Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 10:39:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Waited 15 years for this? OH MY GOD........
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Waited 15 years for this? OH MY GOD........  (Read 13202 times)
axlrosehunny
Banned
Rocker

I like cake

« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2006, 07:06:10 PM »

It is up to par and its way beyond par. I think I know what the problem is. Axls new stuff is way too over your head
Bingo! You just hit the nail on the head! His/Her comments about axl writing this stuff at 9 years old proves that point. Alot of people(especially young people), are too young or just immature to what Axl is trying to convey in these songs, and these types of people are too closed minded to understand the songs, so they resort to bashing instead. Just stop responding to their shit, dave. If you dont give the loser haters any attention, they go away. Or they go to the VR section. Either way, we wont have to see them. ok

Well that joke went right over your head.. ? He was in his early 20"s when AFD came out, so if it took him 15 years to write better he would have had to have written it in rougly 1971. ?
This is Guns N Roses Version 2.0 and this is Axl Rose version 2.0

Axl Rose version 1.0 was a young buck with an attitude and a big chip on his shoulder that was having fun being young while riding the nightrain. While on that path he ruled the rock n roll world, did whatever the fuck he wanted, took now shit from anyone, and eventually loved and lost...in time he got a little older and a got a little wiser.... and I'm sure has mellowed out a lot since then.

Axl Rose version 2.0 has decided to let us hear about what he loved, what he lost and how he feels about it and if you ask me the lyrics on these new songs definitely show a lot older/wiser/mature Axl....

I love the new tracks... Axl is writing from his soul.... and there is nothing more beautiful than that.

I guess Novemeber rain, Estraged, SCOM etc... ? Where written useing some one elses soul?

Fact is Axl never really wrote any of the hard core songs, sure he wrote some, but the majority were written by the EX gunners. ? He hasnt grown up musically, he has always been there, he has grown out of touch.

Axl wrote WTTJ. You know that right? He also helped write nighttrain, out to get me, pc, your crazy, and wrote rocket queen.
so how did Axl not write any of the hard core songs? And that is just on AFD i didnt even go on to UYI

Read the above, where did I use the word any? ? Are you telling me that Axls focus hasnt always been for ballads and long Epic songs... ? Dont kid yourself any more

If you dont like me, blow me!
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2006, 07:06:35 PM »

axlrosehunny and torcida are gnr haters over at ebaumsworld.com

they have nothing better to do than bash new gnr and stallone forums  rofl trust me this is true.

That's why I was saying,  find another band , infact they could start a band together and call themselfs TA (Two Assholes} hihi

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2006, 07:08:38 PM »

You have heard SCOM right?
How many repeates are in that song?
You really need to get a clue. Its so sad.

Because Axl puts a chorus in his song you bash him for it, that is classic.
the "space" where he put the chorus in TWAT could have been better put to use, and if he evolved, then why is he going back to the AFD song counstruction?
SCOM is perfect as it is, and not one member of the forum will dispute that. while the situation around TWAT is diferent
(and I never said that twat sucks, it's better than most of the music out there today, but if it was on UYI, most of the people would't have noticed it)

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
axlrosehunny
Banned
Rocker

I like cake

« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2006, 07:08:58 PM »

they have nothing better to do than bash new gnr and stallone forums rofl trust me this is true.

That's why I was saying, find another band , infact they could start a band together and call themselfs TA (Two Assholes} hihi

Quote somthing I said. Axl wise. ?As being a hatter please
Izzy wrote patience..........

if you'r coming to troll gnr boards at least know your gnr history....

besides I liked patience anyway.
it was written by GUNS N ROSES. And if the new band is still called GUNS N ROSES, than I have the fucking right to compare it.

Izzt wrote patience.

Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2006, 07:09:25 PM »

They are entitled to their own opinion of the new material.

Axl doesn't need us to tell everyone the new guns n roses music is good, that will be proven when he is back on top of the rock n roll world sometime within the next 3-4 months. peace
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2006, 07:10:07 PM »

It is up to par and its way beyond par. I think I know what the problem is. Axls new stuff is way too over your head
Bingo! You just hit the nail on the head! His/Her comments about axl writing this stuff at 9 years old proves that point. Alot of people(especially young people), are too young or just immature to what Axl is trying to convey in these songs, and these types of people are too closed minded to understand the songs, so they resort to bashing instead. Just stop responding to their shit, dave. If you dont give the loser haters any attention, they go away. Or they go to the VR section. Either way, we wont have to see them. ok

Well that joke went right over your head.. ? He was in his early 20"s when AFD came out, so if it took him 15 years to write better he would have had to have written it in rougly 1971. ?

Axl Rose version 1.0 was a young buck with an attitude and a big chip on his shoulder that was having fun being young while riding the nightrain. While on that path he ruled the rock n roll world, did whatever the fuck he wanted, took now shit from anyone, and eventually loved and lost...in time he got a little older and a got a little wiser.... and I'm sure has mellowed out a lot since then.

Axl Rose version 2.0 has decided to let us hear about what he loved, what he lost and how he feels about it and if you ask me the lyrics on these new songs definitely show a lot older/wiser/mature Axl....

I love the new tracks... Axl is writing from his soul.... and there is nothing more beautiful than that.

I guess Novemeber rain, Estraged, SCOM etc... ? Where written useing some one elses soul?

Fact is Axl never really wrote any of the hard core songs, sure he wrote some, but the majority were written by the EX gunners. ? He hasnt grown up musically, he has always been there, he has grown out of touch.

Axl wrote WTTJ. You know that right? He also helped write nighttrain, out to get me, pc, your crazy, and wrote rocket queen.
so how did Axl not write any of the hard core songs? And that is just on AFD i didnt even go on to UYI

Read the above, where did I use the word any? ? Are you telling me that Axls focus hasnt always been for ballads and long Epic songs... ? Dont kid yourself any more

Your logic is flawed. So tell me since dont cry, nov rain, ycmb and back off bitch were put on UYI in 1991 did it take the old gnr 5 years to write those songs eventhough they were all written in 1985 and 1986? By your flaw logic yes it took them 6 years to write those songs ?Roll Eyes

You really need to go back and learn ?your gnr history.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Steel_Angel
« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2006, 07:10:34 PM »

Axl doesn't need us to tell everyone the new guns n roses music is good, that will be proven when he is back on top of the rock n roll world sometime within the next 3-4 months. peace
agreed

(finally last post in this thread)
Mustapha
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2006, 07:10:44 PM »

I think Axl is trying to be Freddie, from Queen.? ?That about it.

I hope the finished work is a lot more powerfull than this.

Axl also. sounds really "weird"? when he is trying to hit those high notes.? ?It just dosnt sound great or anything..? ? Sorta like one of my friends trying to hit the high notes durring Jungle, at a bad kareoke party.

More powerful than Freddie Mercury's work (and voice) with Queen?!
So, is it better that Axl aims Chinese Democracy to a more industrial direction, than a "Queen-alike" direction?!
Hmmm.. Roll Eyes
HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2006, 07:11:28 PM »

IF he releases the album.... Touring won't put in at the top...
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2006, 07:11:43 PM »

they have nothing better to do than bash new gnr and stallone forums rofl trust me this is true.

That's why I was saying, find another band , infact they could start a band together and call themselfs TA (Two Assholes} hihi

Quote somthing I said. Axl wise. ?As being a hatter please

it was written by GUNS N ROSES. And if the new band is still called GUNS N ROSES, than I have the fucking right to compare it.

Izzt wrote patience.

It's a GNR song, and that was never the issue, it's lyrics are superior to CITR's no matter who wrote it.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2006, 07:11:58 PM »

You have heard SCOM right?
How many repeates are in that song?
You really need to get a clue. Its so sad.

Because Axl puts a chorus in his song you bash him for it, that is classic.
the "space" where he put the chorus in TWAT could have been better put to use, and if he evolved, then why is he going back to the AFD song counstruction?
SCOM is perfect as it is, and not one member of the forum will dispute that. while the situation around TWAT is diferent
(and I never said that twat sucks, it's better than most of the music out there today, but if it was on UYI, most of the people would't have noticed it)

How do you know he has not added to it yet? TWAT is a demo from 99 or 2000 you know that right?
Even if he doesnt change it, I dont see anything wrong with it. Do you think the ending to the beatles song Hey Jude is bad because the ending is na na na na hey jude about 10 times?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 07:16:17 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
RichardNixon
« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2006, 07:13:12 PM »

I am going to end this right here, right now.

The new Guns N' Roses songs (leaks and live) are great. Axl is back.

Richard Nixon has spoken.

This thread can now be locked.
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #72 on: March 07, 2006, 07:13:42 PM »

agreed

(finally last post in this thread)

agreed X2 peace

EccoTides
« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2006, 07:15:08 PM »

Oh my god is right.  This new music isnt bad or anything, it just isnt the balls to the wall risky music I was expecting.  Better is pretty catchy, TWAT has some good guitar work, blah blah blah..     Is all I hear.   

Axl first of all said that he was going to put out an more industrial album.   What ever happend to that.   

I think Axl is trying to be Freddie, from Queen.   That about it.

Axl also. sounds really "weird"  when he is trying to hit those high notes.   It just dosnt sound great or anything..    Sorta like one of my friends trying to hit the high notes durring Jungle, at a bad kareoke party.

Wow, that's amazing.

A) Do you really think that these songs have been worked on for 15 years? That's ridiculous. It's a known fact that a lot of new material was written after the year 2000, stuff that the band really liked.

B) This music isn't risky?! Please, define risky. Because this stuff is incredibly risky, coming from a guy stereotyped as a "rawk n' roll" frontman.

C) Axl NEVER said that he was making an industrial album - You just assumed this along with all of the other schmucks out there who heard Oh My God and My World.

D) That comes down to personal preference - I think he sounds terrific, considering his voice is always at the back of the mix in these songs.
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #74 on: March 07, 2006, 07:16:29 PM »

How do you know he has not added to it yet? TWAT is a demo from 99 or 2000 you know that right?
same way as you know that he did. and at this point we're commenting on the version I've heared so far, and not the one Axl could have recorded.

MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2006, 07:17:19 PM »

FOR FUCKS SAKE.HERE WE GO A FUKIN GAIN rant rant :rant:WHERE DO THESE IDIOTS COME ?FROM

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
axlrosehunny
Banned
Rocker

I like cake

« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2006, 07:18:17 PM »

Your logic is flawed. So tell me since dont cry, nov rain, ycmb and back off bitch were put on UYI in 1991 did it take the old gnr 5 years to write those songs eventhough they were all written in 1985 and 1986? By your flaw logic yes it took them 6 years to write those songs ?Roll Eyes

You really need to go back and learn ?your gnr history.

Uh ya...... ? What is your point? ? My history is perfect.

Oh ya, by the way, not to be an asshole. ? But this thread is totally of topic, it was ment to stirr some debate over the new gunners material, not a so called ill-fated history debate. ? ?Isnt that why they are in court right now? ?Over history??

I dont think the new stuff is up to gunners standerds, simple as that. ?And I hate Axl fan boys...
I think Axl is trying to be Freddie, from Queen. ? That about it.

Axl also. sounds really "weird" ?when he is trying to hit those high notes. ? It just dosnt sound great or anything.. ? ?Sorta like one of my friends trying to hit the high notes durring Jungle, at a bad kareoke party.

More powerful than Freddie Mercury's work (and voice) with Queen?!
So, is it better that Axl aims Chinese Democracy to a more industrial direction, than a "Queen-alike" direction?!
Hmmm.. Roll Eyes

Ya that makes no sence

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2006, 07:18:24 PM »

same way as you know that he did. and at this point we're commenting on the version I've heared so far, and not the one Axl could have recorded.

So by your logic hey jude sucks because of the ending right?

ROSE22
« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2006, 07:19:10 PM »

SORRY DUDE. YOU NEED TO KNOW YOUR GN'R HISTORY. izzy wrote the first part of the song but axl wrote the end which is the best part and why it was a hit in the first place.
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2006, 07:19:52 PM »

Wow, that's amazing.

A) Do you really think that these songs have been worked on for 15 years? That's ridiculous. It's a known fact that a lot of new material was written after the year 2000, stuff that the band really liked.

B) This music isn't risky?! Please, define risky. Because this stuff is incredibly risky, coming from a guy stereotyped as a "rawk n' roll" frontman.

C) Axl NEVER said that he was making an industrial album - You just assumed this along with all of the other schmucks out there who heard Oh My God and My World.

D) That comes down to personal preference - I think he sounds terrific, considering his voice is always at the back of the mix in these songs.

at one point he said it would have an industrial feel to it, and we tought it would be more industrial because od silkworms, chinese democracy(the title track), omg.
also people who were in the band 97-2000 are from electro/industrial domain(nin, perfect circle, pumpkins,moby,...)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: