Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 10:03:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Waited 15 years for this? OH MY GOD........
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Waited 15 years for this? OH MY GOD........  (Read 13188 times)
axlrosehunny
Banned
Rocker

I like cake

« on: March 07, 2006, 05:51:26 PM »

Oh my god is right.  This new music isnt bad or anything, it just isnt the balls to the wall risky music I was expecting.  Better is pretty catchy, TWAT has some good guitar work, blah blah blah..     Is all I hear.   

Axl first of all said that he was going to put out an more industrial album.   What ever happend to that.   

I think Axl is trying to be Freddie, from Queen.   That about it.

I hope the finished work is a lot more powerfull than this.

Axl also. sounds really "weird"  when he is trying to hit those high notes.   It just dosnt sound great or anything..    Sorta like one of my friends trying to hit the high notes durring Jungle, at a bad kareoke party.

If you dont like me, blow me!
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 05:58:05 PM »

I also think that these songs are not close to any of the old great ones.

and please no more fucking "its only a demo coments".

most of you fuckers dont know what a demo is. in 2001 band members used to say that the songs are great, mind blowing,...
and the demos we have are from 2003 and they are no where near being mind blowing. and if the blues, better and twat are Axl's favorites and they are also the best ones he has, that this album will be the greatest disappointment since nirvana's 1st album came out.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 05:58:51 PM »

Maybe we haven't heard the new mind blowing songs yet. Patience.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 06:00:52 PM »

blah blah blah..     Is all I hear.    blah blah blah.......trying to be Freddie, from Queen.....blah blah blah........when he is trying to hit those high notes.   It just dosnt sound great or anything..blah blah blah..

Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

So your point is, in short, you haven't heard any of the leeks, right? Good boy!  ok
Negleyjj
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 06:04:25 PM »

Axl didn't say the new album was going to be industrial, people just kind of assumed it was. It's going to be a melting pot, there will be some industrial influence, but so much more.

And people are entitled to their opinions, but I think Madagascar, The Blues, There Was a Time, and Better are up near the top of GNR's best songs - demos or not.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 06:04:39 PM »

Freddy Mercury is not a bad thing to shoot for.

I think the new demo songs are good. Its not 80's GNR.

Cut off your mullet and welcome to 2006.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
axlrosehunny
Banned
Rocker

I like cake

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006, 06:05:06 PM »

Patience.. ? Oh ya that was a good song, too bad Izzy wrote it. ? I agree with the demo BS I read on here too. ?If you listen to the old gunners demos you could tell that they were on to something.

The best b-side old Gunners material, will better than anything on this new album. ? Thats a fact. ? Compaire them and you will agree. ?

I hope I am wrong and Axl blows me away, but so far that aint happening

Lucky
Legend

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2006, 06:06:18 PM »

Axl didn't say the new album was going to be industrial, people just kind of assumed it was. It's going to be a melting pot, there will be some industrial influence, but so much more.

And people are entitled to their opinions, but I think Madagascar, The Blues, There Was a Time, and Better are up near the top of GNR's best songs - demos or not.
america is a melting pot, and all the world hates it.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2006, 06:06:56 PM »

yes I agree, they're up there with their best classics! ok peace
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2006, 06:08:45 PM »

have you heard any of the GNR songs except my world?
because the new songs can only compare to my world...

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2006, 06:09:32 PM »

Patience.. ? Oh ya that was a good song, too bad Izzy wrote it. ? I agree with the demo BS I read on here too. ?If you listen to the old gunners demos you could tell that they were on to something.

The best b-side old Gunners material, will better than anything on this new album. ? Thats a fact. ? Compaire them and you will agree. ?

I hope I am wrong and Axl blows me away, but so far that aint happening

No you cant. Listen to the nov rain demo, the garden demo or any demo from UYI for that matter. Also the ?AFD early demos only a few of the songs had promise, You are only fooling yourself by claiming this.

Madagascar, the blues, twat and citr are all in the top 15 gnr songs ever.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2006, 06:10:12 PM »

The best b-side old Gunners material, will better than anything on this new album. ? Thats a fact.?
Gimme a fucking break. If you really believe that, then why are you posting in this section? Go to the ex-gunners section, or the VR section.
Take the same advice I just gave axlrosehunny. ok

HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2006, 06:11:17 PM »

The new songs? Are you refering to TSI or Sympathy for the devil? Because you can't be talking about the leaks....

See? Anyone can just state stuff like that, but it gets us nowhere.... Undecided
axlrosehunny
Banned
Rocker

I like cake

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2006, 06:12:33 PM »

S

I didnt assume anthing. ? ?Near the top of the best songs!! ? hahahaha, you really are a fan boy. ? The are shitty compared to G N' R standerds

gnr_12
Rocker

Nothin' Lasts Forever...

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2006, 06:12:52 PM »

Oh my god is right.  This new music isnt bad or anything, it just isnt the balls to the wall risky music I was expecting.  Better is pretty catchy, TWAT has some good guitar work, blah blah blah..     Is all I hear.   

Axl first of all said that he was going to put out an more industrial album.   What ever happend to that.   

I think Axl is trying to be Freddie, from Queen.   That about it.

I hope the finished work is a lot more powerfull than this.

Axl also. sounds really "weird"  when he is trying to hit those high notes.   It just dosnt sound great or anything..    Sorta like one of my friends trying to hit the high notes durring Jungle, at a bad kareoke party.

Firstly .. I agree Axl does sound weird trying to hit those high notes... because in Toronto he hit those notes on songs such as rocket queen and welcome to the jungle.. and its kind of killed the songs intensity... he sort of made them sound like a campfire song.. so i totally agree with you in that sense.. i like it when applies that voice too songs like Catcher and the blues... but hell why do you have to ruin welcome to the jungle like that u know? lol.. I havent heard anything if his recent material sound like songs such as dont cry, and you aint the first.. his more calm, talking voice... i dont know its just his versatility which he needs to work on for this Cd.. hes got 4 types to my knowledge.. the raspy, the screeeam that will bring u to ure knees, the quiet talking voice, and his new... iMO campfire older person voice lol...

Do not EVER think that singing like freddie mercury is bad.. if axl could hit the same notes WOW.. Freddie is a top 5 performer of all time.. its a shame hes not around today but ill tell you one thing.. axl cant sound like him..

That goes for all you punks in the press, That want to start shit by printin' lies, Instead of the things we said, That means you, Andy Secher, Mick Wall ,Bob Guccione Jr.
Get In the Fuckin Ring Punks
HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2006, 06:13:30 PM »

S

I didnt assume anthing.    Near the top of the best songs!!   hahahaha, you really are a fan boy.   The are shitty compared to G N' R standerds

If find it funny that YOU'RE calling someone a fanboy.... Roll Eyes
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2006, 06:13:54 PM »

Like I have said before Axls music has grown, its not going to be raw anymore. Listen to the ?beatles the white album, abbey road or stg peppers and compare it to their first album. Its like night and day. The same holds true for axl. Axl has progressed in his music and does not want to keep making AFD over and over again like bands like ac dc do.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
axlrosehunny
Banned
Rocker

I like cake

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2006, 06:16:17 PM »

They sould rename this from the Guns N' Roses forum. ? To the Axl Rose fan boy section. ? ?You guys sound really gay, after you are done giving yourselves wrap-arounds to the new guns, go see broke back mountain. ? This music is killer in that movie! ? ?Losers

I never said they new stuff was horrible, just not up to gunners standerds. ? ? You terds will be impressed with anything it looks like.

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2006, 06:16:38 PM »

Like I have said before Axls music has grown, its not going to be raw anymore. Listen to the ?beatles the white album, abbey road or stg peppers and compare it to their first album. Its like night and day. The same holds true for axl. Axl has progressed in his music and does not want to keep making AFD over and over again like bands like ac dc do.

Great point, glad someone gets this.

Axl is an artist. If he wasn't he'd be an entertainer.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
green
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2006, 06:17:14 PM »

Please don't compare NEWGNR with OLDGNR because the time has changed.So whatever we are listening"leaked demos"are classic compairing to the songs that are been played or released by any rock bands...And i think this NEWGNR can kick any superrock band in media and YES it includes VELVET REVOLVER too......
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: