Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 07:12:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Leaks are the current status of CD?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Leaks are the current status of CD?  (Read 2933 times)
Beowulf
« on: March 04, 2006, 07:23:59 PM »

I had a somewhat frightening thought. Could the leaked songs be the most current state of the material on Chinese Democracy? I wonder if they're what Axl would consider "nearly done"? That could mean that there are 20+ songs that are still in the demo stages and several others that have yet to make it out of a lyrics notebook. If this is the case it would require future mixing and mastering of all CD tracks, as well as possible structural changes to the music itself. With any other band that wouldn't be so depressing, but the work needed to get this all finalized could take a long time in GNR years.  Cry Perhaps hearing "music" this year only relates to a possible soundtrack release or live shows.

Is there any reason to believe that Axl and Co. are further along? It was rumored that Fortus did some guitar work recently, but by the sounds of it none of the other band members (sans Axl) have been involved for years. Perhaps he has just been sitting on these tracks since 2003/04 or whenever they were recorded.

If these leaks were generated from either Axl's visit to New York or Las Vegas I would be inclined to think that's as far as they are in the process. I doubt Axl would be playing old demos for people if he had newer versions available. Although if the band leaked them to the net intentionally it would be more realistic to think the demos were just an appetizer for something else.  yes
Chief
Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 07:29:12 PM »

nah they aren't the current material at all. these demos are old, i'm guessing they range from 1-5 years or maybe a bit longer.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 07:29:21 PM »

I seriously doubt the leaks are what Axl is working on now. They're all at least from '02. CITR is from like.. '99 (earlier?) when Brian May was working with GNR.

gnrevolution.com
Steel_Angel
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2006, 07:38:02 PM »

The leaked tracks are from 2003 recording sessions.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2006, 07:39:10 PM »

Yeah, I do think they are not new at all.
Beowulf
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2006, 07:42:03 PM »

I know they aren't really new, I'm just wondering if much work has been done on them since they were recorded.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2006, 07:43:54 PM by Beowulf » Logged
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2006, 07:42:17 PM »

You sure? Brian May recorded with Guns N' Roses in '99...

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2006, 07:44:00 PM »

BS. Catcher is from '99. Don't act like you know it was in '03.

gnrevolution.com
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2006, 07:48:28 PM »

I would bet a month's pay checks that these leaks have almost all been re-recorded. Especially CITR, IRS, and TWAT. those tunes were heard back in 99 by rolling stone. We know from the new york times article the album has been re-recorded a few times. IRS and TWAT don't even have back up vocals which makes me believe the leaks are from long ago... 99, 2000 when rolling stone heard them.

THe end product will be GREAT ok don't ya worry about that

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
Steel_Angel
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2006, 07:51:32 PM »

besides citr lol
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2006, 07:54:02 PM »

besides citr lol

Well how do you "know" the others are from '03?

gnrevolution.com
Z
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2006, 08:03:17 PM »

CITR came as a gift, so to speak, directly from somebody "in camp".

It was used as bait to pull other possible demos out.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2006, 08:04:10 PM »

besides citr lol

There was chatter that Catcher may have been leaked internally without consent. Remember the label threw Axl out of the studio and probably had access to some of the material . A studio engineer could easily have made himself a copy of a track or two.

I have no idea if this is true or not.

The other leaks, I would guess, would probably be from Trunk's CD. It is a myth that Trunk said Better was not on the disc.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Beowulf
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2006, 08:14:03 PM »

The other leaks, I would guess, would probably be from Trunk's CD. It is a myth that Trunk said Better was not on the disc.

That would be a huge relief if true, because it would explain how work-in-progress demos were leaked instead of a final product.
Steel_Angel
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2006, 08:14:59 PM »

besides citr lol

Well how do you "know" the others are from '03?
mr i pmed me hehe
Z
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2006, 08:16:17 PM »

There was chatter that Catcher may have been leaked internally without consent. Remember the label threw Axl out of the studio and probably had access to some of the material . A studio engineer could easily have made himself a copy of a track or two.

What year was that supposed to have happened? ?I'm not saying that I don't believe it.....just wondering in what time frame.
HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2006, 08:19:23 PM »

I had a somewhat frightening thought. Could the leaked songs be the most current state of the material on Chinese Democracy? I wonder if they're what Axl would consider "nearly done"? That could mean that there are 20+ songs that are still in the demo stages and several others that have yet to make it out of a lyrics notebook. If this is the case it would require future mixing and mastering of all CD tracks, as well as possible structural changes to the music itself. With any other band that wouldn't be so depressing, but the work needed to get this all finalized could take a long time in GNR years.? Cry Perhaps hearing "music" this year only relates to a possible soundtrack release or live shows.

Is there any reason to believe that Axl and Co. are further along? It was rumored that Fortus did some guitar work recently, but by the sounds of it none of the other band members (sans Axl) have been involved for years. Perhaps he has just been sitting on these tracks since 2003/04 or whenever they were recorded.

If these leaks were generated from either Axl's visit to New York or Las Vegas I would be inclined to think that's as far as they are in the process. I doubt Axl would be playing old demos for people if he had newer versions available. Although if the band leaked them to the net intentionally it would be more realistic to think the demos were just an appetizer for something else.? yes
I doubt it, they still use a drum machine.
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2006, 08:22:21 PM »

"You'll hear music this year" - theoretically, Axl saying this could have been refering to this summers European tour and nothin else.
HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2006, 08:24:01 PM »

"You'll hear music this year" - theoretically, Axl saying this could have been refering to this summers European tour and nothin else.
That's what I was thinking, but how stupid would it be to tour without any new material? Playing all old stuff would be boring, imo, and I also think it'd be stupid to tour and play songs for CD w/out it being out....
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2006, 08:26:42 PM »

What year was that supposed to have happened?  I'm not saying that I don't believe it.....just wondering in what time frame.

I suppose the track (Catcher) could have been lifted anytime in the past, presumably before Axl was kicked out of the label's studio.

As for the leak itself, the only rumors that I heard were that Catcher was leaked to the trading community after the first three surfaced. I think that someone/persons was hoarding Catcher for a long time and decided to use it to find out other purported leaked tracks, such as Prostitute, This I Love, Thyme, and, my favorite, Prosperous Chili.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2006, 08:33:24 PM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: