Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 10:18:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228116 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Oh My God"
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Oh My God"  (Read 63065 times)
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #120 on: March 09, 2006, 11:01:11 AM »

Cause GnR are not supposed to be "Industrial". Nobody wanted to wait that long for an Industrial song.

I am not saying it isn't good. People just wanted to see that GnR could exist without the band, this never helped instill the faith that GnR could be GnR without the original roster.

To rephrase Home Simpson...

"I like my beer cold, my GnR to rock loud and my homosexuals flaming."
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 11:05:32 AM by Oh My Choking Soul » Logged

McDuff
« Reply #121 on: March 09, 2006, 11:26:18 AM »

When i first heard this song i must honestly say I fucking hated it, but over time this song has grown on me and I like it quite a bit now.  Axl's voice sounds great on it too, gives hope for the new material ok

Yeah me too,when I first heard it I was like"What the hell is this shit"but then I listened to it over and over again,and now I like the song,it's cool,I love the lyrics,yeah it was different from what I was used to hearing from GN'R,I guess since I am a fan from way back,but I do like the songs alot now. peace
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #122 on: March 09, 2006, 12:42:11 PM »

OMG rocks live but the studio is a bit of a let down. the studio is like 5/10 but Axls voice is way better than on the live. The music on the live is like 20/10

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #123 on: March 09, 2006, 12:47:05 PM »

i prefer the studio version - wasnt sure first time I heard it - but after more listening - it drives along and played LOUD - I Love it! play it at download!
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #124 on: March 09, 2006, 02:04:07 PM »

ok.oh my god is great song and i love it,but with other production(no industrial,with production something like you could be mine) i think that would be much much better

I like it too but it's not one of my favourites. I'd rate it a 3 or 3.5 out of 5.

The only GN'R song that I don't like is Shotgun Blues.

"This Melody Inside Of Me Still Searches For Solution"
cubsfan77
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #125 on: March 09, 2006, 03:16:26 PM »

I watched the RIR performance of OMG and I think it was the best performance the band gave. Axl looks so fucking intense while singing it. And at the end where he just says "yooooouuuuuuu", that's vintage fucking GN'R.
chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #126 on: March 09, 2006, 05:32:21 PM »

I've always loved Oh My God, could be my favorite GN'R song at the moment. Right behind Catcher in the Rye that is.

They just thought Id know better. Better.
Z
« Reply #127 on: March 09, 2006, 09:32:57 PM »

Hearing the instrumental version of this song led me to appreciate Oh My God even more.

And the live version (Rock in Rio) with Buckethead playing changed the song for the better.

Has anybody else heard the instrumental version of Oh My God?
mr. moustache
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #128 on: March 09, 2006, 09:47:40 PM »

Hearing the instrumental version of this song led me to appreciate Oh My God even more.

And the live version (Rock in Rio) with Buckethead playing changed the song for the better.

Has anybody else heard the instrumental version of Oh My God?
I havn't but I'd like to
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #129 on: March 09, 2006, 09:49:49 PM »

I love OMG live. And I would be honestly bummed if they took it out of their set. It rocks live.

gnrevolution.com
fridayfan13
Rocker

« Reply #130 on: March 09, 2006, 10:13:11 PM »

i liked it, i really hope that they play it once or twice, knowing that us fans actually enjoy it.
mr_yoshimaroka
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #131 on: March 09, 2006, 10:23:17 PM »

OMG is great!
I gave it a spin after not having heard it in around 2 years. Still a great song but way overproduced; Peel away all the unnecessary sounds, fx and Paul Huge's solo and the song could really shine.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #132 on: March 09, 2006, 10:30:36 PM »

OMG is great!
I gave it a spin after not having heard it in around 2 years. Still a great song but way overproduced; Peel away all the unnecessary sounds, fx and Paul Huge's solo and the song could really shine.

That is not Pauls solo, its dave navarros

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
mr_yoshimaroka
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #133 on: March 09, 2006, 10:38:24 PM »

OMG is great!

That is not Pauls solo, its dave navarros

I meant the second solo, the second one is Paul.
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #134 on: March 09, 2006, 10:58:17 PM »

i love OMG, rockin kick ass song.

though i have to admit, the RIR3 OMG sounded horrrible.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
boston
Rocker

diytvrocks.com

« Reply #135 on: March 09, 2006, 11:08:35 PM »

OH MY GOD - SUCKED So BAD I WAS, AS A GNR FAN WAS EMBARESED BY IT, I AM SO GLAD IT IS IN THE PAST AND GNR HAVE MOVED ON AND AWAY FROM SHIT LIKE THIS, IF ONLY EVERYONE ELSE COULD FORGET ABOUT IT< IT SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKEDDDD

D.I.Y. TV SITE LINK

http://www.diytvrocks.com
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #136 on: March 10, 2006, 02:12:46 AM »

i love OMG, rockin kick ass song.

though i have to admit, the RIR3 OMG sounded horrrible.

exactly. the live versions were very poor. according to Vegas 01-12-29 and 01-12-31 reviews, these performances were better and the second one was flawless. too bad we don't have these bootlegs Embarrassed

mr self destruct
Headliner

That's not stardust on my feet

« Reply #137 on: June 10, 2006, 08:37:03 AM »

Who wants to hear the current band's version of this song?  yes

I know I do. I thought the original song had a helluva lot of potential, but wasn't like a " ready" song yet. We have seen with other new Gn'R tunes, that the songs have evolved much during the years and most of them have become better and better. I thought the live version of Oh my god in 2001 already sounded better than the one on End of days soundtrack.

I am curious that have Axl and co. worked more on this song or has it been already dumped. It would be shame, because I think this song rocks, and I would like to hear the current line-up play it!  Grin

Every time I see them makes me wish I had a gun.
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #138 on: June 10, 2006, 10:14:23 AM »

IMO because of axl's over reliance on the web boards CD will be full of second rate nu metal/UYI songs. Thats because he listens to people too much. "Industrially" produced?OMG type songs similar to the best UYI stuff would be graet and OMG is a great song! Far superior to NIN. They just make a noise. Theres no hooks! OMG is classic angry GNR at their best, just produced differently.

And for the folk who are refering to OMG as a demo - you are totally wrong. You do not put demos on major movie soundtracks.

C'mon people, just think a bit before posting, eh? It's common sense.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
Origen
« Reply #139 on: June 10, 2006, 10:19:47 AM »

And for the folk who are refering to OMG as a demo - you are totally wrong. You do not put demos on major movie soundtracks.

C'mon people, just think a bit before posting, eh? It's common sense.

Axl said himself the released version of OMG is more like a demo then a studio version because he wasn't finished working on it but the record company pushed him to release it the way it is.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: