Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 08:58:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl - Legal Press Release
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl - Legal Press Release  (Read 123448 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1020 on: March 08, 2006, 12:51:00 PM »

Those statements of mine weren't really referring to Slash. I was more referring to the various sections of the fanbase, and hangers on around band members(axl's included) that love for this shit to drag on. Besides, this new Axl statement opens up a whole new can of worms. When I said for axl to "get in the ring", I was referring to album releases and successful tours, not lame press releases.

You didn't sound so to me in that post. Either to anyone including Axl perhaps.

And Axl followed your advice, I reckon, Wink as He hates us being fooled or harassed like poison.

GIGO is what pilferk said. Cheesy And then, Just use your head and find your inspiration

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #1021 on: March 08, 2006, 01:13:46 PM »

And Axl followed your advice, I reckon, Wink as He hates us being fooled or harassed like poison.
If Axl followed my advice, he did it in the wrong way. OK, we know there are alot of "haters". Whether you include former members as haters, well, that part is open to more debate. But, if you look at ALL the various people wanting him to fail(ex: so called fans, some of his own people, maybe a few media outlets, other rock stars,etc.), the way to go about shutting their mouths isn't a lame press release insulting Slash. Maybe Slash does hate Axl, but he has never said that publicly. The only former members to insult Axl publicly are Duff, Steven, and maybe to a certain extent Matt. The way to silence all his "critics" is to release this album that has become a pop culture joke. Even if former members, media, etc., give it bad reviews, so what? He will have proved that he could do it, and his enemies didnt "win". I see nothing positive being accomplished by his statement. In fact, it looks like he is giving himself a "free pass" to back out of his tour. The court date is right before Rio, and the cancellation statement has probably already been written. This time, instead of blaming BH, he now gets to blame Slash. crying crying

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #1022 on: March 08, 2006, 01:26:02 PM »

The court date is right before Rio, and the cancellation statement has probably already been written. This time, instead of blaming BH, he now gets to blame Slash

That is just baseless assumption.

The only former members to insult Axl publicly are Duff, Steven, and maybe to a certain extent Matt. The way to silence all his "critics" is to release this album that has become a pop culture joke.

And this appears to be the run up to Chinese Democracy. If it doesn't happen as a result of these dates, then you have a point.

I've noticed that when you and several others are asked to back up your claims, you always post this same message. Not a very compelling way to prove your point.

It depends on the point that someone is trying to make. Botaxl said that Axl was responsibile for takingS&D's money b/c he no doubt would have noticed the money flowing into his account and that both S&D had properly investigated the problem. Weitzman's statement contradicts both points; Axl never received any money and ASCAP corrected its own clerical error. This is why the statement is being cited.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1023 on: March 08, 2006, 01:35:39 PM »

James, look. why so many fans blame the leaving of S n D on Axl? Cos the media says so.
Who would tell a tell to the writers? William? 
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #1024 on: March 08, 2006, 01:43:12 PM »

James, look. why so many fans blame the leaving of S n D on Axl? Cos the media says so.
I'm not one of the people that puts the blame completely on Axl. I think they all played a part in the disintegration. It was obvious towards the end of the UYI tour and the release of TSI that there was major problems. The zero promotion of TSI, the Duff, Gilby, then Slash solo albums spoke volumes about the state of the band. In fact, Axl's unwillingness to do a solo album at that time might be looked at as him being more interested in doing GNR then the other guys were.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1025 on: March 08, 2006, 01:59:17 PM »

James do you really think it was my point or you are just evading the question?

If you don't want to hear Axl's say, fine. Don't read.

He's talking to us.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #1026 on: March 08, 2006, 02:13:17 PM »

you are just evading the question?
No, I'm not evading your question. I thought I kinda answered it with one of my last posts, but I guess not. I think the main reason fans blame Axl is for basically two reasons. Axl's hibernation, and the fact that EVERYONE ever associated with GNR have gone on and done things while Axl still hasn't released anything. In my opinion, those two things come down to mental issues, and not him being completely responsible for the breakup. I dont think "the media says so". Yeah, there has been a few biased articles in the past, but mostly the media has given him a free pass. They could have gotten alot more negative over the years, but they chose to ignore him instead. Which brings us back to this press release. When the fans are pretty much united behind him after finally getting to hear some of his material, and even the media starting to warm up to him again, why release such a negative statement? The trial starts in 2 months, and whatever issues he has with any former members can be dealt with there. He has ignored his fanbase for many years, so dont act like he immediately had to "speak to us". He could have done that in many different ways besides this, whether in interviews, statement to the fans, or doing so onstage at Rio.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1027 on: March 08, 2006, 02:37:46 PM »

Slash is a big gameplayer, he talks about how he admires Axl and wants to listen to Axl's album .why? because he wants to be portrayed as the good guy, people will think...oh that's so nice of Slash to say something like that...but they forget he is fucking suing Axl ?? wtf ?

That's exactly right. ?Actions can speak louder than words, and Slash is the one suing Axl. ?If the topic of New GN'R comes up in an interview, Slash could simply decline to comment about them until they've settled their legal issues. ?He doesn't, he wants to look like he's moved on so he talks up Axl's album. ?So Slash tries to hold Axl's band back behind the scenes and then says he can't wait for them to come out to the media?

I said it before, if it was anyone other than Slash that was suing Axl and at the same time talking about how excited he is for the album, everyone would love the fact that Axl was public airing them out and wondering "will Axl make a new rant during the concerts? I can't wait!"

To be fair I think slash duff and matt doing something big like starting vr and doing a real world tour helped axl since it refreshed the gnr name a bit and allowed interviewers to ask about or at least mention axl..  It would have been pretty boring if they played many countries not having any feelings on a band they came from and what was happening now.. The whole avoiding the questions would have been stupid..  You can have a lawsuit agains tsomeone and still respect their work or wha tthey are trying to do.. Or you can feel swindled about the name... if they feel they sold the name (their shares) years back and now realised what they did was fucked up I feel they should persue at least their parts of it.. Who knows what happened, axl could have been really hard to get onstage or in the studio because owning the name was so important to him so they did what they felt at the time was best for the band to fufill their obligations... being they were gnr at the time and important parts I'm sure they felt when gnr ended for whatever reason that it was going to end so who cared at the time who owned the name.. ANyways you can still like someone as a person but be agains tthem in a business sence..
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1028 on: March 08, 2006, 02:47:08 PM »

James,

I'm talking about the influence of the media over people and the use of it to certain people.
"Being Insane" is also a part of the media myth.
Don't say you're not influenced by the media.

He starts to communicate himself to us cos he's making a move.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 02:51:52 PM by ppbebe » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1029 on: March 08, 2006, 03:05:16 PM »

Is it weird that the press release Yahoo.com released said nothing bout Slash coming over at 5:30am?

The way that whole thing was worded made me believe someone planted that in there cause the grammar was terrible and made no sense whatsoever.

If it was in the actual release how come it wasnt in the yahoo release?

I am very happy Axl doesnt whore out the GNR catalog, makes me respect him more than anybody and Im definitely on his side with that.

Wasnt it Axl back in the 80's that announced the group "Poison" Broke up and caused a big thing about that?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #1030 on: March 08, 2006, 03:22:11 PM »

James,

I'm talking about the influence of the media over people and the use of it to certain people.
"Being Insane" is also a part of the media myth.
Don't say you're not influenced by the media.

He starts to communicate himself to us cos he's making a move.
I understand what you're saying, but dont agree with all of it, specifically your comment about his mental problems being a myth. Its obvious he has problems, and has admitted it in the past.
 Yes, the media has influence. The fans and GNR know this. Its why Axl can try and use it to his advantage(ex: this press release), and it will influence certain people. Its why Duff can say Axl didnt write anything on AFD. He knows the media will spread it and it will influence certain people. Whether it is truth or lie is insignificant. It spreads like wildfire and is a major contributor of what is going on now.
 This is why I wish Axl had taken a better approach. Lets say his comments against Slash are 100% accurate. What's the real purpose? Adding more flames to the already uncontrollable propoganda? Does the statements really further his cause? Is it just an attack against some things said in the past? Why now?
 I know he can play the media just like anyone else. I just question his motives for doing it at this particular time. He could have addressed the media and used these leaks to his advantage. He could have made a statement concerning his hopefully upbeat attitude about the upcoming tour. He could have mentioned something about this album. He didn't. The media can be used to your advantage in a positive way just as easily as using it in a negative way. He doesn't seem to realize this.

SOLGER
Rocker

LIVE N? LET DIE

« Reply #1031 on: March 08, 2006, 03:25:56 PM »

I am very happy Axl doesnt whore out the GNR catalog, makes me respect him more than anybody and Im definitely on his side with that.

what about Big Daddy and Cant hardly wait? thos are 2 movies not worth of GNR soundtrack.

Live N' Let Die
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1032 on: March 08, 2006, 03:33:29 PM »

what about Big Daddy and Cant hardly wait? thos are 2 movies not worth of GNR soundtrack.

they were two shit movies, but I loved the PC party scene made me think of school peace
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1033 on: March 08, 2006, 03:50:04 PM »

James two points

1) I haven't seen him really admitting the alleged mental thingy. Quote his own words. That would explain why he doesn't like to speak to the media.
BTW would you think I'm ill if I told you I'd been to my GP in Jan?

2) IMO he prefer not to promote himself unless necessary.
Now is the time to get rid of the ghosts of the past. Why? You know what I think.

cause the grammar was terrible and made no sense whatsoever.

Really? Then, maybe I wrote it.  hihi

No I think Axl wrote it. It makes perfect sense to me.

The following press release, which was sent earlier, is the official response from W. Axl Rose in regards to the lawsuits filed by Saul "Slash" Hudson and Michael "Duff" McKagan. A version of this release was also sent out over the Business Wire through the Entertainment Wire National with Trades, but was edited and did not contain all of the information intended. The attached release is the version that should be used in all reporting of Mr. Rose's reply to the lawsuits and all inquiries about this discrepancy should be directed to Mr. Howard Weitzman, Esq.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #1034 on: March 08, 2006, 04:03:13 PM »

James two points

1) I haven't seen him really admitting the alleged mental thingy. Quote his own words.
Well, I'm not gonna go digging through a shitload of articles for various Axl quotes. but I'm pretty sure he addressed the mental issue in his interview in Rolling Stone back in 1992. Although I have not seen him make recent comments on his mental status. He did make some remark about his state of mind during the 2002 tour, but it was more than likely a joke.
2) IMO he prefer not to promote himself unless necessary.
I think what he is doing now is unnecessary. He should have brought this up during the trial, instead of killing the positive buzz that surrounded him.

Now is the time to get rid of the ghosts of the past.
I agree. In fact, that line is from my old signature here: "Why allow the ghosts of your past determine what you can do today?" There's other ways to rid yourself of old ghosts than issuing a horrible press release that should have only included the mention of the countersuit and not the negative remarks towards Slash.
The following press release, which was sent earlier, is the official response from W. Axl Rose in regards to the lawsuits filed by Saul "Slash" Hudson and Michael "Duff" McKagan. A version of this release was also sent out over the Business Wire through the Entertainment Wire National with Trades, but was edited and did not contain all of the information intended. The attached release is the version that should be used in all reporting of Mr. Rose's reply to the lawsuits and all inquiries about this discrepancy should be directed to Mr. Howard Weitzman, Esq.
Who edited it? nervous BW didn't. They dont edit press releases. They would be sued consistently, and also be out of jobs.

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #1035 on: March 08, 2006, 04:08:41 PM »

Lets not get on the Mental issue.? By looking at his recent pics and him going out and having a good time has me thinking he is very stable.? I'm pretty sure he's bi-polar, but it seems to me he is medicated and in COMPLETE control.? So the mental issue is a moot point.? The 02 tour though seemed to be of a man who went manic and got in over his head.  Nah, Axls fine.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 04:10:34 PM by Thorazine Shuffle » Logged

Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1036 on: March 08, 2006, 04:13:25 PM »

By looking at his recent pics and him going out and having a good time has me thinking he is very stable.  I'm pretty sure he's bi-polar, but it seems to me he is medicated and in COMPLETE control.

Who says?  His rash of public appearances could have been the result of a manic high.  What goes up must come down.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #1037 on: March 08, 2006, 04:19:11 PM »

By looking at his recent pics and him going out and having a good time has me thinking he is very stable.? I'm pretty sure he's bi-polar, but it seems to me he is medicated and in COMPLETE control.

Who says?? His rash of public appearances could have been the result of a manic high.? What goes up must come down.

His calmness and politness with regards to his conversations he has had as well as that look in his eye.? I can't explain it, but I knew in 01 and 02 he was fighting certain things.? Axl looks calm and in control of himself now.

gnr_12
Rocker

Nothin' Lasts Forever...

« Reply #1038 on: March 08, 2006, 04:21:39 PM »

By looking at his recent pics and him going out and having a good time has me thinking he is very stable.  I'm pretty sure he's bi-polar, but it seems to me he is medicated and in COMPLETE control.

Who says?  His rash of public appearances could have been the result of a manic high.  What goes up must come down.

dude.. if u knew anything a bout axl this is not normal for him ... especially in recent years... even if he is bi polar.. he ust be medicated because otherwise your theory is that every 4 years he comes out of hibernation for a couple months and then goes away for another 3 or 4 years.. cummon man think about it... Axl has had a lot of shit go on in his life... he was once the biggest frontman in the world.. like the man had people worshipping him like he was god, he was proclaimed bigger than any front man before him.. now.. after statements like this are made... people start to milk him for what hes worth.. see his former girlfriends etc.. he might be innocent in everything that hes accused for... look at michael jackson.. who knows he might not have done all that hes been accused for.. and for all of this negative publicity he does not even reside in the states anymore.. congratulations there goes one of the best singers of all time.. lets hope the same does not happen with axl..

As you may have noticed.. the same thing seems to be happening with Eminem.. AKA Axl Version 2.0...

People are selfish fucks.. nothing is ever enough....

'Cause I see the storm getting closer
And the waves they get so high
Seems everything We've ever known's here
Why must it drift away and die

That goes for all you punks in the press, That want to start shit by printin' lies, Instead of the things we said, That means you, Andy Secher, Mick Wall ,Bob Guccione Jr.
Get In the Fuckin Ring Punks
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #1039 on: March 08, 2006, 04:24:02 PM »

If anyone is mental...its fucking us. All of us. Everyone on this board is fucking crazy. I'm not even talking about the perception the outsiders have of GNR fans.

Think about it. You think you are sane? You, you, you, fucking you in the back...you are all fucking nuts. I have have been a member of this board for a loooong fucking time...obviously this goes for me too. We are a bunch of crazy assholes who love and follow this mad fucking genius known as Axl and his band Guns N' Fucking Roses.

If Axl wasn't crazy, and he thought rationally, his music would be some gay fucking bore fest crap (like Bon Jovi). He's insane. And so are the rest of us for very obvious fucking reason.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: