Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 09:30:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl: The Life and Times of Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses by Sorelle Saidman
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl: The Life and Times of Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses by Sorelle Saidman  (Read 23262 times)
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2006, 05:32:08 PM »

Sorry for bumping an almost old thread, but I just found this Rolling Stone's article about Oh My God in 1999 written by Sorelle Saidman:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=168

I think her book will be good enough. She seems to have pretty good material. Wink

Edited: just find another article, this time about Vegas '01 (she gave a nice review):

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=324

i just read those articles.....   i don?t think she`ll be talking shit about axl..
and i think this is interesting:

The band also rolled out a handful of previously unheard songs, including "Chinese Democracy" - the title track off the band's long-long-long-awaited album - and "The Blues," "Silk Worms" and one untitled track, GN'R management confirmed.

was the title "rhyiad and the bedo?ins ever confirmed?? it could`ve been called different....or it was just a working title...   maybe it`s the song "better" axl was referring to in his latest interview..... i don`t really think so, but i also don`t think that it will be released under the title "rhyiad and the bedouins"......  could someone shed some light on this?     if i remember correctly it was called oklahoma on the vegas setlist.... but oklahoma was a different song and they played rhyiad instead of it.........   but there were more setlists i guess....

ok this is the vegas setlist:

Welcome to the Jungle
Mr. Brownstone
Nightrain
Think About You
Out Ta Get Me
Oh My God
My Michelle
It's So Easy
Rocket Queen
Sweet Child O' Mine
Patience
Live and Let Die
November Rain
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
The Blues
Oklahoma
Chinese Democracy
Untitled
You Could Be Mine
Silk Worms
Paradise City

actually there is oklahoma AND and untitled song........

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
smeagol2124
Rocker

I will not go quietly

« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2006, 05:38:18 PM »

OKlahoma was dropped, they played Rhiad instead.  Untitled was Madagascar, it made it's debut in Rio.  We've had the discussion 100 times before  Grin

Sorelle said back in October/November that the draft had been sent to editors and was going through edit/fact checking.  A book is a lot like an album.  Even if it is finished, it's still up to the publisher (or record company) to determine release.  My hunch is the book will come out when CD does.
WARose
Legend

« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2006, 05:46:06 PM »

OKlahoma was dropped, they played Rhiad instead.  Untitled was Madagascar, it made it's debut in Rio.  We've had the discussion 100 times before  Grin

sorry  but this is my first post hihi

but why was it untitled? in rio axl seemed pretty sure to know how it`s called......

but my main question is if the title rhyiad was ever confirmed?

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
smeagol2124
Rocker

I will not go quietly

« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2006, 06:06:35 PM »

Well, if you listen to the Vegas boot, Axl says "This is called Rhiyad and the Bedouins" as the intro is being played.  That's the best I can give ya  Smiley
misterbrownstone
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2006, 10:05:32 PM »

OKlahoma was dropped, they played Rhiad instead.? Untitled was Madagascar, it made it's debut in Rio.? We've had the discussion 100 times before? Grin

? ?sorry? but this is my first post hihi

but why was it untitled? in rio axl seemed pretty sure to know how it`s called......

but my main question is if the title rhyiad was ever confirmed?

yes, it was on a setlist sheet.  i'll look for a picture of it.

it's was spelled "RHIAD", though.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2006, 02:18:48 AM »

its an intriguing name for a song

why would anyone feel that Better is Rhiad?

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2006, 03:29:30 AM »

it's was spelled "RHIAD", though.
They didn't know the correct spelling of Riyadh? nervous

Queen of Everything
Slash is Orgasmic (This title has been bumped by the poster)
Legend

Slash Can Ride....... Me!

« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2006, 03:50:15 AM »

This link isnt working anymore?  Huh

Formerly "Drama_qween"... but still as cool. Smiley
www.myspace.com/jessheartsmusic
WARose
Legend

« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2006, 07:50:05 AM »

don`t know......   but i do think that the title Rhyiad and the Bedouins might only was a working title.....

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2006, 08:17:58 AM »

don`t know......? ?but i do think that the title Rhyiad and the Bedouins might only was a working title.....
Key word in that sentence is "might". No reason to believe that it is. Axl has said before that The Blues was a working title. I brought this up before and people thought I was insane and no one believed it, so why should we believe speculation of Riyadh being a working title when there is nothing to back it up? Strange how when people hear him mention a new song, they automatically think it has to be one of the songs we've already heard.

WARose
Legend

« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2006, 09:01:15 AM »

don`t know......   but i do think that the title Rhyiad and the Bedouins might only was a working title.....
Key word in that sentence is "might". No reason to believe that it is. Axl has said before that The Blues was a working title. I brought this up before and people thought I was insane and no one believed it, so why should we believe speculation of Riyadh being a working title when there is nothing to back it up? Strange how when people hear him mention a new song, they automatically think it has to be one of the songs we've already heard.
i don`t know if i made it clear. but i actually don?t belive that better is rhiad nor do i really believe that rhyiad is a working title......... but it?s a possibility    i just wanted to know if axl even mentioned the title....

BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2006, 08:48:05 PM »

Listen to the version of Rhiad from Osaka (Axl's monitor mix) - in the background, you hear two people on stage talking...Robin and I'd guess Tommy:

"What is it?"

"Rhiad"

"Ready Robin?"

-Jeff

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2006, 08:50:39 PM »

Listen to the version of Rhiad from Osaka (Axl's monitor mix) - in the background, you hear two people on stage talking...Robin and I'd guess Tommy:

"What is it?"

"Rhiad"

"Ready Robin?"

-Jeff
Or you can just listen to the House of Blues show and hear Axl say Riyadh with his own mouth.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #73 on: February 05, 2006, 12:51:38 AM »

Welcome to the Jungle
Mr. Brownstone
Nightrain
Think About You
Out Ta Get Me
Oh My God
My Michelle
It's So Easy
Rocket Queen
Sweet Child O' Mine
Patience
Live and Let Die
November Rain
The Blues
Oklahoma
Chinese Democracy
Untitled
You Could Be Mine
Silk Worms
Paradise City

Where did you find this setlist? I guess Oklahoma was just some mistake in some review. Later, people believed it was someone from the band crew who said they would play Oklahoma, but I don't belive in this story, though.

About Madagascar, I remember that girl who was at some halloween party at Axl's house and said he showed the song to her, calling Madagascar (by that time, she talked about it on the official gnr forum on gnronline.com, but nobody believed her because people thought the title "Madagascar" was stupid and it wouldn't fit in a GN'R style).

So, I don't know about this "untlited" song, if it ever existed on the real Vegas setlist.

MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2006, 01:07:09 AM »

thats right,she said tommy stinson came to axls house and axl previewed some songs to her and one was titled madagascar.

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
WARose
Legend

« Reply #75 on: February 05, 2006, 12:02:47 PM »

Welcome to the Jungle
Mr. Brownstone
Nightrain
Think About You
Out Ta Get Me
Oh My God
My Michelle
It's So Easy
Rocket Queen
Sweet Child O' Mine
Patience
Live and Let Die
November Rain
The Blues
Oklahoma
Chinese Democracy
Untitled
You Could Be Mine
Silk Worms
Paradise City

Where did you find this setlist? I guess Oklahoma was just some mistake in some review. Later, people believed it was someone from the band crew who said they would play Oklahoma, but I don't belive in this story, though.

About Madagascar, I remember that girl who was at some halloween party at Axl's house and said he showed the song to her, calling Madagascar (by that time, she talked about it on the official gnr forum on gnronline.com, but nobody believed her because people thought the title "Madagascar" was stupid and it wouldn't fit in a GN'R style).

So, I don't know about this "untlited" song, if it ever existed on the real Vegas setlist.

the setlist is from rollingstone.com

SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #76 on: March 04, 2006, 09:31:40 PM »

? ? ? "The life and times of Axl? Rose and Guns N' Roses"? ?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?http://www.volumesdirect.com/detail.aspx?ID=2001&R=1? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #77 on: March 04, 2006, 10:57:22 PM »

I've never heard of it.
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #78 on: March 05, 2006, 07:04:01 AM »

I ordered it from Amazon, but for now it seems to be delayed (cancelled?)

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #79 on: March 05, 2006, 06:11:33 PM »

? ? ? "The life and times of Axl? Rose and Guns N' Roses"? ?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?http://www.volumesdirect.com/detail.aspx?ID=2001&R=1? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

should we believe in some mad writter who wanna say lies 'bout AXL?  Axl isn't so fucking idiot to tell his life that way  Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: