Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 06:29:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What's wrong with Sympathy For The Devil and/or The Spaghetti Incident?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's wrong with Sympathy For The Devil and/or The Spaghetti Incident?  (Read 14869 times)
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2005, 08:02:52 AM »

as slash said

"its the sound of the band breaking up"

I just saw that documentary and that comment made me laugh Grin
But the song aint that bad, it just bores me. But it's better than the Stones version.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2005, 05:05:30 PM »

Man, I am a big Stones fan. But for fucksake, on voice alone Axl kicks Mick's ass. Mick was one of the original white rappers. He really doesn't sing. Axl on the other hand sings SFTD like a maniac. Seriously crazy awesome vocals by the man...

yes
If you love Axl's vocals, that'd tend to make you enjoy his covers more than the originals.
Mind you, not that factor ALONE, but its a huge factor in the enjoyment of a song

SFTD is a great song...  with Axl's vocals it just becomes  drool  to me
As with all music, its subjective

Some people just don't like Axl's voice!  Shocked

To me that voice is more than the voice of GN'R...  it defines GN'R.  love
Surfrider
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2005, 10:27:34 PM »

first off, its MUCH better then the original, Stones version

but really, i think the song has energy and axl sounds great. the end is alittle messy, and the mix isn't great....there doesnt seem to be any LEAD guitar, but 2 or 3 semi-leads, if that makes sense. but i think the cover is really cool, why do people KILL IT?Huh
It is not even in the same league with the original version.
purplehaze1988
Rocker

nur ihr konnt holland stoppen

« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2005, 03:16:21 PM »

sympathy is one of many songs GNR covered that are better than the original, along with Knockin', mama kin, aint it fun etc. And can you seriously say you prefer T-Rex's vers of Buick Makane?

I've worked too hard for my illusions just to throw them all away.
waxlrose1987
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2006, 10:01:05 AM »

I dont get all the haters for Spahetti Incident and the track sympathy for the devil....I think sympathy is a bad ass song--has kind of a GNR Lies feel to it and Spaghetti is a great album..Only problem is they should not have let Duff sing anything except Attitude...But all the Axl songs including the Manson track are great
W. Adam S
Rocker

...Gone to the toilet

« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2006, 10:13:37 AM »

Spaghetti is a great album, its good to hear the songs the guys were really into. I compiled all the original versions for an alternative 'Spaghetti incident - the originals?' kinda album, which is great  peace

'For Ricky to be any smarter he would have to die and come back as a turnip' - Trailer park boys.
chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2006, 10:14:50 AM »

Sympathy really is a great cover, it doesn't get any credit. As far as Spaghetti being a "great" album, I don't know about that. I'd say I only like about 5 songs on that album. "Since I don't have you" (that is a beautiful song, I wish it wouldn't have been on TSI, because it could've been regarded as one of their great covers, like KOHD and LALD). "Attitude" "Look at your game girl" and I guess "Ain't it fun". Spaghetti Incedent isn't really even a "good" album. It definately didn't give me the GN'R chills, on it's first spin, like Appetite, Lies, and both illusions records did.

They just thought Id know better. Better.
AXL 20
Rocker

Marijuana For President

« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2006, 10:17:43 AM »

i think spaghetti is an amazing album and sympathy is a great cover.

The legendary guitarist said that he does have some contact with Guns n' Roses singer Axl Rose, however.

"I've actually sent him Christmas cards, just to be cordial, but he never returns anything."
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2006, 10:19:01 AM »

Sympathy for the devil does nothing for me.
shaun
« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2006, 10:27:17 AM »

What's wrong with Sympathy For The Devil and/or The Spaghetti Incident?

er, nothing. I like The Spaghetti Incident?. For me the album simply represents other bands music played with GnR power. Sympathy for the Devil is performed well, not that i like the song too much.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2006, 10:28:53 AM »

the end of twat reminds me always of the end of sympathy for the devil ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
WhosGilby?
Rocker

Now we all know better!

« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2006, 10:38:10 AM »

I like it, exept the end wich is too long and noisy. Maybe it's the mix. And maybe it was Paul Huge Tobias, the Yoko Ohno of GN'R.

True, Tobias is the Yoko of Guns N Roses

So bitersweet this tragedy Won't ask for absolution
This melody, inside of me Still searches for solution
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2006, 10:50:01 AM »

What parts of SFTD did Paul Tobias (or Huge whatever his real name is) actually play? Right or left speaker? Did he play one of the parts in the duelling guitar solo, or was that all Slash

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2006, 10:55:41 AM »

Covers rarely get respect because the originals are oftentimes better, unless you're covering a Bob Dylan song (Knockin' on Heaven's Door, All Along the Watchtower, etc.).  It's tough to pull off covering a song by a band as accomplished as the Stones.  I think it's a fine song but the original is better.  I also enjoyed The Spaghetti Incident but it didn't do so well, just like Metallica's attempt.  People like to hear original music from big bands, that's all.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
WhosGilby?
Rocker

Now we all know better!

« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2006, 11:02:38 AM »

What parts of SFTD did Paul Tobias (or Huge whatever his real name is) actually play? Right or left speaker? Did he play one of the parts in the duelling guitar solo, or was that all Slash
All I know it that he did allot of the solos and that pissed slash off

estranged.1098
« Reply #75 on: March 04, 2006, 11:09:13 AM »

I like it, exept the end wich is too long and noisy. Maybe it's the mix. And maybe it was Paul Huge Tobias, the Yoko Ohno of GN'R.

That tells me you have no idea what happened not only to Guns N' Roses but to the Beatles as well.
SonofAGun
Rocker

Original fan Circa 87, Shaq and Roses?

« Reply #76 on: March 04, 2006, 11:20:28 AM »

first off, its MUCH better then the original, Stones version

/quote]

LMAO.
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: March 04, 2006, 12:20:54 PM »

All I know it that he did allot of the solos and that pissed slash off

Sorry Slash, you're just not as good as paul.  In 7 years when we tour I'll have him on rythm compared to Finck on lead because Paul should play the solos and you shouldn't slash.

I love TSI and SFTD.  But then again I also love punk and the stones, maybe its just me I donno
WhosGilby?
Rocker

Now we all know better!

« Reply #78 on: March 04, 2006, 05:52:34 PM »

That tells me you have no idea what happened not only to Guns N' Roses but to the Beatles as well.

That tells me you cant pick up on a joke

Axl S
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #79 on: March 04, 2006, 06:21:08 PM »

I love it. Better than the origial stones version. Period
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: