Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 03:21:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl - Legal Press Release
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl - Legal Press Release  (Read 124083 times)
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #100 on: March 06, 2006, 01:45:39 PM »

I think Axl need's a new publicist. ?This back and forth vindictive crap is childish, at best. ?I posted the original press release, before Mysteron's, and it did not include the Slash bit. ?Why and the heck add that? ?Really, if you list the advantages of adding that, and the disadvantes, unless there is something I don't know, then that addition is completely counterproductive. ?I work in marketing, and this just brings more bad press. ?GNR is not at the stage where "all press is good press," they are at the stage where they need "good" press more than "bad" press. ?They are a household name, that does not need to be damaged anymore with petty, childish statements. ?I can't believe mgt. thought this was a good move.
Z
« Reply #101 on: March 06, 2006, 01:45:49 PM »

Tiresome bullshit.

What's the purpose of reporting Slash's words? ?To throw a wrench into the gears of Velvet Revolver??

Just move forward and let the music speak for itself. ?After hearing some glimpses of CD, enough said. ?

Sanctuary must be a little scared. ?The AP would not edit any parts of the release. ?The media loves drama. ?That bit about Slash was only meant to make it to certain areas so that Duff, Matt & Scott would hear it.

Release the fucking record. ?The smart business thing would have been to get the record out on the heels of the concert announcements and the demo leaks.

If Axl is to take the high road then it would be time to break away from "living within this fued". ?Does anybody really care about all this whining by grown men living the rock star dream??

crying ?Oh poor poor rockers going through such tough times ? crying

Seriously Mysteron, give these guys some real news. ?Prophets in sheep's clothing. ?Why don't you share the story about how Sanctuary leaked CITR through a board member after unsuccessfully trying to fish out all the demos not yet leaked.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #102 on: March 06, 2006, 01:46:03 PM »

You dont need Mysteron to answer that question. The answer is no. If anything positive was about to occur, they wouldn't waste time with this negative bullshit.

good point when it comes down to it........

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #103 on: March 06, 2006, 01:46:53 PM »

... looking forward to Slash's response...
shaun
« Reply #104 on: March 06, 2006, 01:47:22 PM »

...if all this is true, then VR are on very shaky ground. Slash could find himself bandless. Axl + the old gang getting back together is never going to happen. Izzy is now possibly the only ex gunner to re appear along side Axl.
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #105 on: March 06, 2006, 01:49:08 PM »

Mysteron ?-

Did you get the first version from a legitimate source? I suppose it's possible that someone could have made up the Slash paragraph and inserted it into the official press release simply to cause drama. ?Undecided

Check this link, it mentions the Slash part:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=49192

"This Melody Inside Of Me Still Searches For Solution"
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #106 on: March 06, 2006, 01:49:47 PM »

Does this mean the album is "not" coming out anytime soon, and this press release will be the "excuse?" ?I can just hear the press crap in the future: ?"Well, due to the continued lawsuit, and ongoing time it is consuming, the album cannot be finished at this time. ?Check gnronline for further updates. (MY hypothetical quote, not real)"
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #107 on: March 06, 2006, 01:49:51 PM »

I think someone inserted the bit about Slash coming to his residence at 5:30am and was a bit of "creative writing"

the original makes no mention
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #108 on: March 06, 2006, 01:50:47 PM »

Mysteron  -

Did you get the first version from a legitimate source? I suppose it's possible that someone could have made up the Slash paragraph and inserted it into the official press release simply to cause drama.  Undecided

Check this link, it mentions the Slash part:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=49192

Thats cause Blabbermouth prob just ripped it right off here.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #109 on: March 06, 2006, 01:51:28 PM »

Anyone else think Axl may have been hallucinating the Slash part.  It just rings high on the crazy meter for me.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #110 on: March 06, 2006, 01:51:50 PM »

Does this mean the album is "not" coming out anytime soon, and this press release will be the "excuse?" ?I can just hear the press crap in the future: ?"Well, due to the continued lawsuit, and ongoing time it is consuming, the album cannot be finished at this time. ?Check gnronline for further updates. (MY hypothetical quote, not real)"

I don't think this will have any impact on CD. It's a total seperate issue. ok

neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #111 on: March 06, 2006, 01:52:27 PM »

The wire services self-edited the press release.
Why would they edit out the most dramatic part of the statement? That makes no sense at all. Sounds like the drama was added for game playing purposes and to rile up the different sections of the fanbase.

because unless axl has the incident on tape , video/audio , whatever it's heresay and slash could say it's slander and again sue axl.

Obviously Axl would have the tapes of his security cameras to prove that slash was indeed there in October.

True (if he has cameras) but would the security tapes have Audio? I think that security cameras usually just have video?

"This Melody Inside Of Me Still Searches For Solution"
manny
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #112 on: March 06, 2006, 01:52:31 PM »

Anyone else think Axl may have been hallucinating the Slash part.? It just rings high on the crazy meter for me.

I thought the same, but a lawyer wouldn't add that if there were no evidence.
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #113 on: March 06, 2006, 01:54:11 PM »

So, now we think axl is having strange flashbacks.  Roll Eyes
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #114 on: March 06, 2006, 01:54:41 PM »

why would a newswire like businesswire self-edit a press release? that doesn't make sense- they put out the press release that you pay them to put out.

regardless, this is stupid and petty. aside from the lawsuit that slash and duff have filed, what have they publicly said that was negative towards gnr? i dont remember anything. this is just typical publicist spin and hyperbole. this should be dealt with in the courts (which is where slash and co have been dealing with it- have they made any public comments??). if the court thinks the case is baloney, they will drop it. so far- they haven't!

i do remember axl talking shit about slash/duff/izzy during the albany show in '02 though... cuz i was there.

cmon axl- this was unneccessary.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 01:56:13 PM by AxlGunner » Logged

now you know me better
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #115 on: March 06, 2006, 01:54:52 PM »

"at in this ongoing war, contest or whatever anyone wants to call it that Slash has waged against Axl for the better part of 20 years, that Axl has proven himself ?the stronger.? Based on his conduct in showing up at Rose's home, Axl was hopeful that Slash would live up to his pronouncements that he wanted to end the war and move on with life. Unfortunately that did not prove to be the case."

Are we to TRULY believe that Slash said "axl, you're the stronger" basically admitting 'defeat', kissing Axl's ass and bowing down to him?  And are we TRULY to beleive he called Duff "spineless"??!?!?!?  His friend for around 20 years???  His bandmate?

and then, him being hopeful they could "end the war and move on"  but "that did not prove the case"  is that b/c of the slash/duff law suit, or b/c Axl told him to fuck off?

Did it say that slash said that? No, it did not. So, don't imply that Slash said that.

Can you read dude?  It said Slash called Duff "spineless" and he said Axl was "the stronger".

What am I making up!??!?!  Reading is fundamental buddy.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Velvet Forever
Headliner

GNR Here Today...I hope someday in Hell...

« Reply #116 on: March 06, 2006, 01:55:16 PM »

CD won't be release now , how could you doubt it , anyway it's so funny , i'm gonna read it another time .
funny!
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #117 on: March 06, 2006, 01:55:22 PM »

In October of 2005 Slash made an unannounced 5:30 AM visit to Axl Rose?s house. Not appearing to be under the influence, Slash came to inform Axl that: ?Duff was spineless,? ?Scott was a fraud,? that he ?hates Matt Sorum? and that in this ongoing war, contest or whatever anyone wants to call it that Slash has waged against Axl for the better part of 20 years, that Axl has proven himself ?the stronger.? Based on his conduct in showing up at Rose's home, Axl was hopeful that Slash would live up to his pronouncements that he wanted to end the war and move on with life. Unfortunately that did not prove to be the case.

Very very interesting.

Damnit, I just woke up after a long night waiting for Uncle Axl. This is quite a counterattack against Slash.  Perhaps to plant a seed of discontent in the minds of VR just as Slash and Duff have slandered Axl in the press, especially by their own attornies. It could be a ploy but we have to wait and see if it is actually true.

Axl needed this response; he needs to counterattack and prove that the lawsuit is baseless and that he will fight it to the end.

For my money, this is the first in a series of actions that Axl will take as he proceeds back into the public realm. Take care of the dirty business first through the lawyer, then hit the fans with the blessed events.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Megaguns
« Reply #118 on: March 06, 2006, 01:56:03 PM »

I really couldnt give a fuck about this shit. Give us a CD statement. It seems more and more like GnR is a business and not a fukin Rock band, Things just shouldnt be this complicated.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #119 on: March 06, 2006, 01:56:19 PM »

Odd that just a month and-a-half ago, Axl hadnt spoken to Slash in 10 years.  Turns out it was only 4 months.  Some posters on here like to talk about "changing stories"...

What was it that happened between then and now that set this off?  The lawsuits been pending for 2 years or so now and it was only January that he said, in addition to not speaking to Slash for 10 years, "I love the guy."

By the way, did VR release a press statement for their lawsuit?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: