Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 03:01:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl - Legal Press Release
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl - Legal Press Release  (Read 124403 times)
shaun
« Reply #180 on: March 06, 2006, 02:20:58 PM »

Mysteron- Answer this please:

Why did Axl say at the Korn party that he hadn't spoken to Slash in ten years. But in this new press release he says he spoke with Slash in October of '05?

Maybe Axl didn't talk, maybe Axl sat by while Slash spoke into a security box  Grin
gnrfan05
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #181 on: March 06, 2006, 02:21:20 PM »

Odd that just a month and-a-half ago, Axl hadnt spoken to Slash in 10 years.? Turns out it was only 4 months.? Some posters on here like to talk about "changing stories"...

What was it that happened between then and now that set this off?? The lawsuits been pending for 2 years or so now and it was only January that he said, in addition to not speaking to Slash for 10 years, "I love the guy."

By the way, did VR release a press statement for their lawsuit?

In all fairness, the press release never said that Axl and Slash spoke.? What Slash said could have been picked up by security cameras/microphones, or Axl could just have sat there and listened to what Slash said without responding.?

And, yes, smeagol2124 is right, there's no way Axl's lawyer would allow this press release to come out without proof to back up what was written.? He's a lawyer, for Christ's sake.

Ali

Right.. and lawyers never lie.

I never said that lawyers never lie.? This lawyer is part of a very big and very well-known firm.? I don't think he would risk tarnishing his reputation and therefore damaging his business by putting his name on a press release that contains information he knew to be unfounded.

Ali

Are you kidding me? He works for Axl! If Axl calls him and says, "hey slash came over and we swam in my pool and cried together and watched DVD's now issue a press release" he has to. He can ADVISE his client one way or the other but when it comes down to it he's Axl's employee. When Axl says jump he says how high. It isn?t his job to uncover the truth, he isn?t a detective he is a representative for Axl in the legal realm. If the comments cause a legal shit show he's happy as a clam he the one on the clock defending Axl, its in his best interest.
RitzWalker8
Rocker

I love my Pancreas!!!

« Reply #182 on: March 06, 2006, 02:23:33 PM »

you can't handle the truth!!!

Ritz Reeves III
Z
« Reply #183 on: March 06, 2006, 02:23:57 PM »

Mysteron- Answer this please:

Why did Axl say at the Korn party that he hadn't spoken to Slash in ten years. But in this new press release he says he spoke with Slash in October of '05?

Myseron=Scott Clelon (sp?)

I'm gonna take off the kid gloves...

Stop screwing with us. Tell your boss that the fans are fed up with this shit. Give us answers damnit!

Thank you.

Exactly. ?It shoud be appreciated that we all stuck around since 2002 regardless if it was Clear Channel's bullying tactics that caused the cancellation of the tour.

A statement was never released........ misleading the masses to believe that it was Axl's fault.

So here we are.......still here in support.

WE ARE READY FOR THE MUSIC
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #184 on: March 06, 2006, 02:24:32 PM »

In all fairness, the press release never said that Axl and Slash spoke.  What Slash said could have been picked up by security cameras/microphones, or Axl could just have sat there and listened to what Slash said without responding. 

Thats suspending a lot of disbelief, isnt it?

For over 10 years Slash, a consummate press, photo and media opportunist and manipulator, has attacked Axl Rose on a number of levels.

Some examples wouldve been helpful.  Without any, it seems like pretty hollow rhetoric - coming from a guy who said "Slash has lied about nearly everything and anything to nearly everyone and anyone. It's who he is. It's what he does." 

I recall a lot of conspiracy theorists speaking up when news of Slash and Duffs lawsuit first surfaced.  It was alleged that, despite not speaking about it publicly or releasing a press statement, the lawsuit was staged for publicity.  Well, two whole years later during Axls resurgence, we see that hes filing his own lawsuit - complete with press release.  Somehow, I dont see the same enthusiasm for conspiracy theories from those same individuals. 

My view is this - arent these all arguments that could have been made in court?  If the evidence is so strong, or the initial case is so flimsy, it appears Axl would win.  What does releasing a press release thats tantamount to a temper tantrum and making these sensational allegations accomplish, other than for what many would speculate its intended to do - create tension among the members of Velvet Revolver and make them look bad.  It seems awfully childish.  Its one thing to even say these things in an interview or in court (although I cant see the relevance), but to have a lawyer write it up and release it to the press is another.  Its a tough sell.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #185 on: March 06, 2006, 02:24:46 PM »

I guess the situation is... the paragraph about Slash showing up at Axl's house was intended to stir shit up in Velvet as a retaliation to Axl's "former friends doing everything possible so that he could not be here today".

I suppose Axl's point of view is that they have been continously trying to break his band up behind the scenes, and he's tired of it.

Strange!
Mateoson
Rocker

Free Axl!

« Reply #186 on: March 06, 2006, 02:25:02 PM »

ok, gee thanks management for this great update! forgive me, but i don't give a fuck about the lawsuits. especially since they  (including axl) are all millionaires. bitch and mone somewhere else. how about a fuckin CD update merck? this shit is getting so lame.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #187 on: March 06, 2006, 02:25:33 PM »

Are we to TRULY believe that Slash said "axl, you're the stronger" basically admitting 'defeat', kissing Axl's ass and bowing down to him?  And are we TRULY to beleive he called Duff "spineless"??!?!?!?  His friend for around 20 years???  His bandmate

Yeah would you believe it?
Its not hard to imagine Somebody repeats himself after a decade+.

Why? What purpose does it serve? I thought you wanted to forget about the old, and usher in the new? All this shit does is bring the old band back into the mix. This band will never move forward, because Axl always has one foot in the past. VR is on shaky ground. Who cares?? What does that have to do with new GNR and CD?

What made you think that our knowing those things would change or stop anything, mate?

This may finally put an end to the ghosts impeding new GNR and CD.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #188 on: March 06, 2006, 02:26:23 PM »

Thats suspending a lot of disbelief, isnt it?

Not really. Izzy never made it past the gate, either.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #189 on: March 06, 2006, 02:29:38 PM »

Are we to TRULY believe that Slash said "axl, you're the stronger" basically admitting 'defeat', kissing Axl's ass and bowing down to him? And are we TRULY to beleive he called Duff "spineless"??!?!?!? His friend for around 20 years??? His bandmate

Yeah would you believe it?
Its not hard to imagine Somebody repeats himself after a decade+.

It's not impossible.  Maybe he had a really bad hangover after a week of drinking and this is what came out of him.  These guys have highs and lows like everybody else and they aren't always thinking about PR.
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #190 on: March 06, 2006, 02:30:25 PM »

Are we to TRULY believe that Slash said "axl, you're the stronger" basically admitting 'defeat', kissing Axl's ass and bowing down to him? ?And are we TRULY to beleive he called Duff "spineless"??!?!?!? ?His friend for around 20 years??? ?His bandmate

If I had to choose between Axl and Slash, I would pick Axl has my favourite. ?That being said, there is no way that I believe this. ?Something isn't right here. ?

No way, after ten years of not speaking, would Slash seek Axl out to bash his current band whom he's having at least a modicum of commercial success with. ?
madagas
« Reply #191 on: March 06, 2006, 02:34:58 PM »

Just for clarification, it appears that Axl filed the counterclaim on the second Slash/Duff lawsuit. Kiss
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #192 on: March 06, 2006, 02:35:06 PM »

10 pages and no one has mentioned this:

Haven't any of you ever hear the cliche that there is no such thing as bad press? ?I see this as the kickoff to the promotion of CD. ?One of the things that made GNR exciting in its hayday was the complete unpredictability and instability of the band and most notably its lead singer.

I think this press release will do exactly what it is intended to do...get folks who are not hardcore fans like us talking about GNR and Axl and will generate interest. ?I think this has less to do with any legal proceedings and more to do with publicity. ?Legally, there is absolutely nothing to be gained by releasing this press release. ?many of you have said it already...just handle this behind closed doors. ?What this actually does is spark interest in GNR/Axl and even VR.

I think this explains the inclusion of the Slash incident in one of the version.

I may be in left field, but with GNR, there has never been such a thing as bad press. ?remember the scandal about the lyrics in One ina Million? ?That only fueled interest at the time. ?Hope I'm right.

CC
axe
Rocker

« Reply #193 on: March 06, 2006, 02:35:38 PM »

I'm worried about our old pal Mysteron here. It can't be much fun to be the messenger when all the messages are like this one on this thread. And then everyone's jumping on him, too. Can't you ask them something even little bit more positive to share with us? There must be something nice, too, even if it's not the release date or tracklist or whatever!
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #194 on: March 06, 2006, 02:36:37 PM »

So its completely believable to you that despite not making it past the gate, Slash tore apart everybody in his current band to a second party and bopped off?  Its hard to believe that he ran down the list unprovoked.  Perhaps its telling that the press release left out such pertinent details.  Its also convenient that Slashs criticisms of Duff and Matt are identical to Axls.  I cant say that the scenarios impossible, but I cant see how anybody would say its likely...even such ardent Axl fans as yourself.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #195 on: March 06, 2006, 02:37:56 PM »

it just strikes me as odd that this "press release" from mysteron is the only press release with this paragraph and on a Guns N Roses Board,

every other mention of this release does not have this paragraph.....

It would seem this individual is trying to cause some friction in VR and get the fans all worked up in a frenzy because there is no mention of this "Visit" in the other press releases made available to the public and the only people that would see this was members of GnR/VR boards that folow the band religiously

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #196 on: March 06, 2006, 02:39:40 PM »

So its completely believable to you that despite not making it past the gate, Slash tore apart everybody in his current band to a second party and bopped off?  Its hard to believe that he ran down the list unprovoked.  Perhaps its telling that the press release left out such pertinent details.  Its also convenient that Slashs criticisms of Duff and Matt are identical to Axls.  I cant say that the scenarios impossible, but I cant see how anybody would say its likely...even such ardent Axl fans as yourself.

Is it believable to me that Slash talked to somebody at the gate? Yes

Is it possibile that he made some off the cuff comments about his new band? if he talked to someone that he was familiar with

Does the veracity of this Oct 2005 claim undermine Axl's position in the lawsuit? Not in the slightest.

Do I believe the story? yes, I think it is plausible.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #197 on: March 06, 2006, 02:39:54 PM »

Now that Axl has thrown this fight to the gutter, it will be interesting to see what type of response we get out of Slash in terms of "Supposed" meetings or encounters with Axl. He could just as easily starting trying to stir the nest within the New GNR the way it appears Axl has tried to do with VR.

Now that the gloves are completely off I hope we get a good response from Slash and company.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #198 on: March 06, 2006, 02:40:04 PM »

it just strikes me as odd that this "press release" from mysteron is the only press release with this paragraph and on a Guns N Roses Board,

every other mention of this release does not have this paragraph.....

It would seem this individual is trying to cause some friction in VR and get the fans all worked up in a frenzy because there is no mention of this "Visit" in the other press releases made available to the public and the only people that would see this was members of GnR/VR boards that folow the band religiously

I got the same one Mysteron got....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #199 on: March 06, 2006, 02:40:57 PM »

I'm guessing Axl had witnesses who saw Slash there, or some other kind of evidence, because that is some heavy shit he is saying. I hope he has somthing to back it up, because Slash ain't gonna let that one fly...

Obviously he has the security gate video camera tape to prove that slash was there.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: