Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:13:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Can the GnR vs. VR incite a riot?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can the GnR vs. VR incite a riot?  (Read 17050 times)
elmir
VIP

« Reply #80 on: March 09, 2006, 05:52:39 AM »

FUCK.... imagine COCI with axl singing    drool

imagine any VR song with Axl on vocals.....

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
speed_stone
« Reply #81 on: March 09, 2006, 06:17:57 AM »

definitely.

I'll go even more far, I can tell you if Axl ended-up as Dimebag Darell I wouldn't be surprised. I can see a crazy fan doing to Axl what a crazy Megadeath fan did to Dimebag Darell. Expect everything.

fuck off with that shit!
what the hell is the matter with you!
Miggy
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #82 on: March 09, 2006, 07:48:19 AM »

If people start to make trouble because of clothes they are just dumbasses.? Just don't yell for the old band because you won't get any further with that.? I think Axl would love to have the old band back together (minus S. Adler, he's really fucked up) but none of them want to take the first step. So ... let it be, maybe it's gonna happen sometime ...

This clothing bullshit reminds me at something.? During the tour of '02 everbody was talking about what Axl &Co were wearing on those shows.? What the fuck was that?? It's a band on a freakin' stage, not some models on a catwalk.
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #83 on: March 09, 2006, 07:58:53 AM »

definitely.

I'll go even more far, I can tell you if Axl ended-up as Dimebag Darell I wouldn't be surprised. I can see a crazy fan doing to Axl what a crazy Megadeath fan did to Dimebag Darell. Expect everything.
Nes, thats going a little too far, but I can easily see Axl starting a riot at Rio or one of the other shows. It doesnt take much to set him off, and a bunch of VR fans, slash fans, or him just being in a shitty mood could start a huge disaster. He should be forced to undergo a psychological evaluation before even going to Rio. There is going to be hundreds of thousands of people there, and it could get ugly real quick. Many things could happen. If AFD rehash starts, people(not all) might start booing in the middle of the show. Slash chants, a few BH chants, people yelling for new songs, etc. The show likely to have problems isnt rio, its the one that metallica will be at the day before. Hetfield isnt likely to let the opportunity pass to make a remark about Axl. Axl will respond the next day. The media will be all over those shows, because the chance of something happening are very high.

I think your scenarios are just as far fetched as Axl being shot by a crazed fan.? Yeah, people want to hear new songs, but booing b/c hes not playing new songs - which I dont' think will be the case, and without a new album beforehand who wants to hear new songs you're not going to know - is just insane.? I think there is a VERY small handful of people who would be that upset that they are booing if all they heard were AFD/UYI songs.? Especially a euro audience that is completely in love with Axl and GNR.? And if Metallica did make a remark about Axl/Guns...then you'd hear some booing.? I would assume Guns is MUCH more popular then Metallica over seas.

Nah, Metallica are way more popular than GnR over here (Britain and Ireland) at the moment. First they still have most of their original members and release albums (albeit shit ones) and plus GnR are never mentioned in the media over here. I know way more people going to Metallica in the RDS than GnR. Thing is a lot of people are coming from overseas to GnR. They would never fill the RDS based off Irish fans alone. Metallica would, easily. A bad comment from Hetfield about GnR wouldn't cause much of a stir among fans at their concert. Download might be different, coz fans of either band are paying for the whole weekend, but I would still think they would be mostly Metallica fans, who would cheer everything Hetfield says, anyway. Plus, I've noticed Metallica don't normally hold grudges or talk about other bands on stage. Hetfield is not a ranter like Axl!

estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #84 on: March 09, 2006, 08:11:52 AM »

FUCK.... imagine COCI with axl singing? ? drool

Imagine any CD song with Slash on lead guitar:drool:

yorkie81
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #85 on: March 09, 2006, 08:16:53 AM »

I don't think Metallica are more popular, its just with nothing happening why would there be any press from them. When Velvet Revolver released Contraband Slash was on Radio 1. He only attracted the intrest of a national radio station because he was in Guns n Roses and the press are hungry to talk about them, Axl just needs go give them something to talk about. Im going to Dublin to see them because you'll get a longer set and more new songs. At Leeds in 2002 there we're 2 new songs but I heard there were a few more at the Wembley gig.
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #86 on: March 09, 2006, 08:22:48 AM »

Well fans could start something. Jsut look at this board its pathetic. Who the fuck cares? If you like VR then like them.. Same goes with Guns. I like them both.. I don't follow Slash or Axl like a blind 3 legged puppy... I have my own mind and I have my own likes.. I like both bands' music and I will see both bands live.. And I will wear whatever I want.. Prob my BLS colors but maybe just maybe a Slash T so i can laugh at the fans who start shit with me.. And vice versa for a VR show..

Just enjoy the music and the guys int he band and stop buying into THEIR legal and personal battles.

I agree with this. Neither band are gonna reach the heights of the old band musically. The standard is too high. But neither the new GnR nor VR need to be the best band ever for me to like and want to listen to them. I like Contraband and thought VR were great live. Just because they don't have Axl and Izzy doesn't make them bad. Not all great music has to have Axl singing. There are other good singers. Similarly, I'm expecting a lot from the new GnR and like what I hear so far. Axl doesn't need Slash to make great music. There is no one or the other, like you have to choose between them. There both great bands, with different styles so enjoy the music. If you don't like either the new GnR or VR, well fine but don't make it personal, like saying Slash sucks. This is the guy who played lead on so many of your favourite songs. The fact is that personality wise, all the original GnR members were all fucked up in their own ways. That was an important contribution to the quality of their music. I think I remember one of them, can't remember who said that they were a bunch of misfits who together made some of the most amazing music, i.e.  "Nice Boys Don't Play Rock N' Roll."

Rocket_queen125
« Reply #87 on: March 09, 2006, 10:34:47 AM »

A VR vs GNR feud could do one of 2 things

It could go like Biggie/2pac and cause both bands to become even more popular, cause a ton of interest and buzz and benefit both bands careers

it could turn out like the 50 cent/jaRule feud where 50 became even more popular and JaRule's career was destroyed.

Feuds are great for music in my opinion. great publicity and causes interest for people who normally wouldnt care.

but will scott shoot axl or will axl shoot scott?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #88 on: March 10, 2006, 05:04:16 AM »

FUCK.... imagine COCI with axl singing? ? drool

I could, and I could see people loving slither dlt or ygnr.. Tiss a shame we have two seperate bands made up of ex and new gnr members... All the happiness that could be had if the band was together..
anythinggoes
« Reply #89 on: March 10, 2006, 05:08:43 AM »

This thought has come to me.
Could the latest stories mean that it?s virtually dangerous for a VR-fan to come with a slash-shirt to a gnr-concert?

we if it did i would be ashamed to be a fan ot either band there is no way in the world that music should start a riot
Stupid Head
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #90 on: March 10, 2006, 05:19:37 AM »

If Axl comes to New Zealand I definitley wont be wearing my Velvet Revolver t-shirts.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #91 on: March 10, 2006, 05:43:12 AM »

Someone sitting in the front row should wear a Stephanie Seymour shirt. nervous nervous nervous

McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #92 on: March 10, 2006, 05:55:33 AM »

we if it did i would be ashamed to be a fan ot either band there is no way in the world that music should start a riot

This is the real point.
It is just music, people!
Meant to be ENJOYED.

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
Siliconmessiah
« Reply #93 on: March 10, 2006, 10:15:44 AM »

And as Scott Weilands answer came...this thread suddenly got in the steam again.  smoking
badapple81
« Reply #94 on: March 10, 2006, 10:17:33 AM »

Someone sitting in the front row should wear a Stephanie Seymour shirt. nervous nervous nervous

Haha with all this crap going on right now that was a good little laugh  hihi
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #95 on: March 10, 2006, 05:32:36 PM »

This is the real point.
It is just music, people!
Meant to be ENJOYED.

Splash

/Mike

That's a great idea. Music is so hard to be successful with and so hard to make enjoyable that bands shouldn't bash each other and neither should fans. Everyone on the planet should get a little more familiar with different music styles to accept it for what it is instead of saying things like, "Classical sucks" or "Rap is gay" or other negative stuff. 

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #96 on: March 10, 2006, 05:33:31 PM »

that made me laugh.... I'll put on the erin shirt peace
Elrothiel
« Reply #97 on: March 10, 2006, 10:57:28 PM »

Its funny how you never heard of one fan, at a VR concert, with a shirt "Where is Axl?"

Pfft! Just a t-shirt! Hell I'd go there dressed as Axl, with a t-shirt sayin' "Where's Axl!?" and waving a huge flag SAYING "Where's Axl!!?"

Scotty-boy would burst that vein in his forehead! rofl
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #98 on: March 10, 2006, 11:56:14 PM »

Its funny how you never heard of one fan, at a VR concert, with a shirt "Where is Axl?"

Pfft! Just a t-shirt! Hell I'd go there dressed as Axl, with a t-shirt sayin' "Where's Axl!?" and waving a huge flag SAYING "Where's Axl!!?"

Scotty-boy would burst that vein in his forehead! rofl

Spontaneous Combustion
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #99 on: March 10, 2006, 11:57:56 PM »

Re: Can the GnR vs. VR incite a riot?

concidering the recent events the answer would be yes!

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: