Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 02:17:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl - Legal Press Release
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl - Legal Press Release  (Read 124378 times)
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #560 on: March 06, 2006, 07:33:55 PM »

it's in that Madgascar88 interview with Dizzy thread from his fraternity.

I don't have a link to the website but a link is in that thread.
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #561 on: March 06, 2006, 07:35:21 PM »

I certainly don't recall this, unless I was intoxicated. You mean here on HTGTH...?
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #562 on: March 06, 2006, 07:35:32 PM »

I just read this again and some of it im sure is true but I dont buy a lot of it.

Slash comes to his house, bashes his bandmates and then tells Axl 'U were the stronger"

Then the lawsuit tries to paint Axl like he is this grand great guy who has been attacked and lied about to look bad.

I guess Slash and Duff came to Axl and said "Please Axl, sign these papers and take full control of GNR, We beg u, we are tired of makin decisions, so here its yours we dont want it!"

It was Slash and Duff who delayed his plane thus causing the riot in Vancouver, it was Slash and Duff who secretly paid the sound guy at the VMA's to make Axl's ear monitor not work.

Axl's crediblity takes a hit when he tries to act like Slash and Duff have "Rewrote history to make him look bad"

Axl, u are a great frontman and one of the most talented songwriters and vocalist ever but please dont try to act like u are some great guy who has done no wrong.

Slash and Duff arent angels but Axl definitely isnt some innocent victim that lawsuit makes him out to be.

People, please, I repeat, this is most likely paraphrasing! ?My earlier post shows you words or sentences that could be construed to make these points.

Also, please, the jokes about VR guys sabotaging Axl...not funny. ?He hasn't blamed them for anything more than what was said in the darn briefing. ? Sad?

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #563 on: March 06, 2006, 07:37:19 PM »

Pretty sure this is designed to create a rift in VR just when Axl is about to go on tour again. Possibly hoping to further hasten a quick break up...as fast as possible!! And VR is known to have good live performences. Now that Axl is back, he doesnt want them seen together.

Another possibility is Axl is trying to keep Slash/old GNR fans away from his concerts by making this statement. Basically if you liked Slash and the old band, Axl doesnt want you at his show.
ZRO
Rocker

Does this look infected?

« Reply #564 on: March 06, 2006, 07:39:07 PM »

The thing that really makes this story such bullshit is the fact that.. what has Slash said about Axl since October 2005? All I've heard is positive things about how hes looking forward to Chinese Democracy.

In fact.. when has Slash EVER came out and said  negative things about Axl?

This is a publicity stunt, plain and simple.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #565 on: March 06, 2006, 07:39:56 PM »

I certainly don't recall this, unless I was intoxicated. You mean here on HTGTH...?
This right here is why people shouldnt pretend to be insiders, even just for a second. The truth always ends up biting you on the ass.

The Bedouin
Rocker

only god can judge me

« Reply #566 on: March 06, 2006, 07:40:10 PM »

Another possibility is Axl is trying to keep Slash/old GNR fans away from his concerts by making this statement. Basically if you liked Slash and the old band, Axl doesnt want you at his show.

well if that's true than the upcoming concerts will be very empty
SOLGER
Rocker

LIVE N? LET DIE

« Reply #567 on: March 06, 2006, 07:40:44 PM »

The thing that really makes this story such bullshit is the fact that.. what has Slash said about Axl since October 2005? All I've heard is positive things about how hes looking forward to Chinese Democracy.

In fact.. when has Slash EVER came out and said? negative things about Axl?

This is a publicity stunt, plain and simple.

Well even more sense it makes...he is kissing Axls ass so Axl wont tell what he told him!

Live N' Let Die
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #568 on: March 06, 2006, 07:40:54 PM »

Grow up Axl.....

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #569 on: March 06, 2006, 07:42:30 PM »

Pretty sure this is designed to create a rift in VR just when Axl is about to go on tour again. Possibly hoping to further hasten a quick break up...as fast as possible!! And VR is known to have good live performences. Now that Axl is back, he doesnt want them seen together.

I just love the G.W. Bush black or white logic. ?You're either a patriot or an evil-doer. ?Your 2 possibilities include 1) Axl trying to break up VR, or 2) Axl trying to drive attendance at his own shows down. ?Let's see, #1 involves destroying something called market synergy, and #2 would come from the most mentally-handicapped marketing mind ever known...sorry, neither reminds me of Axl Rose. ? ok

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #570 on: March 06, 2006, 07:42:48 PM »

Just when Axl was beginning to win back some respect through some solid material and positive statements, he resorts back to this garbage

For all those who have ever questioned who is at the heart of this rift, it is plainly laid out here, unquestionably

I cant believe that 1) he talks of his ex banmates like this ?in such a venemous fashion and so baltantly contradicts himself and 2), he has the audicity, like a 13 year old girl, to try and stir shit up with VR in such a way

I was starting to believe Axls ego was finally in check and he'd grown as a man - I guess I was wrong

Very disappointed and am back to the point where there is a very ?sour taste in my mouth regardless of how brilliant CD is ?Sad

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #571 on: March 06, 2006, 07:44:15 PM »

This right here is why people shouldnt pretend to be insiders, even just for a second. The truth always ends up biting you on the ass.

Go and retrieve the thread where I supposedly revealed "insider" knowledge about Slash being back in Guns...

I'd love to see it. Show me the money...
crazyfool
Headliner

You dig what i'm saying?

« Reply #572 on: March 06, 2006, 07:44:35 PM »

I will happily declare myself wrong if this is true. ?I have listened to many Slash/Duff interviews over the last 10 years and they have always chosen not to say anything directly negative about axl, instead letting the interviewer take any shots at rose. ?Listen to the VR Stern appeareance from '04. ?Howard is desperately trying to get them to talk shit about Axl and it just doesn't happen. ?Matt even says calls him a great front man. ?Even the time i met Matt Sorum, other people were trying to get him to talk shit about Axl...he made a few jokes...but didn't really say anything bad about him. ?Anyway, off on a tangent. ?The part about Slash manipulating the media to take his side...i just don't buy it. ?What has he ever done to be considered a mdeia manipulator? ?I recall him saying things like...."back when Guns was still cool" ...but thats just another way of saying "back when there was a band." ?Cause lets face it, what us hardcore fans do on a daily basis...like posting on this board or scouring the net for leaks of snippets of songs, or links of old rare songs....I mean, comon....put out a new album or officially retire the band. ?Please. ?This story is 100% fake. ?IMO. ?

But if it's true...f them for releasing this garbage and never releasing a statement explaining why i was stood up in Philly in 2002 as i waited to see Axl and GNR for the first time in my life. ?

12/6/02
5/12/06
5/14/06
11/10/06
4/9/16
6/26/16
green
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #573 on: March 06, 2006, 07:48:36 PM »

Man Slash has nowhere to go,nowhere to hide and i think what Slash said about Duff,Scott & Matt was true ...Axl is Stronger....Its TRUE its damn TRUE
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #574 on: March 06, 2006, 07:50:35 PM »

Man Slash has nowhere to go,nowhere to hide and i think what Slash said about Duff,Scott & Matt was true ...Axl is Stronger....Its TRUE its damn TRUE

Thank you Kurt Angle.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #575 on: March 06, 2006, 07:51:17 PM »

....Its TRUE its damn TRUE

You suck.
brownstone658
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #576 on: March 06, 2006, 07:51:57 PM »

I met Duff Mckagan once and my friend was wearing an Axl shirt and I made some joking gesture covering up the shirt and he said the shirt was cool and that Axl was cool.
Steel_Angel
« Reply #577 on: March 06, 2006, 07:53:11 PM »

I met Duff Mckagan once and my friend was wearing an Axl shirt and I made some joking gesture covering up the shirt and he said the shirt was cool and that Axl was cool.
and then you woke up? jk jk hihi
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #578 on: March 06, 2006, 07:53:17 PM »

thats cause duff HAS NO FUCKING SPINE!!!!

rofl

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #579 on: March 06, 2006, 07:54:04 PM »

Just when Axl was beginning to win back some respect through some solid material and positive statements, he resorts back to this garbage

For all those who have ever questioned who is at the heart of this rift, it is plainly laid out here, unquestionably

I cant believe that 1) he talks of his ex banmates like this ?in such a venemous fashion and so baltantly contradicts himself and 2), he has the audicity, like a 13 year old girl, to try and stir shit up with VR in such a way

I was starting to believe Axls ego was finally in check and he'd grown as a man - I guess I was wrong

Very disappointed and am back to the point where there is a very ?sour taste in my mouth regardless of how brilliant CD is ?Sad
Yeah, its pretty fucked up. Its quite obvious Axl does not learn from past mistakes. Jimmy, we were just talking recently about this incredible buzz, and how he was gonna use this to his advantage. Not a chance in hell. The buzz has just been killed. He was even getting some decent articles in the press. After all this time, Axl still has the 'Slash is up my ass' mentality. Shameful. ?

2002, Here we come!!!

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: