Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:29:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl: The Life and Times of Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses by Sorelle Saidman
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl: The Life and Times of Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses by Sorelle Saidman  (Read 23222 times)
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #80 on: March 22, 2006, 11:02:40 PM »

I ordered it from Amazon, but for now it seems to be delayed (cancelled?)

The book is not cancelled, but delayed.   The plan was to cover the lawsuit, then send it to the press, but that has been delayed (the lawsuit, as we all know).   Nonetheless, it will be the most detailed look at the band/Axl yet to hit the press.  It will be well worth the wait!!  Sorelle is a pro!!  ok

If it was me, not offering Harper Collins any advice, I would release it in the Fall, and take advantage of the X-mas shopping season.
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #81 on: June 23, 2006, 08:11:10 PM »

Bumping an old thread up, because there seems to be yet another release date for the book. Big surprise, it got pushed back. Amazon UK now lists it coming out in July, 2007. Saidman might actually have CD precede the book, thus providing a closing chapter.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2007, 05:37:05 PM »

I found this in the VR section:

New York, New York
edited by Valerie Block
12 February 2007
Crain's New York Business

Rocker gets booked

Fans of guns n' roses may never hear a new album from the defunct band, but at least they'll be able to read about their favorite legendary rockers.

Guns N' Roses guitarist Slash (right) just sold his autobiography to HarperCollins. The British born, California-raised ax man will work with writer Anthony Bozza, who helped drummer and carouser Tommy Lee pen his memoir, Tommyland.

The manuscript is due to be delivered in the fall.

Slash, born Saul Hudson, left Guns N' Roses in 1996 following a split with group leader Axl Rose. He went on to form the band Velvet Revolver.

A HarperCollins spokeswoman confirmed Slash's deal.

Also in the works is W.A.R.: The Unauthorized Biography of W. Axl Rose, by British rock writer Mick Wall. The book is due out in Britain in the fall and is currently making the rounds of New York publishers.

``[Guns N' Roses] is a great story, and it's not finished yet,'' says Mr. Wall's U.S. agent, Barbara Zitwer, referring to the unfinished album that Mr. Rose has been working on for years.

--

I personally find it a bit weird that Harper-Collins doesn't bother to note of the press of their upcoming 'sister book' , the Axl biography. I'd imagine they'd be having rather combined target groups.

Anybody know anything about the current status?

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2007, 06:44:00 PM »

I'm sure if they would target them together because some people might not have the scratch to buy tehm both at once (a hard cover is probably $20); They can release them months apart and get the one-two financial punch. JUst my opinion.

Zerocool2
« Reply #84 on: February 18, 2007, 12:53:21 AM »

How late into the night was she up thinking about that title?
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #85 on: February 19, 2007, 10:11:58 AM »

I'm sure if they would target them together because some people might not have the scratch to buy tehm both at once (a hard cover is probably $20); They can release them months apart and get the one-two financial punch. JUst my opinion.

I was merely expecting something like "HarperCollins will also publish Sorelle Saidman's AXL, a book on the GNR frontman", or something like that. Now its Mick Wall's book, that's getting the push.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: