Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 02:58:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl - Legal Press Release
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl - Legal Press Release  (Read 124401 times)
SOLGER
Rocker

LIVE N? LET DIE

« Reply #160 on: March 06, 2006, 02:12:12 PM »

mysteron, is this in anyway going to affect the release of CD ??

Mysteron could you give me this weeks winning lottery numbers..? ?rofl

Live N' Let Die
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #161 on: March 06, 2006, 02:12:16 PM »

Ever watched "the making of VR?" or whatever what it was called? "Vr behind the music??" dunno....but if you looked at how they picked their singer.........and how they talked and communicate to eachother........it wouldn't surprise me seeing that.............that slash went to axl's house and told how wacko Weiland is.........

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #162 on: March 06, 2006, 02:12:45 PM »

Can we rename this thread:

"The Velvet Revolver Obituary Thread"

no shit.

why does there always have to be some kinda soap opera type bs with this band?

boy, slash's career could be in the toilet now. Booted out of VR, Axl doesn't welcome him back to GnR, I guess we might be looking forward to Snakepit ver3.0
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 02:15:42 PM by 1badapple » Logged
snooze72
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #163 on: March 06, 2006, 02:13:04 PM »

Odd that just a month and-a-half ago, Axl hadnt spoken to Slash in 10 years.? Turns out it was only 4 months.? Some posters on here like to talk about "changing stories"...

What was it that happened between then and now that set this off?? The lawsuits been pending for 2 years or so now and it was only January that he said, in addition to not speaking to Slash for 10 years, "I love the guy."

By the way, did VR release a press statement for their lawsuit?

As I said in the MuchMusic interview thread, I was under the impression they had been speaking, or at least had spoken once. ?I also thought it was fairly recently. ?The October visit may not have been the only contact, but no, it doesn't confirm ?they spoke directly, the way its worded. ?Anyway, so much for those negotiations. ?This may be tricky business for management.
RichardNixon
« Reply #164 on: March 06, 2006, 02:13:24 PM »

Mysteron- Answer this please:

Why did Axl say at the Korn party that he hadn't spoken to Slash in ten years. But in this new press release he says he spoke with Slash in October of '05?

Myseron=Scott Clelon (sp?)

I'm gonna take off the kid gloves...

Stop screwing with us. Tell your boss that the fans are fed up with this shit. Give us answers damnit!

Thank you.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #165 on: March 06, 2006, 02:13:39 PM »

Odd that just a month and-a-half ago, Axl hadnt spoken to Slash in 10 years.  Turns out it was only 4 months.  Some posters on here like to talk about "changing stories"...

What was it that happened between then and now that set this off?  The lawsuits been pending for 2 years or so now and it was only January that he said, in addition to not speaking to Slash for 10 years, "I love the guy."

By the way, did VR release a press statement for their lawsuit?

In all fairness, the press release never said that Axl and Slash spoke.  What Slash said could have been picked up by security cameras/microphones, or Axl could just have sat there and listened to what Slash said without responding. 

And, yes, smeagol2124 is right, there's no way Axl's lawyer would allow this press release to come out without proof to back up what was written.  He's a lawyer, for Christ's sake.

Ali

Right.. and lawyers never lie.

I never said that lawyers never lie.  This lawyer is part of a very big and very well-known firm.  I don't think he would risk tarnishing his reputation and therefore damaging his business by putting his name on a press release that contains information he knew to be unfounded.

Ali

Absolutely, Slash and Duff had their chance. This is axl's response. I don't see any problem with what was said.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #166 on: March 06, 2006, 02:13:47 PM »

mysteron, is this in anyway going to affect the release of CD ??

Mysteron could you give me this weeks winning lottery numbers..? ?rofl

lol
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #167 on: March 06, 2006, 02:14:18 PM »

Big reverberations from this bomb...
Yeah I know. The countdown clock to 2007 just started.
Can we rename this thread:

"The Velvet Revolver Obituary Thread"
Or the 'soon is still not the word' thread.

dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #168 on: March 06, 2006, 02:15:25 PM »

Mysteron- Answer this please:

Why did Axl say at the Korn party that he hadn't spoken to Slash in ten years. But in this new press release he says he spoke with Slash in October of '05?

Myseron=Scott Clelon (sp?)

I'm gonna take off the kid gloves...

Stop screwing with us. Tell your boss that the fans are fed up with this shit. Give us answers damnit!

Thank you.

Ever stop and think that Slash and Axl both were playing the media?
RitzWalker8
Rocker

I love my Pancreas!!!

« Reply #169 on: March 06, 2006, 02:15:42 PM »

Maybe we will see the real celeberity death match. ?Gotta love the world of GNR. ?This is some exciting shit. ?I for one have followed this band from the begining. ?I have checked the internet everyday since 1995 for updates. ?So I love this. ?Atleast there is news more than once every year in half. ?And I could careless about VR, sorry. ?I love Axl, but he is crazy. ?I mean if you don't think he is crazy, then you need to get your head examined. ?And I support everything he does 100%. ?No questions asked. ?

Ritz Reeves III
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #170 on: March 06, 2006, 02:16:03 PM »

i doubt the wire service edited the press release...  management simply released two versions...   the part about slash visiting axl is directed towards duff, matt and scoot and not the press...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #171 on: March 06, 2006, 02:17:16 PM »

So, now we think axl is having strange flashbacks.

Well, crazy is crazy and just because Axl believes it to be true, doesn't mean it is. ?I don't think Slash ever thought he was engaging in a "war" with Axl, so for him to speak in those terms, seems odd.

Unless someone else corroborates the story that Slash was there, I call it a fabrication of madness.
SADIS
« Reply #172 on: March 06, 2006, 02:17:26 PM »

This is just plain sad. Man, I was really looking forward to the new album, and especially since Axl said those nice things about Slash.

This will make the main audience hate Axl even more since Slash is way more populair then him. It'[s sad man, this huge grey cloud over the enthisiasm I had for the new album these last few weeks....
SOLGER
Rocker

LIVE N? LET DIE

« Reply #173 on: March 06, 2006, 02:17:58 PM »

"I'm sure we'll find out in due time what really went on in that day in October 2005. "

WELL..here is my theory....a fan dressed up in a Slash costume went to Axls house that night..hey IT WAS HALOWWEEN!

Live N' Let Die
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #174 on: March 06, 2006, 02:19:06 PM »

Wasn't there an article on VR a little while ago that said Slash n' company were having problems with Scott's lack of stability or something like that?
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #175 on: March 06, 2006, 02:19:11 PM »

I'm guessing Axl had witnesses who saw Slash there, or some other kind of evidence, because that is some heavy shit he is saying. I hope he has somthing to back it up, because Slash ain't gonna let that one fly...
Eric
« Reply #176 on: March 06, 2006, 02:19:18 PM »

What does this press release have to do with release of CD? I don't get it.
TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #177 on: March 06, 2006, 02:19:31 PM »

All I'll say on the matter is, that's an incredibly badly and unprofessionally written press release, especially for a legal one, and reads more like it was written by someone sent to the headmaster's office... 'But, Sir, it was all Slash's fault and he called me names first.' I'd hate to think it's authentic.
shaun
« Reply #178 on: March 06, 2006, 02:19:33 PM »

*...Hudson and McKagan, by contrast, have told ever changing - and false - stories regarding the formation of the band and it?s history and believe that the band?s catalogue should be exploited without careful consideration - for the Guns N? Roses brand and their loyal audience - or Axl?s input as if it were fast food by anyone willing to pay for it.*

It kinda points towards, Slash and Duff would milk GnR for all it's worth. Maybe their getting short on ca$h  Grin
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #179 on: March 06, 2006, 02:19:48 PM »

Maybe we will see the real celeberity death match. ?Gotta love the world of GNR. ?This is some exciting shit. ?I for one have followed this band from the begining. ?I have checked the internet everyday since 1995 for updates. ?So I love this. ?Atleast there is news more than once every year in half. ?And I could careless about VR, sorry. ?I love Axl, but he is crazy. ?I mean if you don't think he is crazy, then you need to get your head examined. ?And I support everything he does 100%. ?No questions asked. ?

i agree, Axl is crazy. most geniuses are though, in some way or another. I've noticed he likes to sing about people being crazy too. You're crazy, Should've known you're crazy(from BETTER), if i thought that i was crazy (CITR). just an observation.

whoever mentioned the possibility of both Axl and Slash playing the press, you have a good point. guess we'll have to wait and see.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: