Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 09:32:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl: The Life and Times of Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses by Sorelle Saidman
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl: The Life and Times of Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses by Sorelle Saidman  (Read 23269 times)
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« on: May 28, 2005, 03:11:45 PM »

Well, it looks like it. Take a look at this Amazon UK page :
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1852272422/qid=1117302707/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_9_1/202-0792923-5695860

Titled "Axl life & times of the mysterious Mr Rose", the book was written by Sorelle Saidman. According to Amazon, the provisional release date is October 6, 2005. No more details so far.

Sorelle Saidman is a journalist for MTV News and has already written a biography of Bryan Adams.

I couldn't find the book on Amazon US, so I assume it's a British-only release. Let's hope it will be better than the GN'R biographies that have been released so far. At least I have to give kudos to the originality of the title  ok

Thanks to Michael from GN'R France for the news.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2005, 03:52:27 PM »

ditto to nothingman Undecided

There is some question that Mr Rose can smile in approval for this one.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2005, 04:02:28 PM »

I predicted this awhile back. A book release to go along with CD release.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2005, 09:50:25 PM »

Unauthorized I suppose.
Lawsuit anyone?? hihi

No doubt unauthorized, I'm sure Axl would probably sue being the litigious type he is.

Not really any legal leg to stand on though..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
billsguy
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2005, 10:06:45 PM »

yeah anyone can write a book about anyone... the only legal leg he would have is if it was all false.  doubt thats gonna be the case though.

Mike
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2005, 12:24:10 AM »

Not having a case doesn't seem to bother Axl, or his lawyer ... I don't doubt there will be a lawsuit.

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2005, 02:35:30 AM »

So we'll ahve a book that will start out like no other book in history, great story, action and characters.  Then it will just stop and we'll have 1000 pages of nothing.  Pretty much sounds like the Axl Rose story to me.
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2005, 12:20:38 PM »

the books probably gonna tells us stuff the public already knew in the first place.

this is sad, his bio before the cd hes been working on for 7 years

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2005, 12:48:28 PM »

There will be a bio.

One day.

Actually, i think it would be a great read if people like Elisabeth or Earl collaborated to a REAL biography, because they see Axl Rose as nobody else does, not even himself probably.

Anyhows, let's hope Sorelle ( man or woman ?) didn't go too far.. peace

Nothing to say
Twisted Nerve 85
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2005, 07:33:52 PM »

Its about time they released something about this prick, I mean for all Ive found out about him he's had a wild fuckin life so I know a bio on him would be a great read.

Thanks for the heads up Pandora  peace

Life's a bitch.......anyone who says different is selling something.
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2005, 06:43:07 AM »

Anyone else getting a tad less interested after reading this?

--

Saidman, Sorelle
AXL: The Life and Times of Axl Rose and Guns & Roses

Guns N' Roses is one of the most successful musical acts in history. The band's first album, Appetite For Destruction, is the best-selling debut of all time and one of the top 15-selling albums of all time, in all genres. Frontman Axl Rose is considered by many to be a modern-day, rock-n-roll Howard Hughes, responsible for not only the creation of the band, but its destruction as well.

In AXL, MTV News reporter Sorelle Saidman examines the path of destruction followed by the eccentric band leader, from his mysterious childhood, including the previously-unpublished story of his father?s murder, to his drug addiction, to his current fascination with psychics and past-life regression. Axl paid $75,000 for the exorcising of dead Led Zeppelin guitarist John Bonham, and the revelation of abuses that occurred to him in the womb. Eccentric is just one of the words used to describe AXL; psychotic is the one used most often.

Saidman has spent years researching Rose, interviewing past girlfriends, family members, and employees, as well as 40,000 pages of legal documents. Four out of the five Guns N? Roses members became junkies and/or alcoholics. Axl is merely psychotic. This is the definitive biography of a brilliant but volatile rock-n-roll star.

HarperEntertainment

Right sold: UK/Virgin
Publication: April 2006
Estimated length: 350 pages with two 8-page color inserts
Manuscript available: July 2005
Proposal available

www.harpercollins.com/BEA%202005%20Rights%20Guide.pdf

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

Here Today... Gone Tomorrow

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2005, 06:57:27 AM »

--

Saidman, Sorelle

Guns N' Roses is one of the most successful musical acts in history. The band's first album, Appetite For Destruction, is the best-selling debut of all time and one of the top 15-selling albums of all time, in all genres. Frontman Axl Rose is considered by many to be a modern-day, rock-n-roll Howard Hughes, responsible for not only the creation of the band, but its destruction as well.

In AXL, MTV News reporter Sorelle Saidman examines the path of destruction followed by the eccentric band leader, from his mysterious childhood, including the previously-unpublished story of his father?s murder, to his drug addiction, to his current fascination with psychics and past-life regression. Axl paid $75,000 for the exorcising of dead Led Zeppelin guitarist John Bonham, and the revelation of abuses that occurred to him in the womb. Eccentric is just one of the words used to describe AXL; psychotic is the one used most often.

Saidman has spent years researching Rose, interviewing past girlfriends, family members, and employees, as well as 40,000 pages of legal documents. Four out of the five Guns N? Roses members became junkies and/or alcoholics. Axl is merely psychotic. This is the definitive biography of a brilliant but volatile rock-n-roll star.

HarperEntertainment

Right sold: UK/Virgin
Publication: April 2006
Estimated length: 350 pages with two 8-page color inserts
Manuscript available: July 2005
Proposal available

www.harpercollins.com/BEA%202005%20Rights%20Guide.pdf

sounds cool to me, ax's a wild cat and a true rock star if there ever was one. smoking
it'd be interesting to read about his father, i remember reading an interview with axl where he said "appearently he was murdered, buried along the highway" or something like that.
i doubt axl will approve of this though, but it'll most likely come out.

"funny how everything was roses when he held on to the guns"

"sometimes we get so tired of waiting for a way to spend our time"
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2005, 09:10:15 AM »

i.e. he's interviewed everyone but the band members.  Great  hihi

I bought 'The Band that Time Forgot' and was dissapointed. An official biography is the way forward, as would be some official music, which would probably provide as much as insight as to what he's been up to as would a book...

Here today...ready to rock
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2005, 09:30:40 AM »

Psychotic?  Is that Ms. Saidman's clinical diagnosis?  Or is that the diagnosis of all the armchair psychiatrists who've been acquainted with Axl Rose over the years?

Just because the reasoning behind the length of time it's taken to produce an album, along with a much lower public profile, is not understood, that does not make someone psychotic.

Ali
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2005, 09:33:17 AM »

Well I for one am looking forward to reading it. Sounds promising! Shame its not coming out until April 2006 though!!

August 18th
Banned
Rocker

Here Today... Gone Tomorrow

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2005, 09:36:28 AM »

Psychotic?? Is that Ms. Saidman's clinical diagnosis?? Or is that the diagnosis of all the armchair psychiatrists who've been acquainted with Axl Rose over the years?

Just because the reasoning behind the length of time it's taken to produce an album, along with a much lower public profile, is not understood, that does not make someone psychotic.

Ali

no, but his past behaviour raised a few eyebrows however. Roll Eyes but that's how real rock stars should be. axl is the last of his kind, and although incredibly talented, like most geniuses he is horribly misunderstood.

"funny how everything was roses when he held on to the guns"

"sometimes we get so tired of waiting for a way to spend our time"
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2005, 11:32:22 AM »

--

Saidman, Sorelle

Axl paid $75,000 for the exorcising of dead Led Zeppelin guitarist John Bonham, and the revelation of abuses that occurred to him in the womb. Eccentric is just one of the words used to describe AXL; psychotic is the .......
very Definitive....Sure enough.
 It's getting a tad interesting to see how many mistakes we'll spot in this book and if the author is psychiatrist or what?
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2005, 12:11:38 PM »

I would much rather read an autobiography.    I would buy that in hot minute.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
BeefyD
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2005, 01:28:35 PM »

--

Saidman, Sorelle

Axl paid $75,000 for the exorcising of dead Led Zeppelin guitarist John Bonham, and the revelation of abuses that occurred to him in the womb. Eccentric is just one of the words used to describe AXL; psychotic is the .......
very Definitive....Sure enough.
 It's getting a tad interesting to see how many mistakes we'll spot in this book and if the author is psychiatrist or what?

I'm glad SOMEONE else picked up on the fact Bonham wasn't their guitarist...? hihi? I'd like to exorcise Jimi Hendrix and have him play trombone...
Twisted Nerve 85
Rocker

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2005, 01:29:36 PM »

Its only gonna be for sale in the UK? Is it possible to get a copy here in the States? Well maybe I could js get one online.  peace

Life's a bitch.......anyone who says different is selling something.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: