Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 07:31:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Brian May confirms his presence on Catcher In The Rye guitars
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian May confirms his presence on Catcher In The Rye guitars  (Read 17877 times)
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2006, 04:35:14 AM »

So essentially Chinese Democracy is an Axl solo album with guest musicians?
no dude, you're wrong. This is not an Axl solo album. This is Guns N' Roses. A band, remember, a band.
Go to ask your silly and sacarcastic questions a la concha de tu madre, forro

peace

Nah, I'm right.

Of course you are. There never was a band called Guns N' Roses. Remember Use your Illusion? West Arkeen and Alice Cooper! Shame! It was Axl Rose Solo Band ALL the time. Fo sho!

Restraint is for suckers.
littleredcorvette
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2006, 04:36:41 AM »

Christ. If you go back through the interview and news archives you'll find many comments from Axl, Tommy, Dizzy and Richard about how the album is very much a collaborative effort. Whether you choose to call the new band Guns N' Roses or not is up to you, but it is definitely not an Axl solo album according to everything we've been told. All the players would bring ideas to the studio, they'd jam around on them and then all take a tape home to listen to and pick ideas out from. If Axl is to believed, in each case, the music was written and recorded to the standard that was needed before he even wrote the lyrics or recorded vocals because he needed something perfect to compete against and raise his game.

To the guy repeating over and over that these are all demos, if you think I.R.S is completed, mixed and mastered you're bannanas. For one thing the I.R.S we have is at least 3 years old, as are probably 2 of the other 3 if they came from the same CD. You reckon they haven't been worked on since then? Even when work has been done up to the last months?

slashsaxl
VIP

I'll never find anyone to replace you....

« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2006, 04:42:20 AM »

its good to hear brian may say that, as for an axl rose solo album comment, like stated above all the members claim it was a collaborated effort on the music, can't wait to hear it

rock n' roll

To Be A Rock And Not To Roll....
debonbon27
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2006, 05:00:27 AM »

Most solo album are done as some sort of collaboration, and session players will write there own little riffs.

As for being demos, I.R.S sounds like one but Better definately sounds like a rough mix. I can't see Brian May flying in to record on a demo at all.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 05:03:07 AM by debonbon27 » Logged
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2006, 05:22:30 AM »

Most solo album are done as some sort of collaboration, and session players will write there own little riffs.

As for being demos, I.R.S sounds like one but Better definately sounds like a rough mix. I can't see Brian May flying in to record on a demo at all.

Wouldn't brian may basically lay down teh guitar parts then fly back home then later they will be added?
Ejay
Opening Act

Guns are Allowed

« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2006, 05:31:44 AM »

Who's Brian May?

And I swear I posted this like 10 minutes ago already...

People should be banned for asking such questions...

Go listen to some Queen...

Here here, how can anybody talk about Rock and not even know who Brian May is,  crying

In Guns we Trust, Guns never let us down
elevendayempire
Rocker

...Now I know you better...

« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2006, 05:39:45 AM »

<sighs>

Brian May was called in by Axl to record parts for Chinese Democracy back when Robin Finck left the band for a brief period. This track must, therefore, date from back then... 1999-2000, I think. It's certainly pre-Buckethead, and it's definitely a demo. Whether May's guitar work will make it to the album is open to question; I hope it does, but I'm a huge Queen fan...

SG
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2006, 05:40:17 AM »

Wouldn't brian may basically lay down teh guitar parts then fly back home then later they will be added?
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what he did. Also, they can put whatever they want in a demo and then use it in the final mix. People need to know this is not '80s anymore, we have ProTools and even a demo can sound awesome.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2006, 05:45:25 AM »

wow, ok, apparently I stand corrected peace

Good job Mr Brian May on you contribution to CITR ok

godiva
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2006, 05:46:35 AM »

Mr May is a stand up guy. Thanks for posting his reply. I like what he did on the song. sounds good.
Olorin
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2006, 05:48:11 AM »

Awsome, but it begs the question yet again,

WHAT THE FUCK HAS AXL BEEN DOING ALL THESE YEARS?

Wonder how old the other demos are?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2006, 05:50:43 AM »

Awsome, but it begs the question yet again,

WHAT THE FUCK HAS AXL BEEN DOING ALL THESE YEARS?

Wonder how old the other demos are?

it goes top show axl could have released a damn good album several years ago and toured already, still what I think was happening in 02 but fuck that's really old news
TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2006, 05:53:51 AM »

Quote from: Brian May
I was pretty surprised to find a mix of it in my inbox this week .... after all these years. I wonder who leaked this stuff. Yes, my guitar is there, nice and crisply recorded. It was a blast doing the sessions.

That alone seems like conclusive proof to me that the version of CITR we have heard is a demo. I can see the finished article being of a faster pace to the leaked version, and if that is the case it would mean that Brian May's work would need to be re-recorded.
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2006, 05:55:09 AM »

It's great that Brian played on the song. I love it. The song is very beautiful. Axl's melodies and harmonies in it are great, and obviously Brian did a great job. It's also cool to see Brian having good things to say about Axl, and what he says about his voice is absolutely true. Its what we've all been missing.
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2006, 06:06:33 AM »

I'm so happy with this confirmation. I did a topic in a Queen forum (www.queenzone.com) asking them if they think Brian is on the track. Replies were very different from the Queen fans. I think that lots of them are not very happy knowing that Brian is on an Axl Rose track, but that doesn't give a shit to me.

here's the topic with all the replies

http://www.queenzone.com/queenzone/forumnew/forum_topic_view.aspx?Q=730502

wonder why Bri's fans are unhappy that he's been guesting/playing with Axl.  It's not like it would detract/distract from what Queen are up to at the moment.  a great guitarist and bloke like him - they should be pleased he's still reaching new audiences ( + those who don't know who brian may is)
badapple81
« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2006, 06:31:06 AM »

I'm so happy with this confirmation. I did a topic in a Queen forum (www.queenzone.com) asking them if they think Brian is on the track. Replies were very different from the Queen fans. I think that lots of them are not very happy knowing that Brian is on an Axl Rose track, but that doesn't give a shit to me.

here's the topic with all the replies

http://www.queenzone.com/queenzone/forumnew/forum_topic_view.aspx?Q=730502

wonder why Bri's fans are unhappy that he's been guesting/playing with Axl.? It's not like it would detract/distract from what Queen are up to at the moment.? a great guitarist and bloke like him - they should be pleased he's still reaching new audiences ( + those who don't know who brian may is)

Guess it goes back to the whole One In A Million thing and the idea that Axl is this big homophobe. Remember before the Mercury Tribute in 92 Queen fans were protesting about Guns N' Roses performing. There was even a sign held up when they were on stage which from memory Axl directed his 'shove it' to during Paradise City.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 06:33:09 AM by GunnerDownUnder » Logged
TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2006, 06:51:58 AM »

Unless some messages have been removed I didn't see anyone objecting in the thread to Brian May playing with GNR, only those who said the current GNR were poor at the VMAs and that the band reached its 'climax' in 1991, which I'd also argue against.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2006, 06:54:57 AM »

Quote from: Brian May
I was pretty surprised to find a mix of it in my inbox this week .... after all these years. I wonder who leaked this stuff. Yes, my guitar is there, nice and crisply recorded. It was a blast doing the sessions.

That alone seems like conclusive proof to me that the version of CITR we have heard is a demo. I can see the finished article being of a faster pace to the leaked version, and if that is the case it would mean that Brian May's work would need to be re-recorded.
Why? I'm sure they have his work still intact and ready to a new mix anytime. Like I said before, we're in Protools era, it doesn't need to re-record something all the time.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2006, 06:55:37 AM »

Unless some messages have been removed I didn't see anyone objecting in the thread to Brian May playing with GNR, only those who said the current GNR were poor at the VMAs and that the band reached its 'climax' in 1991, which I'd also argue against.

I think they did in 91, 92 was the fucking overbloated gnr followed by tsi and the end in 93
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2006, 07:39:38 AM »

Who's Brian May?

And I swear I posted this like 10 minutes ago already...

People should be banned for asking such questions...

Go listen to some Queen...

Here here, how can anybody talk about Rock and not even know who Brian May is,  crying

Calm down people. Don't go overboard on someone just because they're not familiar with or don't know who Brian May is.

On the topic, it's cool to hear Brian is officially a part of the album. Although we suspected he had done some work for some time now anyways.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: