Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:25:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Izzy the reason behind GnR Falling to Pieces
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Izzy the reason behind GnR Falling to Pieces  (Read 4700 times)
shaun
« on: March 04, 2006, 06:07:01 PM »

[probably old to some, but new to me]

Hearing this interview with Slash and Duff:
http://mfile.akamai.com/1689/wmv/bmguk.download.akamai.com/1689/VelvetRev/velvet_wma_high.asx

...it seems that once Izzy departed from GnR, Slash and Duff realized that they used to relate to Axl though Izzy. Without Izzy being there, GnR was all but over.
estranged.1098
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 06:09:46 PM »

You could say Axl tried to "fix" that problem by bringing in Paul Tobias but others weren't as receptive to the idea.
anythinggoes
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 06:10:54 PM »

shit man Izzy left the band 15 years ago Slash 10 years ago and Duff 8 years ago lets move on at the moment old Gnr does not exist only new gnr lets get excited and wait to speculate on why they might fall apart hihi

PS cool avatar
shaun
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2006, 06:15:49 PM »

shit man Izzy left the band 15 years ago Slash 10 years ago and Duff 8 years ago lets move on at the moment old Gnr does not exist only new gnr lets get excited and wait to speculate on why they might fall apart hihi

PS cool avatar

During the interview they (Duff+Slash) agree that the new GnR isn't GnR, and i agree with them. The new GnR is not GnR,it's simply 1 person with some hired musicians. The new songs don't sound very GnR. Axl should have either thought up a new name for his band, as calling it GnR is missleading and unfair on ex band members.

the Avatar is kinda cool, thanks  Grin
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2006, 06:21:00 PM »

OK guys lets try not to get back into the "new GnR isn't GnR" argument again.

But back on topic, I'm not trying to say S&D are lying or anythin but I kinda find that hard to believe. Maybe that was the start of the whole descent of the old GnR but I don't think it really had much of a direct effect, because Slash stayed on 5 years after Izzy left and Duff 7.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2006, 06:30:11 PM »

Hear Slash on Izzy in1993!!!!! (thanks  AMM Cheesy )

"I love recording like this, means Slash. During Appetite..., Lies and Use Your... I had to put up with Izzy the whole time. I never liked playing with him. It was wonderful to escape him on this record. It sounds tighter and so much cooler than anything we've done before. I always got irritated over Izzy's way of playing. It didn't sound right. Before "Spaghetti", we erased his guitar and Gilby put on a new one. It sounded perfect!"

hem.passagen.se/snoqalf/art-199311-OK.html
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2006, 06:37:38 PM »

Listen to VR and compare it to the new demos. Both sound like GNR, VR like appetite & Axl/GNR more like a modern UYI sound.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2006, 07:09:16 PM »

I think Slash was saying those things to brown-nose Axl, since Axl was already on a power trip and whatever they said would be bad news.  Why would Slash want Izzy in VR if that were the case?
estranged.1098
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2006, 07:24:53 PM »

I think Slash was saying those things to brown-nose Axl, since Axl was already on a power trip and whatever they said would be bad news.  Why would Slash want Izzy in VR if that were the case?

Wow, you managed to bring Axl to that story. You're a creative person.  ok
philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2006, 07:40:40 PM »

ha! so because an intermediary leaves the whole band falls apart?!

there shouldnt be a need for an intermediary in bands! fucking hell.

the fact that duff and slash had to get their feelings and ideas to axl through izzy speaks more about axls detrimental ego than izzy being the one to blame.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2006, 07:41:40 PM »

thank you...
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2006, 08:04:42 PM »

I can't stand listening to duff talk.... He sounds like steven adler with his 'ummm uh ah well ya know, its like, uh, umm,' I can't stand listening to him talk.

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2006, 08:10:46 PM »

I can't stand listening to duff talk.... He sounds like steven adler with his 'ummm uh ah well ya know, its like, uh, umm,' I can't stand listening to him talk.

He was even worse when he was wasted

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2006, 08:14:16 PM »

I think everyone, except Botaxl, would've like to of quit when Izzy did, they just didn't have the balls. Certain people had become accustomed to certain lifestyles & there was just too much money to be made by sticking around for the UYI tour(s). And yes, I would say it's fairly obvious that Izzy quiting was the day GNR died. It's corpse still toured, but it's soul was gone. Who ever would've thought that quiet guy playing rhythm guitar in the shadows meant so much?

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
VRslash
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2006, 08:40:34 PM »

shit man Izzy left the band 15 years ago Slash 10 years ago and Duff 8 years ago lets move on at the moment old Gnr does not exist only new gnr lets get excited and wait to speculate on why they might fall apart

i disagree. the demand for the old gnr is in higher demand then new material. i think its just a matter of time. no one will ever realy move on. u can lie to your self and get pissed when people talk about it n delete threads ( hmmmm) but everyone wants it just as bad as the other. some show it some dont. no one will ever move on. but i am counting the days to here the news on the GNR concert. who will be on stage in the band? will it be the same line up as 2002 or all new or he even original hihi. but what ever it is we all know AXL likes to keep everyone in the dark. hell know one can ever find anything out. just when u think u know the answer sudenly it exactly what u didnt expect. thats his style. but i think that GNR broke up cause of lack of control. not the drug's or drinks but GNR was so big and i realy blam it on Axl but what people think is what people think. Izzy left for his reasons which pritty much was axl. but i blam axl 99.9% and its 99.9% up to axl to make it the band it once was and the only way to do that is reunion. FUCK BUCKETHEAD. lol i love saying that.

Jamie
VIP

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2006, 08:52:04 PM »

i disagree. the demand for the old gnr is in higher demand then new material. i think its just a matter of time. no one will ever realy move on. u can lie to your self and get pissed when people talk about it n delete threads ( hmmmm) but everyone wants it just as bad as the other. some show it some dont. no one will ever move on. but i am counting the days to here the news on the GNR concert. who will be on stage in the band? will it be the same line up as 2002 or all new or he even original hihi. but what ever it is we all know AXL likes to keep everyone in the dark. hell know one can ever find anything out. just when u think u know the answer sudenly it exactly what u didnt expect. thats his style. but i think that GNR broke up cause of lack of control. not the drug's or drinks but GNR was so big and i realy blam it on Axl but what people think is what people think. Izzy left for his reasons which pritty much was axl. but i blam axl 99.9% and its 99.9% up to axl to make it the band it once was and the only way to do that is reunion. FUCK BUCKETHEAD. lol i love saying that.

Ha! You'll go down well here!

But to actually adress your post: I disagree man, if you asked every person on this board which they'd prefer, a reunion or a release of CD, I'd say the latter would hold a dramatic majority. And I'd have to agree, the GnR community has waited too long for CD for Axl just drop it and re-unite the original band. Hell a reunion would be something I'd be up for some time in the future just not before CD and the next VR. As for your theory on why GnR ultimately broke up, that's still up in the air, but I defy what you said about Izzy leaving completely because of Axl. Izzy made it clear after his departure that he left because the whole GnR circus, the media attention, the sold out arenas, was just getting too much for him. And one more thing, i recommend you actually listen to some of the new music available, and a few solo projects, before saying things like "Fuck Buckethead" despite his image, which I admit is a little out of place for GnR, Buckethead is an incredibly talented musician.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2006, 08:54:07 PM »

Yeah, we want to see what Axl came up with before a reunion.  Besides, we have 2012 to look forward to when they get inducted into the RnR hall of fame, whats another 6 years?
VRslash
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2006, 09:05:39 PM »

the GnR community has waited too long for CD for Axl just drop it and re-unite the original band. Hell a reunion would be something I'd be up for some time in the future just not before CD and the next VR

well i dont think a reunion would mean droping everything. axl as far as we know is the real part of gnr left. the people he plays with do there job and get a pay check. axl writes the songs its his vision. and i have only heard the demos but since there is no back up vocials and the songs still sound to me like they where in the begining stages i think axl has one hell of a fucking master peace comeing. and 3 CD's btw. the wait pays off. but aside of how kick ass rock n roll the new album is going to be. i would still rather have slash and duff n even matt join. but as u said the new VR album is coming. im just as excited over that album as i am over the gnr album. the fact is tho in my mind i would rather have Gnr back then have them split in to two diffrent bands. just the image of slash n duff in Gnr again. just imagin it. shit gets my blood flowing. but yeah i realy want the new VR album and i hope they lean more tword old school gnr rock n roll then "DANCEBLE" lol. altho its also been kill and contraband was thrown to gether realy fast so i can see why even tho it was great. i still think everyone one knows it could have been better.

but whos going to be on stage with axl in the coming months. i know buckethead is out. and im glade cause i never liked his style. and i havent heard all his stuff. but what i have it realy didnt catch my attention and when something isnt great to me, i dont like it. its easy to make music but its hard to make good music.

misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2006, 09:11:33 PM »

the GnR community has waited too long for CD for Axl just drop it and re-unite the original band. Hell a reunion would be something I'd be up for some time in the future just not before CD and the next VR

well i dont think a reunion would mean droping everything. axl as far as we know is the real part of gnr left. the people he plays with do there job and get a pay check. axl writes the songs its his vision. and i have only heard the demos but since there is no back up vocials and the songs still sound to me like they where in the begining stages i think axl has one hell of a fucking master peace comeing. and 3 CD's btw. the wait pays off. but aside of how kick ass rock n roll the new album is going to be. i would still rather have slash and duff n even matt join. but as u said the new VR album is coming. im just as excited over that album as i am over the gnr album. the fact is tho in my mind i would rather have Gnr back then have them split in to two diffrent bands. just the image of slash n duff in Gnr again. just imagin it. shit gets my blood flowing. but yeah i realy want the new VR album and i hope they lean more tword old school gnr rock n roll then "DANCEBLE" lol. altho its also been kill and contraband was thrown to gether realy fast so i can see why even tho it was great. i still think everyone one knows it could have been better.

but whos going to be on stage with axl in the coming months. i know buckethead is out. and im glade cause i never liked his style. and i havent heard all his stuff. but what i have it realy didnt catch my attention and when something isnt great to me, i dont like it. its easy to make music but its hard to make good music.

That post made no sense hihi

As for people wanting old GNR more than new GNR material... Well this place was pretty damn busy when the leaks surfaced. And when you said people will never move on. I did. Grin

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2006, 09:20:16 PM »

I can see where you're coming from, but if original GnR did get back together before CD ?then I can't really see any other result than the abandonment of both CD and Libertad, I mean how could they be completed with the old GnR back, Axl working on Libertad, and CD being done from scratch with S&D in the line up? I really don't think that is a realistic scenario. And about the hired musician thing in new GnR, this discussion has been had before but for the interest of debate I'll through in my two cents: if the new GnR are merely musicians for hire don't you think they'd be off partaking in projects of their own and making more money and more of a reputation for themselves than being in GnR with Axl? Now I'm aware that the current members do get involved in other projects such as Tommy's solo album and his dates with SA and Dizzy with Hookers n Blow etc. But that's strictly on a GnR comes first basis, and is hardly earning them a reputation as ground breaking music talents. if Axl wants them back in the studio or out on the road they're there, that to me is committment. I agree with you after that for a while, I also believe Axl is sitting on a real masterpiece, and would also love to see S&D back in GnR, in the future, as i've previously stressed. And the VR "danceable" thing I have expressed my views on in another thread, to sum it up I basically believe that by "danceable" they are refering to groove based RnR ala Mr Brownstone.

As for who will be with GnR during the tour I'm going on the assumption that it's gonna be the 02 band minus BH: Axl, Finck, Fortus, Dizzy, Tommy, Brain, and maybe Pittman.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2006, 09:29:13 PM by Jamie » Logged
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: