Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:44:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl - Legal Press Release
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl - Legal Press Release  (Read 137879 times)
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #300 on: March 06, 2006, 03:50:45 PM »

i belive it.

slash is a peice of shit.

so is duff.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #301 on: March 06, 2006, 03:51:13 PM »

I'm still looking for the purpose of this.

Is this supposed to stir up controversy/a response from slash/reignite the feud for publicity purposes?

I find it hard to believe that Axl decided he just wanted to moan about Slash and therefore released a statement like this.

Knowing how inflamatory this is going to be, he must have had a purpose behind it.

@#$%Funker
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #302 on: March 06, 2006, 03:51:24 PM »

This statement certainly contradicts Axls RS interview 2 months ago

I think Axl was generalizing here.

One, probably brief, conversation in ten years can be construed as "not spoken to Slash in ten years".

Either that or he didn't actually speak to him in October.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #303 on: March 06, 2006, 03:51:45 PM »

axl should have did his piece in btm, or at least did an authroized book if he feels like he is always getting cheated or his integrity is being knocked.. This is just another boring pile of shit that has lawyers doing the talking

axl freek with a name like that what else can one expect.. hihi
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #304 on: March 06, 2006, 03:52:02 PM »

I am going to go out on a limb and say 90% of Gnr fans are morons. peace peace Utter, complete idiots.

Do you fall in the 90%, or the 10%? hihi ?

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #305 on: March 06, 2006, 03:52:19 PM »

Axl regrets having to spend time and energy on these distractions but he has a responsibility to protect the Guns N? Roses legacy

I wish Axl was as interested in protecting Guns Legacy by releasing outstanding albums as he is litigating it. I guess when you have no desire to release an album though it is easier to dive into this stuff so at least you have an excuse when the questions fly about why we still have no music to listen to.

haha, your funny, axl obviously has two albums worth of material. Some demo's leaked remember? He just chooses to work on it longer so that when he releases it (one day..........far faaaaar away) we can enjoy it the way he meaned. Not because we desperately want to listen to it.

Exactly, as is explained in the press release:

He has fought to avoid the release of material that does not live up to the highest of standards demanded by the band?s history and it?s followers.

^ That's referring to us, and he is making sure we don't get an album where everyone's reponse is "Axl's been working on THIS?"

I think he is referring to the fact that Slash wanted Welcome to the jungle to be used on the soundtrack for "Poochie" ?Roll Eyes Grin

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #306 on: March 06, 2006, 03:53:26 PM »

Well I think the press statement should be read not in between the lines. All is said. It is what Axl feels. Now let the justice do all the talk. We should move on. It may be hard for those who hoped for reunion. Now it is finally clear it will (not) happen. Did I like OldGNR more then NuGNR? No. Did you? I don't know and I don't care, sorry. There is NuGNR forum, there is VR forum and there are bunch of other great places. I could only wish for now that NuGNR makes a place like NIN - 'The Spiral' or any other interaction site.

I wish all the people that are lucky enough to see NuGNR at this year's tour a lot of fun and some memorable moments. Also I wish to all that don't care anymore a lot of fun in life and some other memorable moments.

Yes I am fucking noob and yes I have said what i think. I know many will start flaming now. Good luck!

vee
-- a place called home until a better place is found
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #307 on: March 06, 2006, 03:54:13 PM »

One, probably brief, conversation in ten years can be construed as "not spoken to Slash in ten years".

I wasn't really meaning the 10 year comment, ?more the stuff Axl said about he also wanted people to know how much respect he had for him, or something along those lines.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #308 on: March 06, 2006, 03:55:46 PM »

In October of 2005 Slash made an unannounced 5:30 AM visit to Axl Rose?s house. Not appearing to be under the influence, Slash came to inform Axl

I dunno, Slash is up at 5.30 but is not drunk? This sounds like either a spontaneous drunken incident or a thought-out sober one.  And how does he know Slash wasn't drunk if he was only outside his house speaking on the intercom. Also, If this was a thought-out incident, he would have wanted to do a face-to-face thing. Sounds like Axl and Slash met up agreed to drop the lawsuit, Slash heard it was coming out in March (hence the comments about release dates in interviews)maybe heard some of the album and they were all friends again (hence the comments about each other in interviews soon afterwards).

But then two things happened: Slash started rambled on about the release date despite being told in strictest confidence, and Slash refused to drop lawsuit. Possibly because Duff disagreed with Slash. So Axl got pissed and this is revenge. 
Also, didn't Matt Sorum recently say he was writing songs with Duff but no mention of Slash? VR seem finished!

DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #309 on: March 06, 2006, 03:55:58 PM »

I'm not liking how everyone's trying to make excuses for Axl.

This is the most absurd thing I've read in quite a while, try to look at it from a non-GNR fan perspective.
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #310 on: March 06, 2006, 03:56:46 PM »

axl should have did his piece in btm, or at least did an authroized book if he feels like he is always getting cheated or his integrity is being knocked.. This is just another boring pile of shit that has lawyers doing the talking

axl freek with a name like that what else can one expect.. hihi

harhar  Grin

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
madagas
« Reply #311 on: March 06, 2006, 03:56:55 PM »

Thorazine, I find this whole thing comical....the press release, the lawsuits, the never ending posts between the same board members choosing sides.......and these same board members not having any idea what the real truth is...if there is any at all. Cry
McDuff
« Reply #312 on: March 06, 2006, 03:57:04 PM »

i belive it.

slash is a peice of shit.

so is duff.

nah,Slash and Duff aren't pieces of shit,just because you say that doesn't mean it's true.Slash is and was the best guitarist for Guns N' Roses,I don't give a shit what anyone says about that,everyone has their own fuckin' opinion
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #313 on: March 06, 2006, 03:57:53 PM »

I think S and D have been speaking through various friends and lawyers for the entire time thwey have been apart. ?there's too much money on the line for there not to be some sort of communication. ?Nah, I think something happened very recently that spurred all of theis.

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #314 on: March 06, 2006, 03:59:55 PM »

I think Axl needs to get his story out to the public. He has stayed very quiet over the years; Weitzman has issued a statement concerning the second suit but few news organizations picked up the article. An Axl Rose statement is much bigger news and will no doubt go a long way to revive his repuation which has taken a hit over the years, both due to his own conduct and the actions and words of others.

But this isnt an Axl Rose statement any more than the first one.  Theres not a single Axl quote, its all told through an attorney.  And its certainly arguable that this will have any positive effect on his reputation...a better way to go would be to just win the lawsuit.  Or give a real Axl Rose statement, like the open letter in light of Bucketheads departure.  This is just another "Mr. Rose believes..." affair that I sincerely doubt will do anything but cement most peoples perception of Axl.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 04:02:03 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #315 on: March 06, 2006, 04:00:52 PM »

Thorazine, I find this whole thing comical....the press release, the lawsuits, the never ending posts between the same board members choosing sides.......and these same board members not having any idea what the real truth is...if there is any at all. Cry

I hear ya.  But we've had to have something to do for the past few years. Cheesy

RitzWalker8
Rocker

I love my Pancreas!!!

« Reply #316 on: March 06, 2006, 04:00:57 PM »

Why do people keep commenting on that Axl should be scared about public backlash or somebody in Axl's camp should tell him he is wrong here. ?When will people get it that Axl does not care what other people think. ?Nobody!!!!! Not even his family. ?He doesn't care. ?He does what he wants. ?Hence, why the album is not out. ?Hence this statement. ?Hence he will do whatever the fucke he wants. ?He is renegade. ?And I understand it. ?I dig it. ?Don't change Axl if you are reading. ?Do what you feel is right by you.

Ritz Reeves III
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #317 on: March 06, 2006, 04:01:25 PM »

I just see it in very simple way. This far Slash has publicly talked stories about the GNR situation and past..Axl hasn't, now he got fed up and gave press release, simple as that.
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #318 on: March 06, 2006, 04:01:44 PM »

Rolling Stone may have paraphrased, as magazines do.

Axl may have said, "I've hardly spoken to Slash in ten years..." or "I've spoken very little to Slash in ten years..." or "I'm not sure if I've spoken to Slash in ten years..." etc etc etc....

Think of it that way and you'll realise how insignificant this point, which is basically semantics, truly is.

ZRO
Rocker

Does this look infected?

« Reply #319 on: March 06, 2006, 04:02:44 PM »

This whole argument is bullshit.

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20060306005917&newsLang=en

THAT is the actual press release. The part about Slash visiting Axl was added in by someone.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: