Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:32:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl - Legal Press Release
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl - Legal Press Release  (Read 137864 times)
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #380 on: March 06, 2006, 04:49:16 PM »

A response from Merck

==========================================

To be clear this is a counter claim and a result of them suing Axl not just once but twice.

When information is not provided everyone complains yet when detailed information is offered up there are a large number of people who try to second guess it.

This will not delay the new album - quite the opposite - tying up these loose ends allows us to get on with it

Yeah.. We want DETAILED INFORMATION ON THE FUCKING BAND. Not a fucking law suit.

but it's nice to have some detailed info on anything.  I don't mind reading this  hihi  I think it's great to know what's going on in all aspects of GNR.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
mick
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #381 on: March 06, 2006, 04:49:42 PM »

A response from Merck

To be clear this is a counter claim and a result of them suing Axl not just once but twice.

When information is not provided everyone complains yet when detailed information is offered up there are a large number of people who try to second guess it.

This will not delay the new album - quite the opposite - tying up these loose ends allows us to get on with it

So that response was legit? I mean come fucking on, Slash came over to my house and called his bandmates names....

Even if it's true, that press release sounded like it was written by some middle school girl who is fueding with her classmates because she was dissed on the playground at recess....

Hire an attorney that has some writing skills and will keep you from coming off like a little TWAT Axl....

crying no
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #382 on: March 06, 2006, 04:49:50 PM »

I think Axl needs to get his story out to the public. He has stayed very quiet over the years; Weitzman has issued a statement concerning the second suit but few news organizations picked up the article. An Axl Rose statement is much bigger news and will no doubt go a long way to revive his repuation which has taken a hit over the years, both due to his own conduct and the actions and words of others.

But this isnt an Axl Rose statement any more than the first one.  Theres not a single Axl quote, its all told through an attorney.  And its certainly arguable that this will have any positive effect on his reputation...a better way to go would be to just win the lawsuit.  Or give a real Axl Rose statement, like the open letter in light of Bucketheads departure.  This is just another "Mr. Rose believes..." affair that I sincerely doubt will do anything but cement most peoples perception of Axl.

See jarmos post. This is the official Axl Rose statement.

Additionally, it is for the public to decide if this statement means anything to them. Axl apparently felt he had to release this. He has a right to express his opinion and we can choose to accept it or reject it.

I do think that this statement is a definate signal that Axl is determined to re-enter the mainstream. He is apparently very concerned about public perception.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #383 on: March 06, 2006, 04:50:05 PM »

While Slash very well may be pissed at his current bandmates, he wouldn't seek Axl out at his fortress and share this info with him, while currently being embroiled in a huge lawsuit with him. ?It's ridiculous. ?I can't believe how gullible people are that they actually believe this.
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #384 on: March 06, 2006, 04:50:43 PM »

Ok,

If I'd said this a year ago, noone would believe me. But now that I've read this... it seems so fuckin true.

A year ago, a person that I trust 100% on this (but I can't reveal the name, if you know me you know I'm telling the truth) told me that things at the VR camp don't seem so good.

Something that I saw for myself when I saw them here in Greece. Besides Dave (who was having the time of his life) everybody else seemed to be in their own world...
I believe you. There have rumors for a while now that the band hasn't been getting along. REmember Scott was pissed at Matt because he was having super orgy parties back stage and whatnot

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #385 on: March 06, 2006, 04:51:01 PM »

i like the last part

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #386 on: March 06, 2006, 04:51:37 PM »

This will not delay the new album - quite the opposite - tying up these loose ends allows us to get on with it[/b]

Good.
holidayidol
Rocker

« Reply #387 on: March 06, 2006, 04:51:59 PM »

I find it hard to believe anyone can go anywhere at 5:30am without being either drunk or stoned...

Knowing the hours that Axl keeps, I would imagine that this is when he would be most approachible.
SADIS
« Reply #388 on: March 06, 2006, 04:52:30 PM »

A response from Merck

I can't help but feel a bit stupid when reading these comments by management. Just like when Mysteron wanted us to go and bash some reporter for not liking the leaks. Geez, we're not 15 anymore.
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #389 on: March 06, 2006, 04:52:38 PM »

I get so sick of people whining on this messageboard: They'll complain about anything.

At least we got a response from Merck.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #390 on: March 06, 2006, 04:53:35 PM »

A response from Merck

I can't help but feel a bit stupid when reading these comments by management. Just like when Mysteron wanted us to go and bash some reporter for not liking the leaks. Geez, we're not 15 anymore.

I asked whether this would delay the album

That was the main worry here, and it was responded to
Steel_Angel
« Reply #391 on: March 06, 2006, 04:54:08 PM »

A response from Merck

Yeah.. We want DETAILED INFORMATION ON THE FUCKING BAND. Not a fucking law suit.
AFUCKINMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i dont even know why any of yall care about this crap. WE/I WANT A GOD DAMN SINGLE!
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #392 on: March 06, 2006, 04:54:57 PM »

I get so sick of people whining on this messageboard: They'll complain about anything.

At least we got a response from Merck.

ummm, I dunno. Merck's words don't mean much to me. I prefer Axl's once-a-decade statement to Merck's insightful nondenials denials.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
speed_stone
« Reply #393 on: March 06, 2006, 04:55:13 PM »

i feel bad for all the people reacting with "it's bullshit, they edited it, if this is true i fucked jenna jameson" and so on. no
hard to follow a liar like slash, isn't it.
looks like your little heroin addict music project is falling apart and axl once again proves himself as "the stronger".
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #394 on: March 06, 2006, 04:55:44 PM »

A response from Merck

I don't feel stupid but it surely makes them look stupid.
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #395 on: March 06, 2006, 04:56:15 PM »

A response from Merck

Thanks Mysteron...I like to hear any news that is related to Axl and him putting out an official statement. 

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #396 on: March 06, 2006, 04:57:43 PM »

I'd love to hear slashs reply to all this.  Shocked

HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #397 on: March 06, 2006, 04:58:06 PM »

Another press release, more Axl publicity, and more GnR publicity. Axl better release CD before the hype simmers down.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #398 on: March 06, 2006, 04:58:52 PM »

See jarmos post. This is the official Axl Rose statement.

I saw Jarmos post, which contained this headline:

8/29/05: W.Axl Rose Responds to Frivolous Copyright Suit by Former Guns N' Roses Members

As for Mercks response:

Looks familiar:

"In the meantime rather than dwelling on the negative, Guns will be moving forward and surprisingly (without giving away any details) this unfortunate set of circumstances may have given us the opportunity to take our recording that one extra step further. Regardless we hope to announce a release date within the next few months."

Lets hope its not another 2 years.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #399 on: March 06, 2006, 04:58:56 PM »

A response from Merck

Mysteron, thanks. ?There still are ALOT of people on this board who appreciate what you do. ok

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: