Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 12:21:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl - Legal Press Release
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl - Legal Press Release  (Read 124232 times)
shaun
« Reply #140 on: March 06, 2006, 02:03:52 PM »

-
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 02:51:26 PM by D0badog » Logged
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #141 on: March 06, 2006, 02:04:07 PM »

Odd that just a month and-a-half ago, Axl hadnt spoken to Slash in 10 years.  Turns out it was only 4 months.  Some posters on here like to talk about "changing stories"...

What was it that happened between then and now that set this off?  The lawsuits been pending for 2 years or so now and it was only January that he said, in addition to not speaking to Slash for 10 years, "I love the guy."

By the way, did VR release a press statement for their lawsuit?

In all fairness, the press release never said that Axl and Slash spoke.  What Slash said could have been picked up by security cameras/microphones, or Axl could just have sat there and listened to what Slash said without responding. 

And, yes, smeagol2124 is right, there's no way Axl's lawyer would allow this press release to come out without proof to back up what was written.  He's a lawyer, for Christ's sake.

Ali
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #142 on: March 06, 2006, 02:04:21 PM »

Mysteron...

Does Merck and Sanctuary stand by the paragraph regarding Slash's visit to Axl's house in October 2005...?

maybe they didn't put that in the "official" press release for a reason- legal liabilities and whatnot.

maybe by going through mysteron they wouldnt have to be held accountable for such a dumb statement. plausible deniability?

mysteron's gonna get sued Huh

No ?hihi

I have confirmation in writing.

Other people will have received the full press release as well.
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #143 on: March 06, 2006, 02:04:28 PM »

Mysteron...

Does Merck and Sanctuary stand by the paragraph regarding Slash's visit to Axl's house in October 2005...?

Yes

Shocked

The shit has hit the fan.

Big reverberations from this bomb...
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #144 on: March 06, 2006, 02:05:47 PM »

Odd that just a month and-a-half ago, Axl hadnt spoken to Slash in 10 years.? Turns out it was only 4 months.? Some posters on here like to talk about "changing stories"...

What was it that happened between then and now that set this off?? The lawsuits been pending for 2 years or so now and it was only January that he said, in addition to not speaking to Slash for 10 years, "I love the guy."

In all fairness, the press release never said that Axl and Slash spoke.? What Slash said could have been picked up by security cameras/microphones, or Axl could just have sat there and listened to what Slash said without responding.?

And, yes, smeagol2124 is right, there's no way Axl's lawyer would allow this press release to come out without proof to back up what was written.? He's a lawyer, for Christ's sake.

Ali

don't you find it interesting though that the official press release doesn't mention that, though?

i find it hard to believe a wire service would edit that part out.

it's not their business to critique press releases (unless there is something patently offensive in it- like "fuck" or "shit", but there wasnt)

now you know me better
Velvet Forever
Headliner

GNR Here Today...I hope someday in Hell...

« Reply #145 on: March 06, 2006, 02:05:53 PM »

hihi The war VR vs NGNR start now!
gnrfan05
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #146 on: March 06, 2006, 02:06:07 PM »

Odd that just a month and-a-half ago, Axl hadnt spoken to Slash in 10 years.? Turns out it was only 4 months.? Some posters on here like to talk about "changing stories"...

What was it that happened between then and now that set this off?? The lawsuits been pending for 2 years or so now and it was only January that he said, in addition to not speaking to Slash for 10 years, "I love the guy."

In all fairness, the press release never said that Axl and Slash spoke.? What Slash said could have been picked up by security cameras/microphones, or Axl could just have sat there and listened to what Slash said without responding.?

And, yes, smeagol2124 is right, there's no way Axl's lawyer would allow this press release to come out without proof to back up what was written.? He's a lawyer, for Christ's sake.

Ali

Right.. and lawyers never lie.
Francisco_Trento
« Reply #147 on: March 06, 2006, 02:06:18 PM »

Mysterion, could you tell us if we can expect another Axl Press Release soon?
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #148 on: March 06, 2006, 02:06:29 PM »

mysteron, is this in anyway going to affect the release of CD ??

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Megaguns
« Reply #149 on: March 06, 2006, 02:06:36 PM »

does anyone think this spells the near end of VR?
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #150 on: March 06, 2006, 02:07:18 PM »

Mysteron...

maybe they didn't put that in the "official" press release for a reason- legal liabilities and whatnot.

maybe by going through mysteron they wouldnt have to be held accountable for such a dumb statement. plausible deniability?

mysteron's gonna get sued Huh

No ?hihi

I have confirmation in writing.

Other people will have received the full press release as well.

in that case, i'm dissappointed... this is petty high school drama...

don't blame slash and duff when they respond to it..

now you know me better
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #151 on: March 06, 2006, 02:07:21 PM »

Odd that just a month and-a-half ago, Axl hadnt spoken to Slash in 10 years.  Turns out it was only 4 months.  Some posters on here like to talk about "changing stories"...

What was it that happened between then and now that set this off?  The lawsuits been pending for 2 years or so now and it was only January that he said, in addition to not speaking to Slash for 10 years, "I love the guy."

Absolutely reconciliable. Axl didn't say that he talked with Slash...

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #152 on: March 06, 2006, 02:07:58 PM »

hopefully..

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
shaun
« Reply #153 on: March 06, 2006, 02:08:46 PM »

I cannot see this stopping CD being released. Why should it, there is nothing in it putting Axl in a bad light. The section about Slash (assuming it is true) is simply a quote. If it is quote, it still don't put Axl in a bad light. It's a Slash problem and the whole issue appears to be a joint Duff and Slash problem.

CD Starts in some weeks time  beer beer beer
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #154 on: March 06, 2006, 02:09:14 PM »

In all fairness, the press release never said that Axl and Slash spoke.  What Slash said could have been picked up by security cameras/microphones, or Axl could just have sat there and listened to what Slash said without responding. 

And, yes, smeagol2124 is right, there's no way Axl's lawyer would allow this press release to come out without proof to back up what was written.  He's a lawyer, for Christ's sake.

Ali

Right.. and lawyers never lie.

I never said that lawyers never lie.  This lawyer is part of a very big and very well-known firm.  I don't think he would risk tarnishing his reputation and therefore damaging his business by putting his name on a press release that contains information he knew to be unfounded.

Ali
smeagol2124
Rocker

I will not go quietly

« Reply #155 on: March 06, 2006, 02:09:30 PM »

When your law firm is one of the top firms in the country and is likely billing upwards of a quarter of a billion dollars a year, no you don't lie. ?I have no reason as to why some places edited the release, but I am as sure as all hell that Axl's lawyer does indeed believe every word of that relase.
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #156 on: March 06, 2006, 02:09:38 PM »

hihi The war VR vs NGNR start now!

VR vs NuGNR hihi ... thanks Mysteron, Axl finally made a decent comment on Slash  Tongue

vee
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #157 on: March 06, 2006, 02:10:14 PM »

Interesting. Although I'm not too fond of the way that Axl is going about this with this statement, I've gotta say I'm on Axl's side in this one.

I'm sure we'll find out in due time what really went on in that day in October 2005.
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #158 on: March 06, 2006, 02:10:50 PM »

Can we rename this thread:

"The Velvet Revolver Obituary Thread"
patience26
Rocker

There`s someone in my head, but it?s not me...

« Reply #159 on: March 06, 2006, 02:11:37 PM »

If Slash really said that, what we are going to see is a war inside of VR!!

Rock on ? hihi

Blame it on the Falung Gong!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: