Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 08:26:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Oh My God"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Oh My God"  (Read 62938 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #100 on: February 18, 2006, 12:46:11 AM »

i wonder what will happen with silkworms
They should leak Silkworms IMMEDIATELY!! Just go in the vault, grab it, and throw it in the internet garbage can. hihi

alexh0618
« Reply #101 on: February 18, 2006, 12:49:48 AM »

i wonder what will happen with silkworms
They should leak Silkworms IMMEDIATELY!! Just go in the vault, grab it, and throw it in the internet garbage can. hihi
And once it was leaked, we would have another full page filled with 10+ page threads.  rofl
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #102 on: March 02, 2006, 05:16:53 PM »

i was listening to OH MY GOD today and i thought,if this song had axls voice style like in the demo BETTER,would it have been more successful.now i like this song,but i do find axls singing a little too muffled and hidden considering how well he sang on BETTER.i know a lot of you like the song but i feel the poeple who dont,would have liked it if axls vocals were as they are on BETTER.if it was rerecorded and put on a future album with the clearer vocals,would you guys have liked it then.your thoughts please  ok

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #103 on: March 02, 2006, 05:27:35 PM »

living dead walking around again.  Roll Eyes

//JK
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #104 on: March 02, 2006, 05:31:47 PM »

wow i was beaten to it.soz guys.ill use the search button properly next time  Embarrassed

boston
Rocker

diytvrocks.com

« Reply #105 on: March 02, 2006, 05:37:20 PM »

I hope Axl has figured things out since then and CHIN DEM is nothing at all like it, the fact that Silkworms will not be on the record, probably says this already

D.I.Y. TV SITE LINK

http://www.diytvrocks.com
plasmabeam
Rocker

"There livin' fast and they'll die young!"

« Reply #106 on: March 02, 2006, 05:38:42 PM »

I don't care what people say or how different OMG is... it kicks ass as far as I'm concerned. ?ok

I've worked too hard for my illusions
Just to throw them all away
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #107 on: March 02, 2006, 05:59:45 PM »

This song is barely filler material.  I can't believe some of you like it that much.  I hope Axl learned his lesson that this type of music is not how he should reintroduce GNR to the world.....

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #108 on: March 02, 2006, 07:20:35 PM »

"Oh My God"  is a good song??   rofl  rofl  rofl       "My world"   and that song are neck and neck  for the worst song  in GNR history   or rock history for that matter.   I think Axl released it as a joke  .  I don't think there is anyway he actually thought that shit was good.    Vanilla Ice could probably have written a better song than "Oh my God'.
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #109 on: March 02, 2006, 07:29:01 PM »

Swingtrader, just because you don't like the industrial sound doesn't mean that Oh My God and My World aren't good songs.  Open your eyes and try to expierence muisc that's not considered "the norm.".

Oh My God is a fantastic track, very industrial.. I can't believe that Axl could write a song like that.  It took me a while to get used to calling it a Gn'R song, but IMO it's a fantastic Gn'R song.  Not in my top 10, but probably in my top 20.  I'd love to hear more songs like this from Axl, but a whole albums worth.  I don't want like 2-3 of these songs on CD, I'd take CD being fully rock, the next album being a bridge to this type of sound, then the 3ed album being a kicking industrial album.

OMG is for sure a kick ass track Cool

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #110 on: March 02, 2006, 07:43:01 PM »

yeah OMG is a great song.but for those who didnt like it,try to imagine axls vocals on it sounding like them on BETTER.do you think you might like it then.its far from being a rubbish song,in fact its a good song,but i do wish i could hear it with axls vocals a lot clearer.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #111 on: March 02, 2006, 07:58:00 PM »

yeah OMG is a great song.but for those who didnt like it,try to imagine axls vocals on it sounding like them on BETTER.do you think you might like it then.its far from being a rubbish song,in fact its a good song,but i do wish i could hear it with axls vocals a lot clearer.

I think the majority of folks out there who weren't crazy about OMG, didn't have a huge problem with the vocals.  It was the choppiness of the music.  Very little flow.  I'm one of those people that found OMG tough to listen to very often.

Someone mentioned Silkworms?  Same problem, only 50 times worse.  Sad  If this song were to leak, it would be out the crotch sides of a non-absorbant adult diaper.  Dreadful.  To the folks in the U.K., is the word bollocks the correct term I'm looking for?  I'm a huge Guns fan, but this is My World level stuff.   Embarrassed    I'm pretty certain Axl & the gang have buried this stuff.   yes

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
speed_stone
« Reply #112 on: March 02, 2006, 08:00:30 PM »

great song, very unappreciated and underrated!
great rock tune, i loved it from the first time i heard it back in '99 smoking
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #113 on: March 02, 2006, 08:40:27 PM »

It raped my ears. Shocked

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #114 on: March 02, 2006, 08:44:38 PM »

I love this song live. Much more rocking...

Studio is good too.

Im surprised LESS people like this song.

gnrevolution.com
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #115 on: March 02, 2006, 08:58:56 PM »

Of all the new type of rock... oh my god is the best ok

This is exactly why I find myself in disagreement with 95% of all music reviews.
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #116 on: March 03, 2006, 04:24:18 PM »

I disagree with people who try to quote others but fail. It's hard to trust that much incompetency. hihi

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
shaun
« Reply #117 on: March 03, 2006, 04:38:55 PM »

Doubt OMG will be on CD as it was released years ago, not unless they have a new mix of it.

I didn't like OMG when i first lisnted to it. It has grown on me, although i will never really like the over distorted muffled annoying sound the overall song has to it. The lyrics are good. It would be good to hear the song performed without all the wizardry, just standard drums, electric guitars and singing through a standard mic. The song might sound alot more real and happening then  ok
Sagolik
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #118 on: March 03, 2006, 05:35:28 PM »

this is a kickass song.. listen to the studio version that is on "end of days" soundtrack insteed of the live version.. its surely one of the top5 new songs!  peace

"Well some say I'm lazy, And others say that's just me
Some say I'm crazy, I guess I'll always be"
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #119 on: March 04, 2006, 12:28:57 AM »

Doubt OMG will be on CD as it was released years ago, not unless they have a new mix of it.

I didn't like OMG when i first lisnted to it. It has grown on me, although i will never really like the over distorted muffled annoying sound the overall song has to it. The lyrics are good. It would be good to hear the song performed without all the wizardry, just standard drums, electric guitars and singing through a standard mic. The song might sound alot more real and happening then  ok

Check out the song played live @ RIR3. Its pretty much what you want.. a straight out rocker!

PM me if you need it

gnrevolution.com
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: