Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 11:31:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl: The Life and Times of Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses by Sorelle Saidman
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl: The Life and Times of Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses by Sorelle Saidman  (Read 23297 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2005, 01:34:42 PM »

I would much rather read an autobiography.? ? I would buy that in hot minute.
me too, they need to take a page from motley crue's the dirt.. Amazing book written by the band
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2005, 11:47:45 AM »

i just read on the home page about the unnofficial axl book being prosponed from october to february.mmmm is anyone thinking what im thinking.if u have any info on the book then tell us but i just thought it was a coincedence that the book be prosponed at about the same time as fortus cancels his nena shows.the way i see it axl wouldnt want a book full of "tales" being issued at the same time as "cough cough" CHINESE DEMOCRACY.i could be totally wrong.

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2005, 12:44:39 PM »

Whos knows eh? Sounds a good enough theory to me!

Shoco
VIP

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2005, 01:03:26 PM »

i dunno, id imagine the book has been written already, maybe they left it a bit later to see what happens with the court case
Irish gunner II
Rocker

IRISH BY BIRTH, CORK BY THE GRACE OF GOD

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2005, 01:29:38 PM »

i just read on the home page about the unnofficial axl book being prosponed from october to february.mmmm is anyone thinking what im thinking.if u have any info on the book then tell us but i just thought it was a coincedence that the book be prosponed at about the same time as fortus cancels his nena shows.the way i see it axl wouldnt want a book full of "tales" being issued at the same time as "cough cough" CHINESE DEMOCRACY.i could be totally wrong.

Interesting theory that ya never know.
kever20
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2005, 01:39:16 PM »

Could be. The Fortus email said it would be sometime in the erly part of the next year that we'd see CD. I know we've all heard that before, but hey.... The book is probably like "The Band Time Forgot", trying to coincide with a release date. Hope it's true.

/Kevin Miller

Convicted for murder,
The bastards run free
Out on parole, out on the prowl
Freed on the bail paid by the thief
Justice supreme, the liars all ream
rainX
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2005, 12:14:14 AM »

this seems like one of those books where the writer digs through axl's garbage and comes up with exciting tidbits such as on day 1,240 of the sessions, Axl makes a dramatic reversal and switches from peanut M&M's to regular.
Axl4Pres
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2005, 03:14:22 AM »

That part about the exorcism of John Bonham, has anyone heard that before and does anyone know when that happend and if there was a point to it?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2005, 11:50:46 AM »

AXL ROSE: More Details About Unofficial Book Revealed

Sorelle Saidman, author of the upcoming unofficial book about GUNS N' ROSES' reclusive frontman Axl Rose, entitled "Axl: The Life and Times of Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses", has contacted BLABBERMOUTH.NET to clear up some of the previously published erroneous details regarding the project. Sorelle's letter reads as follows:

"Hi guys, just correcting some Amazon.com info about my book, 'Axl'.

"The book is actually being published through Harper-Collins in the U.S., no idea if Virgin's involved, but nobody's sent me any checks.

"As per the Amazon blurb, it was never scheduled for an October release, it was always scheduled for April 2006. (Whether that holds true or not I'm sure is up to the lawyers). I did NOT write the blurb that appeared on Amazon.com (rest assured, I know John Bonham is a drummer!), and the book details that Mr. Rose is NOT a drug abuser.

"I've been working on this book for six years. I worked on the Spin cover piece with Marc Spitz in 1999. My own book research was already underway, but I agreed to help in exchange for permission to use all the mag research, so the book became sort of an extension of that piece. At that time, we did over 40 interviews, and less than 5% of that material (at best) was published. I also worked on a VH1 special on [GUNS N' ROSES] in 2002 that never aired (I believe it was a pilot for a new series that died on the vine after the company was restructured), and made the same deal with them ? I retained transcripts of those interviews. Over the years I've conducted my own interviews with band personnel for my writing/research jobs with MTV, Rolling Stone and Allstar/CD Now. And since that time, I've conducted dozens and dozens of new interviews exclusively for the book, many of them with people who have never been interviewed before. I believe the count is well over 130 original sources, and I've sorted through well over 10,000 pages of documents.

"It's a very detailed portrayal of a very complicated artist, as well as the inside story of the birth and break up of the original GUNS N' ROSES, the new band and the new album, and I'm sure will provide no end of revelations, none of which can be discussed as yet.

"I've handed in most of the book. The publisher and their lawyers are going through the first draft while I continue to fact check and augment."

To pre-order a copy of "Axl: The Life and Times of Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses", visit Amazon.com.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=42808

Thanks to Angelo

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2005, 11:55:48 AM »

I definitely will buy that book. Gotta be better than the Kurt Cobain bio I read anyway....

Fuck 'Em All.
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2005, 12:30:29 PM »

Unauthorized I suppose.
Lawsuit anyone?? hihi

yeah, Axl would never speak 'bout himself just to get a book written by somebody else although this biography might contains some shocking truths 'bout the dude n' his childhood!, maybe it's a best seller in U.K, somehow people waste their money buyin? bullshit, maybe its author did know to how to investigate axl privately without traces just to let us see the truth, who knows!
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2005, 03:00:11 PM »

Yet another attempt of cashing in at the expense of one of the greatest front men of all time.  Time to give it a rest.

How many different times/ways are people going to try to explain Axl's/GN'R's story?  Among the fans that still care - is there really anyone out there who doesn't know!?

The only way I could see anyone buying this book is just to hopefully obtain never-before-seen pics of Axl.  And if that's what you're looking for...http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=21589.0.

I'll be boycotting this one for sure.

-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2005, 03:06:31 PM »

Meh.. sounds better than most of the other books/ DVD's on him. I might check it out if theres still no Chinese Democracy by the time its released.

In otherwords.. i'll be checking it out.  hihi

gnrevolution.com
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2005, 03:22:52 PM »

this actually sounds promissing. she does seem to have gather more info on Axl than most people have. and i do remember her stories on mtv.com. i'll buy this one, it actually seems like some effort was put into it, and i'm really curious to see who she interviewed.
i guess the next logical step would be a Movie on Axl, they have one on kurt cobain in theaters right now, and the most impressive thing he did was suicide in 120 min of movie... if Axl was behind the movie i bet that would be some real entertainment

Chinese Democracy!
Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2005, 03:47:38 PM »

As long as I don't have to have a sharpie with me as I read it in the case of horrible grammar and spelling (ahem!!!), I'm getting it. Sometimes I wonder how some books get published...
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2005, 04:13:47 PM »

As long as I don't have to have a sharpie with me as I read it in the case of horrible grammar and spelling (ahem!!!), I'm getting it. Sometimes I wonder how some books get published...

I'm with you on that girl!!! ok I hate bad editing too, it pisses me off rant Wink

AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2005, 04:45:53 PM »

Yet another attempt of cashing in at the expense of one of the greatest front men of all time.? Time to give it a rest.

How many different times/ways are people going to try to explain Axl's/GN'R's story?? Among the fans that still care - is there really anyone out there who doesn't know!?

The only way I could see anyone buying this book is just to hopefully obtain never-before-seen pics of Axl.? And if that's what you're looking for...http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=21589.0.

I'll be boycotting this one for sure.

Buddy you'd be right but ya forget something special: when you're a celebrity you gotta lose your own privacy!, just cuz your fans n' the press make you rich n' famous! No one speaks ?bout simple human beings!, if everyone talks crap ?bout Axl so the guy have no choice cuz he has to admit it for being a rock star!   hihi
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2005, 02:15:42 AM »

you know, at this point all I want is the real reason for the cancelled 2002 tour.  Surely if she can dig up secret information on Axl then she can find out what really happened.  It is amazing that it has almost been 3 years and we have heard NOTHING about what happened.  Who is trying to hide what?
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2005, 04:43:05 AM »

It actually sounds pretty cool, I will probably get it.

sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2005, 06:47:53 AM »

That part about the exorcism of John Bonham, has anyone heard that before and does anyone know when that happend and if there was a point to it?

I vaguely remember a statement made by someone, possibly Erin Everly, about Axl claiming he'd be "possessed" by some late musician. Go figure.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: