Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 06:37:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  peoples reactions at bars
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: peoples reactions at bars  (Read 3347 times)
Red Sox Fan
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: March 04, 2006, 04:59:56 PM »

very good where im at ok
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 05:02:11 PM »

Reactions to what?! Axl's public appearances? The leaked tunes? GnR going on tour? Or just the comeback as a whole?
JAC185
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 05:21:14 PM »

Reactions to what?! Axl's public appearances? The leaked tunes? GnR going on tour? Or just the comeback as a whole?

Maybe he means peoples reactions to bars

Like 'hey a bar, woooooo'

My advice would be to make it a little more obvious as to what the thread is about
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2006, 05:32:58 PM »

My advice would be to make it a little more obvious as to what the thread is about
My favorite thing in the world: Advice from a sarcastic noob with attitude.

Haven't been to any bars recently, but I've been to a couple parties and played the demos. They were well received. Especially Better. Haven't played CITR to any large group of people, just a few that came by my house. They liked it.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2006, 06:37:37 PM »

I know the bar loves when afd is played.. Nothing like PC
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2006, 06:39:03 PM »

Take it with a grain of salt, since when are drunks great music critics?  beer drool

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
awhellzno05
Headliner

Oh no! Oh no! "Oh Yeah!" - Kool Aid Man

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2006, 07:04:06 PM »

Drunks are pretty honest though  Wink

The Devil hates a loser
GunsN'Gravy
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2006, 07:25:31 PM »

Haven't been to any bars recently, but I've been to a couple parties and played the demos. They were well received. Especially Better. Haven't played CITR to any large group of people, just a few that came by my house. They liked it.
My favorite thing in the world: A guy who spends to much time on the internet, whining about what "NOOBS" do.

I got the DJ at the strip club in my town to play better and everyone started bad mouthing Axl, and not even listening to it. It made me sad.

Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2006, 12:23:04 AM »

My favorite thing in the world: A guy who spends to much time on the internet, whining about what "NOOBS" do.

I got the DJ at the strip club in my town to play better and everyone started bad mouthing Axl, and not even listening to it. It made me sad.

"The" strip club? Only one? Where do you live?
GunsN'Gravy
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2006, 12:51:46 AM »

Northern Canada

Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature
bad tripp
Headliner

Here Today... Probably Here Tommorrow

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2006, 01:50:44 AM »

Haha good call, everyone under 3000 posts to their name should just stfu!... oh wait..

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2006, 05:44:42 AM »

Drunks are pretty honest though? Wink

they are pretty impaired too, look at all the guys trying to hook up with fattys..  The old beer goggles
Red Sox Fan
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2006, 09:33:57 AM »

my bad, meant the leaked songs
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2006, 09:43:24 AM »

what leaked songs ?
what are you talkin about ?

AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2006, 10:46:52 AM »

but I've been to a couple parties and played the demos. They were well received. Especially Better. Haven't played CITR to any large group of people, just a few that came by my house. They liked it.
can you imagine some of the non gnr obessed people at the party....... oh no james is gonna play gnr again.  Yeah james.... they sound great... ok could we listen to some eminem now?  or some dave mathhews?  oh no james put on IRS for the 20th time tonight- yes james you did play the incomplete demo of better.... 14 times.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2006, 11:09:55 AM »

Try again making no mention of the band name, mate.
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2006, 11:26:39 AM »

Oh cool, yeah I've played the ones that I've not been able to stop myself listening to to a few people, mostly casual GnR fans, and the reaction's been really good too.
tat2d1
Opening Act

i don't give a fuck

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2006, 01:44:07 PM »

most the people i've played the songs for liked them. a few didn't, but for the most part, they're the ones that have their minds made up before they even hear the songs. it's that " slash is gone, so the music sucks" shit.

my brother in law is by no means a GnR fan, but he loves the new songs. He said " thank god! it's not an 80's album. Axl sounds real good and the songs sound mature". He says he'll be buying CD when it comes out.

Once there was this rock n roll band rollin' on the streets. Time went by and it became a joke. They just needed more and more fulfilling,uh huh. Time went by, it all went up in smoke.....
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2006, 01:57:40 PM »

Haha good call, everyone under 3000 posts to their name should just stfu!... oh wait..

in about a week it will be 4000 posts hihi

i played better to lots of people and didn`t mention the band ...  the reaction was great..

i played better to one of my best friends and he was like: "which band is that? it`s great!"   i was really surprised about that. since he doesn`t like gnr very much except paradise city and is more into bands like bullet for my valentine, limp bizkit, etc.....    then i played IRS and he thought it was cool as well. he thought the songs were interesting and had a lot of cool ideas.

usually most people i know were never interested in the new band or in gnr in general, but these demos really changed their opinion.

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
contrabandAFD
Opening Act

Hey, you caught me in a coma.

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2006, 02:44:56 PM »

The reaction has been really good so far, although some poeple have been a little put off if I mention the GN'R name before they hear the track.

Overall, the people I've played the demos to are loving the new material, whether they were into old Guns or not.

It's cool that people who never had the chance to get into Guns the first time round are getting to hear new stuff now, but it does mean that they aren't gonna react to AFD in the same way, because that won't be the "original" GN'R sound to them.

If they had someone to buy it, said I'm sure they'd sell my soul.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: