Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 10:58:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What image are u expecting?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What image are u expecting?  (Read 23144 times)
Jonathan
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2006, 10:05:11 AM »

Hahahahahahahaha
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2006, 10:06:13 AM »

what the..

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
speed_stone
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2006, 10:08:58 AM »

Did he ever get the white paradise city jacket back?? Didn't a fan take it.

That jacket is in the HARD ROCK CAFE in Los Angeles City Walk.

You know I hope he just wear rock n roll clothes...enough with the hip-hop shit, I think Axl feels he owes black people an apology for One in a million....Never once back in the days did he mention he liked hip-hop besides that little rap from Ice T he did but just cause he partied with the guy and were friends. Its just not right to see him dressed like Busta Rhymes singing welcome to the jungle.

sorry to disappoint you but axl has always been a big rap fan, he even wore NWA hats on stage. he was a big fan of them. axl was into hip hop before most people were, and he dresses and looks how he feel is comfortable so enough with the stereotypes. if you wanna have a closed mind then fine, but don't drag axl into that.
shaun
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2006, 10:11:13 AM »

With all the running around the stage that A. does, i think it's about time he wore a cape. I want a Guns N'Roses cape!  Grin

...i draw the line at wearing pants without trousers though  Grin

On a more serious note (although i do like the cape idea) i thought the leather jackets with UK and REBEL on looked very stage like and worked well.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 10:18:46 AM by D0badog » Logged
Elrothiel
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2006, 12:24:59 PM »

Naked. (not really expecting it, but it should be)

drool

That'z all I'm gunna say... oooh yea!! Grin
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2006, 12:46:36 PM »

There might be 2 of those jackets than, because there is one in the Hard Rock Orlando Citywalk also

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
SOLGER
Rocker

LIVE N? LET DIE

« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2006, 01:28:16 PM »

You know I hope he just wear rock n roll clothes...enough with the hip-hop shit, I think Axl feels he owes black people an apology for One in a million....Never once back in the days did he mention he liked hip-hop besides that little rap from Ice T he did but just cause he partied with the guy and were friends. Its just not right to see him dressed like Busta Rhymes singing welcome to the jungle.

sorry to disappoint you but axl has always been a big rap fan, he even wore NWA hats on stage. he was a big fan of them. axl was into hip hop before most people were, and he dresses and looks how he feel is comfortable so enough with the stereotypes. if you wanna have a closed mind then fine, but don't drag axl into that.

oh yeah? then why didnt he dress like M C Hammer in the early 90's? If he likes soooo much baggy clothes. A NWA hat is alright but not the whole XXXXXXX LARGE hip- hop crap fashion (im not being close minded here almost EVERYONE in this forum dont like that ) he is Axl Rose...KING OF ROCK..and If you dont see that then I dont know what you are doing here.

Live N' Let Die
speed_stone
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2006, 01:30:25 PM »

oh yeah? then why didnt he dress like M C Hammer in the early 90's? If he likes soooo much baggy clothes. A NWA hat is alright but not the whole XXXXXXX LARGE hip- hop crap fashion (im not being close minded here almost EVERYONE in this forum dont like that ) he is Axl Rose...KING OF ROCK..and If you dont see that then I dont know what you are doing here.

just fuck off, i've been a guns fan for 16 years and i'm not about to take shit from anyone.
of course i see that he is the king of rock, what the hell is the matter with you?
just calm the fuck down, and accept that some people like his current style. deal with it.
muffinass
Headliner

I'm a muffin!

« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2006, 09:07:02 PM »

...i feel like i'm venturing in a sea of hungry and annoyed sharks, but here it goes (early posts)...
  I just came back from watching the Oklahoma concert, and after attending the 2002 Toronto show (i've never seen GNR in the old formation), there's something fairly 'depressing' about the new band's look (and implicitly axl's behaviour).
  The leaks for me show a much more mature, individual sound (solos aside, i still feel that axl had control over song structure, composition, etc), and in some ways I can't picture the same attitude on axl's part being showcased on the stage like it was in the 90s.
  After watching the toronto show...axl's approach to the old material is nostalgic/melancholic but at the same time imperfect (he doesn't do the same runs, etc). Age IS a factor, obviously, but he still tries to live up to his old image I think.
  So for me, the live show as much as it was an amazing experience, wasn't what i was expecting (for obvious reasons).
  What I'm trying to say is that I really hope Axl finds a way to invoke a stage presence that reflects the solidity/maturity of the new material (he already has in a way...being static and playfully 'pivoting' around). Yet my biggest hope is that the band members try to get a band 'look' happening, otherwise it will still feel like a cut-and-paste of a hired-musicians group (the talent, contribution to the material is undeniable, i'm referring only to the image of the band). Axl's look/stage presence/behaviour was complemented by the otehr members onstage in the 90s, and bringing that back just doesn't work with a group of musicians that don't share a similar 'aesthetic'.
  ...my first two cents for this board so far  Smiley

Nov.15th, Air Canada Center !!!
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2006, 09:34:46 PM »

How about this one:

hihi thats too funny

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
GNRBABY
Rocker

I'm on you like white on rice mutha fucka!

« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2006, 10:06:06 PM »

During the new tour? Will it be the jersey stuff again or maybe old school type thing or something completely different?

peace

Hopefully not jerseys. I prefered the shirts he wore in Rio 2001 over the 2002 BIG clothes look.

Liar! You should be banned!!  rant
muffinass
Headliner

I'm a muffin!

« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2006, 10:12:39 PM »

How about this one:

hihi thats too funny
^^^^^  looks eerily like aphex twin...

Nov.15th, Air Canada Center !!!
Bono
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2006, 10:30:48 PM »

During the new tour? Will it be the jersey stuff again or maybe old school type thing or something completely different?

peace

I thik Axl should go with the RIR 2001 look. I thought he looked cool there. Modern but still Axl. At first I didn't care one way or the other about the jerseys and braids but it's gotta go. The goatee has got to go as well. Just my opinion but Axl could wear a clown suit for all I care just give us good music man! peace
SOLGER
Rocker

LIVE N? LET DIE

« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2006, 10:37:06 PM »

just fuck off, i've been a guns fan for 16 years and i'm not about to take shit from anyone.
of course i see that he is the king of rock, what the hell is the matter with you?
just calm the fuck down, and accept that some people like his current style. deal with it.

you fuck off, obviously you cant see shit.. blind FUCK!

Live N' Let Die
Bono
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2006, 10:46:38 PM »

you fuck off, obviously you cant see shit.. blind FUCK!

This whole conversation is hilarious rofl rofl
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2006, 11:17:27 PM »

i just want to see him in normal cloths  Undecided

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2006, 11:26:26 PM »

Remember...no insulting others.  If you need to refresh your memory, go back and read the rules thread.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2006, 11:27:36 PM »

i just want to see him in normal cloths? Undecided

Kinda like this?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
ElNonoPololo
Headliner

Here Today...I guess

« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2006, 11:40:47 PM »

Just personally, I?d like to see either the RIR 2001 or Vegas look or new, mature look.
I know, far-fetched... no ?Judging by recent pictures, this year we?ll get a modified version of the 2002 look.

?I hate the idea of a braided, hip-hop gear wearing Axl Rose. It?s almost too fucking ludicrous to be true, like something out of SNL. IMO, of course... I think it?s even more pathetic because he is 44 years old now, just too old to be running around in biker shorts or rocking in gangsta? clothes. He should lose the braids and get a fucking haircut. He should strive for a more sober look, one that still rocks. (Not a CEO Axl, thanks...) Who knows, maybe it will happen...

*flashback of gigantic rings in Axl fingers * ?nervous Nevermind... nervous

Of course, asking a rockstar to act his age is a little funny... hihi But I hope you get what I mean.

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!!
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2006, 10:47:48 PM »

When did Axl get the braids? Did he have em at the Hard Rock Cafe shows?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE