Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:27:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New album as a 3-disc set
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: New album as a 3-disc set  (Read 8557 times)
RichardNixon
« on: March 02, 2006, 06:31:43 PM »

Wouldn' that cost the consumer like, 25-30 bucks? Is that a wise move for a comeback album?

Jayme says the party eventually moved to Trucks? tour bus, where Rose produced a CD and previewed some of ?Chinese Democracy? -- which the singer said will be sold as a 3-disc collection.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 06:32:59 PM »

I'm pretty sure this isn't referring to a triple album but 3 separate discs released at different times.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 06:33:39 PM »

This has already been posted.
RichardNixon
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 06:33:51 PM »

sold as a 3-disc collection
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 06:35:04 PM »

I doubt they'd release them as a 3 disc set.  The Use Your Illusions were released simultaneously but you could buy them separately.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
RichardNixon
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2006, 06:36:28 PM »

Yes, this thread is to ponder if it is a wise move to reintroduce yourself with a three disc set. While we will no doubt drool over the prospect, it is asking a lot of the consumer, who may not even be that much of a fan. Will some pimply faced dweeb that works for Dominos Pizza want to shell out 30 dollars for a CD?
Steel_Angel
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2006, 06:37:06 PM »

maybe there will be a chinese democracy cd with 13 tracks (for the cheap bastards) and another one with 3-discs(for da fans) Huh? hihi
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2006, 06:37:24 PM »

Yes it has...but its a serious topic so they won't close it.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2006, 06:38:56 PM »

Recalls at a drinking party on a tour bus after tequilla shots at the bar - perhaps he heard Axl wrong - I seriously doubt this

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2006, 06:40:32 PM »

I haven't even heard evidence that CD will be a double album set. Axl mentioned a follow up approximately a year or so after CD drops.

I expect 13-14 tracks on a single album. Those additional ten songs intrigue me. I hope Axl honors that promise.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2006, 06:40:38 PM »

System of a Down released a double disc last year, one in May and one in November. ?I'd expect something more like that, or at least the option to purchase the discs separately not as a whole package. ?Why are we talking about 3 discs? ?We're getting a little carried away. ?Let's wait until we hear at least ONE is coming out.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
RichardNixon
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2006, 06:45:44 PM »

I can understand why a three-disc set may be the ideal way for Axl to realize his artistic vision. Some great works need to be heard in their entirety, like Jimi Hendrix's "Electric Lady Land" which is an opus, a spiritual journey.

If Axl has spent 10+ years perfecting his vision, and is ready to unleash his life's work, why would or should he be stifled by having to limit his creative output to a mere 70+ minutes?

Still, from a marketing perspective, it may not be a good idea. Even if U2 or Radiohead released a triple album, sales would be hurt by the cost.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 06:47:19 PM by RichardNixon » Logged
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2006, 06:49:37 PM »

chinese democracy will sell big. i doubt it will matter.  ok

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2006, 06:50:21 PM »

Well, he mentioned this idea a few years agot at a European concert...but in the sense of releasing 1, then another, then another one. ?I would assume that plan is still on.

Axl_GNR
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2006, 06:52:03 PM »

I think a 3 CD collection could sell really well.  As long as the music is great, which it will be, then people will shell out the cash.

axlsalinger
Rocker

All I got, is precious time...

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2006, 06:53:54 PM »

Guy probably said "How's Chinese Democracy coming along?"
Axl said "Good, it's gonna be 3 CD's".

The guy probably thought he meant a 3-cd compilation, but Axl said a long time ago he wants to put out CD, then another album a year later, then another album a year after that.

When all is said and done,
We're not the only ones,
Who look at life this way
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2006, 06:57:40 PM »

Yes, this thread is to ponder if it is a wise move to reintroduce yourself with a three disc set. While we will no doubt drool over the prospect, it is asking a lot of the consumer, who may not even be that much of a fan. Will some pimply faced dweeb that works for Dominos Pizza want to shell out 30 dollars for a CD?

Is that one cd? or three cd's you are talking about? 'cause if I were to buy a 3 disc set man I would need to fork over...ehm let say 60 euro's/65 dollars nervous
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2006, 07:09:27 PM »

If a 3 CD set is release together I'd still buy it first day it drops. But I think they will be released months a part not so much years.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
RichardNixon
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2006, 07:09:48 PM »

Sorry, I'm not too familiar with the whole Euro/US currency equivalent. If "Chinese Democracy" were a three-disc set, I am guessing it would be about 30 US dollars, when if first went on sale, and then would be about 35+.
ElNonoPololo
Headliner

Here Today...I guess

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2006, 07:19:50 PM »

As a COMMERCIAL comeback, it would be disappointing. Not a failure, I suppose, but there are many casual buyers that would be put off by the price/sheer lengh of the whole thing.
I think it is very obvious that it just wouldn?t sell as much, and it would be harder to promote than a single album. Besides, an album is like 80 mins of music, more than plenty for a sprawling musical experience. Most classic double albums are shorter- Exile on Main St., Blonde On Blonde, Electric Ladyland- but still quite epic journeys.

My opinion? A single album of cherry-picked material would be best.

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: