Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 08, 2024, 07:26:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228157 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Brian May confirms his presence on Catcher In The Rye guitars
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian May confirms his presence on Catcher In The Rye guitars  (Read 16031 times)
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #80 on: March 03, 2006, 10:44:40 AM »

Why does a band who, at that time had 3 guitarists, need to get in Brian May?!?

Because Axl is a fan and probably though 'hey this would sound great with a Brian May style solo on it...hey I know him let me give him a call he'd be a great guest to have!'

By your silly logic why would a band that has Axl Rose in it need to get Alice Cooper or Shannon Hoon or Izzy Stradlin' to sing on a GnR tune? It's because it's fun and because they can.
Evolution
« Reply #81 on: March 03, 2006, 10:57:54 AM »

Pretty cool  ok
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #82 on: March 03, 2006, 11:08:32 AM »

Me too!

I think its really great to hear the nice words from Brian May. He is one
of the greatest rock n roll men in the history, and he is a so down to earth
kind of guy! He have alot of peoples respect, and he really respect others.
Its great to see him so excited about Axl and GNR! Brian is one of us...

PS: Brian dares to say what he means about people. There is to much of the "i bash Axl coz everyone else does it"
No doubt Axl will have the last word, and i guess alot of people will change theyr opinion on min.. soon..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #83 on: March 03, 2006, 11:13:04 AM »

Back in 1976,  Brian May's guitar playing was the reason I started listening to Queen
and the Vocals of Fredy were huge. I'm so glad Axl and Brian collaborated. Brian is a true
musican and I'd keep every note he played on CITR. ok 

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Velvet Forever
Headliner

GNR Here Today...I hope someday in Hell...

« Reply #84 on: March 03, 2006, 11:25:02 AM »

Grin nice !
Great Solo
RichardNixon
« Reply #85 on: March 03, 2006, 11:28:02 AM »

CITR w/May's solo better be on CD! rant peace
shaun
« Reply #86 on: March 03, 2006, 11:31:23 AM »

nope sorry (after afew more listens) Catcher isn't my cup of tea. It's interesting, but all said and done, not want i want to hear. I've always liked Guns n'Roses for their heavier songs, i like fast sounds with crazy guitars. While Gn'R have been in hinding, i've gotten into NIN, Buckethead (non GnR) Enter the Chicken has some crazy crazy stuff on that album, its great. Still, i will pick CD up on release, if only to have a studio version of the Blues. The Blues is the best song to come out of the new GnR, even now i listen to the bootlegs of that track and love it to bits, TWAT and BETTER are cool too, the guitar work on TWAT is fucking great, i want more of where that came from  peace
« Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 11:33:01 AM by D0badog » Logged
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #87 on: March 03, 2006, 11:47:47 AM »

I wish to God Brian May would join Guns N' Roses.... if Axl's really going after the whole Queen thing.... is there anyone better in the world to have on lead guitar?!? I think not. Plus, he's a legend in his own right... the press would have to shove it with the whole "Axl's merry band of freaks and guys not named Slash" routine...

I think Brian has too much respect for Slash to actually tour as Guns N' Roses lead guitarist though.... everything I've always read is that the guys of Queen have respect for ALL the members of the original GN'R... not just Axl.

I hope his stuff stays on the album though... really suits Axl's style well.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Satapher
Wings Of Redemption
VIP

GODS N' ROSES

« Reply #88 on: March 03, 2006, 12:04:16 PM »

I'm so happy with this confirmation. I did a topic in a Queen forum (www.queenzone.com) asking them if they think Brian is on the track. Replies were very different from the Queen fans. I think that lots of them are not very happy knowing that Brian is on an Axl Rose track, but that doesn't give a shit to me.

here's the topic with all the replies

http://www.queenzone.com/queenzone/forumnew/forum_topic_view.aspx?Q=730502

Im very, very, very happy for this confirmation, cause Queen is my 2nd favourite band after GNR.

hehehehehehehhehe mine queen is the 1st one  Grin thanx for this one... now time to span there and get pissed off some freddies there

1992.11.29 Bogota, COL
2001.12.31 Las Vegas, USA
2002.12.05 New York City, USA
2010.03.30 Bogota, COL
2016.07.27 Atlanta, USA
2016.11.23 Medellin, COL
2022.06.15 Stavanger, NOR
2023.06.21 Oslo,
shaun
« Reply #89 on: March 03, 2006, 12:16:00 PM »

If Catcher in the Rye is played live, I guess atleast one of the other band members has learnt Brians parts. It also mean Brain May can jump on stage and join in if he happens to be around (possibly at some up and coming gigs)
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #90 on: March 03, 2006, 12:48:46 PM »

The song is catchy...that's for certain. Definitely reminds me of "Yesterday" meets "Hey, Jude" with a little, dare I say, Santana flare to it (which is not a bad thing). My one critique would be that the part that starts "You decide..." is SO FN' KILLER that I wish it would pop up again near the end of the song. Best part IMO.

EDIT: Sorry...thought I was posting in the CITR thread (not the Brian May one).
« Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 12:51:51 PM by SINSHINE » Logged

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #91 on: March 03, 2006, 12:53:20 PM »

That's cool.  I really like Brian and Queen.  Saw Brian when he opened for GN'R in 93.  He was good then and still is.  Hopefully, Axl listens to his comments and puts out the album.
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #92 on: March 03, 2006, 12:53:46 PM »

How addictive is this freakin song...!?

Man. All these leaks are amazing.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #93 on: March 03, 2006, 01:09:30 PM »

I could see Brian May doing a couple of shows as a guest for a couple of songs, especially the high profile ones. Anyone know where he will be during RnR?

It is important for his parts to stay on the album b/c if axl gets any grief for Catcher's content, it would be great to have an all time great standing up for him.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Ejay
Opening Act

Guns are Allowed

« Reply #94 on: March 03, 2006, 01:17:47 PM »

Who's Brian May?

And I swear I posted this like 10 minutes ago already...

People should be banned for asking such questions...

Go listen to some Queen...

Here here, how can anybody talk about Rock and not even know who Brian May is,? crying

Calm down people. Don't go overboard on someone just because they're not familiar with or don't know who Brian May is.

On the topic, it's cool to hear Brian is officially a part of the album. Although we suspected he had done some work for some time now anyways.

I refuse to calm down. He/she should be banned...? Grin

On a serious note, I honestly think that Queen is one of the first bands anyone needs to listen to, if they are really into rock music.

They were pioneers and Brian May was a big part of it, even though lots of people think that Queen was all about Freddie...

And I know that some will say that not all of their songs were THAT good, but when a band has written songs like Bohemian or Who Wants To Live Forever, they deserve R-E-S-P-E-C-T...

completely agree. You happen to have Innuendo? One of their best albums ever......they have made so so many great variable music.?

Queen are on the same level with Guns N' Roses for me so I have most of their stuff.

Unfortunately I've never seen them live so I wish that they would come to Greece someday with PR. I know he's not Freddie, but he's also great so...

Maybe we should post this on a queen/brian may message board.....  nervous
But I went to the Queen + Paul Rodgers tour, It was fantastic, the "old" dudes really rocked, It's great to hear GNR and Brian together.

In Guns we Trust, Guns never let us down
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #95 on: March 03, 2006, 03:34:04 PM »

didn't someone garentee that brian may was on guitar.. on citr.. i wonder if he has anyother inside info
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #96 on: March 03, 2006, 03:37:17 PM »

good for Brian May, like a give a fuck if he played on it
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #97 on: March 03, 2006, 03:55:12 PM »

Why does a band who, at that time had 3 guitarists, need to get in Brian May?!?

Because Axl is a fan and probably though 'hey this would sound great with a Brian May style solo on it...hey I know him let me give him a call he'd be a great guest to have!'

By your silly logic why would a band that has Axl Rose in it need to get Alice Cooper or Shannon Hoon or Izzy Stradlin' to sing on a GnR tune? It's because it's fun and because they can.

Actually, he poses a legit question. Robin Finck had left GN'R at the time and Axl was bummed about that, so he asked Brian May to fly in and replace som of his parts. Brian May explained it in a radio interview a few years back.
shaun
« Reply #98 on: March 03, 2006, 04:22:16 PM »

I wonder if Brian May knows about the subject matter of the song he offered guitar sounds for. I am sure i read some place that the lyrics came after the songs were created.
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: March 03, 2006, 06:28:28 PM »

Actually, he poses a legit question. Robin Finck had left GN'R at the time and Axl was bummed about that, so he asked Brian May to fly in and replace som of his parts. Brian May explained it in a radio interview a few years back.

But Brian May was never considered for a permanent spot in GnR, which makes him a guest on the record.

Either way, I love the idea of this being a hit single. The thought of all these no taste in music having Korn/Linkin Park/Blink 182 kiddies will get to hear a real guitarist do what he does best.  ok
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: