Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 08:10:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  its happening again
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: its happening again  (Read 7447 times)
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2006, 02:23:16 PM »

Does anyone really think theyre going to play at all 12 events?

Honestly, no. I don't think the album will be released prior and tour will struggle without people knowing the songs. Not sure how ticket sales will be either because of that. He skips out on 1 show, fans get pissed, plays a few more shows then bags the whole thing entirely. My guess is the record company gets soo fed up they just "leak" all the songs they can get their hands on to ruin Axl's masterpiece. Another lawsuit follows.

naah, i think he will show at all venues. BUT we sure as hell can expect some Axl Rose signature actions on those shows.....coming on late, ranting like a mofo, stopping the show early or plays an extra hour to piss off promoters.

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2006, 02:26:00 PM »

I almost can't believe anything until at least they all step on the stage and play rio and hear what is happening.. 12 different festivals/venues with bands that fans might not like axl from past stuff possibly heckling him... I hope all goes well so the album can come out and the tour of the states can begin..

To the original post I don't think it "really" matters when they release the album in regards to the hype.. I never heard any of the tracks on my local radio station, and most regular people don't know anything about new gnr so the ?hype hasn't really been lost .. it just sucks for us to be around the forum when the news we all expect to happen doesn't come.. The hype these leaks bring are mostly beneficial to the gnr fan community online..
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2006, 02:49:54 PM »

Come on guys... chill... do you expect Axl to come on here every day and give you a handjob or something?? nervous

A ton of summer dates have been announced... the band's starting to rehearse... Dizzy cancelled much of his tour.... Axl has finally answered Slash & Duff's civil complaint (and in the process once and for all killed the reunion talk- at least for now)... the ball is still rolling...

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2006, 02:59:02 PM »

Why not? GnR' hold the record for the longest world wide tour. 2 1/2 years.

GnR' are not coming back for 12 shows, but more like 2 years worth.
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2006, 03:25:34 PM »

As soon as Axl's management made that lame pussy lawsuit statement I think it kind of killed the buzz around here. It did for me anyways. It's been weeks since the tracks leaked, and days since gigs have been confirmed but not anything close to a press release from the GnR camp.

Weren't Paris and the Czech republic JUST confirmed yesterday/today?

We're getting tricklings every couple of days...

And therein lies the problem.

GNR Management should have done one of two things by now:

Scheduled the WHOLE tour, told promoters to keep quiet a few days, then announced it (European Tour)

or

Released a press release saying "GNR to Headline European Tour" with the 12 dates we have so far and a "more dates to be announced" comment.

See, other bands do that. They put out a press release with a partial list and confirm more dates later. That makes the whole thing look more professional, and not like something that might fall apart at the last minute.

I've been a huge supporter of the band, but the way this is being handled reeks of amateurism. You get no official comment from the band/management on the leaks - from the band, fine, but management should have said SOMETHING other than just C&D's and postings to webmasters. Something like "Those demos were from 12-2002, do not represent the finished product, blah blah" at the very least, or "Hell those are almost finished and we hope you like em."

Then there's no announcement of the shows from the band or its management.

Then there's the lame lawsuit press release, which should have been handled quietly.

Merck made some comment about fans bitching when we finally get news, but it's never been the lack of news that was the problem, but the lack of QUALITY, positive news.

The ball is dropping and unless Merck has a gold glove, it's pretty much out of grasp unless the album is gonna be released prior to June. The only thing that's going to rescue all the good karma the band got from Axl's public appearences and the leaks is a CD.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2006, 03:26:52 PM »

It's not all bad dude, just think of it,

May 27th to July 5th (so far) G'NR are going to be touring europe. I'm so excited!!!!!

And, I don't even live in Europe.

i heard they're touring until the 15th of july or even longer .so there's a lot more to come
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 03:29:10 PM by Brownstone » Logged

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2006, 03:30:45 PM »

Good point.  Dates are getting added and some people are acting like its 03 again.  The ball is rolling people.

Amen- and also, im very sure merck would have loved to announce everything at once-but tour negotiations have proved to be a lengthier process than anctipated (not surprising given 2001 and 2002z0. at least we're getting something!

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2006, 03:32:32 PM »

Why not? GnR' hold the record for the longest world wide tour. 2 1/2 years.

GnR' are not coming back for 12 shows, but more like 2 years worth.
\
you do realise that gnr doesn't exist anymore right?? During that time they were the biggest band in the world with tons of demand with two mega albums on their way or already had depending on the year.. Axl's been gone quite  along time he is older, he is so unpredictable that anything can set him off to destroy this... So yes he can do anything he wants, but what might happen is soemthing else..
gnr_12
Rocker

Nothin' Lasts Forever...

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2006, 03:33:45 PM »

Dont worry guys. GNR Wont dissapoint us this year...

That goes for all you punks in the press, That want to start shit by printin' lies, Instead of the things we said, That means you, Andy Secher, Mick Wall ,Bob Guccione Jr.
Get In the Fuckin Ring Punks
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2006, 03:47:06 PM »

Good point.  Dates are getting added and some people are acting like its 03 again.  The ball is rolling people.

Amen- and also, im very sure merck would have loved to announce everything at once-but tour negotiations have proved to be a lengthier process than anctipated (not surprising given 2001 and 2002z0. at least we're getting something!

FAKE!!! PRESS RELEASE:

Guns N' Roses are pleased to announce their first wide-scale tour of Europe in over a decade, commencing with a headlining gig at Rock in Rio V in Lisbon, Portugal on May 27th. Led by legendary frontman Axl Rose, the band will play a mixture of festivals and solo dates across the continent from late May into July.

Guns N' Roses broke onto the scene in the mid-1980s with the now classic hard-rock album "Appetite for Destruction," featuring hit singles like "Welcome to the Jungle" and "Paradise City." That album went on to sell over 15 million copies. Their feature-length follow-up, the twin albums "Use Your Illusion I" and "Use Your Illusion II", debuted at No. 2 and No. 1, respectively, the first time in history a band simultaneously released two albums into the top two spots on music charts. It produced an array of hits, from "Don't Cry" and "November Rain," the hard-hitting "You Could Be Mine" (featured in the film Terminator 2: Judgement Day), and the Paul McCartney cover "Live and Let Die."

With the release of the 13-year in the making Chinese Democracy drawing neigh, Guns N' Roses are pleased to announce the following dates:

Rock in Rio V - May 27th (Lisboa, Portugal)
Gods of Metal Festival - June 4th (Milan, Italy)
RDS Arena - June 9th (Dublin, Ireland)
Download Festival - June 11th (Donnington, England)
Sazka Arena - June 13th (Prague, Czech Republic)
Legia Stadium - June 15th (Warsaw, Poland)
Nova Rock Festival - June 17th (Burgenland, Austria)
Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy - June 20th (Paris, France)
Graspop Metal Meeting - June 24th (Dessel, Belgium)
Globen Arena - June 26th (Stockholm, Sweden)
Roskilde Festival - June 29th-July 2nd (Roskilde, Denmark)
Hartwall Arena - July 5th (Helsinki, Finland)

More dates will be announced shortly.

For information, contact:

Merck, lazy arse of a manager, care of Sanctuary.

How fucking difficult was that? Someone send that to Merck and tell him he's free to edit/spruce it up, e-mail it and fax it out to the press hounds, and voilla: fans will be satisfied.

That was a lame quicky job I did in five minutes... why is it so difficult for a professional to manage something similar (and better, since he's fucking paid).
eraser
Rocker

« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2006, 03:54:22 PM »

That was a lame quicky job I did in five minutes... why is it so difficult for a professional to manage something similar (and better, since he's fucking paid).

i guess merck is busy googling "guns and roses leak" to shut down some sites...

"Results 1 - 10 of about 230,000 for guns and roses leak"

that might take a while  hihi

pasnow
VIP

« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2006, 03:59:56 PM »

Ha-ha, that's funny Kyrie.. And no a bad job either. yes
speed_stone
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2006, 04:07:54 PM »

This Board was crazy for about 2 weeks, new leaks, album, axl. Now, it seems to be fading AGAIN. No OFFICIAL announcements, no album info, and back to hearing about bullshit lawsuits. It was 20 years ago, get the hell out of court, and release the album!

Sorry guys and gals, but I for one thought they would take advantage of all the new positive hype and we would hear something by now. If it is not released this year, than why release it all all?

whats funny is, that hours, days before the leaks and the Axl interviews, there was people here saying the same as U...? hihi

good point! ok
happenings in the gnr world always occur when you at least expect them to smoking
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2006, 04:20:59 PM »

I get so tired of these onrey-ass g'nr fans.  Roll Eyes
HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2006, 04:25:49 PM »

It's not all bad dude, just think of it,

May 27th to July 5th (so far) G'NR are going to be touring europe. I'm so excited!!!!!

And, I don't even live in Europe.

So? If the album's not released it'll all be old stuff.
gnr_12
Rocker

Nothin' Lasts Forever...

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2006, 04:27:35 PM »

no, they will still play new stuff... just wont be recieved as well as it should be if the Cd hit stores before the concert... but who knows... if it were a concert for all of us on HTGTH then im sure he could play all new songs and wed all prety much go nuts.. its the people who only listen to radio tunes that would be dissapointed..

That goes for all you punks in the press, That want to start shit by printin' lies, Instead of the things we said, That means you, Andy Secher, Mick Wall ,Bob Guccione Jr.
Get In the Fuckin Ring Punks
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2006, 04:28:10 PM »

not at all.....perhaps Donington and RiR
HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2006, 04:31:15 PM »

no, they will still play new stuff... just wont be recieved as well as it should be if the Cd hit stores before the concert... but who knows... if it were a concert for all of us on HTGTH then im sure he could play all new songs and wed all prety much go nuts.. its the people who only listen to radio tunes that would be dissapointed..

I think that's weak in general and a weak strategy. Why play new songs with no album? You'll just let the people hear the new stuff and it'll become stale when it's finally out. Well maybe not, but I still think the album being released before the tour is a better idea... They could use the tour to promote the album and make it huge.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2006, 04:33:37 PM »

I think that's weak in general and a weak strategy. Why play new songs with no album? You'll just let the people hear the new stuff and it'll become stale when it's finally out. Well maybe not, but I still think the album being released before the tour is a better idea... They could use the tour to promote the album and make it huge.
nah playing new stuff is the way to go, why would this band want to keep playing other people's music.. Eventually it just will appear to be some cover band with nothing new..Like the illusions tour you need to introduce music for the album
HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2006, 04:35:26 PM »

nah playing new stuff is the way to go, why would this band want to keep playing other people's music.. Eventually it just will appear to be some cover band with nothing new..Like the illusions tour you need to introduce music for the album

I agree, but I think if you're going to play new stuff, why not have an album out too?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: