Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:27:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl - Legal Press Release
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl - Legal Press Release  (Read 123473 times)
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2006, 01:10:01 PM »

I don't blame Axl for being pissed about the law suit in question though....I think Slash/Duff acted like dicks and could have just picked up the phone and asked someone why their checks were smaller instead of saying Axl is manipulating the situation and what not. 

Slash and Duff have been throwing Axl under the bus for 10 years and Axl has said nothing.

What are you talking about?  When they have been asked a question they answered it as honestly as possible.  They dont slander Axl, they say he is an amazing singer and he is very talented.  They acknowledge that they could not get along and make the band work.  If you want to talk about slandering lets look at the "Where is Slash?  He is up my ass" comments by Axl in shows started with the first NYE show.  So dont go around saying that "Axl has said nothing" because he certainly has. 

I think the up my ass comment has been taken out of context....I think it was more of a slam on the fan, and less on Slash.  The guy prob had a sign or t shirt saying "where is slash" and axl got pissed and said "hes up my ass, go home"

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
alternativemonkey
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2006, 01:10:29 PM »

crying Cry me a river!

For the love of god, Axl, when are you going to send out the press release for "Chinese Democracy" and the tour?

When he gets around to it.

How's that strategy working out?
SOLGER
Rocker

LIVE N? LET DIE

« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2006, 01:10:46 PM »

exactly..why was the vistit EDDITED out..? BULL- CRAP ?ok

Live N' Let Die
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2006, 01:11:18 PM »

I don't blame Axl for being pissed about the law suit in question though....I think Slash/Duff acted like dicks and could have just picked up the phone and asked someone why their checks were smaller instead of saying Axl is manipulating the situation and what not.?

Slash and Duff have been throwing Axl under the bus for 10 years and Axl has said nothing.

What are you talking about?? When they have been asked a question they answered it as honestly as possible.? They dont slander Axl, they say he is an amazing singer and he is very talented.? They acknowledge that they could not get along and make the band work.? If you want to talk about slandering lets look at the "Where is Slash?? He is up my ass" comments by Axl in shows started with the first NYE show.? So dont go around saying that "Axl has said nothing" because he certainly has.?

Nah, they have only been throwing lawsuits in Axls face and then delaying time after time. ?Not to mention the ASCAP lawsuit that could have been corrected with one phone call. ?Yea they have really been mature these past couple of years. Roll Eyes

Allman
The Flying Dutchman
Rocker

Rock N' Roll Jesus

« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2006, 01:11:33 PM »

One of the weirdest press releases I've ever seen, with and without the Slash comment.
With a summer tour coming it's strange timing.

Elvis has left the building
Thank you and goodnight
Elrothiel
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2006, 01:12:34 PM »

..... I don't know what to believe.

If its true, then WOW! If Slash said he hates Sorum and thinks Duff is spineless... well that might put SOME truth to the "Slash has replaced Buckethead" thing... I dunno, maybe I'm dreaming...

I guess I'll be happy whatever happens! ok

PS: OMG, 39 new replies have been posted while I was typing... Shocked well I did leave my comp for a li'l while!! Roll Eyes
Eric
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2006, 01:13:31 PM »

All we can do is wait for a Slash comment-why did Axl release this now?
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2006, 01:15:42 PM »

bullshit

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2006, 01:16:05 PM »

IF true, it just shows that the GNR camp is still only interested in frying small fish, while ignoring the big ones. Axl, Merck, and Mysteron have perfected the art of killing a huge buzz. You perfected the art a little too late, because a buzz like the one recently killed wont be happening again anytime 'soon'.
Because they have to keep playing games, and they have nothing better to do.

alternativemonkey
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2006, 01:16:11 PM »

Because he's just starting to line up the excuses for why CD won't come out this year and why he will have to cancel the tour.

Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2006, 01:17:01 PM »

The timing is strange, and I would think this could backfire in the public. ?People are tired of hearing from Axl's lawyers, even if his claims are legit. ?It just reinforces some of the negative attitudes towards Axl that are out in the public. ?I think what he is saying here is correct, but I just wonder how this plays out in the public realm of opinion.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2006, 01:17:46 PM »

The wire services self-edited the press release.

The full version is what I printed.
Eric
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2006, 01:17:49 PM »

I just called the number-it is the lawyer's office-do they realize how many phone calls they will get regarding this? Has anyone else called? I just said I had the wrong number.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2006, 01:18:37 PM »

It's just hit Blabbermouth.net  The shits hit the fan now. hihi

Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2006, 01:19:22 PM »

If Axl wants to get back at Slash, why not just just release the fucking music

Here today...ready to rock
manny
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2006, 01:19:30 PM »

The wire services self-edited the press release.

The full version is what I printed.

Does managment know you posted this? Meaning, did they tell you to post it?
thanks
alternativemonkey
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2006, 01:20:13 PM »

The timing is strange, and I would think this could backfire in the public. ?People are tired of hearing from Axl's lawyers, even if his claims are legit. ?It just reinforces some of the negative attitudes towards Axl that are out in the public. ?I think what he is saying here is correct, but I just wonder how this plays out in the public realm of opinion.

Who does Axl think he is talking to? Sending this out on the business wire . . . ? Do you think the President of GE is talking about this in the boardroom. There is no public that cares . . . no body except us idiots cares.

Next time, Axl . . . post your message on HTGH and don't waste other peoples fax machine paper.
RichardNixon
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2006, 01:20:39 PM »

I take Axl's side.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2006, 01:21:21 PM »

This is pretty gay...timing is bad, a press release about some lame lawsuit instead of a PR about a CD release?!?!?!  I don't get it.  And the bad mouthing is just insane.  I would also think the alledged convo between axl/slash was a private one, not one that was supposed to get out to the media/fans.  Thats crossing a line if you ask me. 

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Beowulf
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2006, 01:21:57 PM »

Mysteron ?-

Did you get the first version from a legitimate source? I suppose it's possible that someone could have made up the Slash paragraph and inserted it into the official press release simply to cause drama. ?Undecided

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: