Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 09:54:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Waited 15 years for this? OH MY GOD........
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Waited 15 years for this? OH MY GOD........  (Read 13184 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2006, 06:43:15 PM »

c'mon. seriously, how can you compare CITR,TWAT to November Rain, Estranged, Don't Cry, Civil War, So Fine, The Garden, ...
or
Better and IRS, to Paradise City, Mr Brownstone, Nightrain, It's so easy, ....

they are not in the same league.
I agree, CITR, TWAT, Better are better than VR stuff, better than Coldplay, better than U2, but I believed when they used to say that this will be a new music revolution, a leap forward, ...
I imagined it would be the same quality of UYI, comparable to Led Zeppelin's 4...

I've been a fan for years, and I've been around these forums since 2001, and I am still here. I hope that the songs have evolved, but I think that the concept is the most important thing in a song, and that any studio work, touch up, or any other thing they might do in a studio cant help it be great, but just a little better.

the thing that gives me hope is the fact that they wrote about 80 songs, and that these might be the "fillers", but recent Axl's interview worries me. he said that "blues", "twat" and "better" are his favorites, and let's face it, they are just another song. nothing people will remember 20 years from now.

I also think that Slash wouldn't have helped and that the Finck is doing a good job.

So Fine is not even in the same league as TWAT, CITR, Madagascar or the blues. That is laughable even bringing up that song title.

Nov Rain and Estranged are a given as better than the new songs no one is even disputing that.

As for patience and Dont cry, CITR and TWAT are both just as good if not better than those songs and the same goes for maddy and the blues.

As for IRS and better i would take them over its so easy and nighttrain anyday. Again WTTJ and PC, and SCOM no one ever siad they ?are better.

As for these songs being songs ppl were remember 20 years from now how do you know that? Do you have a time machine?

At very worst most of the new gnr songs are better than 75% of the old gnr songs. All of them would have made past albums and been some of the best songs on the album it made. So stop kidding yourself.

I really hope you are right, but I seriously doubt it. the new songs will only bring missery to the GNR brand.
I will enjoy all the new songs, but with the informations I currently have, I don't think the album will do all that great.
do you actually believe that the album will get good reviews, because I seriously doubt it.

Yeah the new gnr songs are so bad that the demo of IRS made the top 50 played songs for a week, the first time ever that happened to a demo? Roll Eyes And who cares what reviewers say AFD did not get a lot of good review either, so what does that tell you?

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2006, 06:46:04 PM »

Yeah the new gnr songs are so bad that the demo of IRS made the top 50 played songs for a week, the first time ever that happened to a demo? Roll Eyes And who cares what reviewers say AFD did not get a lot of good review either, so what does that tell you?

they would have played axl taking a shit just to piss him off.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
axlrosehunny
Banned
Rocker

I like cake

« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2006, 06:46:14 PM »

The best b-side old Gunners material, will better than anything on this new album. Thats a fact.
Gimme a fucking break. If you really believe that, then why are you posting in this section? Go to the ex-gunners section, or the VR section.
have you heard any of the GNR songs except my world?
because the new songs can only compare to my world...
Take the same advice I just gave axlrosehunny. ok

c'mon. seriously, how can you compare CITR,TWAT to November Rain, Estranged, Don't Cry, Civil War, So Fine, The Garden, ...
or

I agree, CITR, TWAT, Better are better than VR stuff, better than Coldplay, better than U2, but I believed when they used to say that this will be a new music revolution, a leap forward, ...
I imagined it would be the same quality of UYI, comparable to Led Zeppelin's 4...

I've been a fan for years, and I've been around these forums since 2001, and I am still here. I hope that the songs have evolved, but I think that the concept is the most important thing in a song, and that any studio work, touch up, or any other thing they might do in a studio cant help it be great, but just a little better.

the thing that gives me hope is the fact that they wrote about 80 songs, and that these might be the "fillers", but recent Axl's interview worries me. he said that "blues", "twat" and "better" are his favorites, and let's face it, they are just another song. nothing people will remember 20 years from now.

I also think that Slash wouldn't have helped and that the Finck is doing a good job.

It's his opinion that they do and it's YOUR opinion that they don't. Can we just leave it at that? Hmmmmm?Huh

I agree almost 100 percent with that. ?It would have been nice to hear something a little different with Robin writting some of the guitar work, but his work dosnt really stand out. ? ?You could replace him with anyone I think and still get the same effect

Slashs work in VR didnt stand out and if he could not do it for VR how would he do it for new gnr esp since they are songs he did not want to work on the the first place? Answer that simple question for me.

Well I agree with you, Slashs work on VR didnt stand out. ? Whats your point?? ? ?

I said that Robin could have been replaced with anyone... ? ? BECAUSE, his work seems just average. ? As you said, dosnt really stand out.

If you dont like me, blow me!
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2006, 06:46:24 PM »

This is Guns N Roses Version 2.0 and this is Axl Rose version 2.0

Axl Rose version 1.0 was a young buck with an attitude and a big chip on his shoulder that was having fun being young while riding the nightrain. While on that path he ruled the rock n roll world, did whatever the fuck he wanted, took now shit from anyone, and eventually loved and lost...in time he got a little older and a got a little wiser.... and I'm sure has mellowed out a lot since then.

Axl Rose version 2.0 has decided to let us hear about what he loved, what he lost and how he feels about it and if you ask me the lyrics on these new songs definitely show a lot older/wiser/mature Axl....

I love the new tracks... Axl is writing from his soul.... and there is nothing more beautiful than that.

Lucky
Legend

« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2006, 06:48:19 PM »

Axl Rose version 1.0 was a young buck with an attitude and a big chip on his shoulder that was having fun being young while riding the nightrain. While on that path he ruled the rock n roll world, did whatever the fuck he wanted, took now shit from anyone, and eventually loved and lost...in time he got a little older and a got a little wiser.... and I'm sure has mellowed out a lot since then.

Axl Rose version 2.0 has decided to let us hear about what he loved, what he lost and how he feels about it and if you ask me the lyrics on these new songs definitely show a lot older/wiser/mature Axl....

I love the new tracks... Axl is writing from his soul.... and there is nothing more beautiful than that.

people say that the new songs are more complex...
just compare the lyrics to november rain to twat or citr.
its ridicules.
TWAT and CITR only repeat the same line 15 in a row.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2006, 06:48:47 PM »

It is up to par and its way beyond par. I think I know what the problem is. Axls new stuff is way too over your head
Bingo! You just hit the nail on the head! His/Her comments about axl writing this stuff at 9 years old proves that point. Alot of people(especially young people), are too young or just immature to what Axl is trying to convey in these songs, and these types of people are too closed minded to understand the songs, so they resort to bashing instead. Just stop responding to their shit, dave. If you dont give the loser haters any attention, they go away. Or they go to the VR section. Either way, we wont have to see them. ok

Steel_Angel
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2006, 06:51:23 PM »

its ridicules.

piss off. i know where you live. anyway yea those demos own  hihi
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2006, 06:51:44 PM »

its ridicules.

What the hell are you talking about?

Here are the citr lyrics
how do the lines repeate 15 times?

Catcher in the Rye

When all is said and done
We're not the only ones
Who look at life this way
That's what the old folk's say
But every time I?d see them
Makes me wish I had a gun

If I thought that I was crazy
Well I guess I'd have more fun
Guess I'd have more fun

Ooh the Catcher in the Rye again
Ooh won't let ya get away from his gun
It's just another day like today

You decide
If I don't have to
Then they'll find
And I won't ask you
At anytime
Or long thereafter
If it's cold outside
I?m imaging
How it?s gonna be
All alone

(Solo)

Ooh the Catcher in the Rye again,
Ooh won't let ya get away from his gun
It's just another day like today

When all is said and done
We're not the only ones
Who look at life this way
That's what the young folk's say
As if they'd ever change
That's not whom I to say
But every time I'd see them
Makes me wish I had a gun
If I thought that I was crazy
Well I guess I'd have more fun
It's what used to be's not there for me
And ought to find someone that belonged insane like I do

Not at all (repeat)

On an ordinary day
Not in an ordinary way
All at once this song I heard
No longer would it play for anybody
Or anyone
That needed comfort from somebody
Needed comfort from someone who cared
To be
Not like you
Unlike me
And then the boy took that away
From me
So that it set the wheels in motion
Haunts our memories
You were the instrument
You were the one
How a body took the body
Gave that boy a gun
Took our innocence
Beyond our stance
Some type of moment
There we got it
All alone with her (hurt?) today

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2006, 06:52:02 PM »

It is up to par and its way beyond par. I think I know what the problem is. Axls new stuff is way too over your head
Bingo! You just hit the nail on the head! His/Her comments about axl writing this stuff at 9 years old proves that point. Alot of people(especially young people), are too young or just immature to what Axl is trying to convey in these songs, and these types of people are too closed minded to understand the songs, so they resort to bashing instead. Just stop responding to their shit, dave. If you dont give the loser haters any attention, they go away. Or they go to the VR section. Either way, we wont have to see them. ok
yeah right.
if something sucks then it's to complex for us "idiots". when you don't have a good argument then you guys use that old universal excuse... it's to "good" for "them"

axlrosehunny
Banned
Rocker

I like cake

« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2006, 06:53:02 PM »

I guess Novemeber rain, Estraged, SCOM etc... ? Where written useing some one elses soul?

Fact is Axl never really wrote any of the hard core songs, sure he wrote some, but the majority were written by the EX gunners. ? He hasnt grown up musically, he has always been there, he has grown out of touch.

Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2006, 06:53:56 PM »

This music is killer in that movie!    Losers
Yes, I bet you would know how good the music was in it, being you probably needed a bathroom and KY Jelly after seeing it...

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2006, 06:54:19 PM »

I guess Novemeber rain, Estraged, SCOM etc... ? Where written useing some one elses soul?

Fact is Axl never really wrote any of the hard core songs, sure he wrote some, but the majority were written by the EX gunners. ? He hasnt grown up musically, he has always been there, he has grown out of touch.

Axl wrote WTTJ. You know that right? He also helped write nighttrain, out to get me, pc, your crazy, and wrote rocket queen.
so how did Axl not write any of the hard core songs? And that is just on AFD i didnt even go on to UYI
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 06:56:37 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2006, 06:55:25 PM »

yeah right.
if something sucks then it's to complex for us "idiots". when you don't have a good argument then you guys use that old universal excuse... it's to "good" for "them"

dude this is getting lame, don't you have anything better to do than discussin this bullshit? if you don't like it, okay we dont fucking care... go register on a limp bizkit forum or whatever.. geez

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Steel_Angel
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2006, 06:56:46 PM »

axlrosehunny and torcida are gnr haters over at ebaumsworld.com

they have nothing better to do than bash new gnr and stallone forums ?rofl trust me this is true.
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2006, 06:58:01 PM »

Here are the citr lyrics

take a look at "TWAT" and youll find the choruses

it took 20 guys working for 2 days just to figure out what the fuck does all of those lyrics in CITR mean.
and don't go saying, it's complex. complex doesn't mean good.
some of the best songs in the world are simple.

here are the lyrics to the "shitty" patience

Shed a tear 'cause I'm missing you
I'm still alright to smile
Girl, I think about you every day now
Was a time when I wasn't sure
But you set my mind at ease
There is no doubt you're in my heart now
Said woman take it slow
It'll work itself out fine
All we need is just a little patience
Said sugar make it slow
And we'll come together fine
(inhale) Patience...
Ooh, oh, yeah

Sit here on the stairs
'Cause I'd rather be alone
If I can't have you right now, I'll wait dear
Sometimes, I get so tense
But I can't speed up the time
But you know, love, there's one more thing to consider
Said woman take it slow
Things will be just fine
You and I'll just use a little patience
Said sugar take the time
'Cause the lights are shining bright
You and I've got what it takes to make it
We won't fake it, Oh never break it
'Cause I can't take it

...little patience, mm yeah, ooh yeah,
Need a little patience, yeah
Just a little patience, yeah
Some more pati... (ence, yeah)
I've been walking these streets at night
Just trying to get it right (Need some patience, yeah)
It's hard to see with so many around
You know I don't like being stuck in a crowd (Could use some patience, yeah)
And the streets don't change but maybe the name
I ain't got time for the game
'Cause I need you (Patience, yeah)
Yeah, yeah well I need you
Oh, I need you (Take some patience)
Whoa, I need you (Just a little patience is all we need)
Ooh, this ti- me....
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 06:59:54 PM by Torcida » Logged

axlrosehunny
Banned
Rocker

I like cake

« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2006, 07:00:21 PM »

Oh my god is right. ?This new music isnt bad or anything, it just isnt the balls to the wall risky music I was expecting. ?Better is pretty catchy, TWAT has some good guitar work, blah blah blah.. ? ? Is all I hear. ? ?

Axl first of all said that he was going to put out an more industrial album. ? What ever happend to that. ?

I think Axl is trying to be Freddie, from Queen. ? That about it.

I hope the finished work is a lot more powerfull than this.

Axl also. sounds really "weird" ?when he is trying to hit those high notes. ? It just dosnt sound great or anything.. ? ?Sorta like one of my friends trying to hit the high notes durring Jungle, at a bad kareoke party.
"you are one pathetic loser" hihi thats all im gonna say.

Well at least I dont use those gay computer icons. ? You are a real winner
or

So Fine is not even in the same league as TWAT, CITR, Madagascar or the blues. That is laughable even bringing up that song title.

Nov Rain and Estranged are a given as better than the new songs no one is even disputing that.

As for patience and Dont cry, CITR and TWAT are both just as good if not better than those songs and the same goes for maddy and the blues.

As for IRS and better i would take them over its so easy and nighttrain anyday. Again WTTJ and PC, and SCOM no one ever siad they ?are better.

As for these songs being songs ppl were remember 20 years from now how do you know that? Do you have a time machine?

At very worst most of the new gnr songs are better than 75% of the old gnr songs. All of them would have made past albums and been some of the best songs on the album it made. So stop kidding yourself.

I really hope you are right, but I seriously doubt it. the new songs will only bring missery to the GNR brand.
I will enjoy all the new songs, but with the informations I currently have, I don't think the album will do all that great.
do you actually believe that the album will get good reviews, because I seriously doubt it.

Yeah the new gnr songs are so bad that the demo of IRS made the top 50 played songs for a week, the first time ever that happened to a demo ?Roll Eyes And who cares what reviewers say AFD did not get a lot of good review either, so what does that tell you?

Tells me radio today sucks.

Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2006, 07:01:14 PM »

What people need to realize too is that the new material is more complex... it's not just something a casual listener to is going to listen to once and think "wow, that song is amazing." The beat or lyrics may grab the listeners attention.. but it won't be unitl the 3rd or 4th listen until they really like the song........

I liked them all at first, CITR has really grown on me lately.......

and I think T.W.A.T needs a piano ending to co-incide with that guitar solo. Wink
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2006, 07:03:01 PM »

Izzy wrote patience..........

if you'r coming to troll gnr boards at least know your gnr history....

besides I liked patience anyway.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2006, 07:04:19 PM »

Here are the citr lyrics

take a look at "TWAT" and youll find the choruses

it took 20 guys working for 2 days just to figure out what the fuck does all of those lyrics in CITR mean.
and don't go saying, it's complex. complex doesn't mean good.
some of the best songs in the world are simple.

here are the lyrics to the "shitty" patience

Shed a tear 'cause I'm missing you
I'm still alright to smile
Girl, I think about you every day now
Was a time when I wasn't sure
But you set my mind at ease
There is no doubt you're in my heart now
Said woman take it slow
It'll work itself out fine
Said sugar make it slow
And we'll come together fine
(inhale) Patience...
Ooh, oh, yeah

Sit here on the stairs
'Cause I'd rather be alone
If I can't have you right now, I'll wait dear
Sometimes, I get so tense
But I can't speed up the time
But you know, love, there's one more thing to consider
Said woman take it slow
Things will be just fine
You and I'll just use a little patience
Said sugar take the time
'Cause the lights are shining bright
You and I've got what it takes to make it
We won't fake it, Oh never break it
'Cause I can't take it

...little patience, mm yeah, ooh yeah,
Need a little patience, yeah
Just a little patience, yeah
Some more pati... (ence, yeah)
I've been walking these streets at night
Just trying to get it right (Need some patience, yeah)
It's hard to see with so many around
You know I don't like being stuck in a crowd (Could use some patience, yeah)
And the streets don't change but maybe the name
I ain't got time for the game
'Cause I need you (Patience, yeah)
Yeah, yeah well I need you
Oh, I need you (Take some patience)
Whoa, I need you (Just a little patience is all we need)
Ooh, this ti- me....

You have heard SCOM right?
How many repeates are in that song?
Or how about the ending to PC? How many repeates are in that? OH but that is ok right?
You really need to get a clue. Its so sad.

Because Axl puts a chorus in his song you bash him for it, that is classic.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 07:06:38 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

Lucky
Legend

« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2006, 07:04:57 PM »

Izzy wrote patience..........

if you'r coming to troll gnr boards at least know your gnr history....

besides I liked patience anyway.
it was written by GUNS N ROSES. And if the new band is still called GUNS N ROSES, than I have the fucking right to compare it.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: