Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 09:10:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl - Legal Press Release
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl - Legal Press Release  (Read 124783 times)
Death Cube K
« Reply #220 on: March 06, 2006, 02:52:39 PM »

they get sued by mysteron

He might have to go to the other side of the galaxy to find work.

Maybe the Klingons will hire the man.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #221 on: March 06, 2006, 02:52:42 PM »

Do anyone know what happens to attorneys that post lies in press releases to the world?

Yes...life goes on.
shaun
« Reply #222 on: March 06, 2006, 02:53:08 PM »

Obviously he has the security gate video camera tape to prove that slash was there.

Yeah, right, that will be the day we see that.  Axl needs to back on the meds.

Maybe it'll show up on YouTube  hihi
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #223 on: March 06, 2006, 02:53:36 PM »

Do anyone know what happens to attorneys that post lies in press releases to the world?

the official press release doesn't have the bullshit drama in it. That was added later for forum fan consumption. news services dont "self edit" press releases like that. If they did, they would be out of the business fairly quickly.

madagas
« Reply #224 on: March 06, 2006, 02:54:07 PM »

Booker, either you are being a smartass or you didn't read the first fucking paragraph of the press release......the only paragraph of importance.
"
"W. Axl Rose, on Friday March 3, 2006 responded to one of Saul "Slash" Hudson's baseless lawsuits by filing a counterclaim asking the Federal Court to confirm his ownership of his own creative works. Slash and Michael ?Duff? McKagan had previously filed cases both in Federal Court and in the Los Angeles Superior Court making numerous false allegations about Axl. Mr. Rose believes that once apprised of the true facts the Judge or Jury deciding these lawsuits will rule in Axl?s favor on every issue before them."

And, yes, attorney's lie and bend the truth every fucking day of their professional lives.
Death Cube K
« Reply #225 on: March 06, 2006, 02:54:53 PM »

the official press release doesn't have the bullshit drama in it. That was added later for forum fan consumption. news services dont "self edit" press releases like that. If they did, they would be out of the business fairly quickly.

and how do you know?
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #226 on: March 06, 2006, 02:55:02 PM »

Their lawyer made a statement after the ASCAP lawsuit was filed. He called Axl a thief and defrauder.

So there was no press release for the first lawsuit.

I vaguely recall what youre referring to, but wasnt there a response from Merck or Axls attorney?

There was no statement by Axl or Slash's after the first lawsuit was filed, but the S&D brief was made available to the press. (Probably for legal reasons)

I do not recall a press release by Merck following the second lawsuit. Weitzman however issued a statement after the S&D press release, indicating that there was a mistake at ASCAP.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 03:00:33 PM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #227 on: March 06, 2006, 02:55:14 PM »

What a useless pile of shit!

That's gotta be the most pointless press release ever.

If anyone can tell me the actual goal of this, I'd be more than grateful.

I'm not gonna even debate what's true and what isn't. It's not worth it.

@#$%Funker
Death Cube K
« Reply #228 on: March 06, 2006, 02:57:33 PM »

And, yes, attorney's lie and bend the truth every fucking day of their professional lives.

If that thing proves to be a lie its a very stupid lie to make. Its so scandalous that they had to be very sure about it.
Its a very stupid lie to make if you wanna lie.

If youre gonna lie, bend the truth, hide it.

Not splash it in your face.
Sterlingdog
« Reply #229 on: March 06, 2006, 02:57:49 PM »

If I were to take a guess, I would say that the release was drafted by Axl. ?What I mean is, he probably wrote up what he wanted to say and then the lawyers cleaned it up and made it legal.

Also, I know some people are worried about delaying the cd with this, but I don't think that's the case. ?I think its more likely that Axl felt that if the lawsuit wasn't going to be dropped or thrown out quickly, he should respond publicly before moving on with the next stage, which would of course be the cd release. ?

As for if the Slash visit happened, my guess is yes. ?But Axl is rarely alone, right? ?Isn't Beta always there? ?Or maybe people we don't even know about. ?Slash could have spoken to anyone, it didn't have to be Axl. ?I don't think Axl would flat out lie, he's smart enough to know the legal consequences of that. ?And if he's crazy enough to hallucinate a whole person and conversation, ?I don't think he'd be out in public at all, certainly not 5 months later. ?

shaun
« Reply #230 on: March 06, 2006, 02:58:08 PM »

Maybe it's all designed to stop fan showing up at GnR shows wearing 'wheres Slash?' t-shirts  hihi
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #231 on: March 06, 2006, 02:58:12 PM »

Listen to this guy. ?ok

Then think some more about the stupidity and childishness of this.

@#$%Funker
Velvet Forever
Headliner

GNR Here Today...I hope someday in Hell...

« Reply #232 on: March 06, 2006, 02:58:57 PM »

it just strikes me as odd that this "press release" from mysteron is the only press release with this paragraph and on a Guns N Roses Board,

every other mention of this release does not have this paragraph.....

It would seem this individual is trying to cause some friction in VR and get the fans all worked up in a frenzy because there is no mention of this "Visit" in the other press releases made available to the public and the only people that would see this was members of GnR/VR boards that folow the band religiously

I got the same one Mysteron got....

/jarmo

I love your reply! Grin
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #233 on: March 06, 2006, 02:59:17 PM »

Who gives a fuck if Slash was there or not there.....that point has nothing to do with Axl's counterclaim against S/D'S lawsuit. You guys focus on the wrong shit. Axl and Slash aren't friends and never will be again-get over it. It's all petty bullshit among spoiled drama queens. Grin

I agree absolutely. But some people like to fuel the 'Axl is a liar' debate. Others like to condemn Axl whenever he stands up for himself. As I've said earlier, Slash and Duff have made statements through their attorney; this is Axl's response. Good for him.

They released a press statement about the lawsuit?

Their lawyer made a statement after the ASCAP lawsuit was filed. He called Axl a thief and defrauder.

actually, i did a news search on htgth for that quote and couldn't find it. i did find one quote from duff's lawyer, but it was nothing like that.

i think you're not remembering what happened correctly.

now you know me better
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #234 on: March 06, 2006, 03:01:42 PM »

So there was no press release for the first lawsuit.

I vaguely recall what youre referring to, but wasnt there a response from Merck or Axls attorney?

Press releases:

March 6th, 2006: Axl Rose Responds To Lawsuit

January 24th, 2006: Axl Lawsuit Press Release (About different case against car dealer)

August 29th, 2005: ?W.Axl Rose Responds to Frivolous Copyright Suit by Former Guns N' Roses Members

News article with quotes from Axl's lawyer:

August 26th, 2005: Duff & Slash vs Axl lawsuit comments

Other news articles:

August 23rd, 2005: Slash, Duff Sue Axl Over Guns N' Roses Publishing Royalties

February 1st, 2005: Axl Rose Publishing Deal Fuels Feud

May 4th, 2004: Former Guns N' Roses Members Fight for Control of Songs

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 03:10:30 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #235 on: March 06, 2006, 03:02:06 PM »

Who gives a fuck if Slash was there or not there.....that point has nothing to do with Axl's counterclaim against S/D'S lawsuit. You guys focus on the wrong shit. Axl and Slash aren't friends and never will be again-get over it. It's all petty bullshit among spoiled drama queens. Grin

I agree absolutely. But some people like to fuel the 'Axl is a liar' debate. Others like to condemn Axl whenever he stands up for himself. As I've said earlier, Slash and Duff have made statements through their attorney; this is Axl's response. Good for him.

They released a press statement about the lawsuit?

actually, i did a news search on htgth for that quote and couldn't find it. i did find one quote from duff's lawyer, but it was nothing like that.

just do a post check under Eva's name. ?She pinpointed a lot of the news/press releases in the legal thread.
xPhoeniX
Headliner

sh*t

« Reply #236 on: March 06, 2006, 03:02:37 PM »

At least Slash is on the same page as me ? in "hating" Matt Sorum. ? ? I love you Slash.. ? you just went up a notch in my book.

/memphis
Sterlingdog
« Reply #237 on: March 06, 2006, 03:03:22 PM »

No he's right. ?He may not have the exact word order, but it wasn't a nice press release at all. ?It said something about Axl having an attack of ego and wanting to deny the contributions of the others. ?I'll look for it, but usually someone on here can come up with this stuff faster than I can.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #238 on: March 06, 2006, 03:03:39 PM »

There was no statement after the first lawsuit, but the brief was made available to the press.

How was it made available to the press?  These things usually leak out through sources such as the Smokinggun.com, but I imagine you have something upon which to base that assertion.

I do not recall a press release by Merck following the second lawsuit. Weitzman issued a statement after the S&D press release, indicating that there was a mistake at ASCAP.

So when you said "Slash and Duff have made statements through their attorney; this is Axl's response," you really meant "Slash and Duff have made a statement through their attorney; this is Axls second response through his attorney"?  Just to be clear...youre acting as if poor Axl is finally standing up for himself when this would in fact be his second "response."

If anybody could post up that Slash and Duff press release, please do.  I cant find it.

AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #239 on: March 06, 2006, 03:04:27 PM »

this is the only one i can find with any comment by slash or duff's lawyers aside from their legal brief:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1437

"When the ASCAP check didn't come, we called and they looked into it," McKagan's lawyer, Glen Miskel, said. "We didn't know all the facts at first."

where does it say "theif" and "defrauder"

now you know me better
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: