Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 06:42:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl - Legal Press Release
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl - Legal Press Release  (Read 124688 times)
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #460 on: March 06, 2006, 05:50:58 PM »

A response from Merck

==========================================

To be clear this is a counter claim and a result of them suing Axl not just once but twice.

When information is not provided everyone complains yet when detailed information is offered up there are a large number of people who try to second guess it.

This will not delay the new album - quite the opposite - tying up these loose ends allows us to get on with it

I can't help but feel a bit stupid when reading these comments by management. Just like when Mysteron wanted us to go and bash some reporter for not liking the leaks. Geez, we're not 15 anymore.

I don't feel stupid but it surely makes them look stupid.

Stupid for issuing a press release as an answer to two lawsuits he feels are wrong?

They sued him for something that Axl's side says was a clerical error. Duff and Slash's lawsuit claims Axl was "suffering an apparent attack of arrogance and ego".

Now when he gets his side of the story out, he looks stupid?

/jarmo

I wasn't referring to the lawsuit when I made my comment. I think management tends to look stupid when they speak through Mysteron.

As far as the lawsuit goes, that is business. I am not bothered by that or Axl wanting to get his side of the story out. That bit about Slash visiting Axl's place, however, does look stupid because it really has nothing to do with the lawsuit or their accusations. It's just more pettiness. I was just hoping both sides had put all of that behind them but it was too good to be true.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #461 on: March 06, 2006, 05:51:57 PM »

I don't know why some of you people even try to defend slash, duff or any of the ex gunners for that matter. It's completely useless 85% of this forum is made up of people who start to drool when they hear the name Axl, some of them are just like those little tweens you see at Britney spears concerts. I think it's funny how naive some of you axl worshppers are hihi

And I don't know why some of you people even try to defend Axl. It's completely useless, 15% of this forum is made up of people who start to drool when they hear the name Slash, some of them are just like those little teens you see at Britney Spears concerts. I think it's funny how naive some of you Slash worshippers are hihi

A dead horse, perhaps?

This thread turned Dead horse When the first reply was posted

Well depending on the way you look at it, this forum could have one section...

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #462 on: March 06, 2006, 05:53:01 PM »

dont get me wrong, i loved them for what they have done, but what happened after that was just pure disappointment, especially from matt,who has been hired and given the gift to be in the best band in the world...
i dont care about them anymore... i only care about GNR

Then you are a fan of Axl Rose and not Guns N' Roses.

Then you are a fan of VR and Axl rose and not GN'Rs.

Brownstones saying he only cares about GNR.

Well not caring about the guys who built your favorite band doesn't seem like hes much of a fan. You have to pay respect where respect is due.. I'ma  fan of VR but mroe of a fan of Axl.. I'm just not in the typical Axl can do no wrong and is the greatest ever type club.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
ZhouGongjin
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #463 on: March 06, 2006, 05:53:09 PM »

This is why rock is dead/mortally wounded.. because of silly law suits. Can we get the Frivolous Lawsuit Panda in here please?

Furthermore, management think theyre so clever. Wink The purpose of this was to get people to stop pressuring the leakers.. So lets lock this thread and get back to trying to get leaks bitches.

Axl might be trying to fry small fish.. we, the fans, have to do the real work and go get that music Wink
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #464 on: March 06, 2006, 05:55:30 PM »

the only thing I found shocking about Slash was that the press release said he was sober

rofl

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #465 on: March 06, 2006, 05:56:27 PM »

my question IS....did Merck confirm Slashs visit to Axls home in oct. '05?

Depends if Axl wants him to confirm or deny it.

Comon! who else is telling it? confused
axlsalinger
Rocker

All I got, is precious time...

« Reply #466 on: March 06, 2006, 05:56:52 PM »

Guys just sit back with a bucket of popcorn and see what happens.

How about with a bucket of chicken?! ?hihi

My question about the Duff/$lash lawsuit has always been, if he(Axl) is ripping them off, how come Izzy and Steven etc aren't involved?

It seems fairly clear to me that Izzy extricated himself from this situation a long time ago, and hasn't looked back. And Steven is just a complete and utter moron, not too bright to begin with but now brain-damaged from drug abuse and STILL a junkie! Visit the recent interview and stories about him at Metal Sludge for verification.

It doesn't surprise me that much that Slash visited Axl, and I am sure that he was videotaped arriving (any celebrity should have state-of-the-art security because there are a lot of nutcases out there). His "comments" are fascinating, although obviously taken out of context. This does seem designed to throw a wrench into the Velvet Revolver machine, but then again I'm sure Axl would argue that's what those guys have been trying to do to his band for years.

Whatever was discussed, it seems that Slash promised to do something (probably end the lawsuits) and then reneged on it recently, which has set our Uncle Axl off down the path of 'strongly worded fax' yet again.

If CD is going to finally move forward, I think Axl is going to blame the delay on all this litigation, and this could be the beginning of that. Or he could disappear entirely for another 4 years. With W. Axl Rose, all bets are off. It is pretty sad that ALL of these guys can't just bury the hatchet, because in the end, it's just a waste of everyone's fucking ... time.

"Don't forget to call my lawyers with ridiculous demands!"

When all is said and done,
We're not the only ones,
Who look at life this way
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #467 on: March 06, 2006, 05:58:17 PM »

i just want someone who can write/record/sing good music.

is that too much to ask?

i don't care what color underwear axl is wearing today, or how slash shaves his pubes.

get this personal shit out of here and move it to the dead horse section. or at least append it to the thread on the lawsuits which already exists. ?Roll Eyes

and to think i was just getting encouraged that CD would come out soon...

now you know me better
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #468 on: March 06, 2006, 05:59:57 PM »

or how slash shaves his pubes.

he does? has merck , mysteron or sp1at confirmed this?

14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #469 on: March 06, 2006, 06:00:02 PM »

I'm so tired of the excuses. ?Why should this lawsuit or any other for that matter delay CD? ?That is why Axl has lawyers to handle this business. ?I hardly think that Axl's time spent consulting with his lawyers should hold up the release of the album. ?Is Merck saying that once these lawsuits are settled that all "loose ends" will be "tied up", and Axl can move on with finishing the album?  Can't these things happen concurrently?  For fuck's sake!!!! 
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 06:02:50 PM by 14 Yrs Of Silence » Logged

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #470 on: March 06, 2006, 06:01:45 PM »

I think madison might have...

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #471 on: March 06, 2006, 06:03:14 PM »

Maybe he wanted to replace BH?
Remember the bs his mate photographer posted in his diary and the fuss it brought on GNR fans?
I think m88 reported that Dizzy confided the repeated pressure put on GNR by the exguys.

Who trust a man who would visit his ex's to bitch about his present gf.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #472 on: March 06, 2006, 06:04:10 PM »

beer ?Cheers to everyone here who, like me, laughed at all the possible reunion talk nonsense. ?Can it be generally agreed upon now, even with the most die-hard of Slush fans, that old GNR is dead? ?Sometimes it takes something this "in your face" to see the light. ?

beer Cheers mates. ?Maybe everyone can finally move on! ? peace ?

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #473 on: March 06, 2006, 06:05:19 PM »

I wasn't referring to the lawsuit when I made my comment. I think management tends to look stupid when they speak through Mysteron.

How so?

He asked a question, management answered, he posted it and that makes them look stupid?

But when they won't say anything they also look stupid...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #474 on: March 06, 2006, 06:07:29 PM »

dont get me wrong, i loved them for what they have done, but what happened after that was just pure disappointment, especially from matt,who has been hired and given the gift to be in the best band in the world...
i dont care about them anymore... i only care about GNR

Then you are a fan of Axl Rose and not Guns N' Roses.

Then you are a fan of VR and Axl rose and not GN'Rs.

Brownstones saying he only cares about GNR.

Well not caring about the guys who built your favorite band doesn't seem like hes much of a fan. You have to pay respect where respect is due.. I'ma  fan of VR but mroe of a fan of Axl.. I'm just not in the typical Axl can do no wrong and is the greatest ever type club.

I'm in the same club your in BLS.   ok
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #475 on: March 06, 2006, 06:08:00 PM »

In October of 2005 Slash made an unannounced 5:30 AM visit to Axl Rose?s house. Not appearing to be under the influence, Slash came to inform Axl that: ?Duff was spineless,? ?Scott was a fraud,? that he ?hates Matt Sorum? and that in this ongoing war, contest or whatever anyone wants to call it that Slash has waged against Axl for the better part of 20 years, that Axl has proven himself ?the stronger.? Based on his conduct in showing up at Rose's home, Axl was hopeful that Slash would live up to his pronouncements that he wanted to end the war and move on with life. Unfortunately that did not prove to be the case.

This is almost as ridiculous as the Jon Bon Jovi is Jealous of Axl article. ?hihi

If it's true, then I take it back, but it seems really insane. It would make more sense if Slash were under the influence when/if he said those things. I'm sorry, it's just really, really hard to believe.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #476 on: March 06, 2006, 06:09:44 PM »

Where is your respect for the band of today then?
alexh0618
« Reply #477 on: March 06, 2006, 06:10:15 PM »

How so?

He asked a question, management answered, he posted it and that makes them look stupid?

But when they won't say anything they also look stupid...

/jarmo

Management looks stupid because people here are the only ones who get them to talk.
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #478 on: March 06, 2006, 06:10:27 PM »

Well...

sp1at read my post and turned it into a news item on their page, so i i'll count that as a confirmation.

Mysteron is currently returning the wet/dry vac to the janitor's closet after cleaning up a nasty mess in one of Sanctuary's bathrooms. Maybe when he gets around to cleaning out Merck's trash tonight he will be able to dig up an answer for us.

Merck, meanwhile, issued a statement just to Jarmo saying: "While we can neither confirm nor deny the status of Slash's pubes, this development (perhaps somewhat surprisingly) may in fact allow Axl to take his pubic shaving to the next level. More details are expected to be announced in due course." Rumor has it that the original draft sent to Jarmo included the sentence "Slash is a poo-poo wee-wee head", but Jarmo self-edited it out.

now you know me better
badapple81
« Reply #479 on: March 06, 2006, 06:10:53 PM »

I think madison might have...

hihi

I think the most important thing here is that it is NOT going to alter plans for the upcoming Rio and other dates. Have a bit of optimism those saying it'll be another AFD concert, another 10 years etc ?peace

I had a feeling something was wrong in the VR camp.

That part about Slash visiting Axl's house part is odd considering Axl said he hadn't seen him in a long time. Maybe he had to keep it to himself at the time.. who knows. Huess we'll find out when the other party responds.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: