Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 08:07:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  How do IRS, CITR, Better and TWAT stack up against other radio singles
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: How do IRS, CITR, Better and TWAT stack up against other radio singles  (Read 4136 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« on: March 07, 2006, 04:55:38 PM »

Well I just heard the new Pearl Jam single on the radio, and I may say its ok (did not really impress me ) but its not even close to being as good as the gnr demos we have heard thus far. Also other singles for other bands like u2, cold play etc etc really have nothing on these songs either. And the funny thing is, the gnr songs are just demos.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 05:08:23 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
BabyGorilla
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 05:01:34 PM »

One word: Octavarium--a 24-minute epic on the last Dream Theater album that is absolutely mesmerizing.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 05:02:38 PM »

Ask an U2 fan, a Pearl Jam fan or a Coldplay fan and you might get a different opinion.

What's the point?

I enjoy listening to GN'R, PJ and U2. I don't need to compare them to each other in order to make one of them seem better.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 05:04:11 PM »

Ask an U2 fan, a Pearl Jam fan or a Coldplay fan and you might get a different opinion.

What's the point?

I enjoy listening to GN'R, PJ and U2. I don't need to compare them to each other in order to make one of them seem better. The point being the demos stack up very well against the biggest bands in the world songs that are out right now.

/jarmo

The point is how are the new gnr going to fair against other big bands songs on the radio? The demos stack up very well against the biggest bands in the worlds song at the moment. I am not putting down the other bands, I am trying to see where gnr stand with the songs they have made.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 05:07:06 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 05:06:04 PM »

What's the point?

The point is this is a forum where we... umm...write our opinions down.  confused

If we didn't, it wouldn't be much of a place now would it..?
Steel_Angel
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 05:09:13 PM »

in MY Opinion Grin i think the demos kick more ass than any songs that are bieng played in the radio. especially the rap shit.ofcourse.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006, 05:09:38 PM »

It's going to slowly but surely become "cool" to like Guns N Roses again.... one single at a time.  Merck will have the new tracks on the "A" list and once people get to hear them more and more their unwarrented nagging about Axl will be overcome by the quality of the music.....
littlewing
Headliner

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2006, 05:09:52 PM »

Also other singles for other bands like u2, cold play etc etc really have nothing on these songs either.

Have nothing except being on the top of the charts and rocketing the bands to sell-out tours. It's going to take a while for GNR to work back up to that stage.

I think TWAT is the best bet because it's the most familiar sounding and I think that style of song fits in regardless of the current music trend. CITR would probably be next. Then I guess Better. It's a bit out there for what people expect from a GNR song so it could turn people off. IRS sounds too much like a demo to really say imo.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 05:17:00 PM by littlewing » Logged
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2006, 05:10:26 PM »

Considering all this EMO crap and all these other bands sounding like different variations of Nickelback, I think people will consider CD a breath of fresh air.

jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2006, 05:10:49 PM »

its amazing, one pathetic Axl outburst brings all the Axl-lites out from under their beds, throwing them into crazed, frothing at the mouth, perspective draining, lunacy.

There was relative agreement and peace going on there for a while

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2006, 05:12:48 PM »

The point is this is a forum where we... umm...write our opinions down. confused

If we didn't, it wouldn't be much of a place now would it..?

Thanks for explaining. ?ok

What's your opinion then?

Let me guess, you think the songs are great?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
The Bedouin
Rocker

only god can judge me

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2006, 05:13:14 PM »

it's actually nothing different than other bands already have done..like linkin park, queens of the stone age
BabyGorilla
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2006, 05:13:21 PM »

Was the title of this thread changed? I could have sworn that it read "IRS, CITR, Better and TWAT vs other bands songs." I guess when I mentioned Octavarium the title was changed to "radio singles."
HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2006, 05:14:42 PM »

its amazing, one pathetic Axl outburst brings all the Axl-lites out from under their beds, throwing them into crazed, frothing at the mouth, perspective draining, lunacy.

There was relative agreement and peace going on there for a while

Too much to drink, eh?
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2006, 05:17:19 PM »

I thought U2 liked to rip off other peoples music

For instance Vertigo was a blatent rip off of a Strokes song.
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2006, 05:19:20 PM »

In my opinion, Pearl Jam's 'Worldwide Suicide' is probably as good as 'I.R.S.' and better than the rest of the stuff we have heard so far. peace

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2006, 05:19:48 PM »

so far the most commercial tunes are chinese democracy and madagascar.

though i really dig the demos i think the music is too experimental and the changes to abstract to really take off on commercial radio.

it would be refreshing, but how often does something cool and different really get the air play it deserves.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2006, 05:20:47 PM »

I am listening to World Wide Suicide, I like it alright, I would give it a 7 out of 10. But, I definitely like it better than IRS.
littlewing
Headliner

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2006, 05:21:37 PM »

I thought U2 liked to rip off other peoples music

For instance Vertigo was a blatent rip off of a Strokes song.

I'm sure U2 needs to sit around and rip off the Strokes of all bands. You know it is possible that people write similar songs and similar riffs without trying to steal someone else's work. But U2 ripping off the Strokes...  rofl
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 05:23:43 PM by littlewing » Logged
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2006, 05:28:51 PM »

I could see a final mix of Better doing very well on Rock radio, however I think the big radio song for Guns will be the Blues, CHR (Top 40), Rock and etc will eat up the Blues. Once the Blues does well on the Charts I could see TWAT added, and eventually get the experimental songs into the mix of things. What Axl needs to do is get a song out there that every radio station will be playing to get Guns back into the limelight of things. Then shock them and prove how great Chinese Democracy will be with songs like CITR,IRS and etc.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: