is, Axl and various posters on this board want to totally take away the credit that the old GNR members deserve.

I remember a poster on here even tryin to say that maybe Axl sung or hummed guitar parts for Slash to play.

I mean its ludicrous.

I like Axl, I still like Slash and Duff.

I like New GNR, i like VR and Im not a fan of either side bashin the other.

I came down just as hard on Scott Weiland when he made that cheap shot reference about Axl.

Its not needed and I won't choose sides.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #589 on: March 06, 2006, 08:02:03 PM »

Why would Axl make up the slash showing at his house thing? It would not make anysense for him to claim something like that that never happened.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #590 on: March 06, 2006, 08:02:20 PM »

"JamesLofton29"...

we'll see.... if i was a betting man and all that

regardless, this press statement leaves a bad taste for me... ?i ?was the most hyped after the Korn interview where he commented on Slash etc. with a modicum of class and respect

I did not buy into what Axl said about Slash in the RS thing from the Korn party at all. ?It ?was Axl playing the media just like Slash played the media in December in being all nice towards Axl.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #591 on: March 06, 2006, 08:03:00 PM »

it's in that Madgascar88 interview with Dizzy thread from his fraternity.

I don't have a link to the website but a link is in that thread.

I certainly don't recall this, unless I was intoxicated. You mean here on HTGTH...?
This right here is why people shouldnt pretend to be insiders, even just for a second. The truth always ends up biting you on the ass.

Go and retrieve the thread where I supposedly revealed "insider" knowledge about Slash being back in Guns...

I'd love to see it. Show me the money...
I have an idea. YOU go retrieve it. You know damn well you said it, and you said it at 3 different forums. If you dont believe it, read your own post history at these forums. I'm not taking the time to go through all your posts at different forums to prove you were lying when I knew it all along. I told everyone months ago that you and M88 were full of shit. Now its finally coming out.
"JamesLofton29"...

Typical fake insider comeback when he's proven wrong. Changing the subject. You were all over analyzing this press release, and when someone else brings up your contradictory insider knowledge, all of a sudden I'm a douche. confused

Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #592 on: March 06, 2006, 08:03:44 PM »

30 pages Huh?

I believe the whole thing.

Now, i hope everybody can move on.

Nothing to say
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #593 on: March 06, 2006, 08:05:13 PM »

Why would Axl make up the slash showing at his house thing? It would not make anysense for him to claim something like that that never happened.

Doesn't mean axl said it, just means what you read.... I'll be lieve it more when axl addresses it in real audio... I rather wait n see what either of the exact people involved have to say

and I'm sure axl just allowed him and and said hey old pal come right in beta's making hotcakes
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #594 on: March 06, 2006, 08:06:32 PM »

I hope this is on COURTV! hihi
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #595 on: March 06, 2006, 08:07:47 PM »

Trust me, this is gonna do nothing but entertain the recent "BUZZ" Axl has been having. ?The media and the non-diehard fans love to eat shit like this up. ?It's gonna create nothing more than a rival that will be displayed all over magazines and shit for months to come. ?I don't see any problem in it regardless. ?But I think Axl could have went a little further with his embarrassing projects for songs to be used in because I thought "Can't Hardly Wait" nor "End of Days", weren't that great.

"Can't Hardly Wait," by the Replacements is one of the most brilliant songs of the last twenty years. ?Get your facts straight.

Secondly, the all "buzz" is good "buzz," in my opinion, does not apply here. ?Remember Michael Jackson, and all his "buzz," well it's negative "buzz," that destoy's! ?Axl, is going to get hammered by the DJ's, press, and everyday worker who relates more to Slash. ?Slash is the dirty, everyday guitar player. ?Axl comes off looking like a spoiled brat, firing out lawsuits into the air from his big house on the hill.

AXL NEED'S A PUBLICIST, AND SOMEONE TO DRAG HIM AWAY FROM THESE YES MEN THAT are profiting from him destroying himself. ?Hell, I don't know, maybe the label & mgt. will make more from an insurance claim if this thing bombs, because the anchor will be firmly on the bottom of the sea by tomorrow morning when the talk shows/dj's get a hold of this one. ?Really, I think Slash, Duff, and Izzy and Axl's old friends need to show up tonight for an intervention, and drag Axl away from whomever is helping him make decisions--someone is clearly not acting in this poor fellows best interests. ?They should do this regardless if a reuninion or whatever is involved. ?I just read this again, and it is very self defeating. ?

Heck, if I was Tommy Stinson, and on the fence about coming back, this might convince me that life is too short for this shit. ?Geesh, this spoils the new music, which sounded so good! ?
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #596 on: March 06, 2006, 08:08:23 PM »

I just read this again and some of it im sure is true but I dont buy a lot of it.

Slash comes to his house, bashes his bandmates and then tells Axl 'U were the stronger"

Then the lawsuit tries to paint Axl like he is this grand great guy who has been attacked and lied about to look bad.

I guess Slash and Duff came to Axl and said "Please Axl, sign these papers and take full control of GNR, We beg u, we are tired of makin decisions, so here its yours we dont want it!"

It was Slash and Duff who delayed his plane thus causing the riot in Vancouver, it was Slash and Duff who secretly paid the sound guy at the VMA's to make Axl's ear monitor not work.

Axl's crediblity takes a hit when he tries to act like Slash and Duff have "Rewrote history to make him look bad"

Axl, u are a great frontman and one of the most talented songwriters and vocalist ever but please dont try to act like u are some great guy who has done no wrong.

Slash and Duff arent angels but Axl definitely isnt some innocent victim that lawsuit makes him out to be.

The press release was to announce that Axl filed a counterclaim on March 3. there was a purpose to it.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #597 on: March 06, 2006, 08:09:03 PM »

I think I once started a thread dedicated to the endless litany of lies and insults Slash has told concerning Axl...

There was about as many examples there as there were in this press release.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #598 on: March 06, 2006, 08:09:11 PM »

Grow up Axl.....

Yeah, just sit in the corner and get sued quietly.  Roll Eyes

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
TK1
Headliner

« Reply #599 on: March 06, 2006, 08:10:06 PM »

This whole thing is just sad. ?Remember when Guns were just a bad ass rock band? ?Now it is like a soap opera. ?I'm not going to pick sides; you shouldn't have to. ?It's hard to believe we're talking about 40 year old adults sometimes. ?I've read articles where Slash has voiced his frustration with Axl simply because he didn't understand what Axl was thinking. ?Obviously, we've heard Axl voice his disappointment in Slash as well. But, seriously, nothing that horrible has been said or done that it should be dragging on this long. ?

As for the law suits, if one was a legitimate clerical error, then it should be over. ?I'm sure it was slash and duff's lawyers who decided to file the lawsuit. ?GN'R is a multimillion dollar corporation in a sense; I seriously doubt Slash and Duff were the ones who decides to file a lawsuit. I'm sure they just took the advice from their attorney; just as Axl does...

As for the back catalog; IMO they should all have a say in that. ?Slash and Duff have just as much of a right to the material they helped right as Axl does regardless of whether or not they are in the band. ?

I'm really excited to hear new material from all of them; axl, slash, duff, etc. ?But, I sure do miss the days when they were just hungry musicians who lived for the music....
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: