Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 03:37:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Why not America???
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why not America???  (Read 24373 times)
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #80 on: February 21, 2006, 07:59:22 PM »

What about Ozzfest?

I think with Ozzfest they can play maybe a max of 1 1/2 hours and in my opinion it just wouldn't have the same "feel" seeing Axl at Ozzfest. ?And could you imaine the clash of egos between Sharon Ozbourne and Axl? ?My God it would be Nuclear. rofl

The first time that bitch has eggs thrown at Axl then all hell would brake loose. hihi
Yes, but it would be entertaining.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
elmir
VIP

« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2006, 02:54:44 AM »

Also, Europe is the place to be in summer, this continent is beginning to own rock music from May - August, and those festivals are not only becoming recognised as the real deal, but they are also affordable, and fans come in truckloads to watch the bands....

...fuck, even RIR has moved to Europe.....US can be done during the rest of the year as well, its not so important to risk European appearances during this time just for the sake of a show in the states.

going to Europe now was (is) a good idea, and it will put the band back on the map....in a big way.

after that, he can do the states, latin america and asia...and perhaps even a show in africa.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2006, 04:07:38 AM »

because axl needs to show that he can show up to his gigs before any promoter books him on a us tour

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2006, 04:30:11 AM »

Why the fuck are they playing all these foreign festivals and doing nothing here in the states?  I guess they say jealousy will eat you alive and it's definately getting to me.  I mean c'mon I want to see them too, without having to fly halfway around the world to do it.  Just my personal rant, anyone else feel the same?

ahhhh.....stiff shit. Cool....why not anywhere els!!!

your the foreiner to this site hihi

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
badapple81
« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2006, 04:53:46 AM »

Why the fuck are they playing all these foreign festivals and doing nothing here in the states?? I guess they say jealousy will eat you alive and it's definately getting to me.? I mean c'mon I want to see them too, without having to fly halfway around the world to do it.? Just my personal rant, anyone else feel the same?

No I feel almost the opposite! How can you complain knowing full well that there will be US dates coming up, without a doubt. I'm over the other side of the world and very doubtful we will see anything and can't afford to fly ALL THE WAY around the world. So stop complaining  Tongue
grendood
My favorite word is: Bellend
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #85 on: February 22, 2006, 04:59:49 AM »

bands today hardly ever start a world tour in the states, Europe and the United Kingdom is where all the best festivals are.
The US has nothing going for it at the moment anyway.
Decadence
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #86 on: February 22, 2006, 05:15:04 AM »

I think it probably is just due to the fact that the European festivals guarantee a massive crowd and he needs to build his reputation back up at the moment. ?

I have to say though that I find it a bit strange that so many people think the European crowd will stand for any shit from anyone and the reason GnR aren't doing America yet is because the Americans are less forgiving. ?I'm not sure there's any proof of that this time round.

Sure, the crowd at Leeds was absolutely massive, but you have to remember that that's the case for that festival anyway. ?It wasn't all hardcore Gunners and a lot of the people there were there out of curiosity and didn't have a clue that GnR were even still around. ?Festival crowds are huge over here and of course the majority of them are going to wander over to see that Axl still lives...it doesn't necessarily mean that they're any more or less accepting/forgiving of the whole situation than Americans are.

I also went to the Docklands gig in London and to be perfectly honest, that was nowhere near to sold out. ?I'd say the situation over here probably mirrors the one in the U.S. ?Hardcore fans are going to show up to pretty much everything but until the album's out and some promotion is done the crowds won't be huge. ?I can't really see much difference in the attitudes shown from Europeans to the attitudes shown from Americans toward GnR at the moment at least. ?
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #87 on: February 22, 2006, 05:17:48 AM »

I think GNR should start with a canadian tour... hihi

Yeah maybe they could co-headline with the 'ugliest man in rock' - Chad Krueger and his band Nickleback.  hihi

Gotta love the canadian rock  Tongue

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #88 on: February 22, 2006, 05:23:31 AM »

I wasn't trying to say that only the Slash fans didn't like the new songs, but that is where the majority of the complaints are coming from.

Well he's my favorite ex gunner and I like the new songs.. I'm not as dramatic as those giving them a 25 on a 10 scale or throwing out my afd /illusions do to them, but i giv ethem a? ok beer

quick! burn your copies of AFD!
Smash up any UYI discs you may have now!
Rip up your Slash posters!
We have all the Guns we need now we have Axls 2.5, ten years in the making, leaked demos!  hihi

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #89 on: February 22, 2006, 07:29:13 AM »

the US is still stuck on Hip Hop (shit) n' Nu-Metal!!

just ask Anthrax hihi

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
W. Adam S
Rocker

...Gone to the toilet

« Reply #90 on: February 22, 2006, 07:51:05 AM »

America has never had the kind of festival schedule that europe has , probably never will
what do you do, go on a tour and play for 10,000 people a night in the states,
 or kick it off playing huge festivals in countrys that still love and support rock n roll
america has to forget about this whole Gangsta mentallity hip hop dance shit
and realize that whiggers are white people, and they did not grow up in the ghetto
this is not your culture, stop supporting this lame excuse for music, and get back into your own culture and support rock n roll? ? beer beer

Well said!

'For Ricky to be any smarter he would have to die and come back as a turnip' - Trailer park boys.
dub05
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #91 on: February 22, 2006, 07:51:37 AM »

Because he doesn't give a rats arse what people think of him in the states.He's already wrapped up the market years ago ....now it's on his terms where he gigs etc.

I wouldn't bet on a large scale american tour.

Get your asses over to ballsbridge on the 9th june for whats gonna be the mother of all parties.

Fuck it's like pope john paul playin the phoenix park in 1979 all over again ..but this time i think pope axl will take to the stage a little bit later.....somethings never change beer ?
Yesterday
Rocker

"It seems like forever and a day....."

« Reply #92 on: February 22, 2006, 09:10:34 AM »

Europe is the best place to start.  You can work out the "bugs" before you come stateside.  Also after the last tour here in 2002 they need to release CD to have something to promote here.  I mean they can sell out NYC, Chicago, Boston and a few other arenas, but right now they would have to play smaller venues here until they get "big" again in other markets.  I would have included Philly in the arena market, but well I live in between Philly and Baltimore and listen to both rock stations in the area and Philly hates Axl right now.  He needs to do something for the Philly fans.  This is a great rock market and Axl needs to fix that.  Philly fans are not very forgiving at all. 

Time just fades the pages in my book of memories...
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #93 on: February 22, 2006, 12:10:21 PM »

With all of these euro festival dates announced for the summer, I wonder if the next logical step would be a tour of the states right after.....makes sense.  In addition to all the ideas/theories people have mentioned for why Axl is starting out in Europe, I wonder if its also to avoid the competition with all the other bands who will be touring in the summer time (traditionally a big time for tours).  IF he does come back stateside for the fall, there def won't be as many big bands/festivals touring as in the summer. 

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
god of thunder
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #94 on: February 22, 2006, 12:21:24 PM »

The answer is very easy;

1) Europes Open Air Festivals pull massive crowds during summer (May to September) --> 1 concert reaches about 35.000 to 100.000 Fans --> Get New GnR to the masses --> Publicity --> Boosting record sales -->After the pulled tour in 200X?! GnR still owe  the promoters
--> Eurpean Fans love their "old" Rock Heros

1b) Maybe even a few dates in Asia / South America will be added for the same reasons

2) Festivals bring in loads of money: Fixed contract, no risk, hardly any costs --> Also a good show (and showup) might repair credibility and prefinance the "real" tour later on

3) When the new GnR has been established on Billboard/ MTV / VH1/ Radio etc. after a couple of months people in the Homemarket (US) might give Guns another chance --> Since times for stadium concerts are over it makes perfect sense to start a US Tour in Late October/November till January/February

4) Followed by a world tour starting February/March 07
I_luv_Gnr
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #95 on: March 07, 2006, 11:54:08 AM »

Is gnr comming to america any time soon?!!  beer
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #96 on: March 07, 2006, 12:10:05 PM »

Is gnr comming to america any time soon?!!? beer

No.  beer

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Axl_GNR
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #97 on: March 07, 2006, 12:13:23 PM »

If I remember correctly, in 2002, the U.S. tour wasn't announced until after the tour dates overseas.  So, thats probably the same case as now.  But Axl has to come out with Chinese Democracy first, if he wants a successful tour in the States.

littlewing
Headliner

« Reply #98 on: March 07, 2006, 12:37:33 PM »

Because he doesn't give a rats arse what people think of him in the states.He's already wrapped up the market years ago ....now it's on his terms where he gigs etc.

Regardless of whether you want to admit it or not the US market is probably the single most important market in terms of Chinese Democracy being a huge success or flop.

speed_stone
« Reply #99 on: March 07, 2006, 12:42:36 PM »

Why the fuck are they playing all these foreign festivals and doing nothing here in the states?? I guess they say jealousy will eat you alive and it's definately getting to me.? I mean c'mon I want to see them too, without having to fly halfway around the world to do it.? Just my personal rant, anyone else feel the same?

because the audience there suck.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: