Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 01:45:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl - Legal Press Release
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl - Legal Press Release  (Read 124374 times)
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #480 on: March 06, 2006, 06:11:28 PM »

Well not caring about the guys who built your favorite band doesn't seem like hes much of a fan. You have to pay respect where respect is due.. I'ma  fan of VR but mroe of a fan of Axl.. I'm just not in the typical Axl can do no wrong and is the greatest ever type club.

Where is your respect for the band of today then?

I respect all the new guys. Its damn rough on them for takin part in the band. I'm just saying.. We cant forget or start to hate the former members just cause they disagree with Axl or shit in the media etc etc.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #481 on: March 06, 2006, 06:12:03 PM »

or how slash shaves his pubes.

he does? has merck , mysteron or sp1at confirmed this?

Well...

sp1at read my post and turned it into a news item on their page, so i i'll count that as a confirmation.

Mysteron is currently returning the wet/dry vac to the janitor's closet after cleaning up a nasty mess in one of Sanctuary's bathrooms. Maybe when he gets around to cleaning out Merck's trash tonight he will be able to dig up an answer for us.

Merck, meanwhile, issued a statement just to Jarmo saying: "While we can neither confirm nor deny the status of Slash's pubes, this development (perhaps somewhat surprisingly) may in fact allow Axl to take his pubic shaving to the next level. More details are expected to be announced in due course." Rumor has it that the original draft sent to Jarmo included the sentence "Slash is a poo-poo wee-wee head", but Jarmo self-edited it out.

lmfao. oh my ... that made me chuckle.

Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #482 on: March 06, 2006, 06:13:01 PM »

Well not caring about the guys who built your favorite band doesn't seem like hes much of a fan. You have to pay respect where respect is due.. I'ma ?fan of VR but mroe of a fan of Axl.. I'm just not in the typical Axl can do no wrong and is the greatest ever type club.

have you never had best friends back then in school or sth, and you parted ways and you dont care about them anymore? it's just like that.
i admit, i care about slash more then any other ex gunner, but that's it... people move on, things change. deal with it

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #483 on: March 06, 2006, 06:19:22 PM »

I wasn't referring to the lawsuit when I made my comment. I think management tends to look stupid when they speak through Mysteron.

How so?

He asked a question, management answered, he posted it and that makes them look stupid?

But when they won't say anything they also look stupid...

/jarmo

I think statements such as "When information is not provided everyone complains yet when detailed information is offered up there are a large number of people who try to second guess it" is stupid because we complain about the lack of information regarding Chinese Democracy. It just sounds like he has the attitude "well at least you got something so you should be happy with that."

He also has to realize people were second guessing the press release because it's strange that the press release that hits the wires is different from the press release that is hitting the fan sites.

That is only one thing of several things that came across as stupid to me.
Z
« Reply #484 on: March 06, 2006, 06:19:39 PM »

A response from Merck

Ooh-ooh, awesome...............something about when that fuckin record will be released. ?Oh I am so relieved. ?FINALLY!!!!

To be clear this is a counter claim and a result of them suing Axl not just once but twice.

k?? ?Well that's not the response I would have hoped for. ?More "nobody cares anymore bullshit"..........well, maybe in the coming sentences then??

When information is not provided everyone complains yet when detailed information is offered up there are a large number of people who try to second guess it.

Okay, so I don't recall getting any specific info on the leaks.....how did they happen.....you know, cool shit etc. ?Okay so I see one more sentence in the distance............maybe THEN we'll hear about Chinese Democracy. ?Maybe a fuckin........"no later than Rock in Rio".........or...........single next month..............

This will not delay the new album - quite the opposite - tying up these loose ends allows us to get on with it[/b]

Wow. ?I am literally shocked that yet another vague ass statement is made. ?Well you herd it folks........."No delay".

And there getting "on with it".

Well color me informed.
badapple81
« Reply #485 on: March 06, 2006, 06:23:45 PM »

IF true, it just shows that the GNR camp is still only interested in frying small fish, while ignoring the big ones. Axl, Merck, and Mysteron have perfected the art of killing a huge buzz. You perfected the art a little too late, because a buzz like the one recently killed wont be happening again anytime 'soon'.
All we can do is wait for a Slash comment-why did Axl release this now?
Because they have to keep playing games, and they have nothing better to do.

Well we thought that time was around Oh My God and RIR3 time, then around VMA time etc... then this buzz happened when the leaks came.. Axl can create the buzz and opportunity whenever he wants to, so the opportunity will come around when he wants it to.. after each buzz people say he missed the last window of opportunity etc but Axl can create one whenever he wants? peace
god of thunder
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #486 on: March 06, 2006, 06:25:03 PM »

From my point of view this is so low class:

1) When I first read the press release I immediately thought: "Oh my, another superlame excuse for not publishing CD...well it`s a bad world out there..." I really do have first doubts about a CD release and the tour in summer...

2) The writing of the press release was so poor; it actually looks like a press release directly from Axl...If he made a song of it it might have been way better Smiley

3) Can`t people just fucking get along? And if they don`t, why do they have to fight their battles on the back of the fans? I love Axl and his work with new GnR; I also like Slash and his guitarplaying, I have nothin against Duff....So why the fuck am I supposed to take sides now (which is definetely the intention of the "fan" version of the press release)? Can`t people just settle this out in court without whining and blaming and throwing shit on each other publically?

4) Why are people on this forum "happy" if this press release lets VR collapse? Even I really do not like the style, Slash must have done really something to harm Axl over the past few months. If he did not, then this press release and the paragraph about Slash talking shit about Matt,Duff and Scott is really very low class....(and completely senseless, because it really harms GnR and everybody involved looks really bad).

5) If the intention of the press conference was to clarify that there will be no reunion: THAN JUST FUCKING SAY IT! Oh and if you are already at the point of issuing press anouncments! Damn! Say something about releasing CD!

Sorry for all the strong language, but this really hit me out of the blue.

"This is for all the Guns n` fuckin Roses fans who stuck with us through all this fuckin` shit.....and to all those opposed!"
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 06:27:28 PM by god of thunder » Logged
Wicked Demon
Rocker

my post was Here Yesterday...

« Reply #487 on: March 06, 2006, 06:27:50 PM »

MTV article about lawsuit today:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1525498/20060306/guns_n_roses.jhtml?headlines=true

(the headlines=true part means it is all true) Smiley
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 06:29:59 PM by Tkkyj » Logged
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #488 on: March 06, 2006, 06:28:23 PM »

25 pages, this place never fails

I honestly don't believe it.. Saying something like that in a sober moment is highly unlikely plus teh strain this would put on his friendship between scott n the rest.. hasn't seen axl in 10 years and this is how he begins no
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #489 on: March 06, 2006, 06:31:23 PM »

I believe it.
I just never would have thought Slash would talk about Duff that way. Sourm?  hihi I can see that though.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
badapple81
« Reply #490 on: March 06, 2006, 06:31:59 PM »

I honestly don't believe it.. Saying something like that in a sober moment is highly unlikely plus teh strain this would put on his friendship between scott n the rest.. hasn't seen axl in 10 years and this is how he begins no

25 pages.. well at least the interest is still alive ?peace

I agree Mike.. it does sound weird doesn't it.. that he said he hadn't seen him in 10 years. Maybe he didn't want to bring it up and the stuff Slash said about his bandmates unless he had to because of how much shit would hit the fan with his bandmates. That's the only reason I can think of. It just seems weird Slash appearing on Axl's doorstep like that.
Z
« Reply #491 on: March 06, 2006, 06:33:09 PM »

Well...

sp1at read my post and turned it into a news item on their page, so i i'll count that as a confirmation.

Mysteron is currently returning the wet/dry vac to the janitor's closet after cleaning up a nasty mess in one of Sanctuary's bathrooms. Maybe when he gets around to cleaning out Merck's trash tonight he will be able to dig up an answer for us.

Merck, meanwhile, issued a statement just to Jarmo saying: "While we can neither confirm nor deny the status of Slash's pubes, this development (perhaps somewhat surprisingly) may in fact allow Axl to take his pubic shaving to the next level. More details are expected to be announced in due course." Rumor has it that the original draft sent to Jarmo included the sentence "Slash is a poo-poo wee-wee head", but Jarmo self-edited it out.

BEST post of the 21st Century   beer

LMMFAO
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #492 on: March 06, 2006, 06:34:38 PM »

It's not impossible though, could be a hangover.. could be a midlife crisis... could be any number of things that sent him to Axl's house.

I'm suprised how much blatant whining there is in this thread when there is a European tour headed our way in just over two months. ?The odds are very likely that there will be another press release that addresses the tour, the album and maybe the leaks very soon. ?So chill the fuck out.

Axl's biggest fans attack him more than the media. ?We get some leaks and everyone's talking about how talented the man is, then this comes out and everyone jumps all over him. ?Some people are flip flopping just like they're claiming Axl & Slash to be doing.
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #493 on: March 06, 2006, 06:37:15 PM »

MTV article about lawsuit today:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1525498/20060306/guns_n_roses.jhtml?headlines=true

(the headlines=true part means it is all true) Smiley

MTV reported last week that a demo of "The Blues" had leaked.

Case in point - they don't know shit.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #494 on: March 06, 2006, 06:37:34 PM »

I agree Mike.. it does sound weird doesn't it.. that he said he hadn't seen him in 10 years. Maybe he didn't want to bring it up and the stuff Slash said about his bandmates unless he had to because of how much shit would hit the fan with his bandmates. That's the only reason I can think of. It just seems weird Slash appearing on Axl's doorstep like that.

so slash strolled up during a lawsuit and axl allowed him in and said what's on your mind, or did he open the door ?and slash just started blurting out insults towards scott matt n duff while axl slammed the door while slash tried to hold the door with his foot
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #495 on: March 06, 2006, 06:38:26 PM »

It never ceases to amaze me how people worship Axl so much that they will believe anything.

Get off the koolaid and realize that if this report is true "which i am not sold it is" Axl is basically tryin to cause trouble and stir up shit in the Velvet Revolver camp.

Why would Slash come to his house and why would slash air how he felt about his band mates to Axl after 10 years of not speaking?

Most of that just seems tabloidish and totally off the wall but then again I am talkin bout the same people who believed that Jon Bon Jovi shit.

I love Axl as much as anyone else but sometimes I believe he could murder 10 people in cold blood and most the people on here would blame the murdered.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Z
« Reply #496 on: March 06, 2006, 06:40:07 PM »

Axl's biggest fans attack him more than the media. ?We get some leaks and everyone's talking about how talented the man is, then this comes out and everyone jumps all over him. ?Some people are flip flopping just like they're claiming Axl & Slash to be doing.

Bullshit!! ?A statement was expected and this is what we get.

They could have gave info on the single, album release date then came out with this neener-neener lawsuit related statement and none of us would have cared much.

Most of us have been in Axl's corner since the 2002 tour cancellation.

It's time to put up or shut up.

And fyi, the first 3 leaks came from a fan. ?
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #497 on: March 06, 2006, 06:40:35 PM »

so slash strolled up during a lawsuit and axl allowed him in and said what's on your mind, or did he open the door ?and slash just started blurting out insults towards scott matt n duff while axl slammed the door while slash tried to hold the door with his foot

Or did Axl refuse to let Slash enter, at which point he made Slash say those statements over an intercom which he recorded as "evidence" against him.

Slash: Can I come in
Axl: Say Scott is a fraud
Slash: What?
Axl: SAY SCOTT IS A FRAUD!
Slash: Alright, alright. Scott is a fraud. Can I come in now?
Axl: Say Duff has no spine
Slash: Fuck this
Wicked Demon
Rocker

my post was Here Yesterday...

« Reply #498 on: March 06, 2006, 06:40:48 PM »

Case in point - they don't know shit.

Heheh... they certainly don't seem to know what the M stands for in their own logo.

But their article did mention that a spokesperson for VR had no comment... "no comment", that's news, right?
HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #499 on: March 06, 2006, 06:41:42 PM »

25 pages.. well at least the interest is still alive  peace

so slash strolled up during a lawsuit and axl allowed him in and said what's on your mind, or did he open the door  and slash just started blurting out insults towards scott matt n duff while axl slammed the door while slash tried to hold the door with his foot

I don't think we should be speculating on how every last detail went down...
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: