Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 09:31:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl: The Life and Times of Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses by Sorelle Saidman
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl: The Life and Times of Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses by Sorelle Saidman  (Read 23265 times)
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2005, 01:34:08 PM »

I hate when people try to understand a person wether making a book, making reserches etc, only to have certain idea of who he is/was. If axl doesn't want to be known, or he never spoke about his childhood memories whatever who could possible assure the information in the book is right?, only Axl. So I think if the book comes out I might read it but but I wont believe 100% of what I read.

No man can be my equal
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2005, 03:34:15 PM »

I hate when people try to understand a person wether making a book, making reserches etc, only to have certain idea of who he is/was. If axl doesn't want to be known, or he never spoke about his childhood memories whatever who could possible assure the information in the book is right?, only Axl. So I think if the book comes out I might read it but but I wont believe 100% of what I read.

Oh no you?re so wrong cuz you forget :

-Axl has enemies
-Axl has Old friends
-There are amazing detectives who do a good work where someone offers A LOT OF MONEY to reach what they wanna know so this way it?s so very easy to dig enough ?bout Axl just cuz ALL THOSE PERSONS wouldn't care 'bout betraying Axl all because of the money buys everything!  hihi
« Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 03:40:18 PM by AxlRoseVen » Logged
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2005, 04:26:36 PM »

Of course no research is 100% accurate.  But how else are people supposed to learn?  Psychology is by no means an exact science.  Research must be done to understand how the brain works.  Is it all true?  No, a lot of literature out there are theories made by overpaid PhD's.  But there is still an effort being put forth to better educate society.

Giving an insight into some one's personality helps us to understand them.  It helps us to tolerate their behavior.  Who knows, maybe she will offer up some explanations that will make people (maybe even myself) understand and even accept Axl's erratic and odd behaviors. 

The reason why I bothered to write this is because this woman seems like she is actually INTERESTED in Axl's life.  That cannot be said for other authors trying to make some money off of the band's popularity.  I think she wants to release a quality product and she understands that there is an audience for it that will appreciate it.  Because of her past work on GNR related topics (Spin article, numerous MTV.com articles) I think that she genuinely wanted to learn more about Axl and wants to share that knowledge with us as well. 
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2005, 10:55:40 AM »

The reason why I bothered to write this is because this woman seems like she is actually INTERESTED in Axl's life.  That cannot be said for other authors trying to make some money off of the band's popularity.  I think she wants to release a quality product and she understands that there is an audience for it that will appreciate it.  Because of her past work on GNR related topics (Spin article, numerous MTV.com articles) I think that she genuinely wanted to learn more about Axl and wants to share that knowledge with us as well. 

I do understand, and I agree almost with her, cause she wants to know better Axl and she wants that GNR fans get that feeling too, what I mean is that I don't agree with the digging inside his life like the childhood memories or his teenage times, or anything like that cause even though for a lot of us is a mistery, perhaps this human being called Axl doesn't want the people to know, and she doesn't know that. That's my point  peace

No man can be my equal
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2005, 04:24:47 PM »

I think it'll be an interesting read.  Not only that, but it seems the author is really intent on showing Axl in a positive light.  Since unfortunatley over the years since he's been away, the amount of press on Axl have been negative, for the most part.

WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2005, 04:32:48 PM »

I think it'll be an interesting read.  Not only that, but it seems the author is really intent on showing Axl in a positive light.  Since unfortunatley over the years since he's been away, the amount of press on Axl have been negative, for the most part.

see I wouldn't even say a positive light, just more of an unbiased light.  She will talk about the good, the bad, and the ugly.  But I have a feeling there will be no bias.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2005, 04:37:08 PM »

I think it'll be an interesting read.? Not only that, but it seems the author is really intent on showing Axl in a positive light.? Since unfortunatley over the years since he's been away, the amount of press on Axl have been negative, for the most part.

see I wouldn't even say a positive light, just more of an unbiased light.? She will talk about the good, the bad, and the ugly.? But I have a feeling there will be no bias.

Yes, perhaps you're right.  Even though I believe and unbias opinon would be positive for Axl.  Since the majority of press have been pretty harsh on the guy.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2005, 10:28:06 PM »

Sorry for bumping an almost old thread, but I just found this Rolling Stone's article about Oh My God in 1999 written by Sorelle Saidman:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=168

I think her book will be good enough. She seems to have pretty good material. Wink

Edited: just find another article, this time about Vegas '01 (she gave a nice review):

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=324
« Last Edit: October 23, 2005, 11:58:17 PM by Voodoochild » Logged

Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2005, 12:56:40 AM »

Yeah she also wrote the article about Axl jamming with Gilby back in 2000, seems like everytime a big GnR story breaks she is the one who is on top of it!

Jonx
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2005, 12:59:55 AM »

Thanks for bringin those articles up. Always nice to read. Im sure the book will be a great read.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2005, 02:12:49 AM »

That part about the exorcism of John Bonham, has anyone heard that before and does anyone know when that happend and if there was a point to it?

I vaguely remember a statement made by someone, possibly Erin Everly, about Axl claiming he'd be "possessed" by some late musician. Go figure.

Found it.

Everly was asked, "Had Axl ever told you that he was possessed?

"Yes," she said.

"What did he say he was possessed by?"

"John Bonham."

Bonham, the rambunctious Led Zeppelin drummer died in his sleep after a bender in 1980. Rose denies ever saying he was possessed by Bonham.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2005, 02:43:27 PM »

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0060786698/qid=1130352879/sr=8-2/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i2_xgl/202-2222918-2219004

I know it probably does not mean anything, but I was just checking out Amazon.co.uk and it has the book down as a release date as October 2006 yet Amazon.com has it down as being released February 2006. Just wandered what this was all about?

parisrocks
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2006, 12:28:24 AM »

Anyone?  Anyone?

I pre-ordered it from Amazon w/ a probable ship date of 1/22/06.
The release date says 2/1/06, but it still says pre-order today (2/1/06).

I tried to look up Harper Entertaiment (publisher) to no avail.

Anybody know what's up?
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2006, 05:26:41 AM »

I have a feeling it's going to be delayed (cancelled?) like the book about Izzy. The fact that they don't even have the cover picture is very strange.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2006, 08:07:59 AM »

I have a feeling it's going to be delayed (cancelled?) like the book about Izzy. The fact that they don't even have the cover picture is very strange.

yeah   axl`s "friends" are probably stopping it.......   (howard weitzman......)

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2006, 08:23:08 AM »

Sorry for bumping an almost old thread, but I just found this Rolling Stone's article about Oh My God in 1999 written by Sorelle Saidman:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=168

I think her book will be good enough. She seems to have pretty good material. Wink

Edited: just find another article, this time about Vegas '01 (she gave a nice review):

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=324

i just read those articles.....   i don?t think she`ll be talking shit about axl..
and i think this is interesting:

The band also rolled out a handful of previously unheard songs, including "Chinese Democracy" - the title track off the band's long-long-long-awaited album - and "The Blues," "Silk Worms" and one untitled track, GN'R management confirmed.

was the title "rhyiad and the bedo?ins ever confirmed?? it could`ve been called different....or it was just a working title...   maybe it`s the song "better" axl was referring to in his latest interview..... i don`t really think so, but i also don`t think that it will be released under the title "rhyiad and the bedouins"......  could someone shed some light on this?     if i remember correctly it was called oklahoma on the vegas setlist.... but oklahoma was a different song and they played rhyiad instead of it.........   but there were more setlists i guess....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2006, 12:04:01 AM »

Well, it looks like it. Take a look at this Amazon UK page :
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1852272422/qid=1117302707/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_9_1/202-0792923-5695860

Titled "Axl life & times of the mysterious Mr Rose", the book was written by Sorelle Saidman. According to Amazon, the provisional release date is October 6, 2005. No more details so far.

Sorelle Saidman is a journalist for MTV News and has already written a biography of Bryan Adams.

I couldn't find the book on Amazon US, so I assume it's a British-only release. Let's hope it will be better than the GN'R biographies that have been released so far. At least I have to give kudos to the originality of the title? ok

Thanks to Michael from GN'R France for the news.
  If the provisional release date is October of 05, seems Sorelle is running a few months behind.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Albert S Miller
Legend

« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2006, 12:27:18 AM »

I have always been eager to read anything related to Axl and G&R, I believe the only factual info to come out of most of them, are things that Axl or bandmembers have made known to the public themselves.  I believe Axl to be a very private person, and that if he wanted his personal life publicized, he would share it with us.  I feel the reason that we know what we do in regards to his personal life, he shared with us, due to the fact that he was being tormented by past situations at the very prime of his career, and he was struggling to deal with both, on top of the fact, there was the press making up all the shit they could as well.  It obviously pushed him to a point, where it was all just too much.  In the longrun I believe Axl had to find himself and the only way for him to do so, was to be alone.  To become a racluse.  So why do these writers keep writing these unauthorized books.  Obviously If Axl wanted us to know the personals he would have shared them long ago, and as it stands now, I don't believe his feelings have changed or he would grant an interview to these people.  I think they should hang it up.   Just my thoughts!!! Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2006, 04:59:15 AM »

If the provisional release date is October of 05, seems Sorelle is running a few months behind.

That's old info. It was pushed back to Feb 2006 a long time ago.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Albert S Miller
Legend

« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2006, 12:39:42 PM »

? If the provisional release date is October of 05, seems Sorelle is running a few months behind.

That's old info. It was pushed back to Feb 2006 a long time ago.
  right on, thanks  Smiley Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: